OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3709, 3710, 3711 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
ocho wrote:
I think Kawhi and George will compliment each other very nicely, which is why Kawhi singled George out as the guy he waned to play with. I think LeBron and Davis will compliment each other well too, but since LeBron is a 4 and Davis insists on playing his position, it means for big stretches of the game neither will be in their ideal spot. It means we have to play McGee/Howard more than we want to, it changes up defensive assignments, it puts one less shooter on the floor, it creates a potential issue if we want to play our 3 best scorers together, etc.

I actually think this point has been overblown in general. The concept that we need to prevent Davis from spending a lot of time wrestling the alligators down low (as PJ used to put it) is probably a good regular season strategy. I don't believe Davis will have any issues guarding five against small ball lineups. The bigger issue is probably that we don't have enough quality wings.

if they give Kostas some burn as the PF off the bench...LBJ/Kuzma/JDud will suffice at SF.

Otherwise Kuz takes his place at PF...D.Green plays SF with Bron and Dudley.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
ocho wrote:
I think Kawhi and George will compliment each other very nicely, which is why Kawhi singled George out as the guy he waned to play with. I think LeBron and Davis will compliment each other well too, but since LeBron is a 4 and Davis insists on playing his position, it means for big stretches of the game neither will be in their ideal spot. It means we have to play McGee/Howard more than we want to, it changes up defensive assignments, it puts one less shooter on the floor, it creates a potential issue if we want to play our 3 best scorers together, etc.

I actually think this point has been overblown in general. The concept that we need to prevent Davis from spending a lot of time wrestling the alligators down low (as PJ used to put it) is probably a good regular season strategy. I don't believe Davis will have any issues guarding five against small ball lineups. The bigger issue is probably that we don't have enough quality wings.

if they give Kostas some burn as the PF off the bench...LBJ/Kuzma/JDud will suffice at SF.

Dudley is a PF, and Kostas is a bad Summer League player..
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject:

the claim Lebron and AD play the same position is ridiculous. Lebron and AD will roll seamlessly in 3/4, 4/5 or 3/5 positions. And then AD is by far the most compatible star he's played with and vice versa.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Since there has been a lot of Clipper talk on this thread I’m gonna ask... who would you rather have Avery Bradley or Patrick Beverly?

Beverley. I'd easily take Danny Green over Beverley, though.

Maybe for one season. I have a feeling that Green is about to fall off the ledge, mainly due to age.

I disagree for several reasons. First I don't believe he has ever had a major debilitating injury. Second his game minutes has been limited to mid 20's during his career. Third he does not rely on having superior athleticism to successfully execute on the court.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Since there has been a lot of Clipper talk on this thread I’m gonna ask... who would you rather have Avery Bradley or Patrick Beverly?

Prime Celtic Bradley >>> Beverly. However injuries throughout his career has affected his play and will be a key this year.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ocho wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Yama wrote:
enough is enough man.... Leonard has gotten so overrated after this playoffs run, and PG is a B level star, Torontos supporting cast never gets enough credit. Also, everyone forgot how good AD is... the season needs to start already, the Clippers aren't on the same tier as us man.

It doesn't cease to amaze me how many pundits are mocking how the Lakers' pieces fit. FFS, have they looked at the Clippers. There two best players play the same freaking position! The don't have a single lead ball handler. People really need to watch Kawhi when Lowry wasn't in the game. Iso, iso, iso.

Our two (possibly 3) best players play the same position.

Nah, not really. We can give Lebron and AD the same label but that doesn't mean much today. They're not at all going to occupy each other's space. Their overlap isn't even in the same realm as PG/KL. I get where the cynicism comes from but dude...

It's not cynicism. LeBron is a 4. Davis insists that he play the 4. And then there's Kuzma. For long stretches of the game when Lebron and Davis occupy the floor together someone will not be in their ideal position.

Does it matter on which side of the court? On offense Lebron is actually at his best as the de facto PG having the ability to operate with the whole court and ball in his hands. Superior size, great handles, vision, passing skills and IQ. On defense yes I agree PF.

Davis - PF on both ends.

Last edited by PlantedTanks on Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Yama wrote:
enough is enough man.... Leonard has gotten so overrated after this playoffs run, and PG is a B level star, Torontos supporting cast never gets enough credit. Also, everyone forgot how good AD is... the season needs to start already, the Clippers aren't on the same tier as us man.

Leonard is a 2 time Final MVP, owning Lebron’s team for one of those. He is rated as such.

What is your opinion if they exchanged teammates? Who wins?
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:04 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
ocho wrote:

Kostas is intriguing. Got height, length, athleticism, skill but is just raw in regards to playing basketball. I know you like Caboclo and he needed a few years in the Gleague to get to the point of being considered an NBA rotation player. Kostas may develop similarly.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
ocho wrote:

Kostas is intriguing. Got height, length, athleticism, skill but is just raw in regards to playing basketball. I know you like Caboclo and he needed a few years in the Gleague to get to the point of being considered an NBA rotation player. Kostas may develop similarly.

Ya in a few years Kostas may be solid..
I wish he had better lateral movement, the long legs are a detriment for him going sideways... just like how in football, DK Metcalf was great in the 40 but his hips didn't have him test well in the cone drills.. Kostas is even more pronounced deficiently there, he's 6'11 pretty much, and his legs move like it laterally.

Bruno is by far the longest of the 3(his wingspan is like 99%tile for a Center, while Kostas has a borderline PF wingspan), and the most fluid athlete, and has the best instinct for stocks, and shoots the best 3ball by far.. Kostas has shown no upside there... and he's 200lbs as a bigman...
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Kawhi Leonard is the greatest Clipper of all time, without even playing a single game for them yet

Is it bad to ponder about bad things happening to him?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I wish he had better lateral movement, the long legs are a detriment for him going sideways... just like how in football, DK Metcalf was great in the 40 but his hips didn't have him test well in the cone drills.. Kostas is even more pronounced deficiently there, he's 6'11 pretty much, and his legs move like it laterally.

Bruno is by far the longest of the 3(his wingspan is like 99%tile for a Center, while Kostas has a borderline PF wingspan), and the most fluid athlete, and has the best instinct for stocks, and shoots the best 3ball by far.. Kostas has shown no upside there... and he's 200lbs as a bigman...

What are your thoughts on Rui Huchimaru? He had some eye popping highlights in FIBA.
ToastedMuffins
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Kawhi Leonard is the greatest Clipper of all time, without even playing a single game for them yet

I wouldn't wish anything bad on Kawhi.

That being said, I'm increasingly suspicious that his tendinopathy could be degenerative. It would explain the drama with his medical diagnosis in San Antonio as well as his obsessive focus on load management both in Toronto as well as in free agency negotiations.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:51 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

What are your thoughts on Rui Huchimaru? He had some eye popping highlights in FIBA.

he's got skills put I'm not high on him.. Didn't study him that much but because of the lack of 3ball, passing instincts, some bad finishing I saw in the Tourney.. I had him fringe first. Maybe he ends up top 15 in the draft..
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:55 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Rui, one of my favs in the draft thread. I said it from the get go that his game, athleticism and even shooting form is KL like. I see him as one of the favorites for rookie of the year.

I wonder how long before BVH chimes in and trashes him and my comments LOL.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:00 am    Post subject:

ToastedMuffins wrote:
epak wrote:

That being said, I'm increasingly suspicious that his tendinopathy could be degenerative. It would explain the drama with his medical diagnosis in San Antonio as well as his obsessive focus on load management both in Toronto as well as in free agency negotiations.

Yes I am of the same thought. Even in the playoffs you could see he was noticeably favoring that leg. There is a YT clip of Jalen Rose who opined that his leg was bothering him and mentioned there was a stretch of games where KL did not even attempt to dunk the ball.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:11 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I believe I read Kostas is up to 210lbs. With the ball he has some wiggle if I remember correctly. Defensively he just needs reps to better anticipate and I believe strength will help him here. His shooting form is okay and his pre-draft workout video showed his 3ball potential

I believe with added strength he may be better athlete than Caboclo.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:27 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I believe I read Kostas is up to 210lbs. With the ball he has some wiggle if I remember correctly. Defensively he just needs reps to better anticipate and I believe strength will help him here. His shooting form is okay and his pre-draft workout video showed his 3ball potential

I believe with added strength he may be better athlete than Caboclo.

Just in general I'm more a fan of Bruno athletically than you. I love his SF fluidity with elite center length. Kostas is def more explosive vertically, off two feet specifically. But Bruno's 5 extra inches of wingspan close the gap imo. And Kostas is a below average athlete off 1foot and laterally.. And I can't find any 210lb articles from google..we were comparing him to Holman here and mentioned Holman being 210.
Kostas' form is also slow and jenky imo.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:34 am    Post subject:

slow and ball doesn't come out naturally imo. not broken but not smooth
Yama
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:58 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Yama wrote:

Leonard is a 2 time Final MVP, owning Lebron’s team for one of those. He is rated as such.

what would happened if you switched lebron and leonard on the spurs and heat?
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:20 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
https://youtu.be/P-f4g1Qs0v0?t=108 slow and ball doesn't come out naturally imo. not broken but not smooth

Yeah he needs game reps to become comfortable with the shot. Potential is there.

There is an article on mavs.com where Kostas states he guesstimates he has gained 15 lbs since his first training camp. That would put his weight at 210 to 215.

His wingspan is listed as 7'2". That's good center length.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:25 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
https://youtu.be/P-f4g1Qs0v0?t=108 slow and ball doesn't come out naturally imo. not broken but not smooth

Yeah he needs game reps to become comfortable with the shot. Potential is there.

There is an article on mavs.com where Kostas states he guesstimates he has gained 15 lbs since his first training camp. That would put his weight at 210 to 215.

His wingspan is listed as 7'2". That's good center length.

ok thanks for the weight. the wingspan is borderline Center - a lot of SFs have the same. with his reach though he does have Center length
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:37 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
ocho wrote:

It's not cynicism. LeBron is a 4. Davis insists that he play the 4. And then there's Kuzma. For long stretches of the game when Lebron and Davis occupy the floor together someone will not be in their ideal position.

I think you're being held prisoner to an outdated notion of positions. To me, Davis and Lebron's games seem to perfectly complement each other.

He’s not. There are still two sides of the ball and when two of the three aren’t good defenders at the positions they play🤷🏻‍♂️. We know AD is gonna defend. But Kuz hasn’t shown a willingness to do it regularly and Bron is simply too old. Much better to have him as a 4 defensively where he’s not chasing guys around the perimeter off of screens etc as much. He’s much better defensively when he has a challenge if someone trying to be physical with him. Remember this year against Julio?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:14 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
ocho wrote:

Remember the hullabaloo about LBJ playing "PG?" Well, functionally on offense, LBJ is a primary ballhandler while AD will be running PnRs, posting up, spotting, etc. They do not play the same "position" in my book at all.

I think with the Clips, it'll be a bit of the first season of the Miami Heat where it was "your turn, my turn" b/w LBJ + Wade. Playmaking will be their biggest weakness.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:16 am    Post subject:

You know how Lebron and AD would fit best?

A: At PF and C, respectively.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:16 am    Post subject:

ToastedMuffins wrote:
epak wrote:

And remember, going to the Finals or deep into it year after year will take its toll. Can his body really hold up to 100+ games a year (even load managed, he will have to play ever playoff game)?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3709, 3710, 3711 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3710 of 8560
Jump to: