OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3853, 3854, 3855 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:02 am    Post subject:

While anything could happen, I agree with those who think that Cousins isn't getting traded. I just think that he's AD's guy, that he will be around the team all year, and that even if he doesn't return to the floor this season, the Lakers want a role for him next season, possibly as the nominal starting center. Being "part of the program" all season long, in looking towards next year (and keeping AD happy) is going to be how it plays out, I believe. I think the Lakers would probably prefer to bring Dwight back over McGee if Dwight keeps this up, and that McGee would possibly be traded in the offseason if he kept his player option. (Of course, if he sees the writing on the wall, he could simply opt out and thus choose his next team, rather than the Lakers choosing it for him.) And it remains so very unlikely that KCP would get traded this season due to his veto power. Besides, if he's playing well, the Lakers will probably want to keep him around, and if he were playing so poorly that he was barely getting playing time, why would another team want to trade for him anyway?

Regarding Kuz, I don't think it's illogical that he could get moved. While cheap players on rookie deals are important, the bigger focus at this point has to be on winning a championship. If the Lakers think that Kuzma is an average player at best and/or just not a great fit with this roster, it might behoove them to see what they can get for him before he gets to the final year of his rookie deal next year. And I will reiterate that Kuzma and Cook for Bogdan Bogdanovich works under the trade rules. Of course, this very likely won't be enough to get Bogdan, and you might have to include THT to even get them to consider it. I'll also reiterate to y'all that he's already turned down an extension offer from the Kings, and that they might be hesitant to give yet another guard big money since Hield is locked in and since Fox needs to be extended before next season. Yeah, they could just match any offer and then look to immediately trade him after Dec. 15 next year, but perhaps they would prefer to get a cheaper player or players back, and/or picks. It's one thing when a team like the Bucks lets Malcolm Brogdon get away; they had a realistic chance to win a championship last season, so they weren't going to trade him before he hit RFA. (Of course, the Bucks ended up being uncomfortable with Brogdon's market and let him sign elsewhere.) The Kings are obviously not going to win a championship this season, so maybe they will want to get something for Bogdan before he gets paid relatively big money. It wouldn't be unrealistic that the Kings could just lose him for nothing if they hold onto him, as all it would take is a team to throw big money at him and the Kings simply being too queasy to carry that number on their books. That could happen to the Lakers too, by the way, but at least we would be in the same position the Bucks were in last year: the player could help us win a title.

Our team is really rolling, but Kuz feels out of place to me. Maybe I'm overreacting to his start to the season, which was admittedly delayed due to injury. Or maybe his hot start to his rookie year shooting 3's was the outlier, since he wasn't a good 3-point shooter in college and hasn't been for most of his short NBA career, either. And his late-game blocked shots last night aside, he's not a very capable defender. So yes, I have my doubts about him.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject:

It will be the play of the role players that will win the Lakers a championship.
Lebron and AD cannot do it by themselves.
And it seems that the Clippers will be the biggest roadblock in WC.
Green, McGee, KCP, Bradley, Avery, Howard, Rondo, and even Kuzma have been doing a good job although not at the same time. And their good play needs to continue. First place in WC now.
If the Lakers can find a way to slow down KL and PG, there will be a good chance.
That is why a defensive SF would be a good idea. But such a commodity may be hard to find at this stage.
Vogel will have to find a way to slow them down.The Clippers have good role players also.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

You either must be thinking of somebody else or you've never seen him play and are pretending to. He's been one of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA for some time. Maybe not at the peak he was a year or two ago but still very good.

Unbiased answer?

Quote:
And here are the top bigs by our Perimeter Defense metric at
@The_BBall_Index
:
1. Draymond Green
2. Paul Millsap
3. Thaddeus Young
4. Pascal Siakam
5. Larry Nance

Last time I checked Kawhi/PG are perimeter players and not bigs

Do you see the words "perimeter defense"? Who do you think they're guarding out there? Rudy Gobert and Andre Drummond? Draymond never guarded Kawhi or Lebron in the Finals? "No, Draymond, you are a big. You guard Tristan Thompson and Marc Gasol only," Steve Kerr famously said. Lol, you can just admit you're wrong. Don't have to pretend to live in 1990 position identities just to feel right.

Thad Young played probably the best D on Lebron i'd ever seen when he was on the Pacers 2 years ago. Better than Iggy and Draymond. He guards perimeter wings and he guards them really well. A million times better than Kuzma while being just as reliable with his 3-ball (which is kind of reliable).

U r basing this of ur 2 year old impression lol

Lakers are not trading a 24 year old for a 31 year old who is a career average player

Convington I will take a look but Thad young? Lol

No, i'm not basing that on his whole career. With advanced stats to back it up. You're basing your assessment on absolutely nothing except moving goalposts (now it's the age difference). Lakers title window is 1-2 years. If trading Kuz and his 10 ppg and no defense helps them do that, they will. Lakers can find a guy who will shoot 35% from 3, do zero creating/rebounding/defense in future drafts or on free agency bargain bin if they need to.

I am basing it on the fact that they didn't put kuzma in the ad trade.

They are not trading him for 31yr career average player, period

Whether u like it or not

Lol, if Thaddeus Young is an "average" player than Kuzma is a "below average" player. Go to any point in Young's career: 19 years old, 24, 27, even now. Better numbers across the board. Better defense. One thing Kuzma edges him out on is scoring and that's only because he jacks up more shots. I WISH Kuzma could be a Thaddeus Young one day. But he lacks the talent and BBall IQ. Only thing he has Thad Young doesn't is hype and Laker Homer goggles.

Kuz was only held out of AD trade because they thought he could be a "third star." Which was an increasingly obvious poor assessment.

Both are not going to win u championship this year. Rather keep the guy who is 7 years younger.

31 years Thad young is so great that he is playing from bench 21mins only for the bulls.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject:

Thoughts on Kuzma for Taurean Prince. TP would complement Lebron and AD on both ends of the court and also match up well vs the Clippers. Not sure Nets would do this but I believe their salary cap is maxed out next year.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Thoughts on Kuzma for Taurean Prince. TP would complement Lebron and AD on both ends of the court and also match up well vs the Clippers. Not sure Nets would do this but I believe their salary cap is maxed out next year.

Nets just gave him an extension I think
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:

Nets just gave him an extension I think

That is correct although the $ value is reasonable. Tight cap for them next year with Joe Harris a FA. Kuzma would give some salary relief. One issue is Levert is always injured which may give Nets reason to not trade TP.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject:

Lakers have big plans for next summer.

Imagine having a 33 year old average player making 14.5m contract.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject:

only 6 mill of that 14.5 is guaranteed

I could see thad young being a poor man's iggy at least defensively in the playoffs for us

could be a chip winning type of trade

definitely willing to give kuz until the deadline but if he hasn't improved I say we deal him for young or bogey
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

The possibilities of Danny Green's contract intrigues me.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
CRoost wrote:

Thaddeus Young is like in his 30s and has not done anything in the playoff to suggest that hes gonna become an X Factor like those Posey and Horry type and Kuzma has that swagger on him and not scared of moment type which is a sign of cold blooded clutch. Not worth of losing Kuzma especially if you have to pick his $42 million remaining. . We ain’t a championship team if we win because of Thaddeus Young nor Kuzma.

I'd rather have someone that plays all around better basketball the entire time he's on the floor than someone who we feel has a slightly better chance of hitting a clutch shot? And what is that even based on? What big shots has Kuzma made? He's never been in the playoffs. Horry and Posey were "clutch" because they had been in the playoffs before. Horry was on those Rockets Title teams his rookie year. That's why hitting big shots for the Lakes and Spurs was business as usual for him. You also forget that Posey and Horry were good defenders...

And fwiw, the final year of Young's contract isn't guaranteed. He has 26 mil in remaining salary, which is far less than Kuz is going to be wanting when he's a free agent.

26 million is a waste of money because Young is not a 3rd option nor will ever be . He’s been in the playoff and he’s not a clutch type of player. At least with Kuz, he already hit some clutch shots so has the knack or the potential to be when it matters.

I can understand from defensive standpoint in the regular seasonbut Lebron will play about 36-40 minutes in the playoffs.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

Both are not going to win u championship this year. Rather keep the guy who is 7 years younger.

31 years Thad young is so great that he is playing from bench 21mins only for the bulls.

Kuzma is also playing 22 mgp...behind a 32 year old Danny Green. And Lakers window is now. They don't care how old a guy will be in 2025. THat's why they traded all their picks away until then. And what are the big plans Lakers have in free agency next year? They're over the cap no matter what. That's why they should be making a trade that adds salary next year (but not the year after). Not hard to replace Kuzma's 10 ppg and zero contribution anywhere else.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Kuzma is also playing 22 mgp...behind a 32 year old Danny Green. And Lakers window is now. They don't care how old a guy will be in 2025. THat's why they traded all their picks away until then. And what are the big plans Lakers have in free agency next year? They're over the cap no matter what. That's why they should be making a trade that adds salary next year (but not the year after). Not hard to replace Kuzma's 10 ppg and zero contribution anywhere else.

danny green is a pf? please.

dont make up stuff to support ur argument
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Forgot you're still living in 1990, where everyone has a concrete position like "pf" and Kawhi Leonard wouldn't join the Clippers because Donald Sterling is the owner. Maybe we should trade Kuzma for someone who knows the Triangle better.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

lol:

https://i.ibb.co/YtsWCTZ/Screen-Shot-2019-12-05-at-1-48-33-PM.png
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Forgot you're still living in 1990, where everyone has a concrete position like "pf" and Kawhi Leonard wouldn't join the Clippers because Donald Sterling is the owner. Maybe we should trade Kuzma for someone who knows the Triangle better.

This is the type of response you see when you have nothing to say.

😂😂
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

lol:

Next summer green won't be on contract genius. His contract expires
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

lol:

Next summer green won't be on contract genius. His contract expires

I think when saying "next" summer, there could be some confusion.
Seems you meant the summer of 2021.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
While anything could happen, I agree with those who think that Cousins isn't getting traded. I just think that he's AD's guy, that he will be around the team all year, and that even if he doesn't return to the floor this season, the Lakers want a role for him next season, possibly as the nominal starting center. Being "part of the program" all season long, in looking towards next year (and keeping AD happy) is going to be how it plays out, I believe. I think the Lakers would probably prefer to bring Dwight back over McGee if Dwight keeps this up, and that McGee would possibly be traded in the offseason if he kept his player option. (Of course, if he sees the writing on the wall, he could simply opt out and thus choose his next team, rather than the Lakers choosing it for him.) And it remains so very unlikely that KCP would get traded this season due to his veto power. Besides, if he's playing well, the Lakers will probably want to keep him around, and if he were playing so poorly that he was barely getting playing time, why would another team want to trade for him anyway?

Regarding Kuz, I don't think it's illogical that he could get moved. While cheap players on rookie deals are important, the bigger focus at this point has to be on winning a championship. If the Lakers think that Kuzma is an average player at best and/or just not a great fit with this roster, it might behoove them to see what they can get for him before he gets to the final year of his rookie deal next year. And I will reiterate that Kuzma and Cook for Bogdan Bogdanovich works under the trade rules. Of course, this very likely won't be enough to get Bogdan, and you might have to include THT to even get them to consider it. I'll also reiterate to y'all that he's already turned down an extension offer from the Kings, and that they might be hesitant to give yet another guard big money since Hield is locked in and since Fox needs to be extended before next season. Yeah, they could just match any offer and then look to immediately trade him after Dec. 15 next year, but perhaps they would prefer to get a cheaper player or players back, and/or picks. It's one thing when a team like the Bucks lets Malcolm Brogdon get away; they had a realistic chance to win a championship last season, so they weren't going to trade him before he hit RFA. (Of course, the Bucks ended up being uncomfortable with Brogdon's market and let him sign elsewhere.) The Kings are obviously not going to win a championship this season, so maybe they will want to get something for Bogdan before he gets paid relatively big money. It wouldn't be unrealistic that the Kings could just lose him for nothing if they hold onto him, as all it would take is a team to throw big money at him and the Kings simply being too queasy to carry that number on their books. That could happen to the Lakers too, by the way, but at least we would be in the same position the Bucks were in last year: the player could help us win a title.

Our team is really rolling, but Kuz feels out of place to me. Maybe I'm overreacting to his start to the season, which was admittedly delayed due to injury. Or maybe his hot start to his rookie year shooting 3's was the outlier, since he wasn't a good 3-point shooter in college and hasn't been for most of his short NBA career, either. And his late-game blocked shots last night aside, he's not a very capable defender. So yes, I have my doubts about him.

Bogdanovic for Kuzma and Cook wins the Lakers a championship.

Unfortunately, two guys named Bjelica and Bagley stand in the way of that idea. The Kings have two guys at PF already who thrive there.

The Kings only do that deal if Bagley comes back and proves that he's a center. Even then, it's a reach though, because Kuzma probably isn't the best fit next to a center who isn't known for defense (Bagley).

I want to believe it's possible to get Bogdanovic, but if I were the Kings, I'd surely hold on to him and resign him this summer. I wouldn't care how mad he is about it either.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Is Alex Caruso the wing defender behind Danny Green that we all have been saying this team needs?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Is Alex Caruso the wing defender behind Danny Green that we all have been saying this team needs?

Nope.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject:

I know he's been playing poorly but some of you are suggesting selling Kuzma way too low.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
I know he's been playing poorly but some of you are suggesting selling Kuzma way too low.

There is a fine line to walk on selling too early and selling too late.

If there are still some believers across the league and the Lakers FO doubts that he will improve significantly, then perhaps sell now while there are still a few believers that will give a reasonable offer.

If the Lakers FO thinks that he will improve significantly and they decide to hold on rather than trade, then the few believers across the league could disappear if he is much the same at the end of January. Then offers would be worse than what they could get for him in mid December.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:

Not unless he proves can slow down bigger wings like KL and PG13.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
2019 wrote:

There is a fine line to walk on selling too early and selling too late.

If there are still some believers across the league and the Lakers FO doubts that he will improve significantly, then perhaps sell now while there are still a few believers that will give a reasonable offer.

If the Lakers FO thinks that he will improve significantly and they decide to hold on rather than trade, then the few believers across the league could disappear if he is much the same at the end of January. Then offers would be worse than what they could get for him in mid December.

tough position!!
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:

he has been an elite combo guard defender but he lacks the size to defend long wings.
Its so frustrating that Kuzma is a bad defender because he has the foundation to be a great one.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3853, 3854, 3855 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3854 of 8560
Jump to: