OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3698, 3699, 3700 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:08 am    Post subject:

I'm starting to feel like Iggy is not a possibility.

Clips can trade Mo/Robinson for him (a windfall for Memphis if that happens).

Houston has a full MLE to offer (can make a Memphis buyout around 11m instead of 15m if the Lakers pay Iggy the minimum).

Portland has all its 1st rounders, a gaping hole at SF, and salary matching players (i.e. Bazemore on an expiring).
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject:

The Clippers can have Iggy. They are already as soft as puppy shiittz underneath. This will only make them weaker.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:08 am    Post subject:

LG.com posters of questionable basketball acumen who often question your fandom for questioning their stupid takes about the Lakers then making even stupider posts about other NBA teams and players...?

You love to see it.
jankobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

If NBA grants us DPE then we have 1 slot open. Then we can add 1 more if we cut Troy Daniels (the weakest link).

What do you think adding 2 from DWade, Melo, Noah & Iggy (if bought out)...

Its definitely an upgrade having any 2 of the 3 mentioned.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject:

jankobe wrote:
If NBA grants us DPE then we have 1 slot open. Then we can add 1 more if we cut Troy Daniels (the weakest link).

What do you think adding 2 from DWade, Melo, Noah & Iggy (if bought out)...

Its definitely an upgrade having any 2 of the 3 mentioned.

That is incorrect. The DPE gives us around 1.8m in an exception, NOT a roster spot. We would still have a full roster.

If you cut Daniels, then you would have 1 roster spot open.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
The Clippers can have Iggy. They are already as soft as puppy shiittz underneath. This will only make them weaker.

i wouldn't mind Iggy, but at this point in his career, I don't see him as a critical piece. He'd be great when we needed to "switch up" a wing to give a different look on D or as injury insurance, but between LBJ, Kuz & Green, we shouldn't have that many minutes available.

Iggy has a name and has been a nice contributor, but there are always wing defenders available. Not with his pedigree, but for 10 minutes/game there are plenty of serviceable guys if we need them.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:15 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

i wouldn't mind Iggy, but at this point in his career, I don't see him as a critical piece. He'd be great when we needed to "switch up" a wing to give a different look on D or as injury insurance, but between LBJ, Kuz & Green, we shouldn't have that many minutes available.

Iggy has a name and has been a nice contributor, but there are always wing defenders available. Not with his pedigree, but for 10 minutes/game there are plenty of serviceable guys if we need them.

If a team like the Clips get him, they will then have 3 guys to cycle on LBJ and wear him down (KL/PG/Iggy). That's the guy I don't want on the Clips. Any other team besides them please if it's not meant to be.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

If a team like the Clips get him, they will then have 3 guys to cycle on LBJ and wear him down (KL/PG/Iggy). That's the guy I don't want on the Clips. Any other team besides them please if it's not meant to be.

I do not see Iggy as an upgrade to Harkless, who is a very good wing defender and much bigger than Iggy. Iggy is probably still a better overall offensive contributor - and a guy you can trust with a big shot - but for the 3rd SF/wing defender role, Clips (IMO) would be silly to trade Mo for Iggy.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

I do not see Iggy as an upgrade to Harkless, who is a very good wing defender and much bigger than Iggy. Iggy is probably still a better overall offensive contributor - and a guy you can trust with a big shot - but for the 3rd SF/wing defender role, Clips (IMO) would be silly to trade Mo for Iggy.

I agree. I think Mo/Robinson are better long term assets than Iggy. But, Clips are going all in for the next 2 years (KL/PG only guaranteed for 2 years). I can see them thinking Iggy is another "LBJ stopper." Mo isn't reliable enough in that department.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Houston has a full MLE to offer (can make a Memphis buyout around 11m instead of 15m if the Lakers pay Iggy the minimum).

I'm pretty sure the Rockets owner will sit on the MLE to avoid lux tax and the repeater tax, just like he did last year. Would love to be wrong but I highly doubt it.
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Portland has all its 1st rounders, a gaping hole at SF, and salary matching players (i.e. Bazemore on an expiring).

I'm not sure on this Clippers trade. If the Clips were willing to do it, it'd be done. Let's not short-change GSW front office - they're not dumb enough to trade a positive asset as a negative one - if there was a team willing to give up assets for Iggy and his huge K, almost certainly GSW would have made that trade instead of salary dumping him. Iggy fills a very specific role and doesn't have the legs to play starter's minutes during the season. So, you're looking to acquire a playoff player only that makes 15% of the cap. What teams can do that? You're asking the clippers to dump Harkless (who has some value at least) as well as Jerome Robinson (a lottery pick from last year)? That's a steep swing.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Shams

Quote:
Sources: Memphis wants three-time champion Andre Iguodala to report to training camp and is refusing right now to engage in buyout, which would prevent Iguodala from finishing a Hall of Fame career on his terms because this may be his final NBA season.

Iguodala is VP of NBPA, one of league’s most respected and desires a contender at this stage. Young, rebuilding Grizzlies received a valuable 2024 1st from Golden State in Iguodala trade, and after Dwight Howard buyout, were expected to eventually have same talks with Iguodala.

On his terms. He gave up the option to finish on his terms when he chose a huge contract. He chose $$ over that freedom. The contender he chose to stay with shipped him out. If he wants more freedom then all he has to do is give up more $$. Can't have it both ways....

There wasn't a list of contenders waiting to sign Howard when he was under contract. Do better Shams.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject:

Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I'm not sure on this Clippers trade. If the Clips were willing to do it, it'd be done. Let's not short-change GSW front office - they're not dumb enough to trade a positive asset as a negative one - if there was a team willing to give up assets for Iggy and his huge K, almost certainly GSW would have made that trade instead of salary dumping him. Iggy fills a very specific role and doesn't have the legs to play starter's minutes during the season. So, you're looking to acquire a playoff player only that makes 15% of the cap. What teams can do that? You're asking the clippers to dump Harkless (who has some value at least) as well as Jerome Robinson (a lottery pick from last year)? That's a steep swing.

I'm just saying there are teams out there with 1st round picks, matching cap space. We aren't one of them. Warriors decided to not let KD leave them empty handed, so they traded for DLO which required salary dumping. They did that for KD when they signed him in 2016 and they dumped Bogut and Barnes.
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I'm just saying there are teams out there with 1st round picks, matching cap space. We aren't one of them. Warriors decided to not let KD leave them empty handed, so they traded for DLO which required salary dumping. They did that for KD when they signed him in 2016 and they dumped Bogut and Barnes.

OK, let's play that out (since there's nothing else to do, right?) - what team has matching salary and would part with a 1st rounder to acquire Iggy? You mentioned Portland ... they aren't trading Lillard, CJ, Whiteside, Collins or Nurkic, right? The only deal that possibly makes sense is Bazemore and a 1st for Iggy? Not sure why Portland would do that. Who else would give up value?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

OK, let's play that out (since there's nothing else to do, right?) - what team has matching salary and would part with a 1st rounder to acquire Iggy? You mentioned Portland ... they aren't trading Lillard, CJ, Whiteside, Collins or Nurkic, right? The only deal that possibly makes sense is Bazemore and a 1st for Iggy? Not sure why Portland would do that. Who else would give up value?

Denver. They don't have anyone to match up with KL or LBJ.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Houston, Dallas and the Clippers already owe future first round picks and are apparently dragging their feet on sending another to Memphis.

If the market for Iguodala continues to be softer than expected, Memphis can drop thier asking price to a second round pick or cash plus expiring salary. They would still come out ahead of doing a buyout with Iguodala only giving back the veteran minimum.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Grant will be who they stick on players like that. As for Iggy, finishing his career in Philly makes sense.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

But if Iggy wants to contend, i think he has enough experience playing the Rockets to know they can't go all the way.

Ditto for Portland.

I do agree Clippers have the edge. Only hope is that Robinson or Mo play well enough that they don't want to make the trade.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject:

The Clippers are better off with Harkless than Iggy.
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Who are they trading? Not Millsap, Jokic or Harris, right? Plumlee, Hernangomez and a 1st? Will Barton + Beasley + Michael Porter Jr.? Don't just name a team, throw out a trade. Because I'm not seeing it. Iggy's minimal regular season value combined with his age and huge contract make a deal very difficult.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Who are they trading? Not Millsap, Jokic or Harris, right? Plumlee, Hernangomez and a 1st? Will Barton + Beasley + Michael Porter Jr.? Don't just name a team, throw out a trade. Because I'm not seeing it. Iggy's minimal regular season value combined with his age and huge contract make a deal very difficult.

And why wouldn't Portland feel Baze + highly protected 1st isn't worth getting Iggy? It goes both ways. There ARE teams with potential expiring deals and 1st round picks.

My point is Lakers don't have that. So we literally are waiting. And if he's released, other teams then may have more $ to offer as we are limited to a vet's min.

Not sure we are in any kind of pole position.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

They would also have NOBODY that could guard AD.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Agreed. But they can only handle what they can handle.

As we saw in the Finals, the team with the healthiest roster at the end won.

Healthy Warriors would have swept the Raptors. But they weren't.

Is AD going to make it all the way to the Finals? Is KL/PG? Who knows.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

If I'm an opposing coach, Id rather AD go off than Lebron, tbqh. Especially on a Lakers team with Alex Caruso as its second best initiator.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

If I'm an opposing coach, Id rather AD go off than Lebron, tbqh. Especially on a Lakers team with Alex Caruso as its second best initiator.

Right. If you send 3 waves of defenders in KL/PG/IGGY at LBJ he is going to wear down. And he’s our best playmaker.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3698, 3699, 3700 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3699 of 8560
Jump to: