OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3865, 3866, 3867 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
And Kawhi fans can suck it too

Yes sir
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Things worked out great for us on waiting for Kawhi. The guys we picked up and/or kept have been better than the names we missed out on. KCP and Rondo have both been better than Seth Curry or Wayne Ellington. Dwight has been a godsend and better than Davis or DJ. AB before he went down was our best point of attack defender. Caruso has been incredible. Green has been steady on D and is a threat from three.

Lakers had to wait on Kawhi because Rich Paul and Lebron thought he was coming too. If Rob had dismissed them and moved on before Kawhi snubbed Lebron, the fallout would have been potentially awful. If Klutch thought Kawhi was coming and Rob moved on before letting things play out our chances at keeping AD would have dropped because nothing Rob could have said would have convinced those guys Kawhi wasn’t coming until they heard it themselves. Even with that handicap, whether through skill and prep or pure luck or a combination of both, Rob and the Lakers game up smelling like roses. AB, KCP, AC, Dwight, Rondo, all of them have so far worked out very well and have looked better than the alternatives we could have gone after for more money.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
And Kawhi fans can suck it too

Yes sir

Yep!
Get lost Kawhi fans
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
drae wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
SFs weren't particularly interested in coming to a team with our roster's expected minutes distribution as of July 2019.

That is false. The people who care about minutes are star players and young players. We weren't realistically going to get either for a back up SF so your point is invalid.

We're looking for a vet who can play defense, and contrary to what you say Iggy looks to be very interested in coming here … provided he gets a buy out.

Why would SFs not want to come to the Lakers to potentially win a championship?

I'm speaking as of July 2019. Cousins was on our roster and figured to play up to 25 minutes per game. Now that he is out, that opens up another 9 minutes, as Dwight doesn't figure to play as much. Iguodala is also FAR better than any SF within our price range this offseason, and would push other players for minutes, not the other way around.

As of July 2019, there were a number of teams who figured to have a great shot at a ring, Houston being one of them. They landed Sefalosha, who'd apparently have a bigger role backing up Danuel House than playing behind LeBron.

Our chances didn't seem much better or worse than the other contenders, at the time.

Any player worth regretting missing out on cares about their minutes.

The mental gymnastics are impressive. The content is extremely lacking. Common sense isn’t that common.

You complain but offer no alternatives, can't even name a name we could have realistically pursued, or an alternative course of action.

I'll give you irony points for saying someone else's post lacks content. That humor will sustain me for weeks, thank you.

I gave plenty of alternatives, the main being not to let Kawhi play you and fill the roster. We know who all was available at that time.

Lakers had no choice but to wait because Klutch thought Kawhi was coming. If they tried to move on when Rich Paul and Lebron were trying to set up a super team they just would have pissed off Klutch and Lebron and made it harder to keep AD. Like it or not, when you’re dealing with an agency and a player as powerful and influential as Klutch and Lebron, you have to work with them as partners. Lakers also, through great planning or pure luck, have also picked up or kept guys that have been better than the alternatives we missed out on by waiting.

Dlo for the max would have been a very tough pill to swallow, IMO. I was all for Dlo when I thought he’d be 18-20 million, so Dlo and another solid guy, but I would have passed on him for the max. Butler doesn’t seem like he was an option. The lesser options we missed on like Curry or Ellington or DJ have t been as good as KCP, AC, AB, or Dwight who we got for cheaper or about the same cost. So far the Lakers have come out way ahead, and hopefully that trend continues.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:54 pm    Post subject:

I think Kuz+Caruso for Bogdon, is a fair and solid trade... gotta give to get. Can Bradley+KCP fill enough of Caruso’s role, to value adding the legit 3rd scorer /creator/gravity guy, in Bogdon ..
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Wow. OKC might make the playoffs this year.
Their coach must be so delighted that he doesn't have to deal with Russ anymore and has some real point guards.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
That’s because Kawhi wants to beat Lebron, not join him. And why I couldn’t believe that some here really thought that Kawhi was coming.

Kawhi can suck it.

Looks like he did us a favor.. That bs he pulled on us may have actually been a blessing.
aiel
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:00 pm    Post subject:

I'd like marcus morris on the team. I think this Laker team needs a tough, physical enforcer to add more grit. Plus he doesn't like paul george and has a history of defending him well.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:01 pm    Post subject:

aiel wrote:
I'd like marcus morris on the team. I think this Laker team needs a tough, physical enforcer to add more grit. Plus he doesn't like paul george and has a history of defending him well.

Is he a fun loving guy like the others on the team?
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:01 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I think Kuz+Caruso for Bogdon, is a fair and solid trade... gotta give to get. Can Bradley+KCP fill enough of Caruso’s role, to value adding the legit 3rd scorer /creator/gravity guy, in Bogdon ..

Damn, if that's even possible, you do it. Indiana is competitive though. Why would they do it?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Damn, if that's even possible, you do it. Indiana is competitive though. Why would they do it?

Bogdonavic from Sac is who , not Brogdon
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I wouldn't make that trade. Caruso is the teams 2nd best defensively player and like AD, covers up a lot of other players mistakes.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

How much will our defense slip?
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:10 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Oh, in that case, I would pass. He balls out against us, but overall an inefficient player. He's shooting 40% overall and 37% from three. Kuz, with all his struggles, is at 43% overall and 36% from three. This is definitely "grass is greener elsewhere" mistake. Thought you meant Malcolm, now he's legit.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Some..
The teams im worried about in the playoffs don’t have great guards, though. But Caruso could still be a really valuable help/dig defender then..
It’s close, but I just value the legit 3rd scorer/creator most in this deal, Bogdonavic
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:18 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Some..
The teams im worried about in the playoffs don’t have great guards, though. But Caruso could still be a really valuable help/dig defender then..
It’s close, but I just value the legit 3rd scorer/creator most in this deal, Bogdonavic

He's at 14.5 ppg on 12.7 fga (7.3 3pt fga)
What do you think he can average on the Lakers. Assuming he's coming off the bench.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:25 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Some..

He's at 14.5 ppg on 12.7 fga (7.3 3pt fga)
What do you think he can average on the Lakers. Assuming he's coming off the bench.

hmm..dunno. I'm not good at predicting numbers.. But he's consistently got the skill to be a huge sparkplug scorer, and creates his own... I would actually compare it to getting a Lou Will archetype..
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Really hard to envision a trade that can make this team much better. Really the only pieces to upgrade are McGee (won't waive his no trade clause), Daniels and Cook.

I don't think you'd get anything close to equal value for Caruso, Kuzma, Bradley or KCP.

We are probably only looking at buy-out candidates - Iggy, Thompson, Knicks to really add another rotation player.
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:26 pm    Post subject:

I really believe with the chemistry this team has built, I don’t see a trade happening. At best I see a guy like Crowder being waived after the trade deadline and maybe we go after a guy like that.... then the question becomes who gets cut? Seems like the odd man out would be Daniels or Cook. I don’t see them cutting Dudley or Cousins. Cook has another year left on his deal but it is non guaranteed.

If we were to make a trade we would have to send several players out, and for what we could realistically get, I think it is more important to keep the very strong chemistry that we have going.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Why do people keep insisting on trades for the sake of trades. We're the best team in the NBA, our chemistry is off the charts, we're getting better and better every game, and we'r still not 100% healthy.

I'm not opposed to making a move but Kuzma and Caruso is way mores valuable that Bogdon. Marcus Morris was a good suggestion earlier but his contract makes it difficult to match up salaries with. Perhaps someone like him gets bought out-- or Iggy or Crowder-- but otherwise, no need to trade just to trade.

If someone gets bought out, I'm assuming Daniels is the guy who gets cut.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:39 pm    Post subject:

I'm down with a bought out Ariza when the Kings drop out of playoff contention
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Why do people keep insisting on trades for the sake of trades. We're the best team in the NBA, our chemistry is off the charts, we're getting better and better every game, and we'r still not 100% healthy.

I'm not opposed to making a move but Kuzma and Caruso is way mores valuable that Bogdon. Marcus Morris was a good suggestion earlier but his contract makes it difficult to match up salaries with. Perhaps someone like him gets bought out-- or Iggy or Crowder-- but otherwise, no need to trade just to trade.

I'm just looking to fill the roles we need ..and I think the 'need' will really stick out in the playoffs. It's great being a great regular season team, but we'll be tested for our flaws in the playoffs.... another creator is important imo
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:41 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
2019 wrote:

I'm just looking to fill the roles we need ..and I think the 'need' will really stick out in the playoffs. It's great being a great regular season team, but we'll be tested for our flaws in the playoffs.... another creator is important imo

We're gonna finally get to see playoff Rondo
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:56 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

What? Why? That seems like a stupid trade. The dude is a journeyman, and it’s not like he’s shown some crazy high potential. Kuzma is shooting better than him, and is younger, and has shown more potential, and is a better defender, and Kuzma isn’t a great defender even after his improvements on that end. And AC has been huge for us, playing significant fourth quarter minutes and being a big part behind our superb performances in fourth quarters. Why the heck would you want to trade both for a guy who isn’t that good? He’s hit some big shots against us, but those are his career highlights in a very mediocre three years.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:03 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
2019 wrote:

That's a tough offer. I really like Caruso and think he just gives us so much. Kuz for Bogdan would be a no-brainer to me, but giving up Caruso gives me pause. If Bogdan had one more year of control, i'd say yes, but the contract imbalance is another consideration. Hundred percent agree that we are playmaker deficient and while it hasn't been exposed much in regular season, it will in the playoffs.

I think the problem with Kuz is that a year ago, he was one of the few dudes willing to let it fly from deep. He was all too happy to take the shots Lonzo and Ingram were hesitant to. This was even more true the year before when it was just him, KCP and the half season Clarkson was there. Now? There's too many too mouths to feed. The whole team shoots, and they pretty much all shoot as well as him or better. And if the shots don't happen to fall, those guys (KCP, Green, AC) are being making an impact in other ways. There's a reason we barely see Cook and Daniels--they're worthless if they're not draining. They're basically undersized versions of Kuz but without the (quickly evaporating) "third star potential." The only way he's going to "blossom" is on a team that has 15+ shots a game for him.

Last edited by pjiddy on Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3865, 3866, 3867 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3866 of 8560
Jump to: