OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 241, 242, 243 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Kemba's cap old of 18 million is very enticing. You could trade for him and still sign a max guy if Ingram and Ball are both moved (not saying I'd trade 2 for 1, it's just feasible if both their deals are moved).

And this, my friend, is why Walker is a zillion times more valuable to the Lakers than are Beal and Lillard. You get it.

Yeah. I think I brought up Kemba's 18m cap hold a few weeks ago too. But I still think it's not 100% coincidental they cleared 38m in cap space (as opposed to 32m which is what KL/Klay can get).

It 100% isn’t coincidental. I’m with you. I’m emboldened by this lack of coincidence. I believe it (Durant) will happen, so much so that I’m willing to dump Ball and Ingram (now) to begin building a superior team around him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Flight#24 wrote:
Lonzo + flier for Kemba. Then BI + KCP for beal. Then try to get Ariza after buy out.

Kemba
Beal
Lebron
Kuz
McGee with Chandler closing the games

Pretty damn good team. This of course closes the window for KD or KL, but that's assuming there was a window in the first place.

Or you can get Kemba, then keep the window for KD/KL still open for this summer. Both are good option.

Kupchak has ZERO motivation to trade Walker, who’s developing a cult-like following in Charlotte, for Lonzo Ball. Zero chance of Kupchak agreeing to your trade.

Matter of fact, they may. It even bite on Ball and Ingram. The Lakers only hope is that Charlotte buys into the idea of Ingram being from Carolina and Walker costing them too much money in free agency.

If Charlotte doesn’t care about Ingram’s roots and they don’t care about paying him max money, they could very well pass on a Ball + Ingram offer.

Ball alone, though, has no chance sir.

I agree with Lonzo not being an appealing asset to Charlotte. To go from Kemba (high scoring exceptional ball handling/attack game) to Lonzo would be quite the transition for them. I would think they value BI more.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25262884/emotions-flare-kevin-durant-draymond-green-golden-state-warriors-loss

KD angry ?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject:

I don't see KD/Warriors being a long term thing.

He clearly is sensitive to the Warriors fan base not being as high on him as the original 3 guys. He will probably win a ring this year and then bounce to try to prove he was the reason for the last 3 rings.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25262884/emotions-flare-kevin-durant-draymond-green-golden-state-warriors-loss

KD angry ?

I think he's just bored
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject:

Damn, Sacramento wont even do a Held for BI straight up trade anymore. and they need a small forward. We could of sold high and bought low.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:

KD angry ?

This was such a non-story. Disappointing
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't see KD/Warriors being a long term thing.

He clearly is sensitive to the Warriors fan base not being as high on him as the original 3 guys. He will probably win a ring this year and then bounce to try to prove he was the reason for the last 3 rings.

Agreed. It may not be the Lakers but I definitely see him leaving, and this incident did nothing to influence my sentiments.

I do, however, believe that his teammates intuitively know that he will probably leave, especially Draymond Green.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Damn, Sacramento wont even do a Held for BI straight up trade anymore. and they need a small forward. We could of sold high and bought low.

Ingram’s game is really only appealing when he’s handling the ball.

Didn’t he play his absolute best when he was the point guard (last year)?

He’s a B-level Giannis. As a supporting player, where he’s asked to compliment other guys by hitting jumpers, his value is just not that high.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject:

I'm just going to say, I think Durant is coming to save the day!

I could be wrong, but that's my quess.

KL to the Clippers or he stays in Toronto, they could legit go to the finals.

Imagine that Toronto takes GS 7 games in the finals, and then KL bolts for LA Clippers. I would totally not be surprised.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
I'm just going to say, I think Durant is coming to save the day!

I could be wrong, but that's my quess.

KL to the Clippers or he stays in Toronto, they could legit go to the finals.

Imagine that Toronto takes GS 7 games in the finals, and then KL bolts for LA Clippers. I would totally not be surprised.

I think Warriors dismantle the Raptors if they get to the Finals.

Warriors are on cruise control and are getting nippy with each other. And you throw in Boogie who may be able to contribute by the Finals.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

Hornets if they extend walker to 5 years 190 million would be over the tax threshold next year.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:

its ur assumption or some media people said that?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Hornets if they extend walker to 5 years 190 million would be over the tax threshold next year.

They have a tough choice.

They should rebuild rather than re-sign him and fight for a 8-10 seed every year.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

They should rebuild rather than re-sign him and fight for a 8-10 seed every year.

No, not all teams are looking to win championship. Most owners like any business want to make money.

Fighting for playoffs means team is competitive and ticket sale is good. Plus add whatever money they make from playoffs.

Rebuild means empty arena and no $$$
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:

Muy importante. I’d also add that their roster may (or may not) be stuck in mediocrity.

Last edited by Joe Pesci on Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

No, not all teams are looking to win championship. Most owners like any business want to make money.

Fighting for playoffs means team is competitive and ticket sale is good. Plus add whatever money they make from playoffs.

you think anyone there cares about a middling playoff contender in the East? NC is football country and college hoops country. They lost an NBA team at one point.

Just saying an average team there isn't exactly exciting.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

you think anyone there cares about a middling playoff contender in the East? NC is football country and college hoops country. They lost an NBA team at one point.

Just saying an average team there isn't exactly exciting.

U r making my point. If average team is not exciting then who is coming to watch a tanking team? Nobody
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

But MJ is cheap. After the Batum experiment, he may be leery of paying nearly 200m to Kemba. He'll get his money regardless thanks to revenue sharing.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

Objectively speaking, if I’m Charlotte, I don’t trade him for just Ingram (and filler).

If I’m Charlotte, I’d rather pay him, dump some salary to get under the threshold, and take my chances.

For Charlotte, Walker for just Ingram (and filler) is a bad look ... unless Walker causes a disturbance or asks to be traded.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

I did actually catch a game in Charlotte once. Nice stadium but yeah, it's pretty sad. It's a football/college basketball town. Hornets are such a low priority there.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject:

Bottom line: none of these guys are on the market right now. The one guy on the market was moved in Butler.

I try and take a big picture view. Lakers are 7-6, 13 games into the year is nothing. Let's see where they are mid January. They have 38 million dollars in cap space and young guys on rookie deals who are tradeable. Plus all their first round picks retained.

I think they're in a solid position.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

But MJ is cheap. After the Batum experiment, he may be leery of paying nearly 200m to Kemba. He'll get his money regardless thanks to revenue sharing.

come Yin, you said the same exact thing when batum was about to be a free agent. the guy paid Batum a max, you think he is letting his cash cow in Kemba walker go?

i dont think so
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

come Yin, you said the same exact thing when batum was about to be a free agent. the guy paid Batum a max, you think he is letting his cash cow in Kemba walker go?

i dont think so

He is very stingy man. And my point is he probably regrets that move and when it comes to Kemba, he IMO will be in NY most likely or LA. He's a FA.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Now, if we hit the lottery and sign KD, can we then trade for Kemba next yr with a matching salary going out? even if it puts us over cap?

If they add a 30% Max (Leonard?) this summer (2019), then Ingram could be pushed even lower on the totem pole and it would make it much more difficult to justify him getting a large contract in summer 2020. If he isn't going to be worthy of a large contract in summer 2020, then his value in a trade to Charlotte during the 2019 - 20 season will be low.

86. How do simultaneous trades work? How much salary can a team take back in a simultaneous trade?

Quote:

Non-Taxpaying Teams
Outgoing salary....................Maximum incoming salary
$0 to $6,533,333.................175% of the outgoing salary, plus $100,000
$6,533,334 to $19.6 million...The outgoing salary plus $5 million
$19.6 million and up...........125% of the outgoing salary, plus $100,000

Here is a table with a range of possible 2019 - 20 salaries for Walker.

Walker Salary......Subtract.....Intermediate Number....Divide By......Needed Outgoing Salary for LA

$32,700,000.......$100,000.........$32,600,000..................1.25......................$26,080,000

$30,000,000.......$100,000.........$29,900,000..................1.25......................$23,920,000

$28,000,000.......$100,000.........$27,900,000..................1.25.....................$22,320,000

$26,000,000.......$100,000.........$25,900,000..................1.25.....................$20,720,000
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 241, 242, 243 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 242 of 8560
Jump to: