OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3662, 3663, 3664 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:47 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Car54 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Cousins stretching the floor with his 27% three point percentage

Sure ignore that he was coming back from a serious injury and the previous seasons he shot 36% 35%37%35%. Webspace is cheap Ventroll you can start Clippersground.net

He is still coming back from injury

Second year back is usually when a player really gets back into form. And don’t set there and act like he didn’t buy into the GS offense and become a cog in the machine. His passing game really is elite. Only center better than him is Jokic

His passing game is good, the Achilles doesn’t affect that.

Being a year removed from the injury being 28 and losing weight should make a big difference. He came back too quickly last year to prove he was able to come back IMO. Let’s see how he looks in training camp.

The troll would make this same argument for someone who isn’t on the Lakers so he’s aware of that he just here to kick dirt on the Lakers.

Tis shocking but true... but LeShannon Sharpe, a Laker bandwagon fan since LeGM joined the team, exhibits more of a Laker fan spirit than a few of the peeps/trolls who post on here.

I'd be surprised if these folks ever played a competitive game in their lives, because if they did, they'd know without it needing to be pointed out, that there's times when you don't have to over analyse everything to death or be a darn constant negative nancy... because it doesn't matter!! There is a certain point when you just go ra-ra-ra (!) because this is your team, the one you support... and you know/believe (rightly or wrongly) that we're going to beat all competition (until we do or we don't)... and this applies whether you're a fan or a player... or you do not have the competitive gene in you.

Well, in this case, its a clippers fan disguised as a "lakerfan" doing the trolling.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:57 am    Post subject:

Sssmush wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
Judah wrote:
2019 wrote:
Villain6Activated wrote:
Bradley/Green/Lebron/Davis/Cousins

Kuzma
McGee
Caruso
Cook
KCP
Dudley
Daniels
Rondo

This really does remind me alot of the 09-10 Lakers. Lebron/AD are the one-two punch like Kobe/Gasol. You have a big team Cousins/Davis/McGee like the 09-10 Lakers were with Bynum/Gasol/Odom. You have Kuzma off the bench in a Lamar Odom type role.

The role players we had in 09-10 were crucial Vujacic, Brown, Ariza, Artest, Fisher, Farmar etc. None of them were really individually great but they came together and did their thing when it mattered the most. If our role players can do that this season, we're the championship favorites IMO.

I think our season, and winning the title, comes down to 2 things, health and our role players staying and/or becoming efficient.

But I agree that should be the starting five. 3 great to elite defenders, shooters in the backcourt, LeBron and AD in the PnR, Cousins ability to spread the floor and play in the post, the AD/Boogie 2 man game, and over course LeBron as the primary playmaker.

That leaves a bench mob of McGee/Kuzma/KCP/Cook/Caruso or Rondo

I'm so exacted for this season.

This. All of this.

I think it's a huge stretch to call Bradley's defense "great" or "elite" or anywhere close to those. He is willing, physical, and capable, but he hasn't been highly effective for some years. Hopefully, with better health, the right attitude, and a good defensive scheme, he'll recapture some of his past glory.

I’m hopeful that we will be an important role player with a net positive contribution most of the time on the court.

3 years removed from 1st team all-defense. Will be 29 next season. At worst he can play the Fisher role. If we get the Memphis Bradley then we'll have another pick n roll guard and a shooter. He brings some toughness too. I think he'll be an important piece.

Hello... he meant the 3 elite defenders are AD, Lebron and Danny Green.

oh and by the way, that is a nasty rotation of shooters with Troy Daniels, Quinn Cook and Dudley; not even mentioning Kuzma and KCP.

Like on the stupid Magic-built team, Kuzma was like our go-to shooter, one of the staples of the offense, the guy besides Lebron everyone was hoping could get hot and make some 3s and put points on the board from outside.

Now Kuzma is just an afterthought, the 9th or 10th guy that has to work his way into the rotation and earn minutes. And that's a good thing, it means this Lakers team is deep.

Huh? Nah lol. Kuz is going to be first off the bench. And this team's ceiling drops significantly if he's the 9th or 10th man.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:27 am    Post subject:

On paper, we look like a very good team, but can the players mesh and can the new coach develop a cohesive strategy?

First item, yes I think the guys will play and mesh well.

Second, hopefully Vogel has some good concepts, but I think it takes time to develop.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
On paper, we look like a very good team, but can the players mesh and can the new coach develop a cohesive strategy?

First item, yes I think the guys will play and mesh well.

Second, hopefully Vogel has some good concepts, but I think it takes time to develop.

Agreed, we have a very good team! The Clippers may have an edge if we're looking only at the first 5-6 best players on the squad but our team is deeper, goes 10 deep for the first time in a long time.

Bradley / Cook
Green / KCP
LBJ / Dudley
AD / Kuz
McGee / Boogie

And we still have more pieces to use as needed: Rondo, Caruso, Daniels, Norvell, THT, Holman.

I'd really like us to pick up a defensive SF... hoping we can do a deal for Stanley Johnson in the winter (why him? cos Stanley vs Kawhi)... but for now, I'm excited and can't wait to see what our coaches/players do with this opportunity to contend.
Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Sssmush wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
Judah wrote:
2019 wrote:
Villain6Activated wrote:

Kuzma
McGee
Caruso
Cook
KCP
Dudley
Daniels
Rondo

This really does remind me alot of the 09-10 Lakers. Lebron/AD are the one-two punch like Kobe/Gasol. You have a big team Cousins/Davis/McGee like the 09-10 Lakers were with Bynum/Gasol/Odom. You have Kuzma off the bench in a Lamar Odom type role.

The role players we had in 09-10 were crucial Vujacic, Brown, Ariza, Artest, Fisher, Farmar etc. None of them were really individually great but they came together and did their thing when it mattered the most. If our role players can do that this season, we're the championship favorites IMO.

I think our season, and winning the title, comes down to 2 things, health and our role players staying and/or becoming efficient.

But I agree that should be the starting five. 3 great to elite defenders, shooters in the backcourt, LeBron and AD in the PnR, Cousins ability to spread the floor and play in the post, the AD/Boogie 2 man game, and over course LeBron as the primary playmaker.

This. All of this.

I think it's a huge stretch to call Bradley's defense "great" or "elite" or anywhere close to those. He is willing, physical, and capable, but he hasn't been highly effective for some years. Hopefully, with better health, the right attitude, and a good defensive scheme, he'll recapture some of his past glory.

I’m hopeful that we will be an important role player with a net positive contribution most of the time on the court.

3 years removed from 1st team all-defense. Will be 29 next season. At worst he can play the Fisher role. If we get the Memphis Bradley then we'll have another pick n roll guard and a shooter. He brings some toughness too. I think he'll be an important piece.

oh and by the way, that is a nasty rotation of shooters with Troy Daniels, Quinn Cook and Dudley; not even mentioning Kuzma and KCP.

Like on the stupid Magic-built team, Kuzma was like our go-to shooter, one of the staples of the offense, the guy besides Lebron everyone was hoping could get hot and make some 3s and put points on the board from outside.

Now Kuzma is just an afterthought, the 9th or 10th guy that has to work his way into the rotation and earn minutes. And that's a good thing, it means this Lakers team is deep.

Huh? Nah lol. Kuz is going to be first off the bench. And this team's ceiling drops significantly if he's the 9th or 10th man.

Agreed. Kuz is definitely not an afterthought, he's a core piece of this team.
He really fits LBJ, and if he can get his shooting back to year 1 levels I expect Kuz will be finishing many games at the 4, with AD at the 5. (LBJ at 3, DG at 2, and whatever PG is hot).
The one thing I could see disrupt that is if Cousins returns to form (highly doubtful, though I do believe he can be a tremendous asset for us), that would force Kuz to the bench.

West Point '88
UCLA '92
75th Ranger Regiment '88-'04
Sssmush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Robster8989 wrote:
Judah wrote:
Sssmush wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Super Mega Team wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
Judah wrote:
2019 wrote:
Villain6Activated wrote:

Kuzma
McGee
Caruso
Cook
KCP
Dudley
Daniels
Rondo

This. All of this.

Agreed. Kuz is definitely not an afterthought, he's a core piece of this team.
He really fits LBJ, and if he can get his shooting back to year 1 levels I expect Kuz will be finishing many games at the 4, with AD at the 5. (LBJ at 3, DG at 2, and whatever PG is hot).
The one thing I could see disrupt that is if Cousins returns to form (highly doubtful, though I do believe he can be a tremendous asset for us), that would force Kuz to the bench.

yeah I understand the sentiment but what you say is kind of the point.

Last season Kuzma's shooting cooled off somewhat but the team kept going to him again and again, like if he can just make some shots we can win some games. And KCP was consistently underwhelming, Lonzo couldnt shoot at all and Ingram was more like an iso midrange and rim attacker. So outside of Lebron and some Rondo there often wasnt much shot making fire power and when Kuzma cooled off it was difficult, and also they could defend him.

NOW, having Avery Bradley and Danny Green changes that equation significantly... instead of having Lonzo at PG for instance, night and day in terms of shooting. I mean we tried to sugar coat it but Lonzo was pretty awful as a pg.

Off the bench we have Troy Daniels, who is a legit 3 point shooter with really good career numbers, as well as Quinn Cook who is young and was hitting 3s in heavy playoff rotation for GSW last season. And we got Dudley who can make 3s and hit spot ups. This isnt even mentioning Rondo who is a decent backup pg and has improved shooting, or KCP who is serviceable and might/should be able to out up much better numbers and get more consistent.

So if Kuzma's shot isnt falling the minutes aren't going to be there. If the shot is falling, and evidently the Lakers do like him, above and beyond him just fitting under the salary structure unlike Ingram, then he will gladly get the minutes on a wining team and it's all good.

it's a much better situation than Kuzma needing to be the savior of the team surrounded by a bunch of clunkers.
Sssmush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject:

also Kuzma does not really play or defend like a true 4, so it really doesnt matter if it's him or Daniels or Dudley (or JR Smith?) in there instead in a lot of situations
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject:

lol

Quote:
Free agent Michael Beasley has been suspended five games by the NBA for violating anti-drug policy.

Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject:

How do you get suspended when you're not even in the league?
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject:

You can pretty much see the pendulum of styles for NBA title teams swing back and forth between inside-out teams versus outside-in teams. I define either one as where the team draws its double-teams - down low or out past the mid-range area.

Inside-out? Showtime Lakers, 80s Celtics, mid-90s Rockets, Shaq-Kobe Lakers, multi-decade Spurs, Kobe-Lakers

Outside-in? 80s/90s Pistons, Jordan Bulls, one-shot Pistons, one-shot Mavs, LBJ Heat, LBJ Cavs, 2010s Warriors.

With KD heading East and Klay on the shelf for half of next season, this may be the time that the pendulum swings back to inside-out offense. We've got a three-headed post monster again with AD, LBJ, and DMC, so this could be fun.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Lakers should sign Joe Johnson instead of waiting on Iggy. He has the body type to defend Kawhi and he’s not useless on the offensive end.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Lakers should sign Joe Johnson instead of waiting on Iggy. He has the body type to defend Kawhi and he’s not useless on the offensive end.

The guy is playing in the Big 3 league which is a retirement home for NBA players he is done playing basketball in the NBA.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject:

What about targeting Shaun Livingston? He’s familiar with Cook and Cousins.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject:

The more I think about it, the more I would've preferred Jimmy or Kemba instead of what the Lakers got. I'm happy that the Lakers are going to compete this season, but I would've liked to have some security for the future. Getting Jimmy or Kemba would've pretty much guaranteed AD re-signing, IMO.

There was talk about how their contracts might be bad in the future, but they'll still be younger than LeBron is right now when their contracts end. I think they'll probably be good for most of AD's next contract.

The Lakers might've been able to get enough depth even after a 3rd star. Only Danny Green and KCP make more than the room exception, and I definitely would've been fine with KCP going elsewhere. There were some good bargains out there, even with all of the money that got handed out early in free agency.

It's just a thought. I'm only speculating on who the Lakers could've had. Maybe the Lakers couldn't have gotten Jimmy, Kemba, or the cheap depth that went elsewhere. I also speculate that the Lakers never really had a chance at Kawhi and should've moved on right away, but who knows if that was really the case?

I'm happy that the Lakers are competing this year, and I do think AD is going to re-sign. I think it's very encouraging that Pelinka was in constant contact with AD. Maybe AD wanted the Lakers to wait on Kawhi.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject:

I think if the choice was depth or another superstar (besides Kawhi )
it would be better to get depth.

The Lakers have decent depth this year. And bb is a five man game.
And at least 3 to 5 more good subs to give the starters rest.
So things might have turned out ok.

Next year no contenders will have much cap space to make big moves.
So should be able to keep the core team and add on role players.
Of course, the big key is to resign AD.
But a Demarcus signing may be important also.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:

10 years ago he would've been a great option to defend Kawhi but can he seriously do that now? Dountful or he'd still have a job.
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
How do you get suspended when you're not even in the league?

"How you get fired, on your day off?"
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Car54 wrote:

10 years ago he would've been a great option to defend Kawhi but can he seriously do that now? Dountful or he'd still have a job.

Thabo Selfolosba isn’t the defensive guy he used to be but he’s a way better option to go up against Kawhi then Joe Johnson is.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Car54 wrote:

The guy is playing in the Big 3 league which is a retirement home for NBA players he is done playing basketball in the NBA.

Have you seen him play? No so don’t make that assumption. He’s still a good role player.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

We have enough guards and Joe Johnson is better than him
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Yes he’s still good at defense. No one is gonna lock him down but Joe is strong enough to make him work
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Have you seen him play? No so don’t make that assumption. He’s still a good role player.

Just curious has there been any recent history of Big 3 players going back to the NBA? I know Amare and Monta Ellis have tried going back but so far no luck in finding a home in the NBA.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

We have enough guards and Joe Johnson is better than him

I’m gonna take your word for it
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Thabo Selfolosba isn’t the defensive guy he used to be but he’s a way better option to go up against Kawhi then Joe Johnson is.

False

Player 1 6’7 240 pounds Player 2 6’7 220 pounds which. Player is better equipped to defend Kawhi?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Just curious has there been any recent history of Big 3 players going back to the NBA? I know Amare and Monta Ellis have tried going back but so far no luck in finding a home in the NBA.

I have no idea but being out of the league isn’t an indication of you not being able to play. Melo is currently out are you telling me that there’s 450 players in the nba that’s better than him?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3662, 3663, 3664 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3663 of 8560
Jump to: