OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3703, 3704, 3705 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:34 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
i don't think Bruno is on the cusp of getting waived..he played well for them to end the season

Who would you expect?
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:17 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
If the league doesn't void this "creative" contract then the Rockets just created salary filler to use in an Iggy trade.

[url=[/url]]

eh do the Rockets even have picks for a Iggy trade?

and if any team wants to give up a 1st rounder for a half year rental for Iggy then god bless
he's a nice buy out pickup but I wouldnt give up meaningful assets for him. His age has been catching up with him and I have a feeling an extra year on his body is going to be very kind on him.

The Rockets do have a 1st. The picks okc got are much later. I don’t think anyone is offering a 1st for Iggy though. If they were then he’d be traded already.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:20 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
i don't think Bruno is on the cusp of getting waived..he played well for them to end the season

Who would you expect?

i think they'll release Robb, and then Guduric
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Save our last roster spot for Bruno once he’s waived. Then go give Johnsthon simmons a chance.

I'd prefer to trade any combo of Boogie, Rondo, Kostas, Norvell, Daniels, THT or Caruso for DeAndre Bembry.

I'd include KCP in the list too but we all know that's not going to happen... and also left out the Exhibit-10 guys.

PG: Bradley, Cook
SG: Green, KCP
SF: LBJ, Bembry
PF: AD, Kuzma
CE: McGee, Howard
+ 5 of whoever remains from Caruso/Rondo/Jackson, Daniels/Norvell, THT/Caroline, Dudley, Kostas/Cacok.

Now that is a kickass team.

Atlanta would be expecting youth and probably at least a second round pick as well. They would have no interest in Cousins, Rondo and Daniels because of their ages. Kostas and Norvell are fringe types, so probably not much interest in them either.

Yeah, I'd agree with you about Cousins, Daniels, Kostas and Norvell. ATL appears to be short on PGs though. They only have Trae Young according to Spotrac? So some combo of Caruso, Cook, Rondo (as a mentor to Young?) and THT. I'd be cool with that... and A-okay giving up a 2nd rounder since we can buy a couple to use if we want them. We're in win-now mode, so we have to go all in. What do you think?
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Who would you expect?

Didn’t they just sign Guduric? Pretty sure I remember seeing something from their Gm talking him up being a piece moving forward
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Save our last roster spot for Bruno once he’s waived. Then go give Johnsthon simmons a chance.

I'd prefer to trade any combo of Boogie, Rondo, Kostas, Norvell, Daniels, THT or Caruso for DeAndre Bembry.

I'd include KCP in the list too but we all know that's not going to happen... and also left out the Exhibit-10 guys.

SF: LBJ, Iggy, Bembry

+ 5 of whoever remains from Caruso/Rondo/Jackson, Daniels/Norvell, THT/Caroline, Dudley, Kostas/Cacok.

Much more balanced. Nice. Now add Iggy via buyout 🙏🏾 and that's a roster ready to play into June
ToastedMuffins
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Who would you expect?

Considering they just signed Guduric to a two year fully guaranteed contract two months ago, it would make the Grizzlies front office look pretty incompetent to cut him before playing and essentially wash $5.4 million down the drain. I don't see it.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

ToastedMuffins wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Who would you expect?

Considering they just signed Guduric to a two year fully guaranteed contract two months ago, it would make the Grizzlies front office look pretty incompetent to cut him before playing and essentially wash $5.4 million down the drain. I don't see it.

interesting situation there...
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
If the league doesn't void this "creative" contract then the Rockets just created salary filler to use in an Iggy trade.

[url=[/url]]

eh do the Rockets even have picks for a Iggy trade?

and if any team wants to give up a 1st rounder for a half year rental for Iggy then god bless
he's a nice buy out pickup but I wouldnt give up meaningful assets for him. His age has been catching up with him and I have a feeling an extra year on his body is going to be very kind on him.

The Rockets do have a 1st. The picks okc got are much later. I don’t think anyone is offering a 1st for Iggy though. If they were then he’d be traded already.

It is a nice move by the Rockets. Obviously Nene isn’t worth the full contract so their intentions are pretty clear. To count for the full amount in trade I believe the full contract would need to be guaranteed as part of the deal, so Nene is smart to cooperate. He can also only be traded after January 15, so I’m guessing Iggy may not be the sole target.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject:

ToastedMuffins wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Who would you expect?

intrigued

cuz i want this
the arms that can recover on Klay from way too far
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ToastedMuffins wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Who would you expect?

intrigued

cuz i want this

Are you thinking of signing him as a free agent or being able to make a successful waiver claim?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ToastedMuffins wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Who would you expect?

intrigued

cuz i want this

Are you thinking of signing him as a free agent or being able to make a successful waiver claim?

idk... some teams would probably make a claim
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

Much more balanced. Nice. Now add Iggy via buyout 🙏🏾 and that's a roster ready to play into June

Getting both would be great! I'd settle for just one of them too... and if I HAD to pick one, I'd go with Bembry since he's younger and less of an injury risk.

The irony is it would only take 1 signing to make it much more balanced, 2 more to make it all the way to June... yet you gave Rob a C+ for the summer on the previous page.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
2019 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

Getting both would be great! I'd settle for just one of them too... and if I HAD to pick one, I'd go with Bembry since he's younger and less of an injury risk.

The irony is it would only take 1 signing to make it much more balanced, 2 more to make it all the way to June... yet you gave Rob a C+ for the summer on the previous page.

I gave a C+ / B- but that was without a addressing the SF issue. Adding Iggy OR Bembry gets a strong B/B+ and adding Bembery + Iggy gets an A-

Still take issue with the KCP contract value and giving him essentially a NTC.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject:

was just thinking how nice it would have been if we squeezed in Dedmon on this team instead of burning salary on KCP and our glut of guards. Im sure he'd take a small haircut to play in LA over cow country.
Our starting lineup would have much better spacing with a stretch 5 and he's an underrated defender.
SmartBaller420
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ToastedMuffins wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Who would you expect?

intrigued

cuz i want this

idk... some teams would probably make a claim

Lakers could also trade their disabled player exception and a couple of future 2nd rounders for him.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject:

So we getting Iggy?
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:15 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ToastedMuffins wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Who would you expect?

intrigued

cuz i want this

He is a poor man's BI in every facet of the game. If he had more strength and/or quickness he would be a good addition.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:32 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Who would you expect?

Agree on Rabb. They need to bite the bullet and buy out Iguodala.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:46 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ToastedMuffins wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Who would you expect?

intrigued

cuz i want this

He is a poor man's BI in every facet of the game. If he had more strength and/or quickness he would be a good addition.

he's a better all around defender and shooter. he can protect the rim..and has some 1v1 wing nuisance capability with his length. and he's an avg shooter from 3. 37%
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:55 am    Post subject:

Was very high on Bembry during his draft year and thought Atlanta got a steal.

Watched him last year and still saw a non-shooter who's skills looks the same as his rookie year.

From emplay's article Wesley Iwundu is a good carbon copy of Bembry although Orlando may want to keep him.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:02 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
ToastedMuffins wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Who would you expect?

intrigued

cuz i want this

he's a better all around defender and shooter. he can protect the rim..and has some 1v1 wing nuisance capability with his length. and he's an avg shooter from 3. 37%

They are very similar athletically (i.e average first step and not vertically explosive). He is a stationary shooter. I am not sure of his defensive instincts which makes similar players like Trevor Ariza standout. I feel he needs another season or two before he is ready to contribute to a championship caliber team.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:17 am    Post subject:

I do think he still has another year of development to do on both sides of the ball..but he just hasn't had much NBA time.. His block-reel is super impressive. nice 1v1 blocks against Lou, PG, Klay..and then some rim protecting half court blocks vs Centers, as well as a handful of chase down blocks. He has a solid baseline of effort on D, as well has block instincts (not sure about his D in general) but his highlights do show instincts. As a shooter, yea, he's just what you expect from a SF 3/D type.. although he's streaky (was great in G league) and raised his NBA % to 37 by the end of the year.
Has some Giannis looking flashes offensively, few and far between but it's freaky. he's a lot longer than BI, a lot. like the difference between BI and Randle
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:07 am    Post subject:

Davis and Kuzma are the only two from the front court group that are under 30.

He might not become a HOF candidate, but one can't be too picky when digging through the discard pile.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Who would you expect?

Agree on Rabb. They need to bite the bullet and buy out Iguodala.

I’m curious why they need to dump a potential trade asset for nothing. I know our FO does that, but most others don’t.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3703, 3704, 3705 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3704 of 8560
Jump to: