OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3877, 3878, 3879 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Russell only wanted serious bidders and, sources say, he had three: The Lakers — wouldn’t that have been quite the reunion? — nearing a potential $100 million offer but in limbo until Kawhi Leonard made his choice, the Wolves, up over $100 million but still needing to create cap room to get to his max, and the Warriors, offering the full max in a complicated sign-and-trade involving Durant.

Whoa....

Big whoa.

$100M for 4 Years means we would have had $8M left over too.

While it's hard to argue it now that we're 21-3, damn you, Kawhi. And not because we didn't get D'lo but because who knows how mkiuchs stronger we could have been if we were first to the table instead of making everyone wait for us.

Doesn’t matter. Warriors gave him max. Dlo wasn’t walking away from that, and I would have been upset if the Lakers had given him that.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Norvell waived, Cacok signed on 2 way. Interesting.

Why?

Wonder if another team wanted to sign Cacok to a 2 way necessitating the Lakers to make this move?

I don't consider Norvell much of a loss. Most here seem to consider Daniels as a replaceable player and that is how I view Norvell.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Spencer Dinwiddie would be a great 3rd option
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Norvell waived, Cacok signed on 2 way. Interesting.

Why?

Wonder if another team wanted to sign Cacok to a 2 way necessitating the Lakers to make this move?

I don't consider Norvell much of a loss. Most here seem to consider Daniels as a replaceable player and that is how I view Norvell.

I was thinking the same thing. I think they were in danger of losing him to another team.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

he's super pivotal to the Nets hopes of competing in the East next year.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
governator wrote:

he's super pivotal to the Nets hopes of competing in the East next year.

I bet Net fans would rather give up Kyrie
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Pels getting that Clippers beat down from the Bucks.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
Pels getting that Clippers beat down from the Bucks.

Without Giannis. My gahd.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject:

I don’t mind the Pels and I think they will be good eventually but get that team off National tv lol.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject:

"They didn't like winning in Minnesota, that's why they didn't love [Jimmy Butler]. They wanted individual stats"

Pippen with the truth bombs

mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
I don’t mind the Pels and I think they will be good eventually but get that team off National tv lol.

They got the nationally televised games because of Zion, who sadly has been hurt.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Everybody is talking about Luka and Trae but how is Marvin Bagley doing?
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
Everybody is talking about Luka and Trae but how is Marvin Bagley doing?

Injured since game 1 but coming back now
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Forget about Zion. Morant is the real deal
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
Forget about Zion. Morant is the real deal

Ingram is better
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Randle is shooting 24% from three

https://twitter.com/UnwrittenRul3s/status/1204991368143101952

Ugh 0.0
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Kings in the playoffs hunt. That's cute.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Great move with Cacok. We couldn't afford losing him. The kid is ready defensively (can guard 4 positions) and hope he gets some run. His strength and motor are off the charts.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:08 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Randle is shooting 24% from three

https://twitter.com/UnwrittenRul3s/status/1204991368143101952

Ugh 0.0

same ol same ol
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:36 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Kings in the playoffs hunt. That's cute.

I'm rooting for it... for one, they're an easy out for us, and two, why not root for Luke?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:27 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Great move with Cacok. We couldn't afford losing him. The kid is ready defensively (can guard 4 positions) and hope he gets some run. His strength and motor are off the charts.

Energy guy, turbo-charged rebounder, and I agree with the posters who said that we were probably at risk of losing him to another team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:26 am    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Russell only wanted serious bidders and, sources say, he had three: The Lakers — wouldn’t that have been quite the reunion? — nearing a potential $100 million offer but in limbo until Kawhi Leonard made his choice, the Wolves, up over $100 million but still needing to create cap room to get to his max, and the Warriors, offering the full max in a complicated sign-and-trade involving Durant.

Whoa....

As others have said, it’s hard to complain with where we’re at. There may have been fit issues with him on this team, but we’d also have a young star to ease us into the post-LeBron years. I was more rooting for a reunion because we did him wrong and it would have been nice to make good on it.

More importantly, I hope the organization learned from the bad years and can be a team that can support a young player in the future.

Yeah. That was my pitch. Get a 23 year old DLO with a 26 year old AD and we have a future and a present with a 34 year old LBJ.

Not crying over spilled milk at all, but we chose another path which is more of a short term run. I'm not complaining about that either.

I much prefer having Green, AB, Caruso and Rondo. Those guys combined make just under $25m.

Not even a question for me that this was the right call given Lebron’s age and the fact that the title window is wide open.

I'm not complaining at all about our current squad. Love them.

But AB was a room exception deal.

Rondo was a min.

Caruso IMO could have been retained at the minimum too.

So it's basically Green we're talking about here. There are certainly a lot of pros for him, but our point is that he's a limited 2 year window whereas a guy like DLO would give AD a possible 5-7 year window.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:35 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Whoa....

As others have said, it’s hard to complain with where we’re at. There may have been fit issues with him on this team, but we’d also have a young star to ease us into the post-LeBron years. I was more rooting for a reunion because we did him wrong and it would have been nice to make good on it.

More importantly, I hope the organization learned from the bad years and can be a team that can support a young player in the future.

Yeah. That was my pitch. Get a 23 year old DLO with a 26 year old AD and we have a future and a present with a 34 year old LBJ.

Not crying over spilled milk at all, but we chose another path which is more of a short term run. I'm not complaining about that either.

I much prefer having Green, AB, Caruso and Rondo. Those guys combined make just under $25m.

Not even a question for me that this was the right call given Lebron’s age and the fact that the title window is wide open.

Rondo was a min.

So it's basically Green we're talking about here. There are certainly a lot of pros for him, but our point is that he's a limited 2 year window whereas a guy like DLO would give AD a possible 5-7 year window.

Sorry DLO is so overrated its not funny, especially at max money....LaVine lit him up the other night...Can't play D....I'm not a big Green guy but he fits a role and plays D. The Lakers will find someone else to team up with AD and I guarantee you it;ll be much better than DLO.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:50 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Whoa....

Rondo was a min.

Sorry DLO is so overrated its not funny, especially at max money....LaVine lit him up the other night...Can't play D....I'm not a big Green guy but he fits a role and plays D. The Lakers will find someone else to team up with AD and I guarantee you it;ll be much better than DLO.

That's fine. Just pointing out that the guys mentioned could have all been had. It was Danny Green/Boogie/KCP or DLO/other vet. Just a difference of opinion. Here we are looking for a 3rd offensive piece who can run a PnR and score.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:

That's fine. Just pointing out that the guys mentioned could have all been had. It was Danny Green/Boogie/KCP or DLO/other vet. Just a difference of opinion. Here we are looking for a 3rd offensive piece who can run a PnR and score.

It's basically LeBron-AD-DLo vs LeBron-AD-DG-KCP... unstoppable offense (DLo as a 3rd option will allow LeBron/AD to sit longer and playing with 4 other defensive guys on the floor would elevate DLo's D to at least not a liability) vs straight up better defense
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3877, 3878, 3879 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3878 of 8560
Jump to: