OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3705, 3706, 3707 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
Imam Shupert rejects Rockets to become Free Agent.

What do other posters think of him?

He's ok, but he's another "guard."

He's generously listed at 6'5. Feisty defender, streaky KCP-style 3 point shooter. If only we didn't already have 8 guards on the roster.

I thought he was like a 6'7 SF for some reason.

If he was 6'7 he'd be on a team with a deal right now.

He's probably 6'3/6'4 ish tall IMO.

He is 6'4 1/2 without shoes. 6'5 1/4 w/ shoes.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:22 am    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

He's generously listed at 6'5. Feisty defender, streaky KCP-style 3 point shooter. If only we didn't already have 8 guards on the roster.

Thanks. But he's best suited to defend guards and not SFs on a regular basis. I mean he has about the same measureables as KCP, no? We have 8 guards already.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

Thanks. But he's best suited to defend guards and not SFs on a regular basis. I mean he has about the same measureables as KCP, no? We have 8 guards already.

Yeah...not only his size says guard, but he also plays like a guard. Even ran some point at times with Cleveland and Sacramento. He's an Avery Bradley type. KCP is even more of a wing than he is.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:15 am    Post subject:

Yeah, remember, in college, Shump played "PG." Came into the league as someone sort of advertised as a big PG. He's become more of a combo guard. Adding a 9th guard will only mean that some of the 8 other guards on our team will get no playing time whatsoever. And he's not a long term answer at defending "SF," which is a need.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject:

I feel that Kuzma might develop into a star this season. The only problem is that he plays the same position as AD. Then, you have James at the other forward position. It would be a nice luxury to have Kuz as the 6th man, but it would be interesting to see what we could get for him. Another thing is has a 10 million cap hold in 2021, which puts us just short of being able to sign Giannis (who is another point forward type, like Lebron).

PF-Davis
SF-James
C-Howard
PG-Caruso
SG-Green

Possible areas that could be upgraded:

-An excellent shooter/defender that could defend point guards. This would move Caruso to the bench where he could perhaps flourish in a 6th man role. Just for the heck of it, some names off the top of my head are: Beal, McCollum, Lillard (you never know), Garland (Rich Paul client), Huerter (can he defend point guards?)-another benefit to Huerter is that his salary is only 4 million in 2021, which means we may have enough money for Giannis.

-A stretch 5. Though, AD has been working on his 3 point shooter (he better if he wants to be a 4), AD is probably better suited for the post and Howard is probably better off as a back up 5. A stretch 5 may complement AD better than Dwight, though Dwight may shock everyone with his shooting this yer himself. McGee would be the odd man out here. Names off the top of my head are Myles Tuner (but he just doesn't seem to have the upside of Kuz), Bamba?, Thomas Bryant?, not sure who else, but the stretch 5 we get doesn't necessarily have to be a shot blocker, since we have plenty of that already.

Ideally, it would be better if we can keep Kuzma and have him produce and be content as an explosive 6th man or even starting center?
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
I feel that Kuzma might develop into a star this season. The only problem is that he plays the same position as AD. Then, you have James at the other forward position. It would be a nice luxury to have Kuz as the 6th man, but it would be interesting to see what we could get for him. Another thing is has a 10 million cap hold in 2021, which puts us just short of being able to sign Giannis (who is another point forward type, like Lebron).

PF-Davis
SF-James
C-Howard
PG-Caruso
SG-Green

-An excellent shooter/defender that could defend point guards. This would move Caruso to the bench where he could perhaps flourish in a 6th man role. Just for the heck of it, some names off the top of my head are: Beal, McCollum, Lillard (you never know), Garland (Rich Paul client), Huerter (can he defend point guards?)-another benefit to Huerter is that his salary is only 4 million in 2021, which means we may have enough money for Giannis.

-A stretch 5. Though, AD has been working on his 3 point shooter (he better if he wants to be a 4), AD is probably better suited for the post and Howard is probably better off as a back up 5. A stretch 5 may complement AD better than Dwight, though Dwight may shock everyone with his shooting this yer himself. McGee would be the odd man out here. Names off the top of my head are Myles Tuner (but he just doesn't seem to have the upside of Kuz), Bamba?, Thomas Bryant?, not sure who else, but the stretch 5 we get doesn't necessarily have to be a shot blocker, since we have plenty of that already.

Ideally, it would be better if we can keep Kuzma and have him produce and be content as an explosive 6th man or even starting center?

You have quite a wish list, but have you come up with viable plans to get one of those players?
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
scoobs wrote:

PF-Davis
SF-James
C-Howard
PG-Caruso
SG-Green

You have quite a wish list, but have you come up with viable plans to get one of those players?
Nah man, just brainstorming out loud at this point lol. Ideally, we could just keep Kuzma as the 6th man or starting 5, as I stated. But I cant help but question how genuinely happy he will be in one of those rolls, though he has shown a great attitude. Another thing is, it would be kind of awkward to put Kuzma t the 5 with AD at the 4, even though AD is the one with the length for the 5. This could also cause a problem with AD, basically making him play the 5. I guess one example of such a trade would be on Dec 15, trade Kuz, KCP, Bradley, Rondo for Beal.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

Ramona thinks Warriors are a big threat to sign the Greek Freak in 2021... I’m surprised no one posted about it yet.. that would be bad news for us.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Ramona thinks Warriors are a big threat to sign the Greek Freak in 2021... I’m surprised no one posted about it yet.. that would be bad news for us.
Lakers could shift focus to Beal. Let's say Kuzma comes out of the gates as a super 6th man, scoring 20ppg and 40% 3 pt fg. Let's say Washington struggles and we start to hear rumblings about Beal being up happy. Would a package of Kuzma, KCP, Bradley and Rondo for Beal satisfy Washington? Lakers could stick Beal in the back court with Danny Green.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakers could shift focus to Beal. Let's say Kuzma comes out of the gates as a super 6th man, scoring 20ppg and 40% 3 pt fg. Let's say Washington struggles and we start to hear rumblings about Beal being up happy. Would a package of Kuzma, KCP, Bradley and Rondo for Beal satisfy Washington? Lakers could stick Beal in the back court with Danny Green.

I read they wanna sign him to a long term extension

www.cbssports.com/nba/news/wizards-gm-reiterates-commitment-to-keeping-bradley-beal-but-at-what-point-will-the-risk-outweigh-the-reward/amp/
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject:

This is a straight "who the (bleep) cares" post but I'm moving to Irvine to transfer into UCI and I'm more excited about the fact that I'm going to be in SoCAL near LA during a time where we have a championship contender.

I've never experienced that and I've been in the Bay for the entire Warriors run so it's gonna be lit to have Lakers fans around me and be able to go to Staples Center.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Man, imagine if we get a 2010 ‘Lamar Odom’ to go with LeBron-AD front court, can Kuz?
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Villain6Activated wrote:
This is a straight "who the (bleep) cares" post but I'm moving to Irvine to transfer into UCI and I'm more excited about the fact that I'm going to be in SoCAL near LA during a time where we have a championship contender.

I've never experienced that and I've been in the Bay for the entire Warriors run so it's gonna be lit to have Lakers fans around me and be able to go to Staples Center.

As someone else who has always cheered for the Lakers from a distance, congrats man! ENJOY!
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject:

If Chandler Parsons stays healthy this year for the Hawks, I can see us going after him if he's bought out. When he was healthy last year he looked really good offensively at times - like as skilled as Kuzma doing impressive stuff out there, at 6'10. Before the injuries he was a good defender. Maybe he's someone who's still agile enough to guard Kawhi decently (I don't think Kawhi is quick at all, after his injuries). I think Parsons still has more natural wing-feet than Kuz; and he looked slimmer last year
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
If Chandler Parsons stays healthy this year for the Hawks, I can see us going after him if he's bought out. When he was healthy last year he looked really good offensively at times - like as skilled as Kuzma doing impressive stuff out there, at 6'10. Before the injuries he was a good defender. Maybe he's someone who's still agile enough to guard Kawhi decently (I don't think Kawhi is quick at all, after his injuries). I think Parsons still has more natural wing-feet than Kuz; and he looked slimmer last year

Man I was such a huge fan of Chandler Parsons when he came out of Florida. I have an affinity for guys 6’9” and taller who run pick a rolls as the ballhandler and can grab a rebound/push the ball. I expected so much for him. His peak prior to injuries had him getting where I expected. I’d love to go after him if he’s healthy and bought out
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Let's see here; so under the assumption Kuzma comes out like a star, we trade him? 20ppg & 40% 3pt's? If Kuz becomes a star Lakers will ride him, IMO.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:25 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Let's see here; so under the assumption Kuzma comes out like a star, we trade him? 20ppg & 40% 3pt's? If Kuz becomes a star Lakers will ride him, IMO.

His numbers would suggest star but he’s not suddenly going to become a top playmaker and shot creator. He’s certainly never going to be the second star we need beside of AD post LeBron. If you can get Beal for this man...you ABSOLUTELY must donit
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:00 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Man I was such a huge fan of Chandler Parsons when he came out of Florida. I have an affinity for guys 6’9” and taller who run pick a rolls as the ballhandler and can grab a rebound/push the ball. I expected so much for him. His peak prior to injuries had him getting where I expected. I’d love to go after him if he’s healthy and bought out

Ya I think tall players who can do that are fun to watch too. It's why I liked Randle coming out and early in his career. I was really impressed with how Parson's looked at the end of last season, looking at his tape. Looks really skilled and still SF fluid
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:19 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
Luc would be a great addition to balance the roster. He can play defense on SF to rest Lebron.
There are too any guards who will sit on the bench and not get minutes.
Why not balance the roster?
Seems like Pelinka goes one way he goes all the way. No looking at balance.

I have been saying let’s get him. If healthy, he would be the perfect fit to play some good D and shoot the 3s.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/arashmarkazi/status/1174655559036895232?s=21

Some interesting things. Not too much we didn’t already know.

I think PG13/Kawhi are Lakers if Klutch isn’t here. However, then there is no AD.

Let’s see who wins out.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

I think PG13/Kawhi are Lakers if Klutch isn’t here. However, then there is no AD.

Let’s see who wins out.

guess we would've kept the kids vs Green/Bradley/Cook/Dwight too but F them
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Let’s see who wins out.

Seems to me KL had his sights set on Clips all this time, decided to take the Lakers on a wild ride in FA.

PG13, he's a handful.

Regardless, F them. Let's wipe them out. I'll roll with LBJ/AD all day.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Let’s see who wins out.

frankly, i'd take PG and KL SIGNED for multiple years over an aging LeBron and AD with his impending free agency. it's not a lock he will re-sign here especially if season doesn't go the way people are hoping.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Let’s see who wins out.

frankly, i'd take PG and KL SIGNED for multiple years over an aging LeBron and AD with his impending free agency. it's not a lock he will re-sign here especially if season doesn't go the way people are hoping.

PG made his decision before LBJ.

And no way PG comes to Lakers by himself in 2018. He wanted out of the Pacers b/c they couldn't pair him with another star.

PG/KL are effectively only signed to 2 guaranteed years with the Clips. A lot of things can go right or wrong. Everything is contingent upon KL's health, and yes, he was a monster in winning a ring for the Raptors. But he also looked like he was dragging his body by the end too. Can he do this year after year?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Let’s see who wins out.

I tend to agree and it’s nothing against Lebron/AD as players. I just wouldn’t choose a 34/35 year old Lebron over a 28 year old Kawhi.

Kawhi is a monster and he has approximately 3 or 4 seasons of peak Kawhi unless his quad problem is really unmanageable.

I think PG13 is somewhat overhyped, but Kawhi is no joke top 3 easy. He comes into this season as #1 imo.

Maybe Lebron has that revenge season where he looks like 28 year old Lebron, but again decline is a natural thing.

The great equalizer imo is if AD becomes the #1 player in the league and he is quite capable. I’m not worried about Lebron out producing PG13. He’s just not the 2 way beast that Kawhi is and that’s fine, he’s 35.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3705, 3706, 3707 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3706 of 8560
Jump to: