OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3864, 3865, 3866 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
drae wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
SFs weren't particularly interested in coming to a team with our roster's expected minutes distribution as of July 2019.

That is false. The people who care about minutes are star players and young players. We weren't realistically going to get either for a back up SF so your point is invalid.

We're looking for a vet who can play defense, and contrary to what you say Iggy looks to be very interested in coming here … provided he gets a buy out.

Why would SFs not want to come to the Lakers to potentially win a championship?

I'm speaking as of July 2019. Cousins was on our roster and figured to play up to 25 minutes per game. Now that he is out, that opens up another 9 minutes, as Dwight doesn't figure to play as much. Iguodala is also FAR better than any SF within our price range this offseason, and would push other players for minutes, not the other way around.

As of July 2019, there were a number of teams who figured to have a great shot at a ring, Houston being one of them. They landed Sefalosha, who'd apparently have a bigger role backing up Danuel House than playing behind LeBron.

Our chances didn't seem much better or worse than the other contenders, at the time.

Any player worth regretting missing out on cares about their minutes.

The mental gymnastics are impressive. The content is extremely lacking. Common sense isn’t that common.

You complain but offer no alternatives, can't even name a name we could have realistically pursued, or an alternative course of action.

I'll give you irony points for saying someone else's post lacks content. That humor will sustain me for weeks, thank you.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject:

That’s because Kawhi wants to beat Lebron, not join him. And why I couldn’t believe that some here really thought that Kawhi was coming.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
⬆️ Lebron told Kawhi that he would play PG the upcoming season and constantly feed him the ball. That would have appealed to most SFs. Just not Kawhi.

I think it’s pretty obvious Kawhi had no interest in joining any Lebron/Klutch team.

I do 100% believe he chooses Lakers if this wasn’t a Lebron/Klutch team.

Having said that, I don’t think AD comes if no Lebron. So it’s basically which duo you believe in over next couple of seasons...
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
⬆️ Lebron told Kawhi that he would play PG the upcoming season and constantly feed him the ball. That would have appealed to most SFs. Just not Kawhi.

Kawhi also knew that with the Lakers, he'd either have to a) play alongside guys who can't shoot or b) play alongside guys who can't defend, in which case he'd be guarding the best player many nights.

With our present knowledge of his health situation, it's no surprise he insisted on having PG as a teammate.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Feels like Kyrie is load managing this year while KD rehabs.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Kawhi also knew that with the Lakers, he'd either have to a) play alongside guys who can't shoot or b) play alongside guys who can't defend, in which case he'd be guarding the best player many nights.

With our present knowledge of his health situation, it's no surprise he insisted on having PG as a teammate.

Hmm.. so he's so competitive that he didn't want to come here to form a superteam, but also doesn't want to guard the opposing teams best player.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject:

kawhi didnt come because he was scared!! scared to be exposed as the 3rd best player on the lakers. facts!!!
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Hmm.. so he's so competitive that he didn't want to come here to form a superteam, but also doesn't want to guard the opposing teams best player.

If healthy, he might take that challenge, and the unique challenge that comes from being told multiple championships are a foregone conclusion, but he knows his body better than anyone other than his doctors.

Our situation was not ideal for his health and load management. He's also been increasingly becoming an ISO player since leaving the Spurs, as making hard cuts on an ailing leg isn't fun.
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
That’s because Kawhi wants to beat Lebron, not join him. And why I couldn’t believe that some here really thought that Kawhi was coming.

Can you provide a link of you saying Kawhi wasn’t coming?
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject:

I just want to take this opportunity to re-state the fact that I would have tried to trade Kuz for Hield.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Something doesn’t look great about Kawhi. All the percentages are down and he looks like he had hardly any lift. Just doesn’t look the same.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
I just want to take this opportunity to re-state the fact that I would have tried to trade Kuz for Hield.

Bogs is who I’d be going after.

Bogdan Bogdanovic
Spencer Dinwiddie
Devonte’ Graham
Kevin Huerter (if healthy)
Cedi Osman and a first
Colin Sexton

Just a few Kuz trades I’d be ok with
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

He did that on down the stretch against the Rockets and Harden did not even bother to attack him. When he came out Harden, was licking his chops . When he came back, Harden only attacked him on the last possession and has to hook his elbow so he can flop for foul.

But these type of moves should be only done when it matters. I would not expect Lebron nor AD to guard opposing best player in the regular season.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:

I would have tried to trade Kuz for Luka Doncic but yeah haha.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Kawhi made a snake move so karma will be a bish. I give props to the Clips for diligently doing their homework and pimp slapped to our front office for never saw it coming despite a hallway away. Good thing Green is still available and Bradley and Dwight fell in our lap.

Last edited by CRoost on Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Do it Mitch! wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

What's the point? If he did, then he was right. He was also wrong about Howard (twice) and Artest. This is from 2012:

55 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
55 wrote:
^ please elaborate. How do you know it's not?

The same way I kept telling you in the big Howard thread that he wasn't coming to the Lakers and would remain in Orlando. Howard doesn't want to play with Kobe, he wants someone who will share the spotlight, someone like Deron. He would be the King of Brooklyn with the Nets while he would eat second in LA. And if you throw in age and mileage, it is really easy to see why Howard doesn't want the Lakers.

I also remember you telling us the "Artest will never wear a Laker uniform" so I'm going to need a little more than an I told you so.

venturalakersfan wrote:
Open your eyes and ears, it isn't some great secret.

Yeah, I'm still going to need a little more than that. Nice try though.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
drae wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
SFs weren't particularly interested in coming to a team with our roster's expected minutes distribution as of July 2019.

That is false. The people who care about minutes are star players and young players. We weren't realistically going to get either for a back up SF so your point is invalid.

We're looking for a vet who can play defense, and contrary to what you say Iggy looks to be very interested in coming here … provided he gets a buy out.

I'm speaking as of July 2019. Cousins was on our roster and figured to play up to 25 minutes per game. Now that he is out, that opens up another 9 minutes, as Dwight doesn't figure to play as much. Iguodala is also FAR better than any SF within our price range this offseason, and would push other players for minutes, not the other way around.

As of July 2019, there were a number of teams who figured to have a great shot at a ring, Houston being one of them. They landed Sefalosha, who'd apparently have a bigger role backing up Danuel House than playing behind LeBron.

Our chances didn't seem much better or worse than the other contenders, at the time.

The mental gymnastics are impressive. The content is extremely lacking. Common sense isn’t that common.

You complain but offer no alternatives, can't even name a name we could have realistically pursued, or an alternative course of action.

I'll give you irony points for saying someone else's post lacks content. That humor will sustain me for weeks, thank you.

I gave plenty of alternatives, the main being not to let Kawhi play you and fill the roster. We know who all was available at that time.
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

What's the point? If he did, then he was right. He was also wrong about Howard (twice) and Artest. This is from 2012:

55 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
55 wrote:

The same way I kept telling you in the big Howard thread that he wasn't coming to the Lakers and would remain in Orlando. Howard doesn't want to play with Kobe, he wants someone who will share the spotlight, someone like Deron. He would be the King of Brooklyn with the Nets while he would eat second in LA. And if you throw in age and mileage, it is really easy to see why Howard doesn't want the Lakers.

I also remember you telling us the "Artest will never wear a Laker uniform" so I'm going to need a little more than an I told you so.

venturalakersfan wrote:

I was glued to LG around the time of the Kawhi decision. I don’t remember him saying Kawhi was a lock to go to the Clippers. I don’t remember him saying anything.

I think he’s trying to play it up that he knew all along Kawhi was going to the Clippers
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
drae wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:

I gave plenty of alternatives, the main being not to let Kawhi play you and fill the roster. We know who all was available at that time.

We had an entire thread discussing who we missed out on. The biggest names were Seth Curry and Ed Davis. Rob filled out the roster just fine. Before you say Jimmy Butler, he wanted his own team.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Do it Mitch! wrote:
55 wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

55 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
55 wrote:

venturalakersfan wrote:

I was glued to LG around the time of the Kawhi decision. I don’t remember him saying Kawhi was a lock to go to the Clippers. I don’t remember him saying anything.

I think he’s trying to play it up that he knew all along Kawhi was going to the Clippers

He also insisted that Lebron wasn't coming and lashed out at people who believed there was a chance.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Many thought that Lebron wasn’t coming and many thought he was. This is a message board where ideas and opinions like that are shared.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Can vouch VLF said Kawhi would go to the Clippers over Lakers. I know this because he was the only one who agreed with me.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Can vouch VLF said Kawhi would go to the Clippers over Lakers. I know this because he was the only one who agreed with me.

The guy says 10 million negative things about the Lakers. 1 will eventually hit
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Kawhi can suck it.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject:

And Kawhi fans can suck it too
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3864, 3865, 3866 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3865 of 8560
Jump to: