OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3617, 3618, 3619 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Who here is still mad the media falsely ethered the front office over the whole cap situation?
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Who here is still mad the media falsely ethered the front office over the whole cap situation?

I am.

So did a few naysayers and unbelievers on here too! They should all be burned at the stake!

(I kid about the burning and the stake, ofc. I'm playing a medieval game and staying in theme.)

Last edited by LAL1947 on Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

So did a few naysayers and unbelievers on here too! They should all be burned at the stake!

(I kid about the burning and the stake, ofc. I'm playing a medieval game and staying in theme.)

It had me going for a minute too.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
I see "Robert Covington: Small Ball Center?" has replaced "Minorities and Houston Golf Courses" as the free-agent topic of this week.

HAHAHAHA!
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject:

yeah, that whole cap space thing was so ridiculous.. i wasnt sure about a lot this off season but i was pretty confident that was never true from the very beginning.. rob is an extremely intelligent guy as much as many fans or the media like to pretend he's not. that rebound he did after kawhi chose the clippers was pretty epic considering how deep we were already in fa. besides the kcp contract i have liked every signing and see some actual vision to the roster makeup instead of just a collection of guys that you hope for the best like last season.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

My only complaint is, the Lakers gave up so much draft compensation wise, the deal being delayed should have been apart of the agreement. Don't want to wait? Cool but you dont get the right to defer picks which was/is unheard of to begin with.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Things are good
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

My only complaint is, the Lakers gave up so much draft compensation wise, the deal being delayed should have been apart of the agreement. Don't want to wait? Cool but you dont get the right to defer picks which was/is unheard of to begin with.

agreed. The Lakers should have been able to drive a better bargain. Before the trade went down most thought fair trade value was BI+Ball+#4 and then maybe another 1st rounder. But we gave up so much more than that. At the very least that trade should have included an handshake 30 day agreement as well as a 2nd rounder or 2 back to us.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

I've completely stopped watching and listening to ESPN and I'm not visiting this place as much.

I'm done with Magic and whole Pelinka and the front office isn't free of past blame, I'm glad it's over and see we can focus on basketball
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:22 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

agreed. The Lakers should have been able to drive a better bargain. Before the trade went down most thought fair trade value was BI+Ball+#4 and then maybe another 1st rounder. But we gave up so much more than that. At the very least that trade should have included an handshake 30 day agreement as well as a 2nd rounder or 2 back to us.

Before that dude who said yes to the clippers said yes to the clippers...there were reports on SSR that all teams agreed to give the Lakers more time if needed.

And there is this whole thing about deals that delay the date can't be submitted to the league office to hold the trade until X day for execution.

AND there's this whole thing that we got the best player in the trade, a top 3 player in the game today, and a proven cornerstone for the Franchise for 3 good potential players, one of who is due a big extension after 1 year and none of whom have the potential of the player we got plus the #4 in a 3 player draft and 2 future picks that won't be above 25.

If that trade falls apart...who's to say a mystery team doesn't swoop in or the Pels take a worse offer out of spite?

Come on man...if your complaint is JHart and a FRP, are you really advocating that we risk imploding a championship move over those 2 assets?

We got AD...that was the cost of getting AD...and because we got AD we are favored to win the Championship next year after missing the POs for 6 or 7 straight years.

Come on man...

#BannersOverBillboards
cganesh75
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:05 am    Post subject:

We had to do that trade. We couldn’t risk another Pg, #2 situation. We should have traded for him at the last deadline could have used KCP’s or Rondo’s salary. But it is what it is. Imagine this, we could have ended up with the same team and overpaid butler or traded for some other junk. We have a very good team.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:09 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Man, if we didn't secure AD, Jerry West could throw the same PG13 package to Griffins and undercut us (prob would throw Shamet in there as sweetener)
PostMalone24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:30 am    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

I've completely stopped watching and listening to ESPN and I'm not visiting this place as much.

I'm done with Magic and whole Pelinka and the front office isn't free of past blame, I'm glad it's over and see we can focus on basketball

^
Pretty much, funny thing is though if we would of gotten Kawhi, I would have been watching ESPN, and listening to Podcasts everyday looooooool
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:52 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Before that dude who said yes to the clippers said yes to the clippers...there were reports on SSR that all teams agreed to give the Lakers more time if needed.

And there is this whole thing about deals that delay the date can't be submitted to the league office to hold the trade until X day for execution.

AND there's this whole thing that we got the best player in the trade, a top 3 player in the game today, and a proven cornerstone for the Franchise for 3 good potential players, one of who is due a big extension after 1 year and none of whom have the potential of the player we got plus the #4 in a 3 player draft and 2 future picks that won't be above 25.

If that trade falls apart...who's to say a mystery team doesn't swoop in or the Pels take a worse offer out of spite?

Come on man...if your complaint is JHart and a FRP, are you really advocating that we risk imploding a championship move over those 2 assets?

We got AD...that was the cost of getting AD...and because we got AD we are favored to win the Championship next year after missing the POs for 6 or 7 straight years.

Come on man...

This. For those of you who think that the Lakers FO does not know how to conduct transactions in accordance with both the CBA and the best interests of the franchise, take a moment to reflect on how idiotic that sounds.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:03 am    Post subject:

Lonzo hasnt been cleared for full basketball activities and Ingram hasnt picked up a basketball since march, I just cant see how any Laker fan is complaining about that trade
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:05 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
Lonzo hasnt been cleared for full basketball activities and Ingram hasnt picked up a basketball since march, I just cant see how any Laker fan is complaining about that trade

yea it's pretty crazy. young players need overly hard working Summers to make leaps.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:07 am    Post subject:

KL/AD scare me much more than KL/PG to be honest.

Thankfully we snagged AD.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KL/AD scare me much more than KL/PG to be honest.

Thankfully we snagged AD.

Lebron
Kawhi
AD

PG

Everybody is severely overrating PG.

Ever since we have entered the Kawhi era , everbody associated with him are being overrated.

Pat Beverly- is not a starting point guard on a championship team, no matter how good his defense is.

Montrez Harrell- is a journeyman big that plays hard and gives good energy. no real skills, just tons of effort.

Lou Williams- i love Lou and his scoring off the bench but, lets not get carried away. He is still a huge liability on defense and can be taken advantage of on that end.

Moe Harkless - nothing special, journeyman wing who will has played on 3 teams alreday in his young career and will probably play on about 3-4 more.

Laundry Shamet - not even worth analyzing.

The Clippers are an overrated team that just has the new car smell. They are the new toy that everybody wants to play with. Soon, they well be thrown into the toy box with every other toy.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:27 am    Post subject:

Clips are going to have to load manage more than the Lakers. PG entering the season injured/recovering. Maybe the remnant players from last season can help keep the ship afloat, but coronating them as #1 in the West while discounting load management/injuries is willful ignorance.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject:

Lakers youth from years of tanking: Kuzma, Caruso then add Cook, Daniels
Lakers max: LeBron, AD

Celtics youth from hoarding picks: Tatum, Brown, Smart
Celtics max: Kemba, Hayward

Nets youth (after bent over by Ainge): Dinwiddie, Allen, LeVert
Nets max: KD, Kyrie

LOL LOL, Buck the Celtics
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
adkindo wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
adkindo wrote:
@yinoma....noticed your signature....you do not expect Cousins to start?

I hope he doesnt. The starting lineup should focus on Lebron-AD dynamic. Let players like Rondo and Cousins play most of their minutes when Lebron and/or AD are not in the game.
And I really hope Vogel has the spine to resist pecking orders.

thought AD was pretty clear in his press conference that we wants to play the #4....so I assume Cousins will at least start the game....or McGee?

let Mcgee start, Cousins come off bench to be fresh against other teams second units.
AD at the 5 should be our ace in the hole death lineup we use occasionally during the regular season to keep AD fresh and roll out in full force during the playoffs.

Cousins provides shooting from beyond the arc. In 3 of the past 4 years he's shot over 35% from 3. With McGee you have a similar problem as last year with the lane clogged.

That 4th year was the post-Achilles Cousins that we have
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:41 am    Post subject:

Kawhi is overrated too he benefited from LeBron not being in the playoffs to being hyped as THE GUY but look at how superior LeBrons #s where in 2018 Playoffs and if Vanvleet and Siakim didnt have a couple big games in the Finals the raptors lose to GS with them missing KD going back further if Embiid would have played in the post in the 4th Qtr they get knocked out in the 2nd rd
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:43 am    Post subject:

honestly the best strategy we have is playing Lebron 65-68 games and getting that 18' playoffs Bron..... it can still be in him if we give him the right rest. AD has to play 75, and Boog and Kuz have to have really good years
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

The Lakers asked NO what they wanted and when they got a reply, said ok.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

The Lakers asked NO what they wanted and when they got a reply, said ok.

And if Jerry West throw the PG13 package to Griffin while we're playing hardball then what
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3617, 3618, 3619 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3618 of 8560
Jump to: