OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 3703, 3704, 3705  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 12380
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
StillSWOL wrote:
Kuzma is getting a higher Rookie scale extention than DLo, by ALOT Book It


Knowing DLOs stupid agent I see him taking a contract similar to randle. 18m for 2 years



Who?
_________________
The move
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 8931

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:
Funny how Kat and Booker are great players, but DLO wasn't..

When all three are bad defensively.


1 got max
2nd is in talks to get max
3rd's team did not wanted to talk extension and save cap space

Tells u their values


If Russell ends up on the outs in BRK, a smart team would snag him. He's got a lot of natural scoring ability and is a PnR passing savant. Defensively he's sufficient. He handled his business very poorly, and his agent is part to blame. When you rep a teenager you need to help guide them more. Talent usually trumps all but a component of that is health. The knee is important there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
StillSWOL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Jul 2018
Posts: 181

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
StillSWOL wrote:
Kuzma is getting a higher Rookie scale extention than DLo, by ALOT Book It


Knowing DLOs stupid agent I see him taking a contract similar to randle. 18m for 2 years



Who?


Aaron Mintz aka Randles agent aka PG13s agent
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 8931

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

With Butler down on Wiggins (Canadian) and pre-agency leverage on team president (Thibs) and Kawhi potentially a flight risk in Toronto, I wonder if there's a deal to be made there. Nothing to be done now but two months in if both parties see things heading in a bad direction, maybe.

Toronto would need more in return and it's not clear if the TWolves would want to max Butler, Kawhi and Towns all at the same time. Could be an opportunity for a third team to get involved, especially one that Kawhi would like to play for
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Jun 2018
Posts: 599

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject:

StillSWOL wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:
Funny how Kat and Booker are great players, but DLO wasn't..

When all three are bad defensively.


KAT is a great player, Booker is a good one while DLO isnt good or great, its that simple


Actually defense from the center position is 100000x more important than the 1 position and KAt is by far the worst defensive center in the league, yet, since he gets his buckets, its adequate, similar to Devin Booker.

The blind rationale with you guys are crazy... It's so easy to see how good DLO is on offense.


Blind rationale you say? How about from the team that traded FOR him?

Booker got a Max deal
KAT is getting a Max deal
DLo didn't even get an extention offer from his current team

Not even bitter I'd much rather have LeBron and Kyle Kuzma than DLo


Lakers also gave dumb contracts to Mozgov and Deng.

What is your point...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 01 Jul 2018
Posts: 743

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject:

kawhileonard wrote:
StillSWOL wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:
Funny how Kat and Booker are great players, but DLO wasn't..

When all three are bad defensively.


KAT is a great player, Booker is a good one while DLO isnt good or great, its that simple


Actually defense from the center position is 100000x more important than the 1 position and KAt is by far the worst defensive center in the league, yet, since he gets his buckets, its adequate, similar to Devin Booker.

The blind rationale with you guys are crazy... It's so easy to see how good DLO is on offense.


Blind rationale you say? How about from the team that traded FOR him?

Booker got a Max deal
KAT is getting a Max deal
DLo didn't even get an extention offer from his current team

Not even bitter I'd much rather have LeBron and Kyle Kuzma than DLo


Lakers also gave dumb contracts to Mozgov and Deng.

What is your point...


What has Deng and Mozgov got anything to do with what his point was?

KAT, D'Lo and Booker were all in the same draft class, D'Lo is the odd one out whose seemingly gone of the radar. He won't be getting a max anytime soon and that's his point. .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Jun 2018
Posts: 599

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:
StillSWOL wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:
Funny how Kat and Booker are great players, but DLO wasn't..

When all three are bad defensively.


KAT is a great player, Booker is a good one while DLO isnt good or great, its that simple


Actually defense from the center position is 100000x more important than the 1 position and KAt is by far the worst defensive center in the league, yet, since he gets his buckets, its adequate, similar to Devin Booker.

The blind rationale with you guys are crazy... It's so easy to see how good DLO is on offense.


Blind rationale you say? How about from the team that traded FOR him?

Booker got a Max deal
KAT is getting a Max deal
DLo didn't even get an extention offer from his current team

Not even bitter I'd much rather have LeBron and Kyle Kuzma than DLo


Lakers also gave dumb contracts to Mozgov and Deng.

What is your point...


What has Deng and Mozgov got anything to do with what his point was?

KAT, D'Lo and Booker were all in the same draft class, D'Lo is the odd one out whose seemingly gone of the radar. He won't be getting a max anytime soon and that's his point. .


Point is because Kat could get a max and Booker got a max, doesn't really mean much to the argument.

The Suns are the same team that gave Brevin Knight that huge deal and the wolves are the same team that gave Wiggins that max contract.

Nets didn't sign anyone long term and DLO will definitely get paid next summer, unless he gets injured...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2001
Posts: 11034

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject:

kawhileonard wrote:
Funny how Kat and Booker are great players, but DLO wasn't..

When all three are bad defensively.


DLO is bad on both sides of the ball, the other two aren't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
az82187
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 06 Jul 2018
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Another option to consider with Deng is to trade him for an equally long contract but with less money remaining on it. If done effectively, we can get far enough under the cap next summer to fit a 30% max free agent (e.g. Kawhi, Klay). We would still need to attach some assets to it in order to incentivize the other team, but they needn't be any of our younger players or 1st round picks.

Consider the following scenario:

LAL gets: Miles Plumlee, Jason Smith
ATL gets: Ian Mahimi, 2019 and 2020 LAL second round picks, 2019 WAS second round pick, $3mm cash from LAL
WAS gets: Luol Deng

Lakers trade $18mm (Deng) of cap commitments this year for $17.5mm (Plumlee + Smith) of cap commitments this year, and 18.8mm (Deng) of cap commitments next year for $12.5mm (Plumlee) of cap commitments next year. That's a total savings of $6.8mm for the Lakers over two years. If the 2019 and 2020 second round picks are valued at around $1.5mm-$2mm each, then those two in addition to the $3mm cash is equivalent to the total savings of $6.8mm. So even though the out of pocket expense over two years is the same, the distribution is much more advantageous because transferring cap commitments from next year to this year puts us far enough under the cap next summer to sign a 30% max FA. Moreover, we get two more active bodies that can fill in at C for a few minutes a game.

For the Wizards, the $36.8mm due to Deng over the next two years is almost exactly equal to the amount owed to Mahimi and Smith over the next two years. Their reason for doing this purely financial because it saves them $3.4mm in cap this coming year. Since they are already over the tax, then doing this trade actually saves them quite a bit (not sure exactly but I think roughly $5mm). In order to make this happen they have to give up their second round pick for next year.

For the Hawks, Mahimi is owed only $6.4mm more than Plumlee over the next two years. As stated above, this is roughly equivalent to the $3mm in cash plus the 2 second round picks. The additional pick from the Wizards is their incentive for doing this.


Last edited by az82187 on Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 12422

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Should we go after Randle?
_________________
Coach Vogel, Kidd, Hollins
Max slot : Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 3867

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Should we go after Randle?


_________________
-------LUCKY-------
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 9219
Location: The Other Perspective

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Just a reminder of how terrible the situation was a few offseasons ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lO6gDJBdSo
_________________
"Chick lived and breathed Lakers basketball…but he was also fair and objective and called every game the way it was played."
-from Chick: His Unpublished Memoirs and the Memories of Those Who Knew Him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Palin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Feb 2008
Posts: 1253

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:59 pm    Post subject:

StillSWOL wrote:
Palin wrote:
Dump Deng with a future first. Sign Kawhi and Dedmon, sign Rondo for Cap exception

Lonzo/Rondo
Ingram/Svi
Kawhi/Hart
LeBron/Kuzma
Dedmon/Wagner


Is Dedmond worth 10 million and a first round pick?


Good defensive center who can shoot 3 (%35 last season). Not sure we can find a better center than him at that price.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 36830
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
StillSWOL wrote:
Palin wrote:
Dump Deng with a future first. Sign Kawhi and Dedmon, sign Rondo for Cap exception

Lonzo/Rondo
Ingram/Svi
Kawhi/Hart
LeBron/Kuzma
Dedmon/Wagner


Is Dedmond worth 10 million and a first round pick?


Good defensive center who can shoot 3 (%35 last season). Not sure we can find a better center than him at that price.


doubt Dedmon commands anything near $10 Million unless maybe it is a one year deal....he will be going into his year 30 season, and he opted in this season because he did not feel he could even get the $6 Million his option provided.
_________________
Rondo / Bradley / Caruso / Cook
Green / KCP / Daniels / Horton-Tucker
James /
Davis / Kuzma / Dudley
Cousins / McGee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 31311

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:
Funny how Kat and Booker are great players, but DLO wasn't..

When all three are bad defensively.


DLO is bad on both sides of the ball, the other two aren't.


I agree with OP. All 3 are bad on defense and pretty good on offense.
Strange about KAT. It's like he focused on his offense and stopped being as focused on defense.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Posts: 1561
Location: London

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
RG73 wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:
Funny how Kat and Booker are great players, but DLO wasn't..

When all three are bad defensively.


DLO is bad on both sides of the ball, the other two aren't.


I agree with OP. All 3 are bad on defense and pretty good on offense.
Strange about KAT. It's like he focused on his offense and stopped being as focused on defense.


I think it is really a case of expectations. Dlo was drafted to be a starting point guard, and he has average court vision at best. I still see Dlo as a starting 2 guard, which is far from what we wanted when we drafted him.

Thus, even though he compares favourably to the other 2, he gets the shaft because he hasn't performed well in the department where he was expected to excel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 133863
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Palin wrote:
StillSWOL wrote:
Palin wrote:
Dump Deng with a future first. Sign Kawhi and Dedmon, sign Rondo for Cap exception

Lonzo/Rondo
Ingram/Svi
Kawhi/Hart
LeBron/Kuzma
Dedmon/Wagner


Is Dedmond worth 10 million and a first round pick?


Good defensive center who can shoot 3 (%35 last season). Not sure we can find a better center than him at that price.


doubt Dedmon commands anything near $10 Million unless maybe it is a one year deal....he will be going into his year 30 season, and he opted in this season because he did not feel he could even get the $6 Million his option provided.


Dedmon goes the way of Marcus Banks. All it takes is a poster mentioning his name over and over and he becomes a legend here.
_________________
How about those Blues!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 31311

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
epak wrote:
RG73 wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:
Funny how Kat and Booker are great players, but DLO wasn't..

When all three are bad defensively.


DLO is bad on both sides of the ball, the other two aren't.


I agree with OP. All 3 are bad on defense and pretty good on offense.
Strange about KAT. It's like he focused on his offense and stopped being as focused on defense.


I think it is really a case of expectations. Dlo was drafted to be a starting point guard, and he has average court vision at best. I still see Dlo as a starting 2 guard, which is far from what we wanted when we drafted him.

Thus, even though he compares favourably to the other 2, he gets the shaft because he hasn't performed well in the department where he was expected to excel.


We all got dooped by his spinerooni pass as great vision.
https://youtu.be/_JofVWECgfU
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 31311

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject:

Was Dedmon that much better than Brook?
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jun 2005
Posts: 1810

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

RobinInHood wrote:
SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:
SHAMELESSLY posting just to get in on the ground floor...



That’s absurd, I’d never do such thing


Me neither


Who would do that


I know i wouldn’t.



Ya know!!!
_________________
"You cannot live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you"

Coach Wooden
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Jun 2018
Posts: 599

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
epak wrote:
RG73 wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:
Funny how Kat and Booker are great players, but DLO wasn't..

When all three are bad defensively.


DLO is bad on both sides of the ball, the other two aren't.


I agree with OP. All 3 are bad on defense and pretty good on offense.
Strange about KAT. It's like he focused on his offense and stopped being as focused on defense.


I think it is really a case of expectations. Dlo was drafted to be a starting point guard, and he has average court vision at best. I still see Dlo as a starting 2 guard, which is far from what we wanted when we drafted him.

Thus, even though he compares favourably to the other 2, he gets the shaft because he hasn't performed well in the department where he was expected to excel.


We all got dooped by his spinerooni pass as great vision.
https://youtu.be/_JofVWECgfU


DLO vision is great.

Problem is Luke wanted him to be something else as well as DLO needing to mature as a player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 4232

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Russell's court vision is elite. It's the timing and the accuracy of the passes that he struggles with at the pro level. And his mind is constantly on autopilot during games. Effort is mental.
_________________
“Christ did not die to forgive sinners who go on treasuring anything above seeing and savoring God. And people who would be happy in heaven if Christ were not there, will not be there."
- John Piper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Posts: 1561
Location: London

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Russell's court vision is elite. It's the timing and the accuracy of the passes that he struggles with at the pro level. And his mind is constantly on autopilot during games. Effort is mental.


hmm... ok then maybe I stay corrected. I probably conflated timing and accuracy of passes with court vision as you stated.

All I know is when I watch Russell, his passes always seem in slow motion compared to Lonzo.

One of the things I really love about Lonzo is his ability to know where to push the ball while in the middle of getting a defensive rebound. Its almost like he has eyes at the back of his head. His passes always seem laser quick and at exactly the right spot leading to a quick score.

Never really saw anything similar with Dlo. From what I remember about Dlo, he seems to dribble in the half court, stop and then try to thread a pass through defenders for a score. His elite passes always seem to be made for a stationary position as opposed to Lonzo where the passes are being made while he is in the midst of movement, if that makes any sense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Posts: 7547

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Russell's court vision is elite. It's the timing and the accuracy of the passes that he struggles with at the pro level. And his mind is constantly on autopilot during games. Effort is mental.


Nail on the head. He's got the full package, skill-wise, on offense. He should be able to toy with defenses given his triple threat ability and creativity/vision, but his brain has never been consistently in tune with what's actually happening on the court.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 104304

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject:

How did DLO get brought up in this thread?
_________________
Oh my.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 3703, 3704, 3705  Next
Page 3 of 3705
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB