OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3570, 3571, 3572 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:04 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
2019 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
MDA has yet to find a PG he can't make better. I expect WB to fit in great with the floor so spread.

IF CP3 is willing to come here after a buyout. Tough to say no to that talent.

Would you buyout hundreds of millions or make the guy play for you?

Do they have their own draft picks? I honestly don't know. I also wonder if CP3 is willing to play in that small market. Might have an AD situation. Without the ability to trade him till December. And even when they can trade him, that contract price makes him borderline untradeable.

They have tons of picks but I think they find a trade for him. Like you said, he's on the wrong side of 30 and will have very little tree market. I think it's Miami or bust.

Wolves should try sneak in there and make a play. Teague and Dieng for CP3 will do wonders for them. The downside is CP3 health and him picking up his option and keeping them out of cap space for that 2021 free agency:
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:05 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
CP3 has to be bought out now, if he waits 2 years i think it will be too late unless he finds a super team like Dubs 2016-2018.

No ones giving him a 100 million not to play
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Palin wrote:
CP3 has to be bought out now, if he waits 2 years i think it will be too late unless he finds a super team like Dubs 2016-2018.

No ones giving him a 100 million not to play

Correct.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:22 am    Post subject:

PG asks to be traded to LA, Pritchard asks for ludicrous trade packages with no real desire to accommodate their superstar.

Kawhi asks to be traded to LA, Pop asks for ludicrous trade packages with no real desire to accommodate their superstar.

AD asks to be traded to LA, Demps asks for ludicrous trade packages and aims to sabotage the Lakers season, if it wasn't in the gutter already, with no desire to accommodate their superstar.

PG and Westbrook ask to be traded, OKC deals in good faith with both of the player's desired teams.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:22 am    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:
Edit: I'm 100% convinced that CP3 gets traded.

I think Presti may have outsmarted himself, but we shall see. Thankfully, it's not our problem.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
roboshrimp wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
governator wrote:
Ok, Bradley-Green-KCP better be damn ready:

Conley-Mitchell-Ingles
Dame $-McCollum-Aminu
Westbrook-Harden-Gordon
Steph-Dlo-Klay
Pat Bev-Kawhi-PG13
Murray-Harris-Barton
Dejonte Murray-DeRozan
Teague-Wiggins-Covington

Man!

i was feeling pretty good about the backcourt until you laid it out like this.

of course the frontcourt is where it’s at.

Man our backcourt may be the worst when it comes to offensive fire power. Defensively they look somewhat decent but you have to be a threat offensively to be able to make the opposing backcourt expend energy.

They need to be heavy off ball movers. Chasing guys off screens and such on defense is very tiring and guys like Harden or WB don't like expending that kind of energy. Plus we have one of the deeper guard rotations so we wear them down that way, not necessarily taking other guards on ISO.

We did sign buncha guards by committee
Bradley-Green-KCP-Cook-Daniel-Caruso-Rondo-THT

And outside of Rondo and rookie (who prob won’t play much), all of them can prevent the opposing back court from collapsing on defense, opening the lane for LeBron-AD-Kuz-Boogie

And we should be able to funnel our defense a little bit with AD

We gonna be ok
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:26 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
PG asks to be traded to LA, Pritchard asks for ludicrous trade packages with no real desire to accommodate their superstar.

Kawhi asks to be traded to LA, Pop asks for ludicrous trade packages with no real desire to accommodate their superstar.

AD asks to be traded to LA, Demps asks for ludicrous trade packages and aims to sabotage the Lakers season, if it wasn't in the gutter already, with no desire to accommodate their superstar.

PG and Westbrook ask to be traded, OKC deals in good faith with both of the player's desired teams.

Much of that is true; however, The Clips way overpaid for PG13. Presti is being celebrated as a genius, right now.

The CP3/Westbrook trade was less of a "haul", but he still did well to snag a couple of first rounders, especially given that he likely won't have that CP3 albatross contract for long.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
epak wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Does Harden become a spot up jumpshooter or does Westbrook? I mean, talk about two players that absolutely need the ball in their hands.

I dont get Harden man.

He's 41.4% on c&s 3s. But he only takes them at a freq of 3.7%. How moronic. Guess what his freq on pull up 3s are.... 49.4% on 36.3% 3fg%.

And do you know what his wide open 3s are at? 46.1%!!!!

One would assume Harden should spot up more.
But something tells me he will NOT. What a moron.

The only other playmaker on the team was CP3, who missed 24 games each of the last two seasons. And when he plays the coach staggers their minutes to always have a playmaker on the court at all times. His iso scoring numbers in the regular season are amongst the most efficient in basketball, so that's why he has the ball so much.

This is like drinking salt water and trying to pass it off as 7UP.

The fit should be interesting. Let's see how long Harden agrees to play "off ball."

It’s gonna be interesting since both are ball dominant. Maybe Pringles will scatter their minutes mostly then one get the ball and initiate the offense based on matchup in the 4th quarter.

Westbrook will have his one man fast break in like 5 seconds or less. But I think he has more energy on the defensive end now with Harden sharing the load.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:27 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

the root of this evil is Greg Popovich. him and his disciples have more fond of screwing the Lakers than benefiting their own teams.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:28 am    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

Much of that is true; however, The Clips way overpaid for PG13. Presti is being celebrated as a genius, right now.

The CP3/Westbrook trade was less of a "haul", but he still did well to snag a couple of first rounders, especially given that he likely won't have that CP3 albatross contract for long.

I think the sheer speed of the transaction shows the good faith dealing between the parties. It took what, less than a week to get PG traded. Lakers? The deals get leaked minute by minute (and some of the blame obviously on Magic) and dragged out for months to no avail.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Aminu gone . Best player on that list

He is nowhere close to the best player on that list. Lol
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
UKUGA wrote:
Edit: I'm 100% convinced that CP3 gets traded.

I think Presti may have outsmarted himself, but we shall see. Thankfully, it's not our problem.

After these two trades, I do expect Riley to be more cautious with Presti.

Riley is always more cautious.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

I dont get the Presti and Morey are geniuses narrative, neither have ever won anything and continually fail with and eventually lose with All Star talent
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PRLakeShow wrote:

Amazing. Pull the trigger quickly too

The name “Lakers” really creates emotional reactions, but most of it is probably from the ownership groups of those teams, outside of petty pop.

All these GMs don’t really care, they move almost as much as players do.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:32 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

the root of this evil is Greg Popovich. him and his disciples have more fond of screwing the Lakers than benefiting their own teams.

I didn't realize they all had a Pop connection. I mean maybe the Lakers might want to consider building a top notch FO and then seed the league with their agents in other FO's as well.

I'd say Silver ought to look into collusion, but yeah, we know that will never happen. God forbid the NBA's cash cow in San Antonio get fined $$ and/or draft picks.
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
UKUGA wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

I think the sheer speed of the transaction shows the good faith dealing between the parties. It took what, less than a week to get PG traded. Lakers? The deals get leaked minute by minute (and some of the blame obviously on Magic) and dragged out for months to no avail.

Good faith? Yes.

Bad trade for Presti? No.

I think Presti had two deals he really wanted to get done. Accordingly, he worked the way he needed to in order to get the deals done.

At the end of the day, once deals are consummated, we learn all sorts of new details.

In many respects, we complain about trades that never happened, as if we knew exactly what deal was on the table.

Lakers discussions get more attention than any other team. Discussions = rumors = misinformation.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject:

Daryl Morey press conference when asked about how WB is CP3 on steroids (literally).

"You need fire to put out a fire." -Morey in Presti "Scared Money Don't Make Money" voice.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:34 am    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
UKUGA wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

Good faith? Yes.

Bad trade for Presti? No.

I think Presti had two deals he really wanted to get done. Accordingly, he worked the way he needed to in order to get the deals done.

At the end of the day, once deals are consummated, we learn all sorts of new details.

In many respects, we complain about trades that never happened, as if we knew exactly what deal was on the table.

Lakers discussions get more attention than any other team. Discussions = rumors = misinformation.

I think some teams see a Lakers trade as a process to embarrass the team. That was Popovich for example. He had 0 intention of trading KL to the Lakers of all teams but was more than happy to embarrass them IMO.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:34 am    Post subject:

Congrats to Sam Presti for drafting 3 MVPs and squeezing one Finals appearance out of it. They’re all gone now without a single star coming back in return. I’m sure he has some Mobb Deep lyrics to quote that illustrate how this was his plan all along.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:35 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

Not sure if Pritchard and Popovich are connected but I know Demps came from Spurs and the fact that Magic already emptied everything sans Lebron and still walk away shows you they must hated our team so bad with all the Ls they took for Kobe.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:35 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
I dont get the Presti and Morey are geniuses narrative, neither have ever won anything and continually fail with and eventually lose with All Star talent

Morey, in particular, has been a great salesman of his own legend. He's prominent at all the analytics conferences and has built good relations with all the media people, so he gets the hype.

I think Presti's rep is living off having picked 3 hall of famers in consecutive drafts, as opposed to losing all of those hall of famers, two of them within a few years of making the conference finals.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject:

I wonder how the new CP3-Schroeder-aquaman State Farm ad would look like
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Congrats to Sam Presti for drafting 3 MVPs and squeezing one Finals appearance out of it. They’re all gone now without a single star coming back in return. I’m sure he has some Mobb Deep lyrics to quote that illustrate how this was his plan all along.

I'm sure with his draft picks he will in succession, draft 3 HOFers like he did with KD/WB/Harden.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:

Not sure if Pritchard and Popovich are connected but I know Demps came from Spurs and the fact that Magic already emptied everything sans Lebron and still walk away shows you they must hated our team so bad with all the Ls they took for Kobe.

"After a year working outside of basketball, Pritchard became the coach and general manager of the Kansas City Knights of the ABA, which he led to a championship in 2002. Later, he was hired by San Antonio Spurs general manager R. C. Buford to be a scout in the Spurs' organization, and two years later was hired by the Portland Trail Blazers as director of player personnel."
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:43 am    Post subject:

if ESPN can take off their Laker hating glasses and doing some real reporting, they should come up with a 30/30 documentary on how OKC Thunders had lost Harden, KD, Westbrook.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3570, 3571, 3572 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3571 of 8560
Jump to: