OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2089, 2090, 2091 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
Woj and Ramona dont belong on TV. Print, yes, radio, eh... but TV? Ooof

They belong to the days where a singing telegram troll was all the rage.

Ramona not being the traditional female sports sports person is a testament to how good she is, both at her job and probably playing politics behind the scenes. Sports TV is a TOUGH business for women to break into if they aren’t eye candy. How many non-traditionally attractive female sports TV people can you think of? Honestly, you should respect her more considering how well she’s done without the advantages her female peers have, not less.

Found Ramona’s LG account

Finding it reprehensible to attack people based on their appearance is evidence of being Ramona? Ok. Ramona has clawed her way into being a successful sports journalist. You don’t have to like what she has to say, and she sure as hell gets things wrong, but to not respect her for succeeding is ridiculous. Most other females in sports are thin and conventionally attractive. It should tell you something that Ramona has done as well as she has without those advantages.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject:

I love Kobe 24 wrote:
https://twitter.com/mgrads/status/1141491150685003776?s=21

Grads now saying dlo to La lol

That would be so awesome, I hope he’s right.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Sources indicate Brooklyn Nets star D'angelo Russell is scheduled to be in LA next week. You heard it here first

https://twitter.com/nbayoungdrew/status/1141466716800577536?s=21

LOL. To meet with the Clippers?
To meet with other FO people that usually stay in L.A.?
Please not the Lakers! That's worse than Kyrie.

Let that hate flow Epak. Love when people are upfront with their hate and bias, rather than trying to mask it and pretend to like people, like some would do for Dlo back in the day.

And don't worry, I think it's for vacation/events/things of that nature. You won't need to fake root for him.

And why would Kyrie be bad for this team? Lose out on depth?
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
cital wrote:
Anyone think we will be blackballed trying to trade Wagner/Bonga/Jones?

Yes.

It is highly unlikely NO is willing to get involved in the trade which is necessary and most teams aren't looking to help the Lakers.

This is why Pelinka really screwed up big time!

This is probably the most important detail people aren’t talking about. Even if AD waives the trade kicker and we found a third team to unload moe, Bonga,and jemerrio, New Orleans must comply as the third team in the trade and they can easily just say no just out of spite or to make sure lakers don’t get the third max. Their incentive to participate in a three team trade is very low.
4OnTheFloor
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
I've heard a lot of talk about Korver being bought out. JCrowder could be bought out too. Defensive minded wing with some range. The the highest % shooter but for a vet min he would be a solid buyout candidate for us since we are in need of a wing that has length and can defend.

This. Crowder would be a much better pick up.

Crowder and Lebron didnt get along in Cleveland
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

mhan00 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:

Ramona not being the traditional female sports sports person is a testament to how good she is, both at her job and probably playing politics behind the scenes. Sports TV is a TOUGH business for women to break into if they aren’t eye candy. How many non-traditionally attractive female sports TV people can you think of? Honestly, you should respect her more considering how well she’s done without the advantages her female peers have, not less.

Finding it reprehensible to attack people based on their appearance is evidence of being Ramona? Ok. Ramona has clawed her way into being a successful sports journalist. You don’t have to like what she has to say, and she sure as hell gets things wrong, but to not respect her for succeeding is ridiculous. Most other females in sports are thin and conventionally attractive. It should tell you something that Ramona has done as well as she has without those advantages.

I see a lot of thick and below avg women on sports like Jemelle and Rachel Nicols. Ramona is only great at spinning things for Jeanie that’s why she blew up getting those scoops via Jeanie
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

https://mobile.twitter.com/MGRADS/status/1141491878375768065
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Just say NO to DLO

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I love Kobe 24 wrote:

SMH I’m cutting you off
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:

Why waste your time? Some people will always be immature and never get it.

I have no problem criticizing Ramona for being blatant with her bias and agenda, just like many of these reporters. However, criticizing people for their looks, weight, etc, is something that should be known innately. If you don't know now, I doubt you'll ever figure it out.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

YSong wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I love Kobe 24 wrote:

SMH I’m cutting you off

???
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

mhan00 wrote:
cital wrote:

Nah. We have like 9 million in cash (over two financial years) to spend on second round picks or send out with those guys to offset their salary. Here will be some GM/owner who wants to get a few million a couple of second round picks for nothing, since they can just cut those guys once they get them. The big problem is even if Rob lines it up, the Pelicans don’t have to agree to help and if they don’t, the deal can’t go through.

If the deal doesn't go through, that's a bigger screw up for the Pelicans than it is for the Lakers. They're not getting anything close to this deal especially not this late in the game. They have every reason to cooperate.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Sources indicate Brooklyn Nets star D'angelo Russell is scheduled to be in LA next week. You heard it here first

Why would he want to come back here?

Because he has ice in his veins!
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject:

No to DLO....

I am sure that is just BS

The front office can do much, much better than just bringing him back...

Much better....

just another rumor

Last edited by anth2000 on Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Btw, I still want Kawhi or Kyrie but DLO would be dope if those guys spurn us.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
cital wrote:

Nah. We have like 9 million in cash (over two financial years) to spend on second round picks or send out with those guys to offset their salary. Here will be some GM/owner who wants to get a few million a couple of second round picks for nothing, since they can just cut those guys once they get them. The big problem is even if Rob lines it up, the Pelicans don’t have to agree to help and if they don’t, the deal can’t go through.

If the deal doesn't go through, that's a bigger screw up for the Pelicans than it is for the Lakers. They're not getting anything close to this deal especially not this late in the game. They have every reason to cooperate.

It could come down to a game of chicken, I guess. The blowback on the Lakers if this deal falls through would be insane. But you’re probably right that NO doesn’t get a haul like this from anyone else. We’ll see. I’m still hoping all these guys are getting it wrong and it’s already been worked out and we’ll get our cap space, max deal lined up or no.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:

I see a lot of thick and below avg women on sports like Jemelle and Rachel Nicols. Ramona is only great at spinning things for Jeanie that’s why she blew up getting those scoops via Jeanie

Funny how any criticism people think its because of her looks..... Shes not that good at breaking anything and shes a mouthpiece for jeanie. Shes also said some things about lavar with racial undertone. But its 2019 we cant criticize women thats all imma say about ramona back FA talk
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
LKA wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
OC Lakerfan wrote:
Kuz and Kawhi both spotted at the Silverlake Whole Foods with Clint Parks.

👀👀👀👀👀

I would suggest suspensions for trolling/fake news/etc.

Facts

Whole Foods was a common joke back in the day. It was total sarcasm like saying I have sauces. Relax.

Nope I'm mad af bro
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Let that hate flow Epak. Love when people are upfront with their hate and bias, rather than trying to mask it and pretend to like people, like some would do for Dlo back in the day.

And don't worry, I think it's for vacation/events/things of that nature. You won't need to fake root for him.

And why would Kyrie be bad for this team? Lose out on depth?

Re: DLO, bleh I dont even want to waste my time on him right now.
Re: Kyrie, I think he thinks he's better than he is. People overate his game because he takes tough shots. And he does make tough shots. But like I've said, he has the Mamba Mentality. He just doesn't have the Mamba Body. But that's not even the reason I'd be upset.

I'll take Kyrie as a fallback plan. The biggest reason I'd be upset is because that means Kawhi said no.

Not sure if you using "fake root" for DLO means you'd think I'd fake root for Kyrie. If Kyrie becomes a Laker, I'll be rooting for him. It's not hard to root for a guy that becomes a Lakers. I've hated Lebron pre-Lakers. It wasn't hard to root for him when he became a Laker.

[edit] vegas odds for Lakers PG:
https://i.redd.it/qjyg9lizje531.jpg

I'm rooting for the field.

Last edited by epak on Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
poppajons
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject:

so many sauces
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject:

If we somehow end up with Horford and Pat Beverly with our cap space I definitely can live with that. Probably gives us the best starting lineup with a fill in SG. And if healthy I would expect a championship this year. I wouldn't give Horford more than 3 years though so it probably doesn't happen. You would need to have Horford expiring when Lebron does.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
cital wrote:

It could come down to a game of chicken, I guess. The blowback on the Lakers if this deal falls through would be insane. But you’re probably right that NO doesn’t get a haul like this from anyone else. We’ll see. I’m still hoping all these guys are getting it wrong and it’s already been worked out and we’ll get our cap space, max deal lined up or no.

The specifics have already been ironed out, I'm sure of it. There has to be a reason the Lakers were working out an abundance of 2nd round guys rather than lottery talent weeks before the trade went down. And then you see the media just now reporting that the Lakers are looking to buy 2nd rounders. Hard for me to believe that's just a coincidence.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Ingram14
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:

Funny how any criticism people think its because of her looks..... Shes not that good at breaking anything and shes a mouthpiece for jeanie. Shes also said some things about lavar with racial undertone. But its 2019 we cant criticize women thats all imma say about ramona back FA talk

Let’s get off Ramona (cause her husband has! I’m kidding! I’m kidding!) She’s an awesome reporter, knows some insiders and we should not judge people by the color of their skin/gender/amount of skin but by the content of their character. Get back to basketball talk or back up your insults with a selfie of how much you look like Adonis and type posts using your six pack abs.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject:

I love it. Emplay going all in in trying to knock Plan B.

https://twitter.com/EricPincus/status/1141496193802833920

I know he's going off solely the information he has. But I hope he's wrong again.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Ingram14 wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:

Let’s get off Ramona (cause her husband has! I’m kidding! I’m kidding!) She’s an awesome reporter, knows some insiders and we should not judge people by the color of their skin/gender/amount of skin but by the content of their character. Get back to basketball talk or back up your insults with a selfie of how much you look like Adonis and type posts using your six pack abs.

Did you even read the persons post you replied to? He criticized her being a one dimensional mouth piece for Jeanie. She’s not a great reporter at all. One subtle fat joke by another poster triggered you guys way too much
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2089, 2090, 2091 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 2090 of 8560
Jump to: