OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3868, 3869, 3870 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject:

The dude with the crying Dawson Creek avatar would love to have Josh Jackson on this team.

I would too, in the G League.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
drae wrote:
Wouldn't give up THT at all. Great handles, great passing, if he improves his shooting he'll be deadly. We have someone real special on our hands

yea he's nice...but we've seen with our other youngins - don't expect him to be a true positive player through and through until year 3 or 4... If Jackson shoots 35% he's as good as Kelly Oubre... no doubt to me. He's that talented defensively and a much better playmaker

Dude. Two franchises have completely given up on JJ. The dude is not a good player, and he is very obviously not a good professional. He isn’t worth giving up anything for him. If he gets released and the Lakers want to give him a non-guaranteed contract to take a look and Boogie agrees to getting cut to free up a roster spot, then fine, but other than that why would you want to give up anything for a guy who just is not good?

Draft stock.

Not saying, just saying. It carries weight, often for good reason, but not always.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
drae wrote:
Wouldn't give up THT at all. Great handles, great passing, if he improves his shooting he'll be deadly. We have someone real special on our hands

yea he's nice...but we've seen with our other youngins - don't expect him to be a true positive player through and through until year 3 or 4... If Jackson shoots 35% he's as good as Kelly Oubre... no doubt to me. He's that talented defensively and a much better playmaker

Dude. Two franchises have completely given up on JJ. The dude is not a good player, and he is very obviously not a good professional. He isn’t worth giving up anything for him. If he gets released and the Lakers want to give him a non-guaranteed contract to take a look and Boogie agrees to getting cut to free up a roster spot, then fine, but other than that why would you want to give up anything for a guy who just is not good?

Sometimes a player needs a different role, to hone in and focus their skillset... PHX is not a good place to develop, nor guide a guy in a role (all bad teams aren't..guys all think they're 1v1 guys and scorers....)
Oubre got traded from The Wizards...for an old Ariza... He went to PHX and kinda had a new role..
Have the Grizz given up on him? he's just suspended a game, and they're choosing to develop him in the Gleague...maybe in part for jumpshot reps..

Kid had some of the most talent on defense I've seen...a 6'8 long Lonzo stealing the ball.. And he's got juice on offense pushing the ball and passing.. I'm not saying he's still got fringe all-star potential, I'm only saying that there's a chance in the right role, he's SF Caruso..

And THT is 3 years away, as all of our young players have been... I'm not scared to give that up for the right potential contributor right now.. it's a big question if Jackson is that..yea..

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

His G-league stats were nice.
https://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/1628367/traditional/
Type of guy who has enough size on the wings to guard Kawhi or PG13.
His problems appear to be off the court. Which a locker room full of vets could help with.
Not saying we definitely should get him. Just saying I see where KIROE is coming from.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

His G-league stats were nice.
https://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/1628367/traditional/
Type of guy who has enough size on the wings to guard Kawhi or PG13.
His problems appear to be off the court. Which a locker room full of vets could help with.
Not saying we definitely should get him. Just saying I see where KIROE is coming from.

Yup. But I wouldn't trade THT for him at all.

If released, I'd take a flyer on him. Look at all the other Memphs discards that are performing well for us...
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject:

I think AD and Bron could help Josh become more professional. Would take a gamble on him if he's released.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject:

5 years from now.

AD
Kuzma or Giannis 😂
Jackson
THT
Caruso

🔥🔥🔥
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Anyone know rather THT is related to PJ Tucker? some should do a background check on him.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
I think AD and Bron could help Josh become more professional. Would take a gamble on him if he's released.

No brainer. Absolutely not to trading for him...
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Anyone know rather THT is related to PJ Tucker? some should do a background check on him.

Or Chris Tucker
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Or Chris Tucker

Haha
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject:

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/256405/Multiple-Teams-Monitoring-Availability-Of-Marvin-Williams

You guys Think Lakers are 1 of the teams keeping a eye on him?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/256405/Multiple-Teams-Monitoring-Availability-Of-Marvin-Williams

Yep.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yep.

Nice. despite the fact he didn’t become the player people thought of him he would still be a good addition, currently shooting 40% from 3.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yep.

Nice. despite the fact he didn’t become the player people thought of him he would still be a good addition, currently shooting 40% from 3.

How's his defense against Harkless. I think Harkless is the Clippers wing we need to worry about.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Frustration has been mounting within the Hawks organization at times and league sources say it resulted in an emotional locker room scene involving star point guard Trae Young following a recent loss. The Hawks have lost 11 of their past 13 games, including eight by double digits. They have won two of their past three, though. After a 130-118 home loss to Brooklyn on Wednesday, one high-ranking team official was seen telling Young that the team would be getting him some help on the roster soon, according to multiple sources. The trade deadline is about two months away.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/e8ccfu/charania_after_a_130118_home_loss_to_brooklyn_on/

Trades are (finally) going down
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yep.

How's his defense against Harkless. I think Harkless is the Clippers wing we need to worry about.

Harkless is a 3 and D player who has not proven anything in the playoff nor create his own shot that we have to worry about. I’m actually more concern if he got traded because that means Logo found a someone that we should worry about.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject:

The Nets are now 9-3 since Kyrie Irving went down. They were 4-7 when he went down and are now 13-10

They were 4-7 before he went down, and have since gone on to win 9 of 12 games with him out, including wins over the Nuggets and Celtics.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/e80u11/the_nets_are_now_93_since_kyrie_irving_went_down/

Irving needs Durant back to make him look good again

Or he could just sit the year out *shrugs*
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Houston Rockets’ protest has been denied by the NBA.

Good job @NBA. Now screw Harden on foul calls like you screw LBJ
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Absolutely we would be. Perfect fit for the system, shoots threes at a nice clip and is solid enough defensively. Only problem is I can’t see how we trade for him? We’d have to wait for a buyout
#18 next...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Absolutely we would be. Perfect fit for the system, shoots threes at a nice clip and is solid enough defensively. Only problem is I can’t see how we trade for him? We’d have to wait for a buyout

I proposed a Kuz for Thad Young trade a few days ago and some fans were willing to accept the trade, I guess you can argue that we would be getting a similar player who shoots 3’s at a solid rate and can D up, hopefully Pelinka works his magic.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yep.

Harkless is a 3 and D player who has not proven anything in the playoff nor create his own shot that we have to worry about. I’m actually more concern if he got traded because that means Logo found a someone that we should worry about.

Is there any other wing on the Clippers you would worry about?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Killakobe81 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
2019 wrote:
Why do people keep insisting on trades for the sake of trades. We're the best team in the NBA, our chemistry is off the charts, we're getting better and better every game, and we'r still not 100% healthy.

I'm not opposed to making a move but Kuzma and Caruso is way mores valuable that Bogdon. Marcus Morris was a good suggestion earlier but his contract makes it difficult to match up salaries with. Perhaps someone like him gets bought out-- or Iggy or Crowder-- but otherwise, no need to trade just to trade.

If someone gets bought out, I'm assuming Daniels is the guy who gets cut.

I'm just looking to fill the roles we need ..and I think the 'need' will really stick out in the playoffs. It's great being a great regular season team, but we'll be tested for our flaws in the playoffs.... another creator is important imo

That's a tough offer. I really like Caruso and think he just gives us so much. Kuz for Bogdan would be a no-brainer to me, but giving up Caruso gives me pause. If Bogdan had one more year of control, i'd say yes, but the contract imbalance is another consideration. Hundred percent agree that we are playmaker deficient and while it hasn't been exposed much in regular season, it will in the playoffs.

I think the problem with Kuz is that a year ago, he was one of the few dudes willing to let it fly from deep. He was all too happy to take the shots Lonzo and Ingram were hesitant to. This was even more true the year before when it was just him, KCP and the half season Clarkson was there. Now? There's too many too mouths to feed. The whole team shoots, and they pretty much all shoot as well as him or better. And if the shots don't happen to fall, those guys (KCP, Green, AC) are being making an impact in other ways. There's a reason we barely see Cook and Daniels--they're worthless if they're not draining. They're basically undersized versions of Kuz but without the (quickly evaporating) "third star potential." The only way he's going to "blossom" is on a team that has 15+ shots a game for him.

Patience. It's early Kuzma only been healthy for 10 of the games total.

It's not a health thing really. He's not gonna suddenly start getting 15 shots a game. Everyone was wondering preseason "who scores when LeBron and AD are off the floor?" The answer has been we just barely have both off the floor and everyone has been cutting and C&Sing. Kuz doesn't really have a way of scoring that's any different than the other role players.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
The Nets are now 9-3 since Kyrie Irving went down. They were 4-7 when he went down and are now 13-10

They were 4-7 before he went down, and have since gone on to win 9 of 12 games with him out, including wins over the Nuggets and Celtics.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/e80u11/the_nets_are_now_93_since_kyrie_irving_went_down/

Irving needs Durant back to make him look good again

Or he could just sit the year out *shrugs*

They should trade Irving.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Houston Rockets’ protest has been denied by the NBA.

Good job @NBA. Now screw Harden on foul calls like you screw LBJ

Dumbest protest ever. Complain about the egregious missed call, sure, but to expect a win or a replay of the final 7 minutes of a game was just stupid beyond belief. Games aren’t spreadsheets. Two points added back at the 7 minute mark of the 4th quarter don’t guarantee that the scores would have been the same, plus the two points. Obviously at the very least the Spurs knowing they were down an additional two points would have changed how they approached the closing minutes of the game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3868, 3869, 3870 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3869 of 8560
Jump to: