OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3710, 3711, 3712 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
ocho wrote:
I think Kawhi and George will compliment each other very nicely, which is why Kawhi singled George out as the guy he waned to play with. I think LeBron and Davis will compliment each other well too, but since LeBron is a 4 and Davis insists on playing his position, it means for big stretches of the game neither will be in their ideal spot. It means we have to play McGee/Howard more than we want to, it changes up defensive assignments, it puts one less shooter on the floor, it creates a potential issue if we want to play our 3 best scorers together, etc.

I actually think this point has been overblown in general. The concept that we need to prevent Davis from spending a lot of time wrestling the alligators down low (as PJ used to put it) is probably a good regular season strategy. I don't believe Davis will have any issues guarding five against small ball lineups. The bigger issue is probably that we don't have enough quality wings.

Remember the hullabaloo about LBJ playing "PG?" Well, functionally on offense, LBJ is a primary ballhandler while AD will be running PnRs, posting up, spotting, etc. They do not play the same "position" in my book at all.

I think with the Clips, it'll be a bit of the first season of the Miami Heat where it was "your turn, my turn" b/w LBJ + Wade. Playmaking will be their biggest weakness.

interesting comp there to MIA.... both those guys on MIA were better playmakers than the Clips wings too... nice. And PG13 is less clutch than Bron that year
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
ocho wrote:
I think Kawhi and George will compliment each other very nicely, which is why Kawhi singled George out as the guy he waned to play with. I think LeBron and Davis will compliment each other well too, but since LeBron is a 4 and Davis insists on playing his position, it means for big stretches of the game neither will be in their ideal spot. It means we have to play McGee/Howard more than we want to, it changes up defensive assignments, it puts one less shooter on the floor, it creates a potential issue if we want to play our 3 best scorers together, etc.

I actually think this point has been overblown in general. The concept that we need to prevent Davis from spending a lot of time wrestling the alligators down low (as PJ used to put it) is probably a good regular season strategy. I don't believe Davis will have any issues guarding five against small ball lineups. The bigger issue is probably that we don't have enough quality wings.

Remember the hullabaloo about LBJ playing "PG?" Well, functionally on offense, LBJ is a primary ballhandler while AD will be running PnRs, posting up, spotting, etc. They do not play the same "position" in my book at all.

I think with the Clips, it'll be a bit of the first season of the Miami Heat where it was "your turn, my turn" b/w LBJ + Wade. Playmaking will be their biggest weakness.

And throw LouWill in on the turn-taking.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:18 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
ocho wrote:

interesting comp there to MIA.... both those guys on MIA were better playmakers than the Clips wings too... nice. And PG13 is less clutch than Bron that year

Eventually I think PG13 will sublimate his game to KL, but neither Bev/PG are table setters. KL is best at iso ball. I think a lot of that first year HEAT and even OKC (Russ/KD iso ball) will happen. Meanwhile, LBJ I think will seamlessly orchestrate the offense.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
ocho wrote:

Eventually I think PG13 will sublimate his game to KL, but neither Bev/PG are table setters. KL is best at iso ball. I think a lot of that first year HEAT and even OKC (Russ/KD iso ball) will happen. Meanwhile, LBJ I think will seamlessly orchestrate the offense.

On a positive note for the Clippers, it's not like their team was loaded with creators last season without KL and PG13 and they finished top-10 in pace (#9) and offensive efficiency (#7).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:51 am    Post subject:

Quote:
On a positive note for the Clippers, it's not like their team was loaded with creators last season without KL and PG13 and they finished top-10 in pace (#9) and offensive efficiency (#7).

Right. But b/c the didn't have 25ppg+ level scorers in KL/PG, they were more equal opportunity players (maybe except Lou).

Lou was 4th in the NBA in usage at 32.4%.

Kawhi was 14th at 30% and PG 18th at 29.5%.

Should be interesting to see how their offense is restructured adding guys who are used to scoring. Who will manage the flow of that offense?
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject:

I have a strange feeling that Bradley and Dwight (yes I said it) are going to be pleasant surprises.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:13 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I have a strange feeling that Bradley and Dwight (yes I said it) are going to be pleasant surprises.

One of Bradley, Dwight , Caruso will be... 👏🏽
Added onto Bron, AD, Kuz, Green . 5 players who can really contribute any given night is sturdy
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Marc Stein
@TheSteinLine

The Rockets are signing Thabo Sefolosha, league sources say

There goes Plan B.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
ocho wrote:

if they give Kostas some burn as the PF off the bench...LBJ/Kuzma/JDud will suffice at SF.

Otherwise Kuz takes his place at PF...D.Green plays SF with Bron and Dudley.

That is a horrible idea
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject:

Aah, it's the dead period b/f the season. But CBS Sports ranks our closing lineup #1 (with Rondo in it ):

Quote:
1. Los Angeles Lakers
G Rajon Rondo
G Danny Green
F LeBron James
F Kyle Kuzma
F Anthony Davis

Technically LeBron, Kuzma and Davis are probably all power forwards, but their skill sets are different enough to allow them all to play together to close games. Green has proven himself to be a clutch performer who provides space with his 3-point shooting, but the only question is at point guard, where Rondo will likely earn the early-season crunch-time minutes due to his experience and the trust he's earned with James. Ideally, someone like Quinn Cook would probably fit better given his shooting, so we'll see if he eventually slides into the lineup. Either way, when you have LeBron James and Anthony Davis in your closing unit, you're going to be very difficult to beat. For now, that gives the Lakers the best closing lineup in the NBA.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/ranking-every-nba-teams-best-closing-lineup-entering-the-2019-20-season/
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Aah, it's the dead period b/f the season. But CBS Sports ranks our closing lineup #1 (with Rondo in it ):

Quote:
1. Los Angeles Lakers
G Rajon Rondo
G Danny Green
F LeBron James
F Kyle Kuzma
F Anthony Davis

Technically LeBron, Kuzma and Davis are probably all power forwards, but their skill sets are different enough to allow them all to play together to close games. Green has proven himself to be a clutch performer who provides space with his 3-point shooting, but the only question is at point guard, where Rondo will likely earn the early-season crunch-time minutes due to his experience and the trust he's earned with James. Ideally, someone like Quinn Cook would probably fit better given his shooting, so we'll see if he eventually slides into the lineup. Either way, when you have LeBron James and Anthony Davis in your closing unit, you're going to be very difficult to beat. For now, that gives the Lakers the best closing lineup in the NBA.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/ranking-every-nba-teams-best-closing-lineup-entering-the-2019-20-season/
I understand where they are going with AD at center (even though he doesn't want to play canter), so Kuzma could be in the game. But i think the Lakers would be better served to have a shooter in there, such as Cook.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject:

Lebron is the SF and likely Green, and zKCP are the backups. Kuzma and Dudley are more likely the backup PF.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Quote:
1. Los Angeles Lakers
G Rajon Rondo
G Danny Green
F LeBron James
F Kyle Kuzma
F Anthony Davis

I actually like that closing lineup quite a bit. The only objection anyone can present is Rondo but going down the stretch of a playoff game, I like that a lot. The final shot, I'd swap Cook in there for shooting purposes.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Quote:
1. Los Angeles Lakers
G Rajon Rondo
G Danny Green
F LeBron James
F Kyle Kuzma
F Anthony Davis

Rondo sucks so much.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Quote:
1. Los Angeles Lakers
G Rajon Rondo
G Danny Green
F LeBron James
F Kyle Kuzma
F Anthony Davis

Rondo sucks so much.

So very much. But it is ESPN.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject:

Rondo should never, NEVER, be on the court with LeBron
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject:

I believe we will be very good defensively this year, even better than the Clippers.

We might be old might have lost a step, but this are very savvy vets than built there NBA rep partly because of there Def. With all these Def minded players rotation which is key to def should be very good this year). And with eraser anchor of AD, Dwight and Mcgee, there should be no easy layup for teams.

LBJ (All Def 6 times)
Dwight (All Def 5 times)
Rondo (All Def 4 times)
AD (All Def 3 times)
Avery (All Def 2 times)
Green (All Def 1 time)

Caruso, Mcgee, KCP, Dudley (all build there rep as for tough Def)
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
I believe we will be very good defensively this year, even better than the Clippers.

We might be old might have lost a step, but this are very savvy vets than built there NBA rep partly because of there Def. With all these Def minded players rotation which is key to def should be very good this year). And with eraser anchor of AD, Dwight and Mcgee, there should be no easy layup for teams.

LBJ (All Def 6 times)
Dwight (All Def 5 times)
Rondo (All Def 4 times)
AD (All Def 3 times)
Avery (All Def 2 times)
Green (All Def 1 time)

Of that group, only one we know for certain that is all NBA level defense now is AD. Green is next, but he's another year older.

Dwight and Avery are wild cards.

LBJ stopped playing consistent D a few years ago and the same for Rondo.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Marc Stein
@TheSteinLine

The Rockets are signing Thabo Sefolosha, league sources say

There goes Plan B.

So they tried to manipulate salary for an Iggy trade, got the basketball reasons and moved on to Thabo.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
DLaker wrote:

LBJ (All Def 6 times)
Dwight (All Def 5 times)
Rondo (All Def 4 times)
AD (All Def 3 times)
Avery (All Def 2 times)
Green (All Def 1 time)

Of that group, only one we know for certain that is all NBA level defense now is AD. Green is next, but he's another year older.

They have it in them to play def, will they is the question? But one thing for sure is they know how do it per the rep they made in the league. And if the right button is push and with the anchor down low we have, if we funnel to our strength, help and rotate, I can see us being very good defensively.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
DLaker wrote:

LBJ (All Def 6 times)
Dwight (All Def 5 times)
Rondo (All Def 4 times)
AD (All Def 3 times)
Avery (All Def 2 times)
Green (All Def 1 time)

Dudley, Caruso, and McGee should all be net positive defenders. Maybe KCP along with Bradley get there. Daniels, Cook, and Rondo are putrid on that end and no more than one of them should get consistent rotation minutes next season barring injury. Kuz is, well...

The Clippers will be the inverse of the Lakers with likely subpar rim protection, but exceptional wing defense. We'll see how it shakes out between the two teams. My guess is that the Lakers defense is going to finish around 12-15, but with a top-5 offense while the Clippers have the chance to be a top-5 defense with an offense around 8-10.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject:

I think we will give the Clippers fits and would match up well with them come playoff time. The Warriors and Nuggets would give us big trouble.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject:

Let's not sugarcoat it though. It's going to be rough on our ballhandlers against Bev/PG/KL. That's a murderer's row of ball hawks and defenders, the latter two being all NBA defender caliber players (though surprisingly KL's been slipping on that end).
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I think we will give the Clippers fits and would match up well with them come playoff time. The Warriors and Nuggets would give us big trouble.

The Warriors and Nuggets have no one to guard Lebron. The Clippers definitely do.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject:

I have yet to see anyone stop LJ on the drive from the top of the key with his power dribbling, long strides, and spins. I would be lying if I said I was not concerned about Beverly. He is an agitator who will get in anyones head while actually being a very good defender to boot.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3710, 3711, 3712 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3711 of 8560
Jump to: