OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3859, 3860, 3861 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
How the hell does the Laker front office build this team with zero SFs?

To hell with their record. Y'all can focus on that all you want. I trust my basketball wisdom, intuition, and eyes.

There were more than a handful of guys on this board clamoring for Hollis-Jefferson, Nwaba, or Sefolosha. All those guys were available FOR THE MINIMUM.

It's incompetence. I know. They're best in the West (record-wise), but when I look at this team's roster, I see many glaring holes and an overall poor roster construction.

Pelinka and friends did a bad job building this roster. They lacked vision.

I'll ask it again in a slightly different way: How can you build a team with hopes of winning it all when you zero guys on the roster who can guard a SF and your primary threat to the championship has TWO ELITE GUYS who play that SF position?

Incompetence. And for those of you who will tell me to check the record, I say you lack vision. I'm predicting the future here. Not many will agree with me now (because of a shiny record ), but this summer, after the holes are shown to the world, we'll all be in lock step.

This roster was put together badly. Where are the SFs? A damn shame.

Lebron will guard SF in the playoffs. What we need is a long wing that can do it in long stretch of marathon regular season . We hope Kuz will get there but we are most likely looking at buyout market.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Lebron has not been a shutdown dude in a while, not even playoffs. He's much better playing a free safety role. He'll guard a guy in big moments, but he's not gonna be guarding Kawhi or PG for entire games. We do need a guy that can help shoulder that responsibility over a 7-game series.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Giannis exposing the lie that Kawhi shut him down by himself last year with the previous play, then drew 4 Clipper defenders and gave Beverley his 4th foul on that play.

MVP
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
drae wrote:
Giannis is playing badly today. The big Bucks runs have come when Giannis was off the court

Cue back to back dunks by Giannis.

It was amazing

I know Kawhi's been playing hard but do I see a slight limp already?

Still no Bucks player want to go at him.

Edit . Giannis went and all he could muster was a fade-away midrange that dropped.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
drae wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
drae wrote:
Giannis is playing badly today. The big Bucks runs have come when Giannis was off the court

It was amazing

Edit . Giannis went and all he could muster was a fade-away midrange that dropped.

Kawhi can't stop Giannis. If he drops back he'll shoot over, he plays close Giannis will blow by.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

To hell with their record. Y'all can focus on that all you want. I trust my basketball wisdom, intuition, and eyes.

There were more than a handful of guys on this board clamoring for Hollis-Jefferson, Nwaba, or Sefolosha. All those guys were available FOR THE MINIMUM.

It's incompetence. I know. They're best in the West (record-wise), but when I look at this team's roster, I see many glaring holes and an overall poor roster construction.

I'll ask it again in a slightly different way: How can you build a team with hopes of winning it all when you zero guys on the roster who can guard a SF and your primary threat to the championship has TWO ELITE GUYS who play that SF position?

Incompetence. And for those of you who will tell me to check the record, I say you lack vision. I'm predicting the future here. Not many will agree with me now (because of a shiny record ), but this summer, after the holes are shown to the world, we'll all be in lock step.

Lebron will guard SF in the playoffs. What we need is a long wing that can do it in long stretch of marathon regular season . We hope Kuz will get there but we are most likely looking at buyout market.

The question stands: How do you build a team with zero SFs?

You're the second guy to say "they'll get one". Why didn't they "get one" when they built the damn roster?

There were plenty available ... for the minimum.

Incompetence.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Bucks making the Clippers look old and slow.

Scary stuff
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

You're the second guy to say "they'll get one". Why didn't they "get one" when they built the damn roster?

Incompetence.

Lebron plays PG on offense and SF on defense. Lebron plays 30 plus minutes. Kuz back him up and get the remaining minutes. Your question should be rephrase like how come we did not get a proven long wing defender? The answer is we rather develop Kuz because he’s young and much better fit than RHJ and Sefolosha.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
CRoost wrote:
drae wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
drae wrote:

It was amazing

Kawhi can't stop Giannis. If he drops back he'll shoot over, he plays close Giannis will blow by.

LMAO, you don’t win the chip in regular season. Bucks should have won it all if that’s an accurate assessment.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
drae wrote:
CRoost wrote:
drae wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
drae wrote:

It was amazing

LMAO, you don’t win the chip in regular season. Bucks should have won it all if that’s an accurate assessment.

Kawhi couldn't stop Giannis in Toronto by himself. It was a team effort and Toronto building a wall behind Kawhi. This game just shows clearly the lie to the pro-Clipper narrative.

By himself Kawhi has no chance of stopping Giannis.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
CRoost wrote:
drae wrote:
CRoost wrote:
drae wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
drae wrote:

It was amazing

Kawhi couldn't stop Giannis in Toronto by himself. It was a team effort and Toronto building a wall behind Kawhi. This game just shows clearly the lie to the pro-Clipper narrative.

Lol so now it’s a team game.

Giannis is shooting 11-of-31 from the field (35.5 percent) in the 131 possessions when Kawhi has been his primary defender. He’s not making many plays for his teammates (four assists and five turnovers) or getting to the foul line (three made free throws), either.

That’s not a narrative. That’s a fact .
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
drae wrote:
CRoost wrote:
drae wrote:
CRoost wrote:
drae wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
drae wrote:

It was amazing

Lol so now it’s a team game.

Giannis is shooting 11-of-31 from the field (35.5 percent) in the 131 possessions when Kawhi has been his primary defender. He’s not making many plays for his teammates (four assists and five turnovers) or getting to the foul line (three made free throws), either.

That’s not a narrative. That’s a fact .

Kawhi had his teammates to thank for his great defensive performance against Giannis. By himself he can't do anything to stop him.

Fact.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject:

I like this version of Kawhi
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Kawhi is not great defensively anymore, dude has lost all his athleticism.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

Hmmm

Opponent FG is 34.6 % overall and 18 % on 3 ball.

I think you guys are creating narrative emotionally after he dumped us.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:53 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Hmmm

He usually defends one of the least threatening offensive players this year.

Not very good defensively this year. His job on … Tucker was admirable
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Incompetence.

Lebron plays PG on offense and SF on defense. Lebron plays 30 plus minutes. Kuz back him up and get the remaining minutes. Your question should be rephrase like how come we did not get a proven long wing defender? The answer is we rather develop Kuz because he’s young and much better fit than RHJ and Sefolosha.

Oh, so you're one of the ones who still thinks Kuzma at 6'9.5 will ever be a competent SF defender?

We disagree here.

Pelinka, clearly to me, didn't see what many armchair GMS on LG saw, that the Lakers lacked a defensive wing.

A huge mistake in my book.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
CRoost wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Hmmm

Lol so numbers lie and you don’t.

And you got the subjective data to back it up.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Incompetence.

They thought Iggy would be released. Meanwhile they have 8-9 guards while solid and cheap SF options came off the board.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
drae wrote:
CRoost wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Hmmm

Lol so numbers lie and you don’t.

And you got the subjective data to back it up.

Your numbers don't mean anything with regard to my point. In fact your numbers without context are meaningless.

Kawhi has been pathetic on defense this year
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Incompetence.

They thought Iggy would be released. Meanwhile they have 8-9 guards while solid and cheap SF options came off the board.

A mistake to wait on Iguodala when in essence the roster needed more than one SF addition.

They could've easily snatched up Hollis-Jefferson and waited for Iguodala?
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Hmmm

Thank you. It's pathetic. Grown men creating illusions in their mind like teenage girls.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
CRoost wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Hmmm

Thank you. It's pathetic. Grown men creating illusions in their mind like teenage girls.

On the weakest attacker. Meaningless stats are meaningless.

Pathetic defence this year
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:14 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
CRoost wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Hmmm

Not going to go back and forth other than to say that there are many posters here who insecure and afraid about the Clippers so they mask it in bravado, empty platitudes, and embellishment.

I think if Leonard were as hurt as people around here make it seem, he'd just sit out until the All-Star break.

Would Kawhi Leinard, of all people, play hurt?

It's okay to acknowledge that the Clippers are a damn good team and a legitimate threat.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
drae wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
CRoost wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Hmmm

Not going to go back and forth other than to say that there are many posters here who insecure and afraid about the Clippers so they mask it in bravado, empty platitudes, and embellishment.

I think if Leonard were as hurt as people around here make it seem, he'd just sit out until the All-Star break.

Would Kawhi Leinard, of all people, play hurt?

It's okay to acknowledge that the Clippers are a damn good team and a legitimate threat.

Kawhi isn't playing "hurt", he is playing with a condition that won't ever go away. If he wants to sit out until it "heals" then he's free to retire right now.

The rest of your post is not worth discussing. Emotional nonsense
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3859, 3860, 3861 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3860 of 8560
Jump to: