OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1913, 1914, 1915 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:49 am    Post subject:

I don't understand why Vince Carter's name is brought up as often as it is..
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:52 am    Post subject:

Bobby Marks said it again this morning. The deal is not done. NO is shopping the 4th pick...if so it opens the door for max spot. Guys need to be patient. Deal is not completed yet.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:54 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
I don't understand why Vince Carter's name is brought up as often as it is..

I’m with you. He brings nothing. Want to sign him as an assistant great...player hell no
kobedagoat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:08 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Bobby Marks said it again this morning. The deal is not done. NO is shopping the 4th pick...if so it opens the door for max spot. Guys need to be patient. Deal is not completed yet.

So exactly what we’ve been thinking since yesterday. There’s trade option a, B, and C, and Griffin and Pelinka have agreed in each case to trade AD. But there’s probably some flex and fluidity to exactly the details of the trade.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:11 am    Post subject:

kobedagoat wrote:
King Randle wrote:

So exactly what we’ve been thinking since yesterday. There’s trade option a, B, and C, and Griffin and Pelinka have agreed in each case to trade AD. But there’s probably some flex and fluidity to exactly the details of the trade.

I doubt it.. I think the trade is as reported with no contingencies.
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:13 am    Post subject:

Cris Carter says both LA teams and both NY teams will get a meeting, and then a decision will be made.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:13 am    Post subject:

Cris Carter said it's between Nets, Knicks, Lakers and Clippers. He's going to sit down with all 4 teams.

Edit: And Raptors.

Last edited by RetroNikes on Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
kobedagoat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:14 am    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:
Cris Carter says both LA teams and both NY teams will get a meeting, and then a decision will be made.

Didn’t Jones have something he said he was gonna drop this morning? Some big news?
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:16 am    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:

which FA is this referring to?
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:16 am    Post subject:

kobedagoat wrote:
D-Shiznit wrote:

Didn’t Jones have something he said he was gonna drop this morning? Some big news?

He's going to be on ESPN's GetUP
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:18 am    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
D-Shiznit wrote:

which FA is this referring to?

Kawhi
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:32 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
I am probably the only Laker fan here who doesn't want third star. I would love if Lakers go to other direction and sign good complementary players to AD and LBJ. GSW are the best example that you need to have deep team in May and June. Toronto is deep team, not the team full of stars.
So What I would do with 27 mil cap space:
1. - Rose ( 2yr/12mil deal) or Beverley ( 2yr/10 mil deal) both 2nd team options + Caruso as backup PG or Rondo if he wants to sign for VET min
2.JJ Redick ( 1yr 15 mil deal - he would be ideal for this Laker team.) / Seth Curry ( 2yr / 10 mil deal with 2nd year team option) or Wayne Ellington to go with cheaper player
3. Lebron James / Ariza ( for MLE I think it is around 5 mil but I am not Cap expert) or Mirotic
4. - Kuzma/ Taj Gibson for vet min
5. - AD / McGee ( for lets say 3,5 mil 1 yr deal)

So we have:
Rose - 6mil
Redick - 15 mil
McGee - 3,5 mil
Curry - 5mil
Total - 29,5 mil

This should be possible to do it. IMO this team is number 1 contender for the title.

PG - Rose/Rondo vet min/Caruso
SG - JJ /Curry
SF- LBJ/ Ariza ( Mirotic) / Carter vet min
PF - Kuzma/Gibson
C - AD/McGee

I like Reddick but I won’t pair him with Rose. This would probably be the worst defensive back court among all the teams. Also I will try to pay him less money with more years.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:38 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
I am probably the only Laker fan here who doesn't want third star. I would love if Lakers go to other direction and sign good complementary players to AD and LBJ. GSW are the best example that you need to have deep team in May and June. Toronto is deep team, not the team full of stars.
So What I would do with 27 mil cap space:
1. - Rose ( 2yr/12mil deal) or Beverley ( 2yr/10 mil deal) both 2nd team options + Caruso as backup PG or Rondo if he wants to sign for VET min
2.JJ Redick ( 1yr 15 mil deal - he would be ideal for this Laker team.) / Seth Curry ( 2yr / 10 mil deal with 2nd year team option) or Wayne Ellington to go with cheaper player
3. Lebron James / Ariza ( for MLE I think it is around 5 mil but I am not Cap expert) or Mirotic
4. - Kuzma/ Taj Gibson for vet min
5. - AD / McGee ( for lets say 3,5 mil 1 yr deal)

So we have:
Rose - 6mil
Redick - 15 mil
McGee - 3,5 mil
Curry - 5mil
Total - 29,5 mil

This should be possible to do it. IMO this team is number 1 contender for the title.

PG - Rose/Rondo vet min/Caruso
SG - JJ /Curry
SF- LBJ/ Ariza ( Mirotic) / Carter vet min
PF - Kuzma/Gibson
C - AD/McGee

I like Reddick but I won’t pair him with Rose. This would probably be the worst defensive back court among all the teams. Also I will try to pay him less money with more years.

For the first part I agree. It would be better to pair him with Beverley. On the other hand I wouldn't offer anything longer that 1 yr deal. He is really old.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:41 am    Post subject:

Definitely go for the 3rd star. Beginning of the season doesent matter one bit, we will pick up suplementary pieces from the buy out market.

James
Davis
3rd star
Kuzma
Room Exc

Some vet min acquisitions. That will do for the start

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:45 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
A team just won the championship with no player drafted higher than 15.

We gave away two #2 overall picks but there are major health concerns around both of them, major holes in Lonzo's game, and a few years til Brandon is fully arrived. Lonzo's value now is less than the number 6/7 in this weak draft and BI's blood clot situation is real-- even if not something overly worrisome.

As long as we draft well when we have our picks, and we make prudent signings, I don't see how we fail.

It's funny:

All of a sudden, many in the media love BI and Lonzo more than they ever did when they were Lakers.

And somehow, for some reason, a Prime AD is considered equivalent to a post-knee injury Garnett and aging Pierce.

It's ridiculous.

Injuries are always a concern, no doubt. But every single team in the league has injury concerns. (The Warriors just lost two stars to leg injuries in consecutive games).

You can't operate as if AD is going to be injured. You have to assume health.

If Lebron and AD get hurt, then yes, the Lakers have a bit of a mess on their hands early next decade when the Pelicans are gobbling up lottery picks.

But, who cares, really? We've had multiple lottery picks in a row, signed Lebron, and still haven't made the play-offs since squeaking in as a hobbled 7th seed in 2013.

In short, the Lakers have been a mess for several years now.

It was time to make a splash.

And to say that the Pelicans had no leverage is misguided. The leverage was that the Lakers A) have an aging Lebron James, B) have been falling over themselves for the last half-decade +, and C) didn't want Davis to go to another team and risk not getting him in free agency next season.

This was a great move for LA, and a solid move for the Pelicans.

Right now, the Lakers may have the man who will be the most dominant player in the NBA over the next five years.

Whether they could have done this without giving up one of Ball/Ingram, or one of the future first round picks, really isn't that significant in the grand scheme of things.

They have him, and no one else does.
kobedagoat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:53 am    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:

It's funny:

All of a sudden, many in the media love BI and Lonzo more than they ever did when they were Lakers.

And somehow, for some reason, a Prime AD is considered equivalent to a post-knee injury Garnett and aging Pierce.

It's ridiculous.

Injuries are always a concern, no doubt. But every single team in the league has injury concerns. (The Warriors just lost two stars to leg injuries in consecutive games).

If Lebron and AD get hurt, then yes, the Lakers have a bit of a mess on their hands early next decade when the Pelicans are gobbling up lottery picks.

But, who cares, really? We've had multiple lottery picks in a row, signed Lebron, and still haven't made the play-offs since squeaking in as a hobbled 7th seed in 2013.

And to say that the Pelicans had no leverage is misguided. The leverage was that the Lakers A) have an aging Lebron James, B) have been falling over themselves for the last half-decade +, and C) didn't want Davis to go to another team and risk not getting him in free agency next season.

Right now, the Lakers may have the man who will be the most dominant player in the NBA over the next five years.

Whether they could have done this without giving up one of Ball/Ingram, or one of the future first round picks, really isn't that significant in the grand scheme of things.

Paragraphs.

Are a.

Thing.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:55 am    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:
2019 wrote:
A team just won the championship with no player drafted higher than 15.

We gave away two #2 overall picks but there are major health concerns around both of them, major holes in Lonzo's game, and a few years til Brandon is fully arrived. Lonzo's value now is less than the number 6/7 in this weak draft and BI's blood clot situation is real-- even if not something overly worrisome.

As long as we draft well when we have our picks, and we make prudent signings, I don't see how we fail.

It's funny:

All of a sudden, the many in the media love BI and Lonzo more than they ever did.

It's ridiculous.

You cant understand? pppft loil....Lonzo and BI when healthy are pretty good. Now the get a more minutes and able to grow without worrying about messing up or giving up the majority of the ball to the king.

The deal didnt have to be made..with patience you would have gotten him anyway..lol.

Right now if AD goes down...you done....if LB goes down AD cant carry a team to finals soooo yeah..you done.

Also people say this look like NETS 2.0...BECAUSE ITS THE SAME LOP SIDED TRADE THEY MADE...Welcome NETS 2.0

Better yet...go visit a nets forum and simply ask why people say we now the nets 2.0...im sure they will happy to explain it better than me.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:18 am    Post subject:

I think the quality of the role players will get will be much lower than what we're speculating.

When there's too much money around the league, like this summer, the tendency is role players getting overpaid. This is because a max is a max, you can't overpay a max guy. So the extra cash goes into mid-tier guys.

So I think we're getting a squad much more similar to last year than we'd like.

But that is still better than rolling with the young core again IMO. We can always make a minor mid-season trade and then there's buyout season. I expect us to have a team with a chance to contend by playoffs time. The only position that truly worries me is Point Guard. The rest I don't see why we can't figure out easily, even with lower level talent.
kobedagoat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:19 am    Post subject:

Damon Jones says Kawhi wants us on ESPN Get Up. This was his ground shattering news, if we clear the cap space there is mutual interest.

My body is ready

Last edited by kobedagoat on Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:21 am    Post subject:

Damon Jones just said he thinks Kawhi will join the Lakers if he leaves Toronto. He used phrasing like "strong chance." This was after Woj was on and continuing his "they don't have the cap space" stuff.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:22 am    Post subject:

kobedagoat wrote:
Damon Jones says Kawhi wants us on ESPN Get Up. This was his ground shattering news.

My body is ready

If this happens oh my god

Even if we fill out the roster with average vet min players we're making the Finals next year without a shade of doubt
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:22 am    Post subject:

Damon Jones said he has heard from someone close to Leonard that if the Lakers were to clear up enough cap space, there's a "strong possibility" that he will join the Lakers.

Before Damon Jones went on, Woj said that trade is expected to be completed on July 6th and Anthony Davis is not expected to waive his 4 million trade bonus.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:24 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Sean Alcide
@Sean_Lyric

@D19J on @GetUpESPN says he’s informed that #KawhiLeonard is “strongly considering” joining the #Lakers in free agency. #NBA
Arrogant Frog
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:25 am    Post subject:

Damon Jones, said that he has spoken to someone very close to the situation and Kawhi still has a good chance at staying at Toronto on a short term deal, but is strongly considering the Lakers.

And when asked were he thinks Kawhi will play next year, he said the Lakers.

Also Woj was on the same show, moments before Damon and said that the deal is expected to go down on July 6th, meaning we have either 23.7 or 27.7mil in cap space and said AD has no plans to waive his trade kicker.

So Woj strongly doubted we would be able to acquire Kemba, Butler or Kawhi as we don't have the max to offer.

I wonder if he really has much insight with Clutch etc, in terms on the trade bonus. Don't think Laker fans will be happy if he doesn't waive the kicker, we need every $ possible in free agency to build a decent roster.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:25 am    Post subject:

Love ho "those guys" getting destroyed. All the PR they had now its backfired. Hope same happens to Clippers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1913, 1914, 1915 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1914 of 8560
Jump to: