OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3726, 3727, 3728 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski on Andre Iguodala: “It’s the two LA teams. It’s the Lakers and it’s the Clippers. If there is a buyout at some point and if Memphis can’t trade him, that’s where that will come down to those two teams. Memphis is willing to hold down to him, and Iguodala is ok with sitting right now.”

Seems like Iguodala wants to be in LA. I wonder if that might chill a trade market while in the meantime he isn't being aggressive to Memphis' interests so as to engender good will in what may end up a buyout. In some ways, it could benefit the Lakers to have this take until December 15, which would allow them to potentially consolidate a couple pieces in trade while adding a roster spot.

if it is a buyout, then he would not care?
is there any scenario where the extra money from cousins' deal gives us an advantage since it is not prorated for the time he plays?

Only by February or so and assuming other teams only have the prorated vet's minimum to offer (which would be close to half of what Boogie's non-prorated DPE would be).
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject:

If it’s between the Clipps and us for Iggy services then we are the favorites, Iggy has a history of having respect for the Lakers Organization and he is very close with Pelinka on another hand he just lost to Kawhi Leonard in the finals so that’s another reason not to join the Clippers.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If it’s between the Clipps and us for Iggy services then we are the favorites, Iggy has a history of having respect for the Lakers Organization and he is very close with Pelinka on another hand he just lost to Kawhi Leonard in the finals so that’s another reason not to join the Clippers.

Or a reason to go join him

But I agree... IMO we'd be the slight favorites. Many connections: Pelinka, Kobe, McGee and Boogie and Cook (Warriors), AD and Born (Olympics), Mies Simon (Arizona), etc.

I also think we offer the chance where he can get the most credit and the largest role.

AD, Kuzma, Iggy, Green, LeBron

Still dreaming of that closing 5.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

It would be interesting if the Clippers got Iggy.
As we won't be so upset when people start realizing he's not the same Iggy from 2 years ago.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

But I agree... IMO we'd be the slight favorites. Many connections: Pelinka, Kobe, McGee and Boogie and Cook (Warriors), AD and Born (Olympics), Mies Simon (Arizona), etc.

I also think we offer the chance where he can get the most credit and the largest role.

if it wasn’t for Kawhi Leonard he would still be with the Warriors and that might not sit well with him since he loved the Warriors during his time there.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

As we won't be so upset when people start realizing he's not the same Iggy from 2 years ago.

It’s not just that, he can make a big difference in the playoffs because he is clutch and can guard the big time players.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject:

If Iggy joined the Clippers, he'd make sure he'd retire with more championships than Kawhi because ... let's be honest. If you're getting heavy load management already, those knees won't last too much longer.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

if it wasn’t for Kawhi Leonard he would still be with the Warriors and that might not sit well with him since he loved the Warriors during his time there.

Lots of presumptions there. He got traded because KD walked - or wanted to walk
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He’s not the same iggy. But for 16 mpg he can make a huge difference. And imo,.. he was still pretty big in the finals always coming up huge. His d is still top notch as well. Damian lillard says hello.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He’s not the same iggy. But for 16 mpg he can make a huge difference. And imo,.. he was still pretty big in the finals always coming up huge. His d is still top notch as well. Damian lillard says hello.

Yep, that was my point to epak, Iggy can be huge if his minutes are monitored and he’s fresh in the playoffs.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski on Andre Iguodala: “It’s the two LA teams. It’s the Lakers and it’s the Clippers. If there is a buyout at some point and if Memphis can’t trade him, that’s where that will come down to those two teams. Memphis is willing to hold down to him, and Iguodala is ok with sitting right now.”

Seems like Iguodala wants to be in LA. I wonder if that might chill a trade market while in the meantime he isn't being aggressive to Memphis' interests so as to engender good will in what may end up a buyout. In some ways, it could benefit the Lakers to have this take until December 15, which would allow them to potentially consolidate a couple pieces in trade while adding a roster spot.

I don’t see how him wanting to go to LA would chill the trade market. He is under contract so he goes wherever he is traded. Unfortunately we don’t have picks to trade for him.
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Quote:

I don’t see how him wanting to go to LA would chill the trade market. He is under contract so he goes wherever he is traded. Unfortunately we don’t have picks to trade for him.

I actually think that saves us from ourselves. Trading matching salary + draft assets for 1 year of Iggy would be a huge mistake, and I’m sure the Lakers would do it if they could.

I still think he gets bought out — a rebuilding small market franchise with a new FO doesn’t need the reputation of prioritizing marginal asset gain over doing right by one of the most respected vets in the league and his agent.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:37 am    Post subject:

Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Quote:

I actually think that saves us from ourselves. Trading matching salary + draft assets for 1 year of Iggy would be a huge mistake, and I’m sure the Lakers would do it if they could.

I still think he gets bought out — a rebuilding small market franchise with a new FO doesn’t need the reputation of prioritizing marginal asset gain over doing right by one of the most respected vets in the league and his agent.

The one team I could see as a potential trade partner is Denver in a Will Barton for Iggy swap. Iguodala had a successful run in Denver, the Nuggets could really use him in the playoffs against the Lakers/Clippers, and it would save Denver money next season as Malik Beasley and Juancho Hernangomez come up for new contracts. For Memphis they get a cost-controlled, in-his-prime Memphis native in Will Barton to come back and add some scoring punch to a more defensive-oriented roster.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:14 am    Post subject:

This is long so skip it but i had to get it out...

I was really not going to post about this because no matter what I'll always follow my Lakers but i'm extremely dissapointed in ALOT of things. Before people start posting stats to prove my eye test wrong...stats are not the end of it. I'm a Data Science student at Columbia student but this goes beyong the numbers we have access to.

New NBA is driven by algorithims, Algorithims delivered by NBA statistics that we have no access to. These statistics measure things such as

- shooter's gravity
- motion trackers
- defensive intimidation
- etc

Klay is the god of modern basketball, think 63 points on 5 dribbles. THATS EFFICIENCY. Obviously you can't do it everyday, but that is the goal. To move, and move and move.

My guess would be that the Nuggets, Atlanta Hawks, GSW, Nets have the most analytic driven organization. Just based on the way they play, I see that they are using the same statistics to play the game.

1) Coaching:

Vogal seems to be worse than Walton with his not modern NBA line ups. Why would you have Rondo-LeBron-Bradley-Mcgee in the same line-up? YOU HAVE 4 NON-SHOOTERS why would Davis re-sign with us? We seem not to understand math.

On offense, I'm almost about to throw up. I was afraid we would be one of those teams who relied on "SET PLAYS" to score the basketball. Those days are gone! We need to SWING the damn ball and have motion shooters around our stars and everyone attacking the close outs. Thats modern basketball, its boring but thats winning basketball.

It is like a neural network. Your final shot efficiency will be a combine of every element's performance. Unfortunately, a non shooter is the 1 thing these modern networks are against.

You either start Daniels at PG, or you move Davis to C. Simple as that. The offense needs to have 5 players that as soon as the ball touches their hands they can let it fly. This will require defenders to bite when they attempt to close out...We attack the close out, the other defender reaches in as we ttack the paint and we kick it back out...

--- now the defense is behind in spacing because we created space.
we either shoot an open 3, or again attack the close out and look for a big to drop it off under the rim. When the whole defense collapses you kick it back out or dunk the ball.. BUT if you kick it out.
--------------The defense is even more BEHIND.

BTW..I don't believe in individual strong defenders. I believe in smart basketball players that can follow their coaches instruction.

These are my 2 best line-ups to close.

A)

PG. Daniels
SG. Green
SF.Kuzma
PF.LeBron
C.Davis

B)

PG.Bradley
SG.Green
SF.Kuzma
PF.LeBron
C.Davis

But since Davis wants to play PF which i understand..Regular season doesn't matter...He wants to be rested for when it matters. That leaves us with him at PF.

PG.Daniels / Bradley
SG.Green / Caruso
SF.LeBron / KCP / Norvell
PF.Davis / Kuzma / Antetokounpo
C.Mcgee / Dwight / Cacok

That is a good in between line up where you have 4 excellent motion shooters alongside a lob threat and your two stars..This could work. But only to start the game.

Mcgee should focus on LIVING on the perimeter setting high picks which will lead to either dunks or a kick out to the corner.

This team was constructed WRONG. But whatever, we can win it all if we play to our strengths..I also think we might have something in Norvell, Antetokounpo and Cacok...but we need to do it the right way. WHY WOULD YOU PLAY THEM WITH CARUSO + MCGEE? Now you are forcing them to play out of their comfort zone which leads to mistakes and loss in confidense.

PG.Caruso
SG.Norvell
SF.LeBron
PF.Davis
C.Cacok

Play them 5 minutes a game and see what they could bring.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

Even with Iggy, I don't think that puts us over the hump.

AT GSW, Iggy was allowed to coast the regular season and even up to the finals...

On the lakers, he won't have that luxury
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject:

This team needs youth, athleticism and energy. Outside of Davis where are we going to get that? Kuzma has to take a huge step imo.

Competing in the regular season is having players who play hard on both ends of the floor for 48 mins. We can’t afford to miss close outs, not get back on D. That is alll hustle and effort.

West is so powerful we have to play hard every game. That’s my main concern
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject:

scout, you make it sound like Vogel and the staff are trying to win these games. Personally I think they've seen enough in training camp to have a strong idea of what the starting lineup will be. This is just their chance to experiment and see what other guys can do without much risk.

This is also why I didn't have a problem with them going after so many shooters. Even top shelf shooters get cold. If you can plug in a Daniels or Cook for 10 minutes to knock down a shot or two, that can keep you in a game. You can never have too many shooters.

I agree with your point about movement without the ball. This is a team built around its strength and size. Lebron and AD will have the ball a lot, and we're forced to play another big next to AD. This means the other two players need to be constantly moving.

Kuzma was 5th in the league in distance travelled per game (2.6 miles, tied with B.I.). He needs to be in the closing lineup. He has a natural understanding of spacing and knows how to play off Lebron's gravity.

Speaking of gravity, Lebron had none last year. He needs to either improve his shooting or needs a legitimate shooting threat next to him. He was surrounded by non-shooters last season. I think Bradley/Green is an improvement, but if they're cold then they don't provide anything on offense. They need to be on a short leash and Daniels/Cook should get sent in.

Iggy, imo, isn't the savior for this team. He adds some bench depth at a position of need, but he's much slower now and doesn't move as much (1.70 miles per game). If people are expecting allstar production out of him they'll be disappointed. I'll still take him for his defensive IQ and playmaking ability.

Vogel has to work with the talent he has. We don't have the pieces to play the way Brooklyn does, and it would require a move away from the team's strengths (size). His job is to play to the team's strengths. Brooklyn looks like they're going to be the best shooting team in the NBA, even without Kyrie/KD.

Luckily we only have to face them twice in the regular season and I don't think they're a threat to beat Philly or Milwaukee in a 7-game series. Maybe when KD gets back. For now I think Philly/Mil are better matchups because they're built around their bigs.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
This team needs youth, athleticism and energy. Outside of Davis where are we going to get that? Kuzma has to take a huge step imo.

Competing in the regular season is having players who play hard on both ends of the floor for 48 mins. We can’t afford to miss close outs, not get back on D. That is alll hustle and effort.

LeBron doesn’t like playing hard every game, so we might be in a little trouble on that front
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
BobbyB wrote:

LeBron doesn’t like playing hard every game, so we might be in a little trouble on that front

Thats part of the point I'm saying. We can't rely on LeBron, Rondo, Green, Bradley to play hard on both ends of the floor for 30-35 mins a game.

Davis needs to have the mamba mentality where he wants to completely dominate on both ends and im not sure if he's shown that consistently in his career. Guard the best player on opposing team. Be arrogant, get on his teammates.

We cant rely on Caruso, and KCP to be our energy and hustle guys because they are just not that good and inconsistent.

I honestly believe if we make the playoffs we are in a good position to be successful because the game starts slowing down and is matchup based.

Regular season is another animal. Teams are playing fast, lots of youth, 3 pointers, they want to beat the lakers. This is where we will struggle the most and its concerning.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
scout, you make it sound like Vogel and the staff are trying to win these games. Personally I think they've seen enough in training camp to have a strong idea of what the starting lineup will be. This is just their chance to experiment and see what other guys can do without much risk.

This is also why I didn't have a problem with them going after so many shooters. Even top shelf shooters get cold. If you can plug in a Daniels or Cook for 10 minutes to knock down a shot or two, that can keep you in a game. You can never have too many shooters.

I agree with your point about movement without the ball. This is a team built around its strength and size. Lebron and AD will have the ball a lot, and we're forced to play another big next to AD. This means the other two players need to be constantly moving.

Kuzma was 5th in the league in distance travelled per game (2.6 miles, tied with B.I.). He needs to be in the closing lineup. He has a natural understanding of spacing and knows how to play off Lebron's gravity.

Speaking of gravity, Lebron had none last year. He needs to either improve his shooting or needs a legitimate shooting threat next to him. He was surrounded by non-shooters last season. I think Bradley/Green is an improvement, but if they're cold then they don't provide anything on offense. They need to be on a short leash and Daniels/Cook should get sent in.

Iggy, imo, isn't the savior for this team. He adds some bench depth at a position of need, but he's much slower now and doesn't move as much (1.70 miles per game). If people are expecting allstar production out of him they'll be disappointed. I'll still take him for his defensive IQ and playmaking ability.

Vogel has to work with the talent he has. We don't have the pieces to play the way Brooklyn does, and it would require a move away from the team's strengths (size). His job is to play to the team's strengths. Brooklyn looks like they're going to be the best shooting team in the NBA, even without Kyrie/KD.

Luckily we only have to face them twice in the regular season and I don't think they're a threat to beat Philly or Milwaukee in a 7-game series. Maybe when KD gets back. For now I think Philly/Mil are better matchups because they're built around their bigs.

We will struggle against teams that play up tempo and shoot a lot of 3's and guess what its not just Brooklyn.

Teams like Kings, Blazers, Pelicans, Mavs, Nuggets all in the west. will be shooting a ton of 3's, and up and down. and we will see them all 4 times.

We dont need Iggy We need more youth and energy two way players. to surround Lebron and AD.

Kuzma will be critical
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

We will struggle against teams that play up tempo and shoot a lot of 3's and guess what its not just Brooklyn.

Teams like Kings, Blazers, Pelicans, Mavs, Nuggets all in the west. will be shooting a ton of 3's, and up and down. and we will see them all 4 times.

We dont need Iggy We need more youth and energy two way players. to surround Lebron and AD.

Kuzma will be critical

TBH,... I think our biggest weakness is coming from our lack of perimeter scoring. We have no one outside of LeBron who can consistently create their own shot. It’s feeling unfortunately like the Kobe/Howard year. Nash was too hurt, and MWP was no longer good enough to be looked at as a shot creator. We had one of the best big men rotations available but our lack of perimeter creation hurt us down the road and caused too much burden on Kobe. I fear this will be our downfall for Bron too.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:

Kuzma will be critical

100% agree that the FO should have gone with some youth, length and athleticism to surround AD/Bron, especially at the end of the bench. This isn't the first time the FO has made this mistake.

We still need Iggy though because we have no SF perimeter defense.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject:

[/quote]

TBH,... I think our biggest weakness is coming from our lack of perimeter scoring. We have no one outside of LeBron who can consistently create their own shot. It’s feeling unfortunately like the Kobe/Howard year. Nash was too hurt, and MWP was no longer good enough to be looked at as a shot creator. We had one of the best big men rotations available but our lack of perimeter creation hurt us down the road and caused too much burden on Kobe. I fear this will be our downfall for Bron too.[/quote]

I agree with this as well. No one on the perimeter to create offense for themselves.

Lou Williams is so huge for the clippers.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:

💯
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3726, 3727, 3728 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3727 of 8560
Jump to: