OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 271, 272, 273 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Plot twist: KD stays, Dray is traded to LA... for Javelle McGee. Eat your heart out, Shyamalan.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject:

cital wrote:
Ok, say we landed Durant... We wouldn't have any cap space remaining and only the room exception left to spend at around 5 million... Our roster would look like this...

Ball, Bonga
Ingram, Hart
Durant, Svi
James, Kuzma
Wagner

The room exception would need to go to either a backup point guard like Rondo, or a starting center, maybe resign McGee, but I don't think he would take the minimum again... Also, to max out Durant we would have to trade our 1st and let Zubac walk...

Any thoughts about how we could round out that roster?

Jarret Jack
Ariza
Milsap

Just a few vets on top of my head that might come here on the cheap.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
secund2nun wrote:
Toronto started 12-1 and now has lost 3 games in a row. I don't think they have much of a chance to win the east and I think it's possible that they even fail to even make the ECF with the Bucks, 76ers, and Celtics all in the East. If they fail to make the ECF I think the chances of KL wanting to sign with the Lakers is high.

It would be interesting to see a scenario where both KD and KL are available. I think you would have to go with KD as he is the better player, but I'm happy with either.

KD and Lebron just go together like peanut butter and jelly

Don’t the Lakers have cap space for both?

Who are both?
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject:

Sign Durant into space.
Trade Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Wagner, Bonga, 2019 1st Rd Pk, and an assortment of additional first round picks for Anthony Davis (after July 1st).

Resign Pope to room exception.
Resign Rondo to minimum.
Resign Stephenson to minimum.
Resign Beasley to minimum.
Resign Chandler to minimum.

PG - James - Rondo
SG - Pope - Mykhailiuk
C - Davis - Chandler
PF - Durant - Beasley
SF - Hart - Stephenson
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:36 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Sign Durant into space.
Trade Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, Wagner, Bonga, 2019 1st Rd Pk, and an assortment of additional first round picks for Anthony Davis (after July 1st).

Resign Pope to room exception.
Resign Rondo to minimum.
Resign Stephenson to minimum.
Resign Beasley to minimum.
Resign Chandler to minimum.

PG - James - Rondo
SG - Pope - Mykhailiuk
C - Davis - Chandler
PF - Durant - Beasley
SF - Hart - Stephenson

Sounds good to me 👍
legend825
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject:

If only it were that easy... The stars would have to perfectly align for that scenario to come to fruition.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject:

legend825 wrote:
If only it were that easy... The stars would have to perfectly align for that scenario to come to fruition.

I think Chandler is the only one who might sign for that little.

But it illustrates how thin our lineup would be with the three stars.

I think we are better off with KD only and the depth than with KD and AD and a pile of minimum contracts.

The only way the 3 star plan would work is if Bonga and Svi became breakout players... which actually isn't that farfetched... but absolutely necessary if we were to be successful.

ETA: I just realized you traded Bonga... so Svi would have to become a rotation quality player and we'd have to find four other rotation quality players who would ring chase.

LBJ would be 5% diminished due to age... I don't think it works.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject:

Either KD or Kawhi would fit the missing star piece.
Or even Thompson, Middleton, or Kemba.
Then would keep Rondo, McGee, Chandler for sure.
Not loose Ingram, Lonzo, Kuzma, or Hart.
This is a deep team.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
secund2nun wrote:
Toronto started 12-1 and now has lost 3 games in a row. I don't think they have much of a chance to win the east and I think it's possible that they even fail to even make the ECF with the Bucks, 76ers, and Celtics all in the East. If they fail to make the ECF I think the chances of KL wanting to sign with the Lakers is high.

It would be interesting to see a scenario where both KD and KL are available. I think you would have to go with KD as he is the better player, but I'm happy with either.

KD and Lebron just go together like peanut butter and jelly

Don’t the Lakers have cap space for both?

Who are both?

KD and KL
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
legend825 wrote:

I think we are better off with KD only and the depth than with KD and AD and a pile of minimum contracts.

The only way the 3 star plan would work is if Bonga and Svi became breakout players... which actually isn't that farfetched... but absolutely necessary if we were to be successful.

ETA: I just realized you traded Bonga... so Svi would have to become a rotation quality player and we'd have to find four other rotation quality players who would ring chase.

If you’re worth your salt as en executive, you can create a solid bench of players playing for the minimum.

As you said, I think Chandler is a no-brainer.

I think Rondo would take the minimum too (to be a part of history), but if he doesn’t, there are a slew of backup PGs who could fill that role for 15 minutes a game (Sessions and Lin off the top of my head).

If Durant comes, Beasley will almost surely resign for the minimum. They’re “boys” from way back growing up in that DMV (DC, Baltimore, Virginia) area. Say what you want about Beasley, but he’d be a solid backup four if given a role and regular minutes.

Mykhailiuk, in year two, in the rotation is a also a solid piece in the designated gunner role. He’d thrive, even if he only played ten minutes a game for half a season.

Stephenson (along with Rondo) is the dicey one. Stephenson is playing so well that he may get a much larger offer, despite his history as an erratic, uncontrollable player. I think he comes back for pennies because, like Rondo, he’d know that he’d have a big role on a great team. Him and Rondo would know that taking an extra two mill from another team without a guaranteed role, a role they like, and without the promise of a deep playoff run, just isn’t worth it.

Magic showed Rondo and Stephenson much love and trust, signing them handsomely and quickly in the free agent process.

I think they’d both stay if Durant and Davis were secured, and I think a bench of Rondo, Mykhailiuk, Chandler, Beasley, and Stephenson would be damn, damn good.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
legend825 wrote:

If you’re worth your salt as en executive, you can create a solid bench of players playing for the minimum.

As you said, I think Chandler is a no-brainer.

I think Rondo would take the minimum too (to be a part of history), but if he doesn’t, there are a slew of backup PGs who could fill that role for 15 minutes a game (Sessions and Lin off the top of my head).

If Durant comes, Beasley will almost surely resign for the minimum. They’re “boys” from way back growing up in that DMV (DC, Baltimore, Virginia) area. Say what you want about Beasley, but he’d be a solid backup four if given a role and regular minutes.

Mykhailiuk, in year two, in the rotation is a also a solid piece in the designated gunner role. He’d thrive, even if he only played ten minutes a game for half a season.

Stephenson (along with Rondo) is the dicey one. Stephenson is playing so well that he may get a much larger offer, despite his history as an erratic, uncontrollable player. I think he comes back for pennies because, like Rondo, he’d know that he’d have a big role on a great team. Him and Rondo would know that taking an extra two mill from another team without a guaranteed role, a role they like, and without the promise of a deep playoff run, just isn’t worth it.

Magic showed Rondo and Stephenson much love and trust, signing them handsomely and quickly in the free agent process.

I think they’d both stay if Durant and Davis were secured, and I think a bench of Rondo, Mykhailiuk, Chandler, Beasley, and Stephenson would be damn, damn good.

Lin is making 13 million... I'd be more optimistic about him making a return if he didn't have such a poor experience the first time... Maybe if he looks at it as a new administration... but the odds are low especially if he stays healthy and does well in Atlanta. Rondo does seem to love it here, but some place like Phoenix could easily tempt him away. I think of the people you mentioned... Sessions is the only possible option in which case we might as well stick with Caruso.

Beasley, I agree might be possible... but he seems to have some issues going on with him this season. Hard to tell what you'd get out of him.

In the case of Lance, if he continues to be a good citizen and plays well... he probably prices himself out of a minimum... if he doesn't play well... why would you want him? He's shooting above his career averages and starting to regress to the mean. He obviously has some skills, but he's so erratic with his decision making, that I'm not sure he's worth keeping even at the minimum.

Again... it would be fun to see AD/KD/LBJ... They probably can win with a G-League supporting cast... but by sacrificing the core... you are giving up the future for a three year max window... and if any of the three get hurt you are done. Also KD has proven that if he doesn't like the way things are going, that he can easily go somewhere like NY.

It would be interesting... but I'm inclined to go the safer route.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject:

With all due respect, Meat, you’re nuts if you pass on Davis in favor of Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, filler, and picks.

Davis is a bit injury prone and probably isn’t an all-time great leader, but other than that, from a talent standpoint, he’s generational.

Rings are won with great players, and although bench players are significant, they are far more replaceable than guys like Anthony effin’ Davis.

I feel you about the bench; it’d be a concern, but that’s why executives get paid — to solve minor problems like that. And I’m calling it minor on purpose, because I see it as that.

We’ll see what happens.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
With all due respect, Meat, you’re nuts if you pass on Davis in favor of Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, filler, and picks.

Davis is a bit injury prone and probably isn’t an all-time great leader, but other than that, from a talent standpoint, he’s generational.

Rings are won with great players, and although bench players are significant, they are far more replaceable than guys like Anthony effin’ Davis.

I feel you about the bench; it’d be a concern, but that’s why executives get paid — to solve minor problems like that. And I’m calling it minor on purpose, because I see it as that.

We’ll see what happens.

Why hasn't he won anything... why did he need Rondo to get out of the first round of the playoffs?

Jordan and LBJ would at least get their mediocre teams deep in the playoffs.

I agree he's a great player... but his impact hasn't been seen like some other generational players.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject:

The advantage of signing KL, we get that extra 6 million in capspace. Makes it easier to trade for AD.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

We’ll see what happens.

Why hasn't he won anything... why did he need Rondo to get out of the first round of the playoffs?

I agree he's a great player... but his impact hasn't been seen like some other generational players.

AD is only 25 and doesn't turn 26 until March, so he hasn't even peaked yet. His next contract will cover his prime years. He's never played with a talent like Lebron or AD. He may not be the guy who can carry a franchise to championships but he's a hall of fame talent. Imagine him and KD carrying the offense while Lebron just quietly averages a 20ppg triple double. That trio would have the potential to go down as the greatest front court in NBA history. The length would be too much for teams to deal with.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

We’ll see what happens.

More difficult for big men to single handedly do it. Need guards and wings to help.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Because he keeps playing peak level Warriors in the 1st or 2nd round.

There's no single superstar that can carry a team by themselves in the Western Conference to a championship. All other great teams have 2 or 3.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject:

Davis, in addition to playing in a stacked Western Conference and without good wings, has also played for horrible front offices.

Can’t blame him for never having a properly constructed team.

It’s lazy to say Davis’ game doesn’t have an “impact” on winning without considering the context. He’s a beast on both ends, and it’s commonly known.

Davis is easily worth damn near everybody on this team.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Davis, in addition to playing in a stacked Western Conference and without good wings, has also played for horrible front offices.

Can’t blame him for never having a properly constructed team.

It’s lazy to say Davis’ game doesn’t have an “impact” on winning without considering the context. He’s a beast on both ends, and it’s commonly known.

Davis is easily worth damn near everybody on this team.

Just curious would you trade LeBron for AD? btw I would be estatic if we got Davis just not sure if the Pelicans would want to deal him to a WC team especially to a team like the Lakers were teams always try to ignore when trying to deal there star player, if AD is traded it will be to a EC team the Pelicans would be dumb to create the next Lakers dynasty unless AD absolutely forces there hand.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

I am all in on Davis at whatever cost.

Davis is prime rib. The most we can hope any our guys become is strip steak. In fact, Ingram is destined for cornish hen based upon him not realizing his potential to date. So if we have an opportunity to leverage all of our young guys for Davis; then we do it and worry about the rest later.

The NBA is soft. None of these guys are complete players (now days) except for the top shelf of the elite. So having two or three of those guys in this era makes you a championship favorite no matter who else is on the team. It's not like it was just 10 years ago when you needed complete players throughout the roster. Those days are gone.

Davis, LeBron, and KD wins a Championship. Probably two.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

Rather have KL than KD
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

Lol at not trading our young guys for AD
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
Rather have KL than KD

I understand why you would... But we'll need a true scorer and big shot maker. LeBron will let us down. Davis hasn't had to be that guy yet.

Durant is perfectly crafted to be that guy all season and the playoffs. His mentality is score and attack. If we don't have this element in place, LeBron will be the guy passing on shots and missing free throws. Let Durant have it.

Leonard can be that guy. But Durant is better at it.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Lol at not trading our young guys for AD

LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
Rather have KL than KD

I understand why you would... But we'll need a true scorer and big shot maker. LeBron will let us down. Davis hasn't had to be that guy yet.

Durant is perfectly crafted to be that guy all season and the playoffs. His mentality is score and attack. If we don't have this element in place, LeBron will be the guy passing on shots and missing free throws. Let Durant have it.

Leonard can be that guy. But Durant is better at it.

Kawhi is also a better defender and younger. Only issue with him is injury and he has looked good so far.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 271, 272, 273 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 272 of 8560
Jump to: