OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3668, 3669, 3670 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Bynum
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

If we get a disabled exception, we could go after Noel which would take OKC under the tax line.

The Thunder are shaking up their roster and could make a bunch of moves this year that change their salary situation, so I doubt they'd worry about trading a $1.6 million contract for an exception. If this ends up being an issue they won't have trouble shading $1 million in salary at the deadline.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Royce Young
@royceyoung
On the Thunder signing Justin Patton today, it's a three-year deal worth $5.3m, according to league sources. This year has $700k guaranteed, year two is non-guaranteed and year three has a team option. He brings the roster to 14 and actually puts OKC back over the tax by $921k.

If we get a disabled exception, we could go after Noel which would take OKC under the tax line.

Dr. Clapper said it is a 6-9 month process, June 15 is 10 months from now? Would a Dr. declare that Cousins can't play before that date? I would think so.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Klay Thompson was injured in mid June and is expected back in mid - late February 2020..

Cousins was injured in mid August and a return in early April 2020 is optimistic if his situation is going to be similar to that of Thompson.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Bynum

That's what i am thinking too...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Klay Thompson was injured in mid June and is expected back in mid - late February 2020..

Cousins was injured in mid August and a return in early April 2020 is optimistic if his situation is going to be similar to that of Thompson.

How do you know both situations are comparable?
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

Quote:

I am using the best available information at the moment. Since there hasn't been anything detailed on the severity of the injury and a date scheduled for surgery, a definite timeline won't be available until more information becomes available.

Do you have another recent comparable for a NBA player with an ACL issue?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
this sucks but lets be real, even with a healthy Cousins our very best lineups will have AD at center.

AD doesn't want to play center, he's made that very clear. As clear as LeBron has made that he doesn't want to play power forward.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
this sucks but lets be real, even with a healthy Cousins our very best lineups will have AD at center.

AD doesn't want to play center, he's made that very clear. As clear as LeBron has made that he doesn't want to play power forward.

I believe AD said he would though, if coach needed him to
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Bynum

Elden
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Bynum

Funny...but not serious, obviously....guy hasn't played in like 7 seasons and has glass knees. No thanks.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
MJST wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Does not seem like a good strategy to piss off the free agent that literally holds the franchise hostage in his decision next summer. Especially after he and his agent have both expressed being open to signing elsewhere.

Pelinka needs to find another center of reasonable quality to pair with McGee. Almost comical that the FO squandered potential options in Bryant, Zubac and Wagner to be able to clear space prematurely.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
MJST wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Does not seem like a good strategy to piss off the free agent that literally holds the franchise hostage in his decision next summer. Especially after he and his agent have both expressed being open to signing elsewhere.

Pelinka needs to find another center of reasonable quality to pair with McGee. Almost comical that the FO squandered potential options in Bryant, Zubac and Wagner to be able to clear space prematurely.

Asking a player to fill in where the team needs him most shouldn’t “piss off” the player.
Leaders gotta Lead.
I agree with you about the other centers we had on cheap deals. Smh
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject:

I guess they cut him now?

For an open spot
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The Thunder are shaking up their roster and could make a bunch of moves this year that change their salary situation, so I doubt they'd worry about trading a $1.6 million contract for an exception. If this ends up being an issue they won't have trouble shading $1 million in salary at the deadline.

I rather have a stretch five who can also post up like ZBo we have a rim Runner already in McGee and AD does the same.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
MJST wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Yes but do you really want to do that when he will be entering free agency?
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
MJST wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Asking a player to fill in where the team needs him most shouldn’t “piss off” the player.
Leaders gotta Lead.

Asking Davis when the team needs him and needing him to because of bad planning are different discussions. He has been clear about his preferences.

And to be clear, reportedly he was one of the main proponents of signing Cousins. He wanted a center beside him for a reason. Now he has one on the roster.

I never expected much from Cousins. I always considered him a net negative on the season in contradiction to the continual overly optimistic opinions expressed around here. Never wish anyone injury and hope he recovers from this tough setback.

Just another example of my dissatisfaction with the current paths being taken. Complete hindsight now but how different the center situation would look if they chose to sign Cauley- Stein and kept Wagner over Cousins.
rst08tierney
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject:

D12 just do it mitch..... 😢
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

Following ACL surgery, the standard rehabilitation period for an athlete is 7-9 months. But that's not set in stone. An athlete might come back a little earlier, or might take a few more months. You don't really know until pretty close to when an athlete is ready to return.

So, yeah, if Cousins has surgery right away the standard prediction would be that he could return anytime from mid-March to mid-May. And returning just means he might be able to practice; it doesn't mean he'll be ready to play in games.

Playoff rosters have to be set by April 17. So it's possible that Cousins may still be rehabbing on that date. So the Lakers would have a big decision if they want to burn a roster playoff spot on the hope he'll be ready. (I am sure if a disabled player exception -- if we get one -- would give us an extra spot on the playoff roster in addition to the regular season roster).

The final starts in early June. For him to play in the finals would require him to have the most optimistic recovery.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Spencer Hawes
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Yup, kind of a messed up situation considering Kuzma (who is suppose to be our third best player) also plays power forward. Another problem is, Kuzma with his ability to stretch the floor from the 4 and be a threat..Kuzma seems he would complement AD very well, but unfortunately they play the same position, but maybe one of them will move to the 5. Kind of ridiculous for Kuzma to have to move to the 5 instead of the much bigger and longer AD, just to appease AD.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
MJST wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Leaders gotta Lead.

Asking Davis when the team needs him and needing him to because of bad planning are different discussions. He has been clear about his preferences.

And to be clear, reportedly he was one of the main proponents of signing Cousins. He wanted a center beside him for a reason. Now he has one on the roster.

I never expected much from Cousins. I always considered him a net negative on the season in contradiction to the continual overly optimistic opinions expressed around here. Never wish anyone injury and hope he recovers from this tough setback.

Just another example of my dissatisfaction with the current paths being taken. Complete hindsight now but how different the center situation would look if they chose to sign Cauley- Stein and kept Wagner over Cousins.

Doesn’t the fact that AD wanted Cousins go against your complaints about the team’s decision to sign him? Wouldn’t that be the very definition of trying to make your star happy??
Otherwise, solid points
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Changed my mind on Faried. He’d be a decent pickup, but now I’d rather get Marreese Speights. Bigger than Faried at 6-10, 255 with a 7-6 wingspan, plus an outside shot. Even if he can only give 15-20 mins a game, and 7 and 5 a game, his reach and range could mean he’ll turn out to be solid frontcourt depth.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:31 pm    Post subject:

If Demetrius Jackson is waived or signed to the G-League and we obtain a Disabled Player Exception for Boogie, does that mean we will still have two open roster spots?
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
Changed my mind on Faried. He’d be a decent pickup, but now I’d rather get Marreese Speights. Bigger than Faried at 6-10, 255 with a 7-6 wingspan, plus an outside shot. Even if he can only give 15-20 mins a game, and 7 and 5 a game, his reach and range could mean he’ll turn out to be solid frontcourt depth.

Just watched a highlights clip of Speights' Chinese team vs the Wizards. He looks like he will take and make shots... but I'm not sure if he can make a meaningful contribution in defense or rim protection. Yes, not even what an injured Boogie gave GSW last season. I could be wrong in assuming/thinking that though.

Oh well, it's not like we have a lot to choose from. Here's the list of available centers from Spotrac.

Timofey Mozgov C 33 UFA ORL TBD - - - -
Kosta Koufos C 30 UFA SAC TBD - - - -
Nene Hilario C 37 UFA HOU TBD - - - -
Ekpe Udoh C 31 UFA UTH TBD - - - -
Amir Johnson C 32 UFA PHI TBD - - - -
Zaza Pachulia C 35 UFA DET TBD - - - -
Joakim Noah C 34 UFA MEM TBD - - - -
Salah Mejri C 33 UFA DAL TBD - - - -
Andrew Bogut C 34 UFA GSW TBD - - - -
Isaac Humphries C 21 UFA ATL TBD - - - -
Greg Monroe C 29 UFA PHI TBD - - - -
Tyler Zeller C 29 UFA MEM TBD - - - -
Deyonta Davis C 22 UFA HOU TBD - - - -
Angel Delgado C 24 UFA LAC TBD -

+ Marquese Chriss, who they list as PF.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3668, 3669, 3670 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3669 of 8560
Jump to: