OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3669, 3670, 3671 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:09 am    Post subject:

Mahinmi played well for Vogel in Indiana, especially defensively. They just signed T Bryant and drafted Rui out of Gonzaga. Going to be a rebuild season. Maybe he can get a buyout.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:24 am    Post subject:

Speights failed to be an average defender in his prime...at this point he's probably a sieve
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:18 am    Post subject:

I was really looking forward to the DMC redemption tour. This sucks!

There's no centers available who can stretch the floor like cousins. Dwight can't hit the broad side of a barn from outside, but he's still a load to handle in the post.

coming back to the Lakers would show humbleness to right how he left us in 2013. Playing with lebron will help his career. The wild card is Dwight starts thinking he's right up there with lebron and AD and becomes a complete ass again. I think he's worth the gamble. Just tell him "if you start having delusions of grandeur, you better be dropping 20 and 10 nightly or shut it!"

Other than that, joakim or Greg Monroe. Monroe is, still young, but also has no outside shot. But he also has a lot to prove.
lj12
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:00 am    Post subject:

I'd go after Zaza and just send him to defend leonard when he takes a corner three haha
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:00 am    Post subject:

I know many talked about it last year, but its time for Lebron to play the 5. He could handle most centers. Since he likes to rest on D, it would be perfect because he will not have to run as much (but will have to bang more).
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:04 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I know many talked about it last year, but its time for Lebron to play the 5. He could handle most centers. Since he likes to rest on D, it would be perfect because he will not have to run as much (but will have to bang more).

Lol
I don’t think LeBron would EVER go for that
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:17 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:

Horrible idea IMO. James is a perimeter player. That is where his talents and mentality are best used. He wants to work less not more having to grind out mpg against centers or even active PFs.

Lakers need to a find a couple of usable centers to balance out the roster. The current list of available centers is horrible.

Lakers have backed themselves into a corner. I expect a desperation choice that will backfire even more then I expected the Cousins move to eventually go south. Didn’t expect it to happen so quickly though.

Going to be interesting to see how this gets addressed. FO has some work to do.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:19 am    Post subject:

playing bigman requires more output/stamina than wing. every other possession you have to run to the 3 point line and cover the P&R, then go back in and bang for a board. So you're still running and defending in a stance, then you have to bang
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:41 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
playing bigman requires more output/stamina than wing. every other possession you have to run to the 3 point line and cover the P&R, then go back in and bang for a board. So you're still running and defending in a stance, then you have to bang

Plus he’s way too soft mentally for that life, Honestly.
There’s a reason his most famous defensive plays are chase down blocks.
Sharoon Francis
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:54 am    Post subject:

lj12 wrote:
I'd go after Zaza and just send him to defend leonard when he takes a corner three haha

Wtf is this
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:56 am    Post subject:

How about Salah Mejri??
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:02 am    Post subject:

Sharoon Francis wrote:
lj12 wrote:

Wtf is this

Looks like a joke 😉
Sharoon Francis
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:16 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Sharoon Francis wrote:
lj12 wrote:

Wtf is this

Looks like a joke 😉

Go 'head and make those jokes at the expense of other teams' karma, but not ours.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject:

Charlotte has an overpriced roster and three centers in Zeller, Biyombo and Willy Hernangomez. Zeller has two years on his deal, but the Hornets could buyout Biyombo to save a little coin (in theory, they could also trade Willy into a Boogie DPE).

Bizmack played two years for Vogel in Orlando and could provide some defensive value.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject:

Quote:
[John Ireland] “I talked to one Lakers source who said it is imperative they have to find another big.” One name I just heard that was just mentioned, and I don’t know how much of a possibility this is, is Alexis Ajinça ...”

Not the option we want to hear
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Horrible idea IMO. James is a perimeter player. That is where his talents and mentality are best used. He wants to work less not more having to grind out mpg against centers or even active PFs.

Lakers need to a find a couple of usable centers to balance out the roster. The current list of available centers is horrible.

Lakers have backed themselves into a corner. I expect a desperation choice that will backfire even more then I expected the Cousins move to eventually go south. Didn’t expect it to happen so quickly though.

Well, I think we just need LJ for spot duty at the 5. Nobody is saying he would not be a perimeter player. Offensively, his game does not change one IOTA. Defensively is where it changes. Vogel does not run a switch D, so LJ can rest on D (which is what he did anyways when he decided to get back on D). There are countess articles talking about him playing the 5 last year (which he was agreeable to). In fact, he said he can be the next Draymond. I also think the game would be less demanding for him at the 5 considering he would run much less and the lack of imposing 5's in the league. Again, this is spot duty. He can surely give us 5-7 minutes at the 5.

I found this chart and I thought it was interesting. It shows the amount of running on both sides of the ball for players.

https://stats.nba.com/players/speed-distance/?sort=DIST_FEET&dir=1
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:07 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Well, I think we just need LJ for spot duty at the 5. Nobody is saying he would not be a perimeter player. Offensively, his game does not change one IOTA. Defensively is where it changes. Vogel does not run a switch D, so LJ can rest on D (which is what he did anyways when he decided to get back on D). There are countess articles talking about him playing the 5 last year (which he was agreeable to). In fact, he said he can be the next Draymond. I also think the game would be less demanding for him at the 5 considering he would run much less and the lack of imposing 5's in the league. Again, this is spot duty. He can surely give us 5-7 minutes at the 5.

I found this chart and I thought it was interesting. It shows the amount of running on both sides of the ball for players.

https://stats.nba.com/players/speed-distance/?sort=DIST_FEET&dir=1

It’s not about the amount of running.
James does not give much real effort on defense any longer. He could Never have Draymond level impact, Lol.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Klay Thompson was injured in mid June and is expected back in mid - late February 2020..

Cousins was injured in mid August and a return in early April 2020 is optimistic if his situation is going to be similar to that of Thompson.

How do you know both situations are comparable?

You asked me a question and I responded.
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Klay Thompson was injured in mid June and is expected back in mid - late February 2020..

Cousins was injured in mid August and a return in early April 2020 is optimistic if his situation is going to be similar to that of Thompson.

Quote:

I am using the best available information at the moment. Since there hasn't been anything detailed on the severity of the injury and a date scheduled for surgery, a definite timeline won't be available until more information becomes available.

Do you have another recent comparable for a NBA player with an ACL issue?

In my response to you, I had a question in return for you. As far as I can tell, you have yet to respond to me. If I had ignored you, then I could understand why you are ignoring me. Since I responded to you, a response from you to me is a reasonable expectation.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

You asked me a question and I responded.
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

Quote:

I am using the best available information at the moment. Since there hasn't been anything detailed on the severity of the injury and a date scheduled for surgery, a definite timeline won't be available until more information becomes available.

Do you have another recent comparable for a NBA player with an ACL issue?

In my response to you, I had a question in return for you. As far as I can tell, you have yet to respond to me. If I had ignored you, then I could understand why you are ignoring me. Since I responded to you, a response from you to me is a reasonable expectation.

There is nothing to really responde to because I am hoping you are right and that Cousins can return next year at some point like Klay is.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Sharoon Francis wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Sharoon Francis wrote:
lj12 wrote:

Wtf is this

Looks like a joke 😉

Go 'head and make those jokes at the expense of other teams' karma, but not ours.

Oh for ffs.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject:

I'm down to sign Dwight Howard.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Its emparative that we sign a stretch 5. Seems like its slim pickens. Spencer Hawes shot 45% from 3 on high volume in 9 games in the Dleague. Could be worth a look.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject:

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/cr8jf9/bynum_went_to_docs_barber/

For those who want to sign Andrew Bynum... he doesn’t look like a NBA player anymore but more like a Anime character.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject:

I'm trying to understand why anyone would seriously be suggesting Bynum.. Couldn't believe I was seeing his name in here as often as I was.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:
Changed my mind on Faried. He’d be a decent pickup, but now I’d rather get Marreese Speights. Bigger than Faried at 6-10, 255 with a 7-6 wingspan, plus an outside shot. Even if he can only give 15-20 mins a game, and 7 and 5 a game, his reach and range could mean he’ll turn out to be solid frontcourt depth.

Just watched a highlights clip of Speights' Chinese team vs the Wizards. He looks like he will take and make shots... but I'm not sure if he can make a meaningful contribution in defense or rim protection. Yes, not even what an injured Boogie gave GSW last season. I could be wrong in assuming/thinking that though.

Oh well, it's not like we have a lot to choose from. Here's the list of available centers from Spotrac.

Timofey Mozgov C 33 UFA ORL TBD - - - -
Kosta Koufos C 30 UFA SAC TBD - - - -
Nene Hilario C 37 UFA HOU TBD - - - -
Ekpe Udoh C 31 UFA UTH TBD - - - -
Amir Johnson C 32 UFA PHI TBD - - - -
Zaza Pachulia C 35 UFA DET TBD - - - -
Joakim Noah C 34 UFA MEM TBD - - - -
Salah Mejri C 33 UFA DAL TBD - - - -
Andrew Bogut C 34 UFA GSW TBD - - - -
Isaac Humphries C 21 UFA ATL TBD - - - -
Greg Monroe C 29 UFA PHI TBD - - - -
Tyler Zeller C 29 UFA MEM TBD - - - -
Deyonta Davis C 22 UFA HOU TBD - - - -
Angel Delgado C 24 UFA LAC TBD -

+ Marquese Chriss, who they list as PF.

No Deng?

Old ass Bogut might be the best defender of the bunch.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3669, 3670, 3671 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3670 of 8560
Jump to: