OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1899, 1900, 1901 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Taking a look at things. A regular 4 year max looks like

32.7M/34.3M/36M/37.8M=Total of 142.6M

But let's say someone agrees to take all of our cap space (about 600K short of a max) on a 1+1 year with the the understanding they will opt out and we would use our non bird rights to resign them to a 20% raise or Maximum salary..

32.1M-Year 1
35.4-After opting out and resigning for 1 year

After 2 years, guys like Jimmy, Kawhi, Kyrie would be eligible for the 35% max, where year 3 and 4 could like 42M and 45M (assuming the cap only increases 2M in year 3 from a projected 118M) for a total of 154.5M over 4 years....
KendrickLamar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
Saw this on twitter

Quote:
Danny Ainge refused to trade JAYLEN BROWN for Kawhi

Ainge held onto 38% shooter Terry Rozier like he’s prime Magic Johnson

Ainge has drafted ONE player who became an All-Star in BOS

Ainge gonna lose Kyrie

Ainge planned for YEARS to trade for AD and lost to the LAKERS

They've wanted AD for years now and they've stockpiled assets for that very reason(and even stayed out of kawhi and pg sweepstakes) but when it came down to it Ainge couldn't pull the trigger. That being said this brings a different level of joy knowing we have the one player the celtics have been coveting for years. The salt ahh
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Username wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Username wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Username wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
LKA wrote:
mookielala wrote:
Realistically, we aren't going to hear anything reliable until at least July 1, right?

I guarantee Pelinka is smarter than people like to believe lol

Name 1 move so far that shows this.

So far he has proven over and over again that he has no clue how to build a team.

Just got a top 5 26 year old player.

With that we gave up, you could have been the GM and gotten the same deal.

He couldn’t even get the timing right so we have room to sign a max.

I must have missed free agency passing by without us signing a max player.

Based on everything said so far, this trade will be done on the 6th and Lakers will be short of max space.

It should have been part of the deal that this trade would be executed on July 30th. It wasn’t.

What you've read is speculation because the pick is a fluid piece that could still get moved. Tania said the Pelicans are fine with delaying the trade, but they're shopping the pick and it's difficult to put iron-clad language in asking a third team to trade for a pick and draft a player they won't be able to see in Summer League.

It's going to depend on who ends up with the pick, and who that team wants to draft. If the team with the 4 pick is drafting Garland, they may not expect him to play in SL anyway so delaying until July 30 would be no issue. Right now, there's nothing definite so it's pointless to whine about it until there's actually something worth whining about.

Trades don't work that way and there is no reason for this to be fluid for the Lakers.

It should have been agreed upon as part of the trade. The mere fact that it wasn't shows incompetence by Pelinka.

Lakers have a lot to lose if the trade is done on the 6th.

How can the Lakers and Pelicans come to an agreement on that if neither of them end up with ownership of the #4 pick?

How about the Pelicans tell the other team that as part of the trade with the Lakers, they won’t be able to trade the 4th pick for 30 days?

Because then you're demanding a team to trade you an asset for a pick that they can't even see play in Summer League.

The hypocrisy here - Lakers have to make a trade not knowing if it will be done on 6th or 30th, yet the Pelicans can’t put stipulations on the 4th pick if they decided to trade it?
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Patrick Beverley
Kawhi Leonard
LeBron James
Kyle Kuzma
Anthony Davis

Imagine ? Most op starting lineup in NBA history
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Username wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Username wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Username wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Username wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
LKA wrote:
mookielala wrote:
Realistically, we aren't going to hear anything reliable until at least July 1, right?

I guarantee Pelinka is smarter than people like to believe lol

Name 1 move so far that shows this.

So far he has proven over and over again that he has no clue how to build a team.

Just got a top 5 26 year old player.

With that we gave up, you could have been the GM and gotten the same deal.

He couldn’t even get the timing right so we have room to sign a max.

I must have missed free agency passing by without us signing a max player.

Based on everything said so far, this trade will be done on the 6th and Lakers will be short of max space.

It should have been part of the deal that this trade would be executed on July 30th. It wasn’t.

What you've read is speculation because the pick is a fluid piece that could still get moved. Tania said the Pelicans are fine with delaying the trade, but they're shopping the pick and it's difficult to put iron-clad language in asking a third team to trade for a pick and draft a player they won't be able to see in Summer League.

It's going to depend on who ends up with the pick, and who that team wants to draft. If the team with the 4 pick is drafting Garland, they may not expect him to play in SL anyway so delaying until July 30 would be no issue. Right now, there's nothing definite so it's pointless to whine about it until there's actually something worth whining about.

Trades don't work that way and there is no reason for this to be fluid for the Lakers.

It should have been agreed upon as part of the trade. The mere fact that it wasn't shows incompetence by Pelinka.

Lakers have a lot to lose if the trade is done on the 6th.

How can the Lakers and Pelicans come to an agreement on that if neither of them end up with ownership of the #4 pick?

How about the Pelicans tell the other team that as part of the trade with the Lakers, they won’t be able to trade the 4th pick for 30 days?

Because then you're demanding a team to trade you an asset for a pick that they can't even see play in Summer League.

The hypocrisy here - Lakers have to make a trade not knowing if it will be done on 6th or 30th, yet the Pelicans can’t put stipulations on the 4th pick if they decided to trade it?

It's not about not knowing. They will know and they will have a say in it. The trade call has to include both teams. It's not going to get done without the Lakers agreeing.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:

Aw you sound upset, typical response.

Kuz scored 18.7 ppg on 46% shooting which are both improvements on his rookie year, he did struggle from 3 but your comparisons are laughable. He'll also make under 2 mil this year.

Trier was off the bench playing low minutes against lesser competition on low volume. The only area in which he had better stats than Kuz was his 3pt% while taking 1/3rd of the amount of 3's per game. By the way, set to make almost 8mil over the next 2 years.

Parker didn't start a single game after he went to WAS and shot below 30% from 3. Under 15 ppg, played against opposing team's bench units and put up worse stats than Kuz all around. By the way, making 20 mil next year.

Hezanja started about half the season, put up 8ppg on 27% from 3, and put up worse stats than Kuz all around. By the way, made 6.5 mil last year.

KCP? c'mon

It shows a lot that you would prefer these players to Kuz

That was a sample list of players we wouldn't have to give up multiple future picks to keep their mediocre stats on our roster. Reading comprehension is obviously not a strong suit of yours. In the future, I won't waste my time re-explaining my posts to people who don't understand basic math and English, and worst of all have to do the "you sound mad" line that is old as the internet itself.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject:

818fan wrote:
If we get Kawhi, I don't care if we re-sign Rondo
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject:

A lineup that consists of Anthony Davis and Kawhi would definitely be able to hide Kuzma on defense . Something we simply haven't been able to do in the past.

Special defenders like them would also be great for him to learn from

Last edited by LKA on Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject:

And lol @ people posting Vegas odds like that reflects anything more than an algorithm determined to bilk the maximum # of overeager, shortsighted Lakers fans out of their money, which judging by this board, there should be no shortage of.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Day wrote:

Aw you sound upset, typical response.

Kuz scored 18.7 ppg on 46% shooting which are both improvements on his rookie year, he did struggle from 3 but your comparisons are laughable. He'll also make under 2 mil this year.

Trier was off the bench playing low minutes against lesser competition on low volume. The only area in which he had better stats than Kuz was his 3pt% while taking 1/3rd of the amount of 3's per game. By the way, set to make almost 8mil over the next 2 years.

Parker didn't start a single game after he went to WAS and shot below 30% from 3. Under 15 ppg, played against opposing team's bench units and put up worse stats than Kuz all around. By the way, making 20 mil next year.

Hezanja started about half the season, put up 8ppg on 27% from 3, and put up worse stats than Kuz all around. By the way, made 6.5 mil last year.

KCP? c'mon

It shows a lot that you would prefer these players to Kuz

That was a sample list of players we wouldn't have to give up multiple future picks to keep their mediocre stats on our roster. Reading comprehension is obviously not a strong suit of yours. In the future, I won't waste my time re-explaining my posts to people who don't understand basic math and English, and worst of all have to do the "you sound mad" line that is old as the internet itself.

What are you even saying? You're not even coherent at this point. You listed a sample list of players who are all significantly worse than Kuzma and all make more money than, look at Jabari's contract ROFL What did I not comprehend?

I wouldn't reply back to me either, you keep making yourself look stupid af
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject:

No to rondo he is awful and can’t shoot.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
A lineup that consists of Anthony Davis and Kawhi would definitely be able to hide Kuzma on defense . Something we simply haven't been able to do in the past.

Great defenders like them would also be great for him to learn from

I really hope Pelinka has a promise from Kawhi or at the very least, Jimmy Butler. It's the only way this roster will compete defensively
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
And lol @ people posting Vegas odds like that reflects anything more than an algorithm determined to bilk the maximum # of overeager, shortsighted Lakers fans out of their money, which judging by this board, there should be no shortage of.

Yeah , you right, Vegas is never right

Stop posting my dude
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Sign Scary terry and D rose
#StayInYoLane
Star Player
Star Player

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Got my answer: room exception is 5.6m

Think coon said 4.8
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

pjiddy wrote:

Well, that algorithm has been right more than it has been wrong throughout history. Lol at acting like there is no thought behind it
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
LKA wrote:

Great defenders like them would also be great for him to learn from

I really hope Pelinka has a promise from Kawhi or at the very least, Jimmy Butler. It's the only way this roster will compete defensively

Imo that's not the only way we could be a great defensive team but it would definitely help having the premier defensive big and wing on the same team lol
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Booby Marks (ESPN) on the radio just again discussed that he's hearing the deal goes down on July 6 and that the timing wasn't negotiated as part of the deal. He then said, we will see if its delayed or not. This is going to drive me nuts for the next three weeks.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Booby Marks (ESPN) on the radio just again discussed that he's hearing the deal goes down on July 6 and that the timing wasn't negotiated as part of the deal. He then said, we will see if its delayed or not. This is going to drive me nuts for the next three weeks.

I'm at peace. I think we will be fine tbh.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

Man, call me crazy but i just dont believe that. I guess time will tell but geez, I just wont believe it until i see it.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

Jason Jackson not sure if you know who he is said on the radio that the date will be pushed back to 30th.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

Rob is a fool if he doesn't immediately sign the 4th pick when possible to force NOP to wait for our timeline of July 30th
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Bobby Marks doesn't know any details. He's a talking head on espn. He hasn't seen what was negotiated or not. He is speculating.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject:

The room exception is about $4.8 million. All of this math is on the first page guys and gals.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

If Pelinka had gotten a discount on the trade, then I could understand not leaning on New Orleans to put the trade on hold while he conducts other business such as a 30% max FA.

Since Pelinka appears to have paid full price (perhaps a bit more than full price), he should have leaned on Griffin to help him out on the timing issue.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1899, 1900, 1901 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1900 of 8560
Jump to: