OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2113, 2114, 2115 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:48 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Wonder where all the whiners will be when we win 55 games this coming season?

Again, we have the best superstar duo in the league. Superstars are what matter in the playoffs. Surround them with competent depth and we’re a huge title chance

Feel like a lot of the ‘we overpaid’ guys have too much of an emotional connection to the youth, or are LeBron haters who can’t stand the sight of him wanting what’s best for the organisation (i.e. trading for AD ASAP)

Its not just the youth...you gave up the yputh and future ie picks for someone yoy could have had at deadline or next season...you dumped the plan of 2 stars and a young growing core and made a HUGE MISTAKE because you got impatient and continued on with magic stupid plan.

How do you know Davis would've wanted to be a Laker by FA 2020? We've been burnt by PG13 and might be burnt by Kawhi, we can't risk that again considering we've wasted a year of LeBron's prime

It's a great deal if we're gonna compete for a chip, which we have to if you sign someone like LBJ

please i cant do no more PG..go back in the thread and look ,,,in short we went for lbj and pg got mad that we didnt covet him...and end of story.
AS for DAVIS his AGENT HAS BEEN GUIDING THIS ALL A LONG with MAGIC IN HIS POCKET...just stop...smh. The agent tells Boston not going to happen and no one in the league was touching DAVIS not even dumb dolan and that should tell you something...soo who you bidding against? thats right ...NO ONE. The only thing you going against is LBJ and his stupid window...IM NO LBJ FAN im a LAKERS FAN...but i reallly cant stand this new ownership and wish Jeanie would STEP DOWN NOWWWW!.They letting Clutch guide them and its stupid...you have no bench and IF you dont get that third MAX ....you DONE...

Not here looking for a team trying to win one chip but DOMINATE a DECADE...sorry old school laker not some new age .."Lets go steal a chip while the beast GSW asleep"..."Wow if we get like 2 ill be happy if we suck for the next 10-20 years"...smh...sad....THATS what other fans said thru the LAKERS DOMINANCE...and now thats our way of thinking? YUCK!
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:52 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
JJLakers wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Hope he stays over there. Don’t need an overrated player, that almost lost game 6 and is quickly deteriorating.

Green and Kawhi are good friends. If getting Green makes Kawhi more happy being a Laker and increases/helps our chances to acquire him, then we should get Green.

Green saying: "if LA starts getting pieces, they look like they are gonna win then my decision might go that way".

In the radio interview Green was basically begging the Lakers to acquire him also if they get Kawhi.

So Green for the RE if we get Kawhi with the max? Means we'd have to have a minimum starting PG

Or we start Bron at PG full-time:
PG: LeBron James
SG: Danny Green
SF: Kawhi Leonard
PF: Kyle Kuzma
C: Anthony Davis

I'll look at George Hill for a minimum. He already had his pay day. Maybe Green comes for RE just to win another ring and be with his buddies.

Hill
Green
Kawhi
Lebron
AD

6th man: Kuz
JJLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:11 am    Post subject:

FU #2 Coward/Traitor.

Last edited by JJLakers on Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:24 am    Post subject:

Klay call, I'll sign the max but I gotta sit out til playoff... take it? (Yes!)
PDX_LAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:37 am    Post subject:

If we get Kawhi I would go after Beverly and sell the rle - maybe he takes it for a year with 3 of the best superstars in the league on one team. With Beverly, Kawhi and AD our defense would be unbelievable.
PDX_LAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:37 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Klay call, I'll sign the max but I gotta sit out til playoff... take it? (Yes!)

That won't happen, it's best we move on.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:57 am    Post subject:

Woj saying Foston are offering Baynes into salary cap space elsewhere to get to 23mil in space themselves

That’s not enough for a DLo max I think, who would they offer that to? Haha
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:59 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Woj saying Foston are offering Baynes into salary cap space elsewhere to get to 23mil in space themselves

4 years Horford. Back end heavy.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:00 am    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
alleyoop wrote:

4 years Horford. Back end heavy.

$100 mil/4 yr sounds like it
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:08 am    Post subject:

JJLakers wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
If we get Kawhi, all that will be left for him will be the room exception. Doubt he takes that.

The power of endorsements/commercials off the court in LA, is unmatched, and would make him some decent enough money on the side. Not to mention all the on court success that will happen. He would be a idiot not to join, and miss out on all the success/dynasty if the Lakers wanted him.

Btw What was Green salary with Toronto?

Around 10m. Doubt he takes a 50% cut.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:09 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:

My favorite reddit comment:

"(bleep) Woj if Danny Ainge ever comes to a sudden stop they will need the jaws of life to pry woj's head out of his ass."
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:12 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski [ at ] wojespn
So the Pistons will be have the 15th and 30th picks in the draft on Thursday. Bucks saved $4M in salary this year, and won’t have Snell’s $12M in salary on books for 2020-21.

Quote:
Bobby Marks (@) BobbyMarks42

The DET/MIL trade cannot occur until after Milwaukee selects no. 30 for Detroit. The holdup is a result of the Stepien rule- "cannot trade a first in back-to-back years". Milwaukee owes Phoenix a protected first in 2020.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:13 am    Post subject:

Can I ask cap space expert, what is stopping us and agreeing to trade the #4 pick to NO early this draft for expiring contract like morris or Smith and Payton then renouncing there rights. Then trade for ad for ball, Ingram, Hart and 2 future first round and swap. Doesn’t that clear cap space already to sign max player.

Same players two contingent deals. The only problem preventing us from max is the #4 salary.

NO want the player they want at #4, if they are sticking to the agreed upon deal then we can choose Joe Schmoe at number #4 and trade it to them for AD which will be bad for NO and a waste of #4.

Last edited by DLaker on Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:24 am; edited 2 times in total
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:20 am    Post subject:

I hope Korver get cut/bought out
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:25 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:

Ainge: Tatum, Brown, Smart, Morris, Hayward, pick, pick pick, $23mil

Pelinka: LeBron, AD, Kuz, Caruso, (Moe, Bonga), $23 --> $27 --> max

With the championship window open wide the next year or two, I'd take our position and go for it instead of Boston's picks
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:40 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
I hope Korver get cut/bought out

I think he will, and my gut feel is he comes to us. If we can sign some defensive studs to surround him off the bench, he'd be a great signing I think
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:57 am    Post subject:

so rumored Atlanta is gonna trade up to 4 with taking on Solomon Hill's contract I know that makes the trade 3 way but how does it help the Lakers cap room ?
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:58 am    Post subject:

JJLakers wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
If we get Kawhi, all that will be left for him will be the room exception. Doubt he takes that.

The power of endorsements/commercials off the court in LA, is unmatched, and would make him some decent enough money on the side. Not to mention all the on court success that will happen. He would be a idiot not to join, and miss out on all the success/dynasty if the Lakers wanted him.

Btw What was Green salary with Toronto?

How much of a paycut did James take? Arguably his main motivation was the endorsements and commercial opportunities.

Has it been confirmed that Davis will even waive his trade kicker to allow some cap for team building yet?

Yet all the other Free Agents are supposed to willingly giving away millions?

I’ll believe it when I see it.
lakermann44
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:01 am    Post subject:

If the lakers don't get that 3 player it might be a big mistake.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:02 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
Can I ask cap space expert, what is stopping us and agreeing to trade the #4 pick to NO early this draft for expiring contract like morris or Smith and Payton then renouncing there rights. Then trade for ad for ball, Ingram, Hart and 2 future first round and swap. Doesn’t that clear cap space already to sign max player.

Same players two contingent deals. The only problem preventing us from max is the #4 salary.

NO want the player they want at #4, if they are sticking to the agreed upon deal then we can choose Joe Schmoe at number #4 and trade it to them for AD which will be bad for NO and a waste of #4.

You can’t trade expiring contracts
BotPoster24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:04 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
so rumored Atlanta is gonna trade up to 4 with taking on Solomon Hill's contract I know that makes the trade 3 way but how does it help the Lakers cap room ?

It helps if they take one or all of the guys we need to trade as well.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:04 am    Post subject:

Question for the experts...It was reported one way the Lakers can get to the max is if they draft the 4 today that NO wants, but the Lakers sign him. Then they trade him on 7/30 to NO, along with the rest of the guys. Is this correct? Would this result in bad blood with NO, since the pick would not play in the summer league from what I understand. Any clarity would be appreciated.
Zubolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:06 am    Post subject:

Not sure if anyone saw this suggestion or FAKE Trade Idea (NOT a Rumor) from Emplay (Eric Pincus; see his twitter account):

To Lakers: AD
To Pelicans: Kevin Love, Ingram/Hart/Ball/Lakers future pics, etc.
To Cavs: #4, Solomon Hill/Bonga/Wagner/Jemerio Jones

Lakers use their cap room to sign a (near) max FA or multiple FA's

Not sure who says no. Unless the Pelicans want to strictly conserve cap space. Then again, they need a center and Kevin Love will be a perfect complement to Zion. Shooter, rebounder, passer with extensive playoff experience to help guide the young core. New Orleans should know they are not a FA destination so why not take advantage of cap space while getting Hill's contract off the books.
I think the Pelicans reach the rare area of being very competitive while developing a young core and having future assets in stock.

Lakers do this for obvious reasons.

Cleveland now has both the 4th and 5th pick while getting Love off the books. Solomon Hill's contract along with several others will expire after this season.

I really like this deal for all 3 teams! Thoughts? (pardon me if it has already been posted)
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:07 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
DLaker wrote:

You can’t trade expiring contracts

Is this for real, ur telling me if I want Julius Randle which has an expiring contract back and trade for him in the draft for the #4 pick it’s not allowed. That doesn’t seem right.
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:07 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Math wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
There were rumours that the reason why Lakers so desperate to trade for AD was because they knew no max player is coming. So it could well be that Pelinka understood the cap space difference but he didn’t think it would matter. He didn’t expect the momentum would shift so fast and suddenly we have become a desired destination again.

smh....if he rushed to get AD just to say we got him while trading all his talent way....that really dont sound too great.

Original plan...2 stars and young talent...as of now? 2 vs 5 lmao!

You desired? How many stars you heard in the news saying they coming?

I mean we are currently the odds on favorites to win the title next year. Maybe that should count for something.

those odds are not based on the current roster....there are a lot of assumptions built into those odds. If I recall, last season right after Lebron was signed, we moved to the 2nd best odds to win the title.....then by the time the season started, we had fell out of the Top 5.

Yeah man, I said "currently" and everything.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2113, 2114, 2115 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 2114 of 8560
Jump to: