OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3857, 3858, 3859 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
So working out the math even more, if we theoretically traded Kuz (as the "centerpiece"), Cook, Daniels (or Dudley), we would get to 6.594m.

If my math is right that would allow us to take back 11.59m in incoming salary? That could fetch a nice piece...

Isn't 6.594 * 1.20 = 7.9M?

If the outgoing salary is below $6,533,333, you can take back 175% plus 100K. If the outgoing salary is between $6,533,333 and $19.6MM, you can take back the outgoing salary plus $5MM. And if the outgoing salary is more than $19.6MM, you can take back 125% plus 100K.

Sweet. Gracias.
6.594 + 5 = 11.594M

So that's why you guys mention Robby Covington so much.

Well, it sort of addresses the "Kuz makes too little" point. Adding a player who is out of the rotation (Cook, on basically 1 guaranteed year deal) and either Daniels or Dudley gets you 11.5m in salary back. that opens up the field considerably.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject:

For the people who like Fitzdale as an assistant ... would you rather him or Beilein?

Amid 5-15 start, Cavs players are upset at head coach John Beilein for treating the season and team like they are “still in college,” per @ShamsCharania and @joevardon

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1203018208589930496
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Not sure if we can afford to give up Cook. He's going to potentially be the 2nd-3rd string ballhandler behind Bron. Rondo and Bradley haven't been the pinnacle of health in recent years, and I don't think AC is ready for that yet.

Is 11.5m enough to land another shot creator? I really, really doubt that defense is going to be the problem for us. We struggle to score to close out games. Conversely, we're insanely good defensively, top of the league in DRTG in the 4th quarter, with the second team not even close (lol).

I still also like the Daniels + second for Nwaba deal. I think that dude would pester the (bleep) out of PG, along with KCP and Bradley. Could potentially stay with Lou as well.

Last edited by levon on Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:13 pm; edited 4 times in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
epak wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
So working out the math even more, if we theoretically traded Kuz (as the "centerpiece"), Cook, Daniels (or Dudley), we would get to 6.594m.

If my math is right that would allow us to take back 11.59m in incoming salary? That could fetch a nice piece...

If the outgoing salary is below $6,533,333, you can take back 175% plus 100K. If the outgoing salary is between $6,533,333 and $19.6MM, you can take back the outgoing salary plus $5MM. And if the outgoing salary is more than $19.6MM, you can take back 125% plus 100K.

Sweet. Gracias.
6.594 + 5 = 11.594M

Well, it sort of addresses the "Kuz makes too little" point. Adding a player who is out of the rotation (Cook, on basically 1 guaranteed year deal) and either Daniels or Dudley gets you 11.5m in salary back. that opens up the field considerably.

Good stuff. And your math was spot on
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Fiz.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma, Cook, and McGee imo are the guys that have most to improve over the course of the year in terms of hitting our ceiling. I'd rather not give up 2 of the 3 of those guys without seeing how far they get.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Kuzma, Cook, and McGee imo are the guys that have most to improve over the course of the year in terms of hitting our ceiling. I'd rather not give up 2 of the 3 of those guys without seeing how far they get.

It also hurts our depth.
We're fortunate we're mostly healthy right now.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Not sure if we can afford to give up Cook. He's going to potentially be the 2nd-3rd string ballhandler behind Bron. Rondo and Bradley haven't been the pinnacle of health in recent years, and I don't think AC is ready for that yet.

Is 11.5m enough to land another shot creator? I really, really doubt that defense is going to be the problem for us. We struggle to score to close out games. Conversely, we're insanely good defensively, top of the league in DRTG in the 4th quarter, with the second team not even close (lol).

I still also like the Daniels + second for Nwaba deal. I think that dude would pester the (bleep) out of PG, along with KCP and Bradley. Could potentially stay with Lou as well.

Nwaba isn’t that good. Our assets are going to be so limited the next few years that I absolutely would not give up a second round pick for him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Cook is basically a SG though. Not really given a responsibility to handle. We have LBJ/Rondo/Bradley as the "point" players ahead of Cook. But I get the idea.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Rumor: James Harden told Mike D’Antoni during last playoff game Rockets had to move Chris Paul

Spears: The one thing that I heard, which I will say this, because I have to preface it, that I have to see to believe, but from one rumor – I’ve got to put exclamation point before I say it, right? I don’t know this is fact. But I was told that James ran up to Coach D’Antoni and put his hand over his mic – because D’Antoni was mic’d – and told him, “We’ve got to get Chris out of here.”

After that Game 6 loss to the Warriors, Harden said, “I know what we need to do. I know exactly what we need to do. We’ll figure it out this summer.” Many assumed he meant trading Paul. Good luck convincing anyone otherwise now.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/12/06/rumor-james-harden-told-mike-dantoni-during-last-playoff-game-rockets-had-to-move-chris-paul/
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

The Rockets' protest of their loss to San Antonio on Tuesday night is officially into the league office -- and will have to prove "clear evidence" that the outcome of the game was affected by the play in question to succeed

In other words ... can Houston conclusively prove that a solitary lost basket affected the outcome of a game in which it held a double-digit lead with nearly eight minutes remaining? It's a high bar

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1202998621387526146
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:58 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
levon wrote:

Nwaba isn’t that good. Our assets are going to be so limited the next few years that I absolutely would not give up a second round pick for him.

Nwaba is a good on ball defender. We can utilize him as a situational defender with his athleticism, his wingspan and a strong base. Having both Daniels and Cook is redundant. I actually prefer Cook since he can create his own shot better than Daniels. We can easily shop for 2nd since our 2nd round is most likely late picks.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
The Rockets' protest of their loss to San Antonio on Tuesday night is officially into the league office -- and will have to prove "clear evidence" that the outcome of the game was affected by the play in question to succeed

In other words ... can Houston conclusively prove that a solitary lost basket affected the outcome of a game in which it held a double-digit lead with nearly eight minutes remaining? It's a high bar

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1202998621387526146

Lol at the Rockets. Just take the L and move on.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epak wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Sweet. Gracias.
6.594 + 5 = 11.594M

Good stuff. And your math was spot on

So the only problem that remains is, if we take back an increase of $6.5M+ in salary through a trade, and Iggy becomes available, does signing Iggy push us over a tax threshold and cost us the MLE?
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Legit 3rd option, Kirilenko type of defender who can make impact, disgruntled long wing 2 way player in a rookie scale . Those are the most optimum trade for us but it’s a reach for us to fetch guys like those for Kuz. The locker room is drama free, we are rolling and our players seem to drink the same cool aid so I am gonna consider all of those factors before even shopping Kuz .

But Guys like Thaddeus Young are buyout type.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Simple trade idea: Quinn Cook for Yogi Ferrell
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject:

As much as his offense is infuriating, I would not think of dealing Kuzma for any vet. Yes win now, but unless the vet is top quality who really could match up with elite wings like Kawhi-PG and both make them work on D and O, I would not do it.

No way I do it in a trade for this Iguodala.

If there was a player like I described above, yes. Otherwise you just have to slide Green over to 3 and make him defend the elite wings if playoffs began today. KCP as well.

Since playoffs are 5 months away, I would work with Kuzma until then to keep improving his defense and to find his niche in the offense. Kuzma's D has improved since the season's start. If big If, Kuzma can find some set plays that get him going, then we can milk those in the playoffs to get him going against Paul George/Kawhi other elite wings. He is the only dude we have on the roster who could make PG or Kawhi work on the other end. Danny Green/KCP not like Kuz in that regard. Again, this is best version of Kuz, which we have not seen at all. I trust Frank knows this, which is why he is being patient with Kuzma and consistently giving him the minutes to find his way.

What Kuzma did against Millsap in the Denver game late, was nice to see. It was the first time this season I saw Kuzma step up against one of the elite forwards in the game and really defend. Like I said 5 months maybe 6 until we would have to maybe face the Clippers. I trust Phil Handy, Frank etc. to keep working with Kuzma until then. No I don't trade him for a declining vet who should be had for the vet min in the open market. No way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
carjoch831
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject:

How about Kuz and Cook/Daniels for Jonathan Isaac of Orlando?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject:

carjoch831 wrote:

I liked his potential in the draft. Would be surprised if Orlando were willing to trade him so quick.

However he is the sort of talent I would definitely investigate into - he is 22. Has long arms. Could be taught elite defense. Would seem on paper like a guy you could develop into a high quality 2-way forward. No way he is getting the open shots in Orlando that he would in LA.

Don't think Orlando would do it, though. He is lottery talent and he is improving each year, even though slowly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

carjoch831 wrote:

We should also look to get DJ Augustin in the deal.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wonder if we could get Washington to do Bertans for Boogie/Daniels. Saves them some coin while sending Davis to a contender. Despite being hurt this year, it potentially reunites Wall and Cousins going forward and gives them a shooting guard with Miles just having season ending surgery. Bertans probably has more value than that. But it would be nice.

Despite being out of the rotation, it seems Cook is part of the team fabric. Boogie is well liked too, but isn’t going to suit up this season.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Per Stephen A Smith.. Knicks have interest in Jason Kidd as the next head coach of the NY Knicks.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Per Stephen A Smith.. Knicks have interest in Jason Kidd as the next head coach of the NY Knicks.

We will take Marcus Morris and a draft pick #compensation
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
levon wrote:

We don’t have a second rounder to give up until 2024.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
As much as his offense is infuriating, I would not think of dealing Kuzma for any vet. Yes win now, but unless the vet is top quality who really could match up with elite wings like Kawhi-PG and both make them work on D and O, I would not do it.

No way I do it in a trade for this Iguodala.

If there was a player like I described above, yes. Otherwise you just have to slide Green over to 3 and make him defend the elite wings if playoffs began today. KCP as well.

Since playoffs are 5 months away, I would work with Kuzma until then to keep improving his defense and to find his niche in the offense. Kuzma's D has improved since the season's start. If big If, Kuzma can find some set plays that get him going, then we can milk those in the playoffs to get him going against Paul George/Kawhi other elite wings. He is the only dude we have on the roster who could make PG or Kawhi work on the other end. Danny Green/KCP not like Kuz in that regard. Again, this is best version of Kuz, which we have not seen at all. I trust Frank knows this, which is why he is being patient with Kuzma and consistently giving him the minutes to find his way.

What Kuzma did against Millsap in the Denver game late, was nice to see. It was the first time this season I saw Kuzma step up against one of the elite forwards in the game and really defend. Like I said 5 months maybe 6 until we would have to maybe face the Clippers. I trust Phil Handy, Frank etc. to keep working with Kuzma until then. No I don't trade him for a declining vet who should be had for the vet min in the open market. No way.

I agree, i've been hard on Kuzma because I believe there's a much better player hiding in there somewhere and considering the fact he finally has a bunch of veterans and a good coaching staff around him. We also still have 1 1/2 seasons of him on a dirt cheap contract to see if any of that helps him turn the corner. I think he really needs to find his role and just stick to it without doing much else because I think it's pretty fair to say he will never be an intangibles or high iq kind of role player. You got to find ways to let him feel comfortable in the offense and score and get him in a habit of hustling on defense and being in the right positions. Easier said then done but I still have a few glimmers of hope.

I'm all for trading him if it's for the missing piece or some legit 3rd option of course but I don't see that happening. We are and absolutely should be in win now mode but at the same time we need at least a little bit of youth in the rotation especially with the majority of our draft picks gone for the foreseeable future as well.

On top of all that, this team clearly has some amazing chemistry through the entire roster so you have to tread lightly because a few missteps could crack that real fast.

I'm sure Rob is gladly taking any and all trade offers while trying to make some of his own but at the same time there is no reason to make a move just to do it.

We're also a clear top destination for buyouts as well.. Remember, both Dwight and Bradley were buyouts so you never know who could be available later in the season once many teams start realizing there season is over after the all star break.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3857, 3858, 3859 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3858 of 8560
Jump to: