OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3866, 3867, 3868 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:06 am    Post subject:

Bojan, Bogdan, and Brogdon, oh my!
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:12 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
2019 wrote:
Why do people keep insisting on trades for the sake of trades. We're the best team in the NBA, our chemistry is off the charts, we're getting better and better every game, and we'r still not 100% healthy.

I'm not opposed to making a move but Kuzma and Caruso is way mores valuable that Bogdon. Marcus Morris was a good suggestion earlier but his contract makes it difficult to match up salaries with. Perhaps someone like him gets bought out-- or Iggy or Crowder-- but otherwise, no need to trade just to trade.

If someone gets bought out, I'm assuming Daniels is the guy who gets cut.

I'm just looking to fill the roles we need ..and I think the 'need' will really stick out in the playoffs. It's great being a great regular season team, but we'll be tested for our flaws in the playoffs.... another creator is important imo

That's a tough offer. I really like Caruso and think he just gives us so much. Kuz for Bogdan would be a no-brainer to me, but giving up Caruso gives me pause. If Bogdan had one more year of control, i'd say yes, but the contract imbalance is another consideration. Hundred percent agree that we are playmaker deficient and while it hasn't been exposed much in regular season, it will in the playoffs.

I think the problem with Kuz is that a year ago, he was one of the few dudes willing to let it fly from deep. He was all too happy to take the shots Lonzo and Ingram were hesitant to. This was even more true the year before when it was just him, KCP and the half season Clarkson was there. Now? There's too many too mouths to feed. The whole team shoots, and they pretty much all shoot as well as him or better. And if the shots don't happen to fall, those guys (KCP, Green, AC) are being making an impact in other ways. There's a reason we barely see Cook and Daniels--they're worthless if they're not draining. They're basically undersized versions of Kuz but without the (quickly evaporating) "third star potential." The only way he's going to "blossom" is on a team that has 15+ shots a game for him.

You nailed the Kuz problem on the head.
And he’s just not fitting on this team - didn’t foresee it happening, but his skill set just isn’t great for it, needs more tempo and green light.. While a creator is what would fit... The Bogdon contract situation does give me pause.... welp.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:22 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
2019 wrote:
Why do people keep insisting on trades for the sake of trades. We're the best team in the NBA, our chemistry is off the charts, we're getting better and better every game, and we'r still not 100% healthy.

I'm not opposed to making a move but Kuzma and Caruso is way mores valuable that Bogdon. Marcus Morris was a good suggestion earlier but his contract makes it difficult to match up salaries with. Perhaps someone like him gets bought out-- or Iggy or Crowder-- but otherwise, no need to trade just to trade.

I'm just looking to fill the roles we need ..and I think the 'need' will really stick out in the playoffs. It's great being a great regular season team, but we'll be tested for our flaws in the playoffs.... another creator is important imo

That's a tough offer. I really like Caruso and think he just gives us so much. Kuz for Bogdan would be a no-brainer to me, but giving up Caruso gives me pause. If Bogdan had one more year of control, i'd say yes, but the contract imbalance is another consideration. Hundred percent agree that we are playmaker deficient and while it hasn't been exposed much in regular season, it will in the playoffs.

I think the problem with Kuz is that a year ago, he was one of the few dudes willing to let it fly from deep. He was all too happy to take the shots Lonzo and Ingram were hesitant to. This was even more true the year before when it was just him, KCP and the half season Clarkson was there. Now? There's too many too mouths to feed. The whole team shoots, and they pretty much all shoot as well as him or better. And if the shots don't happen to fall, those guys (KCP, Green, AC) are being making an impact in other ways. There's a reason we barely see Cook and Daniels--they're worthless if they're not draining. They're basically undersized versions of Kuz but without the (quickly evaporating) "third star potential." The only way he's going to "blossom" is on a team that has 15+ shots a game for him.

You nailed the Kuz problem on the head.
And he’s just not fitting on this team - didn’t foresee it happening, but his skill set just isn’t great for it, needs more tempo and green light.. While a creator is what would fit... The Bogdon contract situation does give me pause.... welp.

Last year's Kings team, with its fastest pace in the league and flurry of above the break 3s, would have been perfect for Kuz. But now they're the slowest paced team in the league and Kuz would be the same guy over there. Though I'm not sure they realize that.

Kuz would fit best IMO in Milwaukee or Dallas, maybe Houston (if Harden and Russ can actually commit to sharing it more, which we'll see). But MIL and DAL want guys that just catch and shoot. That's why Tim Hardaway Jr of all people is starting for the Mavs. All three of those teams would be all over him, but what do they have? And would you want to trade him to those teams? Wiz are another team that would like him. No chance of seeing them in the playoffs. And they've had a pretty good track record with ex-Lakers...
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:28 am    Post subject:

Troy Brown Jr’s good game tonight had me thinking about him being the guy. 6’7 solid creator , unique player. Wiz probably want him as Beal insurance though. Bertans is looking like a ~20M player lmao, think the Wiz wanna keep him.
Also don’t think the Lakers want a super young player who they couldn’t trust in the playoffs, like Troy Brown jr. Denzel Valentine is another wing creator/sparkplug .. but his injury history makes him to scary to trade Kuz for.
Anyone who can run P/R and shoot...is a better fit than Kuz. I’m not down on Kuz as a player per say, but his fit here isn’t what we need, nor does it let him thrive.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:35 am    Post subject:

Feels like the only thing lakers are missing is a shot creator off the bench.
Swaggy P, Lou will or maybe even Jordan clarkson type. Or maybe another backup big like Thomas., we don’t have a lot of size past Dwight/AD/McGee. If anything happens our only option now is Giannis’ brother
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:44 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Troy Brown Jr’s good game tonight had me thinking about him being the guy. 6’7 solid creator , unique player. Wiz probably want him as Beal insurance though. Bertans is looking like a ~20M player lmao, think the Wiz wanna keep him.
Also don’t think the Lakers want a super young player who they couldn’t trust in the playoffs, like Troy Brown jr. Denzel Valentine is another wing creator/sparkplug .. but his injury history makes him to scary to trade Kuz for.
Anyone who can run P/R and shoot...is a better fit than Kuz. I’m not down on Kuz as a player per say, but his fit here isn’t what we need, nor does it let him thrive.

You think Bertans gets that much money? That could be Ryan Anderson all over again. He's not as bad as him defensively, but he's not great. I'd like him over Kuz since the defense is basically the same, but we get a way better shooter. I wonder if Wiz think about that one. They're already paying 80 million to Wall and Beal, they're gonna pay Bertans too? That said, if they're gonna trade him it's probably for a pick, or a guy with a few extra years of cost control.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:51 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

You think Bertans gets that much money? That could be Ryan Anderson all over again. He's not as bad as him defensively, but he's not great. I'd like him over Kuz since the defense is basically the same, but we get a way better shooter. I wonder if Wiz think about that one. They're already paying 80 million to Wall and Beal, they're gonna pay Bertans too? That said, if they're gonna trade him it's probably for a pick, or a guy with a few extra years of cost control.

I’m a Bertans fan, so I’m inflating, but I’m seeing fans loving his game and preparing for a contract for him in the teens.
I actually think he’s a good defender, he really uses his length, is active, has good feet..he has natural defensive instincts too. While Kuz looks like a scared fish out of water. .
I think Bertans is worth that about that much but he probably gets low teens $.

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:58 am    Post subject:

At this point I'm starting to move into the camp that Kuz's production is replaceable elsewhere, although I don't know exactly where a green light scorer with questionable, inconsistent defense would fit exactly. He still has value, he's shooting threes at the same efficiency as in his rookie year, just not quite getting as many looks.

Wonder if he could get moved in a two for one, maybe Kuzma + Cook + 2023 2nd for Bogdan (do we need to give more?), and then get someone like Marvin Williams on the buyout market?
#18 next...
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:32 am    Post subject:

2nd half Kuz will be fine.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject:

OKC can get a bottom playoff seed if they wanted to. It will be interesting to see if ownership and Presti go for it or tank.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

Bertans, the new Marcus Banks
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
2nd half Kuz will be fine.

Was thinking we have to cough up a 2nd to offload kuzma. He so bad

😂🤣
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
2019 wrote:

Patience. It's early Kuzma only been healthy for 10 of the games total.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
That’s because Kawhi wants to beat Lebron, not join him. And why I couldn’t believe that some here really thought that Kawhi was coming.

Kawhi can suck it.

Looks like he did us a favor.. That bs he pulled on us may have actually been a blessing.

Yes, spared us from adding a 2-time Finals MVP. Thank goodness.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
That’s because Kawhi wants to beat Lebron, not join him. And why I couldn’t believe that some here really thought that Kawhi was coming.

Kawhi can suck it.

Looks like he did us a favor.. That bs he pulled on us may have actually been a blessing.

Yes, spared us from adding a 2-time Finals MVP. Thank goodness.

I think his point is that his knees may prevent him from being the same guy that was a 2-time final mvp.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I'm down with a bought out Ariza when the Kings drop out of playoff contention

Ariza is horrible
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:

Ariza is horrible

Seconded. There is no one on this team who is worse than him.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I may be in the minority but I’ll believe it when I see it with Kawhi.

I’m not saying he doesn’t have a degenerative issue like the Spurs claimed, but I also think he just load manages a lot in preparation to go all out in the playoffs.

I’m skeptical about how he and his teams operate in these situations. Don’t think he’s as “hurt” or “injured” as they lead the public to believe.

You can even see it in game...he looks slower with no lift for 3 quarters, suddenly in the 4th he is jumping out of the gym.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
Bojan, Bogdan, and Brogdon, oh my!

Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:

Ariza is horrible

LG doesnt learn.

why would a team sign Ariza for good money and then drop him for no reason?

they will trade him and get value. look what the suns did
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:

Ariza is horrible

LG doesnt learn.

why would a team sign Ariza for good money and then drop him for no reason?

they will trade him and get value. look what the suns did

I'd be ok with a bought out Giannis.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject:

I thought Ariza was about a room exception level player. Why the hell did the Kings pay him 12m+?
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject:

If its not broke....................................................
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

Ariza is a “name player” now, I would stay away.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Ariza is a “name player” now, I would stay away.

But "name player" isn't keeping the fam from wanting Iggy Azalea.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3866, 3867, 3868 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3867 of 8560
Jump to: