OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3867, 3868, 3869 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

Buyout? I'll take him. No way should we trade for him at 12m+ a year.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

No one wants to trade for him.

BTW, this is a great piece by Marky Marks https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/28221276/nba-trade-deadline-lists-every-restricted-available-player
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Ariza is a “name player” now, I would stay away.

But "name player" isn't keeping the fam from wanting Iggy Azalea.

Well Iggy has lost a step no doubt, but he’s not quite at Ariza level. I’m down for a younger version of Iggy/defensive wing.

Basically, Ariza is the Tyson Chandler of wings imo.

Side note: I still laugh at the Wizards for trading Oubre (younger version with more dynamic game) for Ariza lol.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Ariza is a “name player” now, I would stay away.

But "name player" isn't keeping the fam from wanting Iggy Azalea.

Well Iggy has lost a step no doubt, but he’s not quite at Ariza level. I’m down for a younger version of Iggy/defensive wing.

Basically, Ariza is the Tyson Chandler of wings imo.

Side note: I still laugh at the Wizards for trading Oubre (younger version with more dynamic game) for Ariza lol.

Iggy has the playmaking on Ariza.
And Ariza's shot selection are horrid at times.
If Ariza is the TC of wings, ouch.

And yea, what were the Wiz thinking? Makes you wonder if there were issues not related to basketball?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

I think they didn’t want to pay Oubre, but still you can get more than expiring Ariza for a young, up and coming wing of Oubre’s caliber and pedigree (Kansas).
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Tim MacMahon
@espn_macmahon

Luka Doncic’s reaction to surpassing Michael Jordan for longest 20-5-5 streak since ABA/NBA merger: “I think it’s a little bit too much stats. You can’t compare nobody to Michael Jordan.”

This kid gets it.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject:

Ariza got completely written off for, I guess, mailing it in at his last stop or two. I've seen a tad from him this year, and he looks like a beneficial player. I'll take a smart team defender who gets a steal a game and shoots league average from 3(teeters around there game to game). He's also not an incompetent driver off the catch. If you squint he's Danny Green-ish without the extra 3 a game, imho
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Memphis Grizzlies say former No. 4 overall pick Josh Jackson will not play in G League game today due to violation of team rules.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject:

Jeez this guy.

Quote:
The Memphis Grizzlies say former No. 4 overall pick Josh Jackson will not play in G League game today due to violation of team rules.

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Geez this guy
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Jeez this guy.

Quote:

His career is pretty much over, it seems
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Ariza got completely written off for, I guess, mailing it in at his last stop or two. I've seen a tad from him this year, and he looks like a beneficial player. I'll take a smart team defender who gets a steal a game and shoots league average from 3(teeters around there game to game). He's also not an incompetent driver off the catch. If you squint he's Danny Green-ish without the extra 3 a game, imho

His 33.3% on wide open 3s is disheartening. Funny thing, that's what Danny Green is currently shooting this year.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

His 33.3% on wide open 3s is disheartening. Funny thing, that's what Danny Green is currently shooting this year.

before the last game he was 36+% on the season, dropped 1% after the last game... He's def not a very reliable shooter, but he will hover around league average..
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
epak wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

before the last game he was 36+% on the season, dropped 1% after the last game... He's def not a very reliable shooter, but he will hover around league average..

His shot selection and playmaking...
I watch this video and I think, no way he's going to take these shots on the Lakers.

Last edited by epak on Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject:

Yea, ok, not so excited about Ariza..lol

On another note..... I think Josh Jackson could be the SF version of Caruso.. But I also wouldn't give up any of our limited assets for an immature kid to live in LA... Jackson looked to me like one of the most talented defensive young players in the NBA; he was doing Lakers-Lonzo stuff. Can also make plays like Caruso and bring juice that way.. Gotta be a passable shooter though and idk if he is
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I wouldn’t want him even if he’s bought out
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

On another note..... I think Josh Jackson could be the SF version of Caruso.. But I also wouldn't give up any of our limited assets for an immature kid to live in LA... Jackson looked to me like one of the most talented defensive young players in the NBA; he was doing Lakers-Lonzo stuff. Can also make plays like Caruso and bring juice that way.. Gotta be a passable shooter though and idk if he is

We have Bradley. Dwight.

We'll take another Memphis "castoff" including but not limited to Iggy and Josh if he's released.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

We have Bradley. Dwight.

We'll take another Memphis "castoff" including but not limited to Iggy and Josh if he's released.

idk how to get him though; what asset to give up..?
I like THT but in possible immediate contribution and near or far upside, Jackson wins.. I'm still hesitant to do that trade.
Again I'll say though, I can easily see him being SF Caruso

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject:

i would try to have josh jackson on this team and see how he does.

wont give up anything to get him tough
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

We have Bradley. Dwight.

idk how to get him though; what asset to give up..?
I like THT but in possible immediate contribution and near or far upside, Jackson wins.. I'm still hesitant to do that trade.
Again I'll say though, I can easily see him being SF Caruso

No way I give up THT for Jackson.

Dude is cratering on Memphis's G League team. They don't have the infrastructure to keep him in check. We were able to help rehabilitate Dwight of all people. Maybe Memphis just releases him soon and we can take the gamble.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject:

Wouldn't give up THT at all. Great handles, great passing, if he improves his shooting he'll be deadly. We have someone real special on our hands
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Wouldn't give up THT at all. Great handles, great passing, if he improves his shooting he'll be deadly. We have someone real special on our hands

yea he's nice...but we've seen with our other youngins - don't expect him to be a true positive player through and through until year 3 or 4... If Jackson shoots 35% he's as good as Kelly Oubre... no doubt to me. He's that talented defensively and a much better playmaker
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I wouldn’t want him even if he’s bought out

Maybe if we had an open roster spot but already have a cooked vet SF on hand so yeah, I feel the same.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
drae wrote:

yea he's nice...but we've seen with our other youngins - don't expect him to be a true positive player through and through until year 3 or 4... If Jackson shoots 35% he's as good as Kelly Oubre... no doubt to me. He's that talented defensively and a much better playmaker

Our Darius Morris or Javaris Crittenton?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
drae wrote:

Dude. Two franchises have completely given up on JJ. The dude is not a good player, and he is very obviously not a good professional. He isn’t worth giving up anything for him. If he gets released and the Lakers want to give him a non-guaranteed contract to take a look and Boogie agrees to getting cut to free up a roster spot, then fine, but other than that why would you want to give up anything for a guy who just is not good?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3867, 3868, 3869 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3868 of 8560
Jump to: