OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3578, 3579, 3580 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
chicago over ny is definitely a hot take if you ask me

do agree: re the weather for the most part though (summers in NY are especially awful)

Just difference of opinion, not a hot take. I've spent approx 2 weeks in both cities knowing locals in each.

Brooklyn is certainly on the up and up though. I went to NY, stayed in the LES and the dumbo area only a few months ago.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

do agree: re the weather for the most part though (summers in NY are especially awful)

Ever spent summer time in Chicago? It is pretty nasty also.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

Just difference of opinion, not a hot take. I've spent approx 2 weeks in both cities knowing locals in each.

Brooklyn is certainly on the up and up though. I went to NY, stayed in the LES and the dumbo area only a few months ago.

Deep dish vs thin crust pizza?
InB4 someone says: "deep dish isn't pizza!"
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1149762753617252352
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject:

I've always liked Jared Dudley lol...

Harrison Faigen

@hmfaigen
·
2m

Jared Dudley just said that his return wasn't just about coming back to SoCal, because if the Clippers had offered him he wouldn't have accepted.

He also cited the Lakers' brand, the chance to play with LeBron and AD, and the chance to compete for a title as factors.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject:

I can't wait for Jared Dudley to go at it with PBev.

Quote:

InB4 someone says: "deep dish isn't pizza!

Both are great... I think I like thin crust better because it's just so hard to each that much deep dish.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
To me it's cleaner and the people are nicer (and I don't mind people being matter of fact/blunt in NY).

it is funny that you mention that....in a weird twisted way, some of that is what make Chicago blah to me. You stumble out of the hotel in the morning, cross the street to a breakfast spot in Chicago....and Flo is like "Where you guys from? Coffee? The Gravy and Biscuits is good, and how do you like your eggs?" I grew up in the country, and it just is not unique to me....but you stumble out of your hotel in Manhattan to a deli, walk up to the counter, and it is clear the man or woman behind the counter is not into recommendations and you will likely be taking your eggs how ever they feel like giving them to you...and they could care less where you are from or where you are going." As a kid that grew up in the hills and never traveled out of the South much when younger....that is just unique, real....like TV (bleep). Also, at nighttime, Chicago is a ghost town and you have to go out into the neighborhoods to find good bars, etc....doesn't matter where you are staying in NYC....any time of the night/morning, you walk out of the hotel lobby and the city is moving....there is a heartbeat.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

Super Mega Team wrote:
I can't wait for Jared Dudley to go at it with PBev.

Quote:

InB4 someone says: "deep dish isn't pizza!

Both are great... I think I like thin crust better because it's just so hard to each that much deep dish.

I'm going deep dish. It's true that 1 large slice feels like a whole dinner, but I'm fine with having a lot of leftovers. There's a place near where I live, in Placentia, that serves up real Chicago-style deep dish, and a large pizza (8 slices) with 1 topping comes to about 28 bucks...but it's well worth it! As I said, one slice feels like a meal.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Quote:
Last 5 seasons

Harden #1 in Usage Rate

Westbrook #2 in Usage Rate

https://twitter.com/ralph_masonjr/status/1149577973906862080?s=21

This is going to be so much fun to watch
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Last 5 seasons

Harden #1 in Usage Rate

I believe one or the other has led the league in turnovers as well. Lol
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
To me it's cleaner and the people are nicer (and I don't mind people being matter of fact/blunt in NY).

it is funny that you mention that....in a weird twisted way, some of that is what make Chicago blah to me. You stumble out of the hotel in the morning, cross the street to a breakfast spot in Chicago....and Flo is like "Where you guys from? Coffee? The Gravy and Biscuits is good, and how do you like your eggs?" I grew up in the country, and it just is not unique to me....but you stumble out of your hotel in Manhattan to a deli, walk up to the counter, and it is clear the man or woman behind the counter is not into recommendations and you will likely be taking your eggs how ever they feel like giving them to you...and they could care less where you are from or where you are going." As a kid that grew up in the hills and never traveled out of the South much when younger....that is just unique, real....like TV (bleep). Also, at nighttime, Chicago is a ghost town and you have to go out into the neighborhoods to find good bars, etc....doesn't matter where you are staying in NYC....any time of the night/morning, you walk out of the hotel lobby and the city is moving....there is a heartbeat.

This is what I like about being in Vegas.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

InB4 someone says: "deep dish isn't pizza!"

just two different experiences....Chicago Pizza is a dinner situation....have to sit down at a table like a real meal...best with a cold bottle of beer.....NYC corner pizza is best with a cold drink in a paper cup with the generic Pepsi logo, and you can fold that bad boy and keep on moving.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

Super Mega Team wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:
Michael Lee
@MrMichaelLee

An interesting detail that I discovered while reporting on this piece with @BDawsonWrites is Russ' attraction to HOU - his top choice - went beyond relationship with James: He's also intrigued by playing in Mike D'Antoni's system, in space & with shooters

That's the one nugget that gets my attention. The possibility of MikeD getting Westbrook to be efficient. Scary if it happens.

The best part is Houston fans doing a complete 180 on Russ. Fandom is great.

It's like Morey being a vegan for 20 years and then just saying, F it, let's go to Peter Luger's.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ChickenStu wrote:

Harrison Faigen

@hmfaigen
·
2m

Jared Dudley just said that his return wasn't just about coming back to SoCal, because if the Clippers had offered him he wouldn't have accepted.

He also cited the Lakers' brand, the chance to play with LeBron and AD, and the chance to compete for a title as factors.

Stu, you will like this one...

https://twitter.com/karrikuzma/status/1149767563389411329?s=21
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

I'm going deep dish. It's true that 1 large slice feels like a whole dinner, but I'm fine with having a lot of leftovers. There's a place near where I live, in Placentia, that serves up real Chicago-style deep dish, and a large pizza (8 slices) with 1 topping comes to about 28 bucks...but it's well worth it! As I said, one slice feels like a meal.

Tony's? Place is good.

adkindo wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:

The night life wins in NYC, I agree. City is always alive, Times Square is bustling full of energy.

There's equally good craft cocktails bars in both cities. Food is great in both cities.

I prefer Chicago as I would probably live there over NY (can I escape the winters and summers though?) My background is a dude who's live in Southern California almost my entire life (up until a couple months ago and has done enough of the party scene (LA/Vegas).
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:

You my friend are a masochist.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Last 5 seasons

Harden #1 in Usage Rate

[Harden and WB in team meeting, as both are standing on a table]: don't you fools even think about taking a shot. Y'all are here to rebound and defend. You have the ball? Find one of us and get back to rebounding.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:
Michael Lee
@MrMichaelLee

An interesting detail that I discovered while reporting on this piece with @BDawsonWrites is Russ' attraction to HOU - his top choice - went beyond relationship with James: He's also intrigued by playing in Mike D'Antoni's system, in space & with shooters

That's the one nugget that gets my attention. The possibility of MikeD getting Westbrook to be efficient. Scary if it happens.

It's like Morey being a vegan for 20 years and then just saying, F it, let's go to Peter Luger's.

Damn it Peter Luger's. I went twice this year. #notvegan

I think Westbrook in Houston will be fun but I would of have tried for going for a couple of smaller contracts vs. CP3's.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Harrison Faigen

@hmfaigen
·
2m

You're right, I do! And you have idiots like Will Cain who said that Kawhi now "runs LA" lol. I really hate trolls.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Tony's? Place is good.

adkindo wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:

The night life wins in NYC, I agree. City is always alive, Times Square is bustling full of energy.

There's equally good craft (bleep) bars in both cities. Food is great in both cities.

I prefer Chicago as I would probably live there over NY (can I escape the winters and summers though?) My background is a dude who's live in Southern California almost my entire life (up until a couple months ago and has done enough of the party scene (LA/Vegas).

Yes, Tony's! It's so fantastic. I take a large pie home and the thing is heavy! Seriously, one slice is a full dinner. Gotta eat it with a fork! And even the leftover slices heated up taste incredible.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:
Michael Lee
@MrMichaelLee

Damn it Peter Luger's. I went twice this year. #notvegan

I think Westbrook in Houston will be fun but I would of have tried for going for a couple of smaller contracts vs. CP3's.

Right now Morey is ripping up all his precious analytics charts and reformatting his precious computers. He's shaving his head, joining the Crips, and rolling up a blunt in his office.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:

You my friend are a masochist.

I just think I relate more the the dude behind the counter....we both understand our entire relationship begins and ends with that bacon, egg and cheese sandwich and my $5.....so why waste the energy to telling Flo I am from WV or live in FL....so then she can tell me her niece lives in WV, and it is so pretty, etc. etc. as if that somehow connects us?
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Harrison Faigen

@hmfaigen
·
2m

You're right, I do! And you have idiots like Will Cain who said that Kawhi now "runs LA" lol. I really hate trolls.

Battle for LA? If you think you run the city, try throwing out the first pitch as a Clippers fan at a Dodgers game and see the fan reaction.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Harrison Faigen

@hmfaigen
·
2m

Battle for LA? If you think you run the city, try throwing out the first pitch as a Clippers fan at a Dodgers game and see the fan reaction.

Kawhi probably get 60% boos, 20% "eh" and 20% golf claps.

Paul George? 100% boos.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Harrison Faigen

@hmfaigen
·
2m

I mean, I can be honest. The Clippers do have fans. We have millions and millions of people in this general area, so it's not like they don't have fans. It's just that the Laker fans dwarf them. Absolutely dwarf them. The Lakers are woven into the fabric of communities here. So when people talk like Cain, they either are outright trolling, or they have absolutely NO idea of what the dynamic is here.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3578, 3579, 3580 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3579 of 8560
Jump to: