OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3640, 3641, 3642 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Looks like Ben Simmons is working on his long range shots this summer

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1876986

They all look good in pick-up games. We'll see.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Houston, we have a problem!

If only we didn’t see these childhood friends that requested to play together actually play together and share the ball for another team....

(now I’m skeptical of the fit since Westbrick can’t shoot and seems to be declining physically)

A lot has changed since then though. Both have won MVPs. Egos have inflated. I don't know how they'll work together but come on man, that was a lifetime ago. Well... 7 years is not a lifetime but it feels like it.

Their egos inflated to the point where they chose to play together?

I don’t know how they will work since one keeps regressing as a shooter, but I don’t see any issues as far as sharing with each other.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Houston, we have a problem!

If only we didn’t see these childhood friends that requested to play together actually play together and share the ball for another team....

(now I’m skeptical of the fit since Westbrick can’t shoot and seems to be declining physically)

A lot has changed since then though. Both have won MVPs. Egos have inflated. I don't know how they'll work together but come on man, that was a lifetime ago. Well... 7 years is not a lifetime but it feels like it.

Their egos inflated to the point where they chose to play together?

I don’t know how they will work since one keeps regressing as a shooter, but I don’t see any issues as far as sharing with each other.

The problems will come against good teams in tight games in the 4th quarter, especially in the playoffs. Westbrook always goes hero mode in those situations and it's usually to the detriment of the team. I don't see Harden taking kindly to that.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:28 am    Post subject:

Any news about Iggy?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Any news about Iggy?

Still a Grizzly and likely will be until someone gives them a good offer.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Any news about Iggy?

I’m at the gym and they had a report on ESPN about Iggy and the Lakers and I got excited before seeing it was Max and Stephen A talking about a bombshell Dave McMenamin report that the Lakers might target Iggy if he gets bought out. It was a good reminder why I avoid these shows like the plague. Also big shoutout to Dave for that scoop. I wonder how hard he had to work his sources for that one.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject:

It seems like the most under appreciated player is Danny Green.
Sure he played for the hated Spurs, but he was a lockdown defender and crucial shot maker for them. He always seem to get a game saving block or make a crucial three pointer. But he was outshined by Duncan and Kawhi.
And on the Raptors much the same thing, but Kawhi got all the press.
Even on this board do not see an Official Danny Green topic.

Even Caruso gets more press. Is he getting old?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
It seems like the most under appreciated player is Danny Green.
Sure he played for the hated Spurs, but he was a lockdown defender and crucial shot maker for them. He always seem to get a game saving block or make a crucial three pointer. But he was outshined by Duncan and Kawhi.
And on the Raptors much the same thing, but Kawhi got all the press.
Even on this board do not see an Official Danny Green topic.

Even Caruso gets more press. Is he getting old?

I'm very excited about Green and his contract (only 2 years). He will get so many wide open looks, and on defense, he'll have AD there protecting the rim.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject:

https://theathletic.com/1086977/2019/07/23/inside-story-los-angeles-la-clippers-pursuit-of-kawhi-leonard-paul-george/

Quote:
“I truly believe that when Magic started telling the media about the meeting he had with Kawhi and Dennis, that sealed the fate of the Lakers,” a person involved in the process told The Athletic. “I think that right there was when Dennis and Kawhi decided we can’t trust the Lakers as an organization. And that was it. I think that was it for them.”
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject:

Magic was a disaster but KL trying to smear him and make him the scapegoat for not coming to the Lakers is sad.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Magic was a disaster but KL trying to smear him and make him the scapegoat for not coming to the Lakers is sad.

It’s such a phony BS justification from the Leonard camp who don’t want to admit they strung along a team they were never going to because they needed the threat. Magic Johnson isn’t a part of our organization and if he’s known for one thing it’s being incapable of keeping his mouth shut. They requested to speak with him knowing this and knowing he isn’t a part of the FO. I’m sure if they spoke to enough former Clippers who don’t work for the team they’d eventually find someone who blabs. Maybe they could have spoken with Blake Griffin.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It’s such a phony BS justification from the Leonard camp who don’t want to admit they strung along a team they were never going to because they needed the threat. Magic Johnson isn’t a part of our organization and if he’s known for one thing it’s being incapable of keeping his mouth shut. They requested to speak with him knowing this and knowing he isn’t a part of the FO. I’m sure if they spoke to enough former Clippers who don’t work for the team they’d eventually find someone who blabs. Maybe they could have spoken with Blake Griffin.

They should have requested a meeting with Adam Levine or Flea instead and said based upon that meeting, they didn't want to join the Lakers.
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

What they did to the Spurs and Pop was sad, what happened here is nothing in comparison.

He was always going to go to the Clippers, you don’t recruit everyone to come join you on the Lakers like he was with the Clippers.
You also don’t meet with Doc in his home while granting the Lakers and Raptors meetings in hotel rooms.

Own the move and stop making up excuses as to why you declined joining the other suitors, fishy to say the least.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:24 am    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

What they did to the Spurs and Pop was sad, what happened here is nothing in comparison.

He was always going to go to the Clippers, you don’t recruit everyone to come join you on the Lakers like he was with the Clippers.
You also don’t meet with Doc in his home while granting the Lakers and Raptors meetings in hotel rooms.

Own the move and stop making up excuses as to why you declined joining the other suitors, fishy to say the least.

Yeah. I'm ok with KL choosing the team he did. He more than earned that right. But to try to scapegoat Magic for not going to the Lakers, come on.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
https://theathletic.com/1086977/2019/07/23/inside-story-los-angeles-la-clippers-pursuit-of-kawhi-leonard-paul-george/

Quote:
“I truly believe that when Magic started telling the media about the meeting he had with Kawhi and Dennis, that sealed the fate of the Lakers,” a person involved in the process told The Athletic. “I think that right there was when Dennis and Kawhi decided we can’t trust the Lakers as an organization. And that was it. I think that was it for them.”

I don't believe Magic had anything to do with it. KL was already working on getting PG to play with him and it was just biding time to make sure it would happen. If the PG trade failed he'd probably be a Raptor.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

How do you know it wasn't the backstabbing Laker FO trying to scapegoat Magic?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

Quote:

I don't believe Magic had anything to do with it. KL was already working on getting PG to play with him and it was just biding time to make sure it would happen. If the PG trade failed he'd probably be a Raptor.

Had we been more savvy, we could have caught wind of Kawhi recruiting KD, Kyrie, Jimmy, and PG. Well, the KD news was out there mainstream.

We should have quickly moved on and maybe PG is still in OKC while Kawhi went solo.

I believe Kawhi used coming to the Lakers as a huge leverage point in discussions to apply pressure to concede whatever he wanted.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

How do you know it wasn't the backstabbing Laker FO trying to scapegoat Magic?

Who is presenting the "inside story of KL's Clips move?" The Lakers?
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

Quote:

Had we been more savvy, we could have caught wind of Kawhi recruiting KD, Kyrie, Jimmy, and PG. Well, the KD news was out there mainstream.

We should have quickly moved on and maybe PG is still in OKC while Kawhi went solo.

I believe Kawhi used coming to the Lakers as a huge leverage point in discussions to apply pressure to concede whatever he wanted.

I don't think any of those names were coming here, most likely the Lakers knew who had genuine interest, and the Lakers did not have the assets to trade for PG. Going after KL was the right move when you are going for it all specially after getting AD. As was mentioned Pelinka already had most of the guys in line if KL didn't go through. Many teams really over payed for mid tier players which will hinder their future. I think Rob did an excellent job, the best to keep the team solvent and very competitive. Now it's up to the coaching staff and the training staff to get these guys to perform at their best.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject:

PG is so lucky, kind of wished he rotted away in OKC. He deserved that.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:

PG is weak minded, it will display with the Clippers as it did when he was with the Pacers. When he faced top superstars (particularly LeBron) he withered away like a dried up Rose.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:

PG is weak minded, it will display with the Clippers as it did when he was with the Pacers. When he faced top superstars (particularly LeBron) he withered away like a dried up Rose.

PG actually played LBJ well when he had that Hibbert/West/Hill/Lance team. Gave the HEAT some trouble.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:

PG actually played LBJ well when he had that Hibbert/West/Hill/Lance team. Gave the HEAT some trouble.

That's when he had Hibbert and West, after that he was a terrible closer could never get the job done.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

And pretty sad of Magic “Superfan” Uncle Dennis to use this excuse.

Like you said, own it and move on.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject:

Magic is a snake that openly wants to buy the Lakers.

Lakers being bottom feeder helps him in buying them. He is not helping recruit anybody

You have to be really stupid (Kawhi) to trust a guy(magic) that quit the job just few months back.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3640, 3641, 3642 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3641 of 8560
Jump to: