OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3875, 3876, 3877 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Russell only wanted serious bidders and, sources say, he had three: The Lakers — wouldn’t that have been quite the reunion? — nearing a potential $100 million offer but in limbo until Kawhi Leonard made his choice, the Wolves, up over $100 million but still needing to create cap room to get to his max, and the Warriors, offering the full max in a complicated sign-and-trade involving Durant.

Whoa....
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject:

Haven't seen DLO brought up in the lounge in a bit.
I gave him so much crap when we drafted him. He mocked Kobe's jumper. He goofed off in practice alot. Didn't like his inability to break his man down off the dribble or play defense.
But the 2nd 1/2 of his final season here. He really made me a believer. I was sad to see him go.
But, in hindsight, I'm glad we built the roster we did instead of giving him the max this past offseason.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject:

At 21-3 it is pretty hard to go back and undo a lot of things.

Had we signed DLo, no Danny Green for sure, but maybe Kuzma becomes more expendable and we are able to get a cheaper 3-D type player back. Like a James Ennis or something.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I gave him so much crap when we drafted him. He mocked Kobe's jumper. He goofed off in practice alot. Didn't like his inability to break his man down off the dribble or play defense.
But the 2nd 1/2 of his final season here. He really made me a believer. I was sad to see him go.
But, in hindsight, I'm glad we built the roster we did instead of giving him the max this past offseason.

So the article says around 100m, so the Lakers were probably offering closer to 25m/year, which means we would have had 7-8m to play around with. Could have kept Wagner and then pursued others but yeah, we're 21-3...who am I to complain?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
At 21-3 it is pretty hard to go back and undo a lot of things.

Had we signed DLo, no Danny Green for sure, but maybe Kuzma becomes more expendable and we are able to get a cheaper 3-D type player back. Like a James Ennis or something.

We would still be a contender with DLO but I feel like the guys we wouldn’t have like say Green would hurt us because they bring winning Impact and that goes along way for good teams because you need guys that know how to win. I much rather have preferred Jimmy Buckets for the max.. but like the saying goes we have a amazing team so it doesn’t matter.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

So the article says around 100m, so the Lakers were probably offering closer to 25m/year, which means we would have had 7-8m to play around with. Could have kept Wagner and then pursued others but yeah, we're 21-3...who am I to complain?

The article says that the Lakers offer was in limbo since they were waiting on Kawhi. Mo was already gone.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

The offer can be 100m but starting at 22/23m per
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Russell only wanted serious bidders and, sources say, he had three: The Lakers — wouldn’t that have been quite the reunion? — nearing a potential $100 million offer but in limbo until Kawhi Leonard made his choice, the Wolves, up over $100 million but still needing to create cap room to get to his max, and the Warriors, offering the full max in a complicated sign-and-trade involving Durant.

Whoa....

As others have said, it’s hard to complain with where we’re at. There may have been fit issues with him on this team, but we’d also have a young star to ease us into the post-LeBron years. I was more rooting for a reunion because we did him wrong and it would have been nice to make good on it.

More importantly, I hope the organization learned from the bad years and can be a team that can support a young player in the future.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Lakers brought back Dwight. So it's not like DLO coming back would have been something crazy...
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Lakers brought back Dwight. So it's not like DLO coming back would have been something crazy...

Haha. But if a year ago, someone said hey you’re gonna acquire AD and then sign DLo and Dwight in free agency I’d be like stop trolling lol
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Whoa....

As others have said, it’s hard to complain with where we’re at. There may have been fit issues with him on this team, but we’d also have a young star to ease us into the post-LeBron years. I was more rooting for a reunion because we did him wrong and it would have been nice to make good on it.

More importantly, I hope the organization learned from the bad years and can be a team that can support a young player in the future.

Yeah. That was my pitch. Get a 23 year old DLO with a 26 year old AD and we have a future and a present with a 34 year old LBJ.

Not crying over spilled milk at all, but we chose another path which is more of a short term run. I'm not complaining about that either.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Whoa....

Yeah. That was my pitch. Get a 23 year old DLO with a 26 year old AD and we have a future and a present with a 34 year old LBJ.

Not crying over spilled milk at all, but we chose another path which is more of a short term run. I'm not complaining about that either.

Well, we didn’t really choose it. We don’t even know DLo would have come back here for $25M even if Kawhi wasn’t on the table.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Whoa....

Well, we didn’t really choose it. We don’t even know DLo would have come back here for $25M even if Kawhi wasn’t on the table.

Right. But conceptually that's why I was ok with DLO coming back at that price.

I think we could have done a lot of things differently (for better or worse) if we knew Kawhi wasn't coming.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject:

DLo would be amazing off the bench in the Lou Williams role. I don't think he makes our team better at 25 million per this year. He's oft-injured and has had a negative net rtg every season.

I don't think he's a championship-level player at this point. Would be an intriguing piece to move for like Robert Covington + Jeff Teague though mid-season though.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Whoa....

Right. But conceptually that's why I was ok with DLO coming back at that price.

I think we could have done a lot of things differently (for better or worse) if we knew Kawhi wasn't coming.

Totally. Just saying a lot of choices were made for us this offseason and it has been sweeeeeeet haha
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Found a potential Kuzma trade: Kuzma for Aaron Gordon

Gordon has regressed this season offensively and so has Kuzma so a swap becomes intriguing for both parties.

who says no? Or do both teams say yes?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Gordon has regressed this season offensively and so has Kuzma so a swap becomes intriguing for both parties.

Don’t do drugs kids.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Don’t do drugs kids.

LOL, your posts always makes me laugh man.. thanks.

So you think it’s pipe for the Lakers?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Norvell waived, Cacok signed on 2 way. Interesting.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

He makes around 20m and kuzma 2m

How u making that trade?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Don’t do drugs kids.

Haha. I will give you a pass if you have been in a coma.

There is no good reason to trade for Aaron Gordon. Kuz is a better offensive player and neither are very good defensively.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Why?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Norvell seemed to have solid potential.. something happen behind the scenes that made the Lakers waive him? Can he still play for the South Bay?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Don’t do drugs kids.

AG makes $19M this year. Ignoring the money maching...
He's a PF IMO even when his coach puts him in some wack lineups as a SF
One of our 2 best players play the 4 spot.
The other of our 2 best players also plays the 4 spot when the other plays the 5.

Do you wanna play $19M for a guy to be on the bench? Not fun.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

The Lakers are waiving guard Zach Norvell Jr. and signing forward Devontae Cacok to a two-way contract, league sources tell
@TheAthleticNBA

@Stadium

Wait. What? Why? Who is Gamora?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3875, 3876, 3877 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3876 of 8560
Jump to: