OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1900, 1901, 1902 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Booby Marks (ESPN) on the radio just again discussed that he's hearing the deal goes down on July 6 and that the timing wasn't negotiated as part of the deal. He then said, we will see if its delayed or not. This is going to drive me nuts for the next three weeks.

If Pelinka had gotten a discount on the trade, then I could understand not leaning on New Orleans to put the trade on hold while he conducts other business such as a 30% max FA.

Since Pelinka appears to have paid full price (perhaps a bit more than full price), he should have leaned on Griffin to help him out on the timing issue.

The same people reporting that the deal happens on the 6th are also reporting we're going after max agents.

They don't know what they're talking about.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
Booby Marks (ESPN) on the radio just again discussed that he's hearing the deal goes down on July 6 and that the timing wasn't negotiated as part of the deal. He then said, we will see if its delayed or not. This is going to drive me nuts for the next three weeks.

If Pelinka had gotten a discount on the trade, then I could understand not leaning on New Orleans to put the trade on hold while he conducts other business such as a 30% max FA.

Since Pelinka appears to have paid full price (perhaps a bit more than full price), he should have leaned on Griffin to help him out on the timing issue.

I am seeing that AD's trade kicker would be $4-5 million which NOP would be on the hook for. AD needs to leverage NOP to delay the trade til July 30th to waive that bonus. Also, Rob should just sign the 4th pick anyway delaying the trade.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
The room exception is about $4.8 million. All of this math is on the first page guys and gals.

It's 5.6 for this year is what I saw on hoopshype.com
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

Quote:
From reliable people
1 "Planned" 7/6 date for AD-to-LA is way overstated & teams are amenable to 30-day delay, opening the door to LA max money,
2 AD would waive his kicker for the right player,
3 LA targeting/confident on Kawhi/Butler as targets, not Kemba/Kyrie @fishsports

spriigan8
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject: re:

Lot of conjecture in this forum, from media pundits, and social media "insiders."

For an agent heralded as a CAP expert I will be surprised if Pelinka fudged the timing, but I'll judge him when the team's assembled for training camp.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
LKA wrote:
mookielala wrote:
Realistically, we aren't going to hear anything reliable until at least July 1, right?

I guarantee Pelinka is smarter than people like to believe lol

Name 1 move so far that shows this.

So far he has proven over and over again that he has no clue how to build a team.

People have short memory.

12-13 season last time we made it to the playoff Kobe injured. We are basically a bare bone club, no youth mostly veterans.

New FO (Rob/Magic) Took over Mar 2017

Roster before the new FO
-Dlo, Lou, BI, Randle, Moz
-Young, Jordan, Nance, Deng, Zu, Calderon, Huertas

-Over the cap with the MozDeng signing in the summer to a 4 year deal
-This is where the current front office started, great job our previous FO putting us in a hole. Did I forget to mention we still owe our #1 draft to somebody from the Nash trade. Thanks old FO.

2017 Draft
- #2 Lonzo Ball
- #27 Kyle Kuzma
- #30 Josh Hart
- #42 Thomas Bryant

2018 Draft
- #25 Moritz Wagner
- #39 Issac Bonga
- #47 Svi Mykhailiuk

Current Roster
-Lo, BI, Kuz, LBJ, Mcgee
-Rondo, KCP, Hart, Lance, Bullock, Wagner, Muscala, Tyson, Caruso, Bonga

-We have cap space for a max player and young assets to groom or trade

We have very short memory as to how fast they rebuilt this club in 2 years and made it look like a destination for LBJ.

Now we have AD.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Man, call me crazy but i just dont believe that. I guess time will tell but geez, I just wont believe it until i see it.

I don't either. The Palinka hire was criticized for dozens or reasons but the one constant was that he knew what he was doing with the cap and would be able to deal accordingly.

If he did screw this up however than I don't know what to say. Line up the GM candidates for interviews asap.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: re:

spriigan8 wrote:
Lot of conjecture in this forum, from media pundits, and social media "insiders."

For an agent heralded as a CAP expert I will be surprised if Pelinka fudged the timing, but I'll judge him when the team's assembled for training camp.

A very realistic perspective.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
27 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Man, call me crazy but i just dont believe that. I guess time will tell but geez, I just wont believe it until i see it.

I don't either. The Palinka hire was criticized for dozens or reasons but the one constant was that he knew what he was doing with the cap and would be able to deal accordingly.

If he did screw this up however than I don't know what to say. Line up the GM candidates for interviews asap.

He proved last off-season he didn’t know how to handle the cap.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
27 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

No he didn't.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
27 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

How?
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
27 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

How?

This is the part where he blames all of Magic's decisions on Rob to fit his narrative
#StayInYoLane
Star Player
Star Player

LakerMindLA wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
27 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Let the man have an actual offseason as the main guy running things.. sheesh.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Beir32 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
27 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

How?

Being a decision maker of letting both Lopez/Randle go who signed 1 year deals for a combined 12M. Proceeded to waste 13M on Lance/Rondo.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
27 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

How?

Being a decision maker of letting both Lopez/Randle go who signed 1 year deals for a combined 12M. Proceeded to waste 13M on Lance/Rondo.

I'm sure Magic and his big ass ego allowed Pelinka to make all the decisions
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
27 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

How?

So that was all Rob then huh?
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I am seeing that AD's trade kicker would be $4-5 million which NOP would be on the hook for. AD needs to leverage NOP to delay the trade til July 30th to waive that bonus. Also, Rob should just sign the 4th pick anyway delaying the trade.

New Orleans would have to pay Davis the trade kicker, but the hit/charge would be on the LA team salary. A somewhat sloppy way of conducting business.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

New Orleans would have to pay Davis the trade kicker, but the hit/charge would be on the LA team salary. A somewhat sloppy way of conducting business.

Right, cap hit is on us but payment is on them. So maybe NOP's owner is cheap enough to want to save that money and also gain an extra $5 million in cap by waiting as well.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Wonder if AD could be persuaded to waive the kicker if NO would be willing to wait until July 30th.

And why does NO want to trade the pick so bad? They'd rather have a veteran who won't be around in a few years than potentially get another all-star in a draft that's suddenly 4-deep?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Barring injury to Lonzo/BI, it would be almost impossible for NOP to back out of this deal. Worse, with AD all but being a Laker for the next couple of weeks, the chances of any other team jumping back in the mix are minimal.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Quote:
From reliable people
1 "Planned" 7/6 date for AD-to-LA is way overstated & teams are amenable to 30-day delay, opening the door to LA max money,
2 AD would waive his kicker for the right player,
3 LA targeting/confident on Kawhi/Butler as targets, not Kemba/Kyrie @fishsports

Thanks. Where does the "reliable people" quote come from?
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Wonder if AD could be persuaded to waive the kicker if NO would be willing to wait until July 30th.

And why does NO want to trade the pick so bad? They'd rather have a veteran who won't be around in a few years than potentially get another all-star in a draft that's suddenly 4-deep?

They probably want to be competing with the young guys, Holiday, and Zion right away for the 8th seed which is why they want another vet to help them.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Arbitrary wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

They probably want to be competing with the young guys, Holiday, and Zion right away for the 8th seed which is why they want another vet to help them.

The Zion clock is already ticking. They need to contend ASAP. Can't afford to surround him with question marks and watch him walk as a free agent years down the road.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:40 pm    Post subject:

It might be suspicious if Anthony Davis is paid $4M for appearing in Space Jam 2 and AD waives his trade kicker....
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Barring injury to Lonzo/BI, it would be almost impossible for NOP to back out of this deal. Worse, with AD all but being a Laker for the next couple of weeks, the chances of any other team jumping back in the mix are minimal.

The Pelicans can’t back out of the deal.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1900, 1901, 1902 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1901 of 8560
Jump to: