OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 270, 271, 272 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
32 wrote:
Depending on how bad it gets I think there's a chance he demands a trade at some point this season.

it'd have to get really bad. i think he just rides it out.

It wouldn’t matter, GS wouldn’t trade him.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Except we've seen Tatum light it up. There's an entire season of evidence that he can score, and within the offense. Difference is this season he's eager to show off his work with Kobe and there's too many mouths to feed in Boston.

In 2+ seasons BI has not shown what Tatum has already shown.

Last year people dismissed Tatum, saying he had Kyrie to open things up for him.

Well this year BI has Lebron.

Last season Tatum was clearly better. This year he's adjusting to a new role with Hayward and Kyrie taking up more oxygen.

Let's let BI adjust too...
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Tatum hasn't been great this year but BI has been below average. Let's not sugarcoat things.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Except we've seen Tatum light it up. There's an entire season of evidence that he can score, and within the offense. Difference is this season he's eager to show off his work with Kobe and there's too many mouths to feed in Boston.

Last year people dismissed Tatum, saying he had Kyrie to open things up for him.

Last season Tatum was clearly better. This year he's adjusting to a new role with Hayward and Kyrie taking up more oxygen.

How long should we wait with BI? Hes in year 3 right now

If he doesnt take that next step by the end of this season are we still waiting for him to adjust and improve? Next season is his 4th ..
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject:

JUSTIN HOLIDAY IS ON FIRE LOL
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
The hate on Magic is disgusting. You know who else hated Magic? Donald Sterling. Just sayin’. Am I wrong?

Usually

😂 At least one of us can take a joke!

Yours make me LOL

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Knicks getting good minutes out of Mitchell Robinson

Mitchell is a project, that’s why our bigs that we play are vets who know how to win, McGee/Chandler are guys who are helping us win now cause we are trying to become a contender, I’m not really upset with the Lakers passing on him.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

If he doesnt take that next step by the end of this season are we still waiting for him to adjust and improve? Next season is his 4th ..

We definitely need to see better numbers... especially from three.

But his midrange numbers are up.

The main problem is McGee isn't a stretch five so Kuz and McGee are taking up all the stat padding layups and dunks that BI got last year.

Why are we punishing him for being a team player and adapting to his new role? Better to have BI take midranges than McGee... and Kuz has been terrible from outside this season.

If he gets over 37% on better volume from three. Gets close to 75% from the free throw line... I will be satisfied with his FG% because he's had to change his job description.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
The plan is clearly to sign KD (or maybe KL) this summer, then, next season, we either have some stars in Ball, Ingram and/or Kuz, or we use some combination of those guys to trade for our 3rd all-star (like AD).

It’s going to be really tough to trade for AD, id imagine it’d take ALL of our young guys and 2 1st rounders. If NO is going to lose him in division I’m sure they will try to take as much as possible.

Dream scenario...KD comes, Detroit wants to blow it up and agree to take Kuz+BI for Drummond

Ball
Hart
KD
Lebron
Drummond

Would be a mean lineup. I know it’s just pipe, but one can hope.

Not to mention if our youth aren’t players we want to keep them why would NO want them? I expect them to be sold in the next 3-5 years so any AD trade would likely be heavy on draft picks.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
chantruong wrote:
Fradulent ass Blazers. Now I dont feel as good about Wednesdays win.

I believe Minnesota only has 1 loss at home this season, they’ve been really good there

Portland blew them out in Portland FWIW.

And the Butler trade doesn’t seem as one-sided as people said.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject:

After the Kings loss tonight, we have sole possession of the 7th seed with only 1 game in the loss column behind for the 2nd seed. We could honestly be the 2nd seed by the next week if we win out.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Kyrie Irving is a master of Kobe Byants midrange game.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LKA wrote:
chantruong wrote:
Fradulent ass Blazers. Now I dont feel as good about Wednesdays win.

I believe Minnesota only has 1 loss at home this season, they’ve been really good there

Portland blew them out in Portland FWIW.

And the Butler trade doesn’t seem as one-sided as people said.

Honestly, i think the juries out? Butler has yet to find a place he actually likes.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

I dont understand this logic that Tatum is the bar on whether or not they keep Ingram? I think they should, at the very least he is a good sixth man. He is a hard cover and above average defender coming off the bench no question.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LKA wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Conclusions from this Bos/Tor game:
-Kawhi is so (bleep) good
-Teams seem evenly matched
-Boston got the calls late
-Some Toronto role players still seem to shrink in big moments
-where is overrated Jaylen Brown. Don’t see him

-Kyrie is so (bleep) good
-Tatum is so (bleep) good

Yeah let’s hype up other players while discouraging our players, I would say the Lakers have looked a lot better then the Celtics since the season started.

With the two-headed monster we have at center I dont know if Boston can beat us. I still think you have to pack it in with that team and force them to shoot the ball.

Now I can't wait until they play the Celtics
secund2nun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Toronto started 12-1 and now has lost 3 games in a row. I don't think they have much of a chance to win the east and I think it's possible that they even fail to even make the ECF with the Bucks, 76ers, and Celtics all in the East. If they fail to make the ECF I think the chances of KL wanting to sign with the Lakers is high.

It would be interesting to see a scenario where both KD and KL are available. I think you would have to go with KD as he is the better player, but I'm happy with either.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject:

secund2nun wrote:
Toronto started 12-1 and now has lost 3 games in a row. I don't think they have much of a chance to win the east and I think it's possible that they even fail to even make the ECF with the Bucks, 76ers, and Celtics all in the East. If they fail to make the ECF I think the chances of KL wanting to sign with the Lakers is high.

It would be interesting to see a scenario where both KD and KL are available. I think you would have to go with KD as he is the better player, but I'm happy with either.

No question KD is the better fit with LeBron as well
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject:

secund2nun wrote:

KD and Lebron just go together like peanut butter and jelly
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
After the Kings loss tonight, we have sole possession of the 7th seed with only 1 game in the loss column behind for the 2nd seed. We could honestly be the 2nd seed by the next week if we win out.

Only one game out of 11th as well. This is no time to take a sigh of relief, we need to push harder than ever. This road trip is a huge opportunity. Magic won’t go down easy.
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Only one game out of 11th as well. This is no time to take a sigh of relief, we need to push harder than ever. This road trip is a huge opportunity. Magic won’t go down easy.

Magic played the Sixers pretty well, their speed bothered them.

Not an opponent to take lightly.
Vampirate
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject:

secund2nun wrote:

Why not both? Trade for Kawhi this year, sign Durant into cap space this summer. EZ PZ, best Big 3 ever.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject:

giordan0 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I've said a few times already, but Magic have beat us 9 out of the last 10 times in Orlando. Better come ready to play.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
giordan0 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I've said a few times already, but Magic have beat us 9 out of the last 10 times in Orlando. Better come ready to play.

We need to control the tempo. I think Lebron should be the primary ball handler this game, not ball.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
secund2nun wrote:

KD and Lebron just go together like peanut butter and jelly

Don’t the Lakers have cap space for both?
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Ok, say we landed Durant... We wouldn't have any cap space remaining and only the room exception left to spend at around 5 million... Our roster would look like this...

Ball, Bonga
Ingram, Hart
Durant, Svi
James, Kuzma
Wagner

The room exception would need to go to either a backup point guard like Rondo, or a starting center, maybe resign McGee, but I don't think he would take the minimum again... Also, to max out Durant we would have to trade our 1st and let Zubac walk...

Any thoughts about how we could round out that roster?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 270, 271, 272 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 271 of 8560
Jump to: