OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 252, 253, 254 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Kevin Durant to the Lakers? (SAS: "Lakers are the front runners.”)

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:

1. SAS Sux

Stephen A. Smith wrote:
I AM THE PERSONIFICATION OF PERFECTION. FROM MY IMPECCABLE HAIR, MY INCREDIBLE VOCABULARY, TO THE POSSESSION OF CELL PHONE NUMBERS OF HUNDREDS OF NBA PLAYERS SUCH AS THE KEVIN DURANTS OF THE WORLD, THE MARIO CHALMERSES OF THE WORLD, THE CARMELO ANTHONYS OF THE WORLD, THE JIMMY BUTLERS OF THE WORLD. YOU NAME IT, I CAN TEXT THEM RIGHT NOW. NO ONE CAN TOUCH ME. THE AUDACITY, THE UNMITIGATED GALL, THE TEMORACITY, THE COURAGIFICATION OF SAYING THAT I SUCK. HOW DARE YOU? MEANWHILE, I WILL GO AND FIND FIVE MORE NFL TEAMS TO ROOT FOR. AARON RODGERS IS A BAAAAD MAN.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
Which team would be a better team next year? GSW with Durant or Lakers with Durant?

I think it's clear that the tension has reached a simmering point. KD isn't going to be a 1+1 player forever so I can't see him agreeing to a 5 year deal with the Warriors unless Dray is gone.

So if it's the original Warriors vs. LBJ/KD/kids (or trades that will add a 3rd star), I go with the Lakers.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Durant has trade veto power.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/07/nba-players-who-can-veto-trades-in-201819.html
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Lakers, Kevin Durant, LeBron, AD Will Happen, Says Source

Quote:
Kevin Durant will join the Los Angeles Lakers in 2019, a league source tells me.

Durant, a two-time NBA champion with the Golden State Warriors, is highly considering joining the Los Angeles Lakers in the summer of 2019 , I was told in September.

cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/07/nba-players-who-can-veto-trades-in-201819.html

I believe he's referring to Durant arriving as a free agent. A trade, with his salary and our one-year players would be near-impossible without a third team, and even then, July 1st is only months away
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I believe he's referring to Durant arriving as a free agent. A trade, with his salary and our one-year players would be near-impossible without a third team, and even then, July 1st is only months away

Oh okay. I was just listening to ESPN radio talking about trying to call and trade for him right now.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Kevin Durant will join the Los Angeles Lakers in 2019, a league source tells me.

Durant, a two-time NBA champion with the Golden State Warriors, is highly considering joining the Los Angeles Lakers in the summer of 2019 , I was told in September.

chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Since I'm on Cloud 9 right now. What all star will take a massive paycut and join us with the room exception?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Quote:

you should post the url so we dont waste time going to heavy.com

Last edited by Jesusdelonla on Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Funny how the entire NBA goes into panic mode with some minor issues in Golden State. Its funny because its what the rest of the NBA wants, some discord, something to make it interesting.

Problem is, there really isn't any and this soon will pass and they will roll off another 60 win season and finals appearance.

I am not buying that its any more than that.....players disagree all the time. Players don't always love playing with their teammates.

I just think its funny how this is such news when it will blow over in a couple of days and everyone looks like an idiot for reporting it as being the end of the world.

Agreed.
Look even if it did fester than as already mentioned they could trade Green to pacify Durant.
KD is the best (or 2nd best) player in the league. He will choose where he wants to play regardless of Draymond. Green was an important piece for them but apparently has become more of a distraction to the point where they could move him if it meant keeping KD. IMO everyone will come to their senses and they will 3 peat. The Warriors have been a slam dunk to win the title for several years so this is just drama, most of it likely media driven, to keep some interest in the league during a long season.

Now FA in 2019 is a whole different story..I'm not believing any of the media driven narratives at this point.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Since I'm on Cloud 9 right now. What all star will take a massive paycut and join us with the room exception?

LMA? Millsap? Brook Lopez?
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Kevin Durant to the Lakers? (SAS: "Lakers are the front runners.”)

Wilt wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:

1. SAS Sux

Stephen A. Smith wrote:
I AM THE PERSONIFICATION OF PERFECTION. FROM MY IMPECCABLE HAIR, MY INCREDIBLE VOCABULARY, TO THE POSSESSION OF CELL PHONE NUMBERS OF HUNDREDS OF NBA PLAYERS SUCH AS THE KEVIN DURANTS OF THE WORLD, THE MARIO CHALMERSES OF THE WORLD, THE CARMELO ANTHONYS OF THE WORLD, THE JIMMY BUTLERS OF THE WORLD. YOU NAME IT, I CAN TEXT THEM RIGHT NOW. NO ONE CAN TOUCH ME. THE AUDACITY, THE UNMITIGATED GALL, THE TEMORACITY, THE COURAGIFICATION OF SAYING THAT I SUCK. HOW DARE YOU? MEANWHILE, I WILL GO AND FIND FIVE MORE NFL TEAMS TO ROOT FOR. AARON RODGERS IS A BAAAAD MAN.

Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Durant could’ve signed with the Lakers this season with LeBron, why wait a year later?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Durant could’ve signed with the Lakers this season with LeBron, why wait a year later?

It does bring up the question of him not signing a 1+1 this summer. He does qualify for the 35% max next summer. Maybe Lebron and KD had to talk it over during the summer after PG went back to OKC
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

That's a good point. bear in mind Deng's deal was on the books too.

I can't think of a good reason other than he wanted one more surefire ring and then bounce?
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Money ? I'm not sure about that, I could be completely wrong...
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
chantruong wrote:

LMA? Millsap? Brook Lopez?
LMA is a no go. should've came when you had the chance.

Give me Milsap to backup AD after we get him too.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Stephen A Smith must be on the Lakers payroll.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

That's a good point. bear in mind Deng's deal was on the books too.

I can't think of a good reason other than he wanted one more surefire ring and then bounce?

One thing I can think of is that KD was not interested in coming here until he spoke to Bron in the middle of summer. After that, the FO took action on Deng.

The other one is that he wants to win another ring and FMVP with the Warriors and equal Lebron so he comes here and he will feel like the "man"

Not really great answers imo, but we will get more answers as the seasons goes on
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Idk how i feel about this. I want to compete for a championship, not blow out every single team. I want drama.

LeBron and KD on the same team means every series in the playoffs goes 5 max
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

you should post the url so we dont waste time going to heavy.com

Durant and AD to the Lakers?

I like what this guy is smoking!
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/scoopb/status/1058911673698959361?s=21

Quote:
Lakers, Anthony Davis trade with New Orleans Pelicans would make sense if constructed like this:

Package 1: Josh Hart, Ivica Zubac, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, 1st round pick

Package 2: Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram, 1st round pick

New Orleans Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Kevin Durant to the Lakers? (SAS: "Lakers are the front runners.”)

Wilt wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:

1. SAS Sux

Stephen A. Smith wrote:

Boy I wish we could like posts on this board. I would give this one all of the likes.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Anthony Davis

Make it happen Magic
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

ugh the last thing we need if we are trying to land Durant is SAS claiming to know he's coming. Durant would hate to prove him right.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 252, 253, 254 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 253 of 8560
Jump to: