OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3615, 3616, 3617 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject:

why on earth would you want someone like Covington playing center? he is one of the premier defenders in the NBA when it comes to defending guards and wings. you dont waste that elite skillset by having him get muscled around on centers.
and I am at a lost to why this is still discussed. Since Covington is not on the market you would have to give the TWolves an overwhelming offer to trade for him.... more than just Kuzma + filler.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject:

screwhead728 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Not gonna lie, Giannis is my favorite non Lakers player. Him joining AD in 2021...good lord. (But I don't know if I want to go through another Kawhi level FA troll job).

I see Giannis staying in Milwaukee the rest of his career, or at least, another 4-5 years.

I think he resigns in Milwaukee....don't even think he is an option.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
why on earth would you want someone like Covington playing center? he is one of the premier defenders in the NBA when it comes to defending guards and wings. you dont waste that elite skillset by having him get muscled around on centers.
and I am at a lost to why this is still discussed. Since Covington is not on the market you would have to give the TWolves an overwhelming offer to trade for him.... more than just Kuzma + filler.

one of the best 3&D role players in the league....a league that is scarce of good 3&D small forward role players....for that reason alone, he is very valuable and will require a very good return to move.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:

I have a preference of playing "players" where they have a demonstrated strength. If a players a SF, let him play SF unless there is an immediate need to fill a void.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

one of the best 3&D role players in the league....a league that is scarce of good 3&D small forward role players....for that reason alone, he is very valuable and will require a very good return to move.

on an awesome contract
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
screwhead728 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Not gonna lie, Giannis is my favorite non Lakers player. Him joining AD in 2021...good lord. (But I don't know if I want to go through another Kawhi level FA troll job).

I see Giannis staying in Milwaukee the rest of his career, or at least, another 4-5 years.

Most likely. But maybe...look at how many all NBA players have changed teams the past 3 years.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

You sure you want BV in your avatar? Lol
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
screwhead728 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If he doesn't make a Finals, I could see him leaving.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
adkindo wrote:
screwhead728 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yea me too. Curious to what happens the next couple years with them.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

I see "Robert Covington: Small Ball Center?" has replaced "Minorities and Houston Golf Courses" as the free-agent topic of this week.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
adkindo wrote:
screwhead728 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

honestly, not much of a fan of this mentality....dude is the best player on a high priced talented team.....so if they do not make the finals, the team and fans are "punished"? I know what you are saying....and it makes sense in the current environment....just not a fan of it.
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
adkindo wrote:
screwhead728 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Just wait until Bledsoe disappears in the playoffs making him realize how much he misses Brogdon, then when the team doesn't spend next off-season and he has to shoulder the load AGAIN, we could be in business.
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
I see "Robert Covington: Small Ball Center?" has replaced "Minorities and Houston Golf Courses" as the free-agent topic of this week.

I'm still surprised the CP3 buyout nonsense lasted as long as it did.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I do fear that the Clips will be in the mix for Iggy too.

However, PG/KL do not seem to be the type of guys who are widely loved in the NBA like LBJ/AD are. Could be interesting b/c Clips have more $ they can offer too.

I have a hard time seeing the Grizzlies just waiving him and giving him away for nothing when there's so much interest in the guy. I could see them holding onto him until the trade deadline, since injuries and team situations could make some club trade for him.
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

I’m in the big minority here but I wouldn’t mind Dwight signing. Having him as an insurance asset in case Cousins goes down again + taking him away from the Clippers, plus he’d come for cheap.

That said, I don’t think the Lakers would sign him.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

However, PG/KL do not seem to be the type of guys who are widely loved in the NBA like LBJ/AD are. Could be interesting b/c Clips have more $ they can offer too.

who is Iggy close to personally? I am always surprised at who are actually friends off the court....it is not often who I would have expected. For example, I had no idea Kyrie and Durant were close until the All Star break....and I read Lebron and Westbrook were nearly connected at the waist for about a month in LA this summer.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
honestly, not much of a fan of this mentality....dude is the best player on a high priced talented team.....so if they do not make the finals, the team and fans are "punished"?

It's not about punishing the team or the fans, of course. In general, NBA stars are indifferent to the jersey they wear and the fans that root for that jersey. They only care about how the situation benefits them.
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

who is Iggy close to personally? I am always surprised at who are actually friends off the court....it is not often who I would have expected. For example, I had no idea Kyrie and Durant were close until the All Star break....and I read Lebron and Westbrook were nearly connected at the waist for about a month in LA this summer.

Not sure about players, though he seems to maintain a good relationship with Pelinka. And I would hope that us having two of his former Warrior teammates would help our case.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Apparently Pelinka.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Apparently Pelinka.

and Kobe
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Apparently Pelinka.

sure, but I bet there are a handful of players that he is tight with....everyone seems to have their banana boat crew.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject:

@yinoma....noticed your signature....you do not expect Cousins to start?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't think that matters much. NBA players don't seem to prioritize playing with their best buds unless their best buds provide the kind of playing environment they'd want even if they weren't close to them.

If Iggy becomes a free agent -- which is a big if -- it's anyone's guess which team he'd choose.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
adkindo wrote:
screwhead728 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

honestly, not much of a fan of this mentality....dude is the best player on a high priced talented team.....so if they do not make the finals, the team and fans are "punished"? I know what you are saying....and it makes sense in the current environment....just not a fan of it.

Problem is, Bucks ownership was too cheap to keep Brogdon. They actually got worse this year. He was arguably their 2nd most important player at times. The contract he got wasn't too bad, worse case you trade it.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:05 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
adkindo wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
adkindo wrote:
screwhead728 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Problem is, Bucks ownership was too cheap to keep Brogdon. They actually got worse this year. He was arguable their 2nd most important player at times. The contract he got wasn't too bad, worse case you trade it.

Really didn’t understand then not bringing him back. And in his prime as well
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3615, 3616, 3617 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3616 of 8560
Jump to: