OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3878, 3879, 3880 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Sorry DLO is so overrated its not funny, especially at max money....LaVine lit him up the other night...Can't play D....I'm not a big Green guy but he fits a role and plays D. The Lakers will find someone else to team up with AD and I guarantee you it;ll be much better than DLO.

That's fine. Just pointing out that the guys mentioned could have all been had. It was Danny Green/Boogie/KCP or DLO/other vet. Just a difference of opinion. Here we are looking for a 3rd offensive piece who can run a PnR and score.

It's basically LeBron-AD-DLo vs LeBron-AD-DG-KCP... unstoppable offense (DLo as a 3rd option will allow LeBron/AD to sit longer and playing with 4 other defensive guys on the floor would elevate DLo's D to at least not a liability) vs straight up better defense

Not that it was likely to happen, but someone like Jimmy Butler would fit the mold as an intense defender and able scorer too who fits in time-frame wise with LBJ.

But love our team. Still need a few pieces but we are 22-3!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject:

Marcus Morris would be nice if possible, but I don’t think the Lakers have enough to trade. I wouldn’t trade cost controlled Kuzma as frustrating as he has been.

Really do need that playmaker though. Hopefully one is available via buyout.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject:

Hollinger and Duncan floated a Kuz for Malik Beasley trade

thoughts?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

thoughts?

I'm sure the Lakers do not think that's a good trade.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

thoughts?

If he was a better playmaker, maybe. I just don’t see the point in moving a 4 who can shoot for a guard who can shoot on this roster.

We either need a game changer at guard (who will take significant mins from who we have) or a 3/D tweener wing.

I’d rather have the 3/4 and D wing if we’re giving up Kuz. But again, now is the dumbest time to trade Kuz. Probably the worst possible time.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

thoughts?

If he was a better playmaker, maybe. I just don’t see the point in moving a 4 who can shoot for a guard who can shoot on this roster.

We either need a game changer at guard (who will take significant mins from who we have) or a 3/D tweener wing.

I’d rather have the 3/4 and D wing if we’re giving up Kuz. But again, now is the dumbest time to trade Kuz. Probably the worst possible time.

Yeah. Beaz is 6'4. We need a big wing back. I wouldn't do it.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

thoughts?

Yeah. Beaz is 6'4. We need a big wing back. I wouldn't do it.

Won’t happen, but I like moving one of our guards for James Ennis. Thought maybe they’d be open to it because they need a guard and they already have Matisse Thybulle who looks promising.

But Ennis gave them a discount apparently so probably not. But that type of player.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject:

With DLO in the mix, the Lebron/AD chemistry would not be what it's at. Because Danny Green and KCP, they play off AD/Lebron. They make sure any time they have the ball in a position where the defense is getting on them, they look for AD inside.

D'LO has the skills where he would eventually fit in great, but it would have required a lot of patience and time. Sort of like with Kuzma as a 6th man there is a lot of patience, only with D'LO you would see him come along as a starting 2 guard, 3rd option, would require time.

Have to understand the Lakers worked with AD and Lebron to get this roster together. I'd bet money that Lebron and AD preferred Danny Green and 3nD guys, that we have, over D'LO. If for no other reason but defense. In comparison to KCP/Danny Green/Avery Bradley DLO's defense is really bad. I understand the longterm potential of having AD, Kuzma, Lebron, D'LO. No doubt, that lineup has immense potential. The Lakers need to win now. They can not wait a year or two until D'LO gets it as a 3rd guy, or he gets it defensively. That's the real conundrum with signing someone like D'LO. D"LO would have needed time to become the defensive player and spot up 3 point shooter we needed him to be. D'LO would need time to get his usage rate at a comfort zone where he could make an impact without a 30% usage rate.

My biggest issue with DLO and this team would be that would be happy and comfortable being a defender and 3 point spot up guy as his 2 primary roles? Based on his career history he is not a good defender (and this year really bad) and is not a consistent outside shooter either (although can get hot and go off).

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
With DLO in the mix, the Lebron/AD chemistry would not be what it's at. Because Danny Green and KCP, they play off AD/Lebron. They make sure any time they have the ball in a position where the defense is getting on them, they look for AD inside.

D'LO has the skills where he would eventually fit in great, but it would have required a lot of patience and time. Sort of like with Kuzma, only with D'LO you would see him come along as a starting 2 guard.

Have to understand the Lakers worked with AD and Lebron to get this roster together. I'd bet money that Lebron and AD preferred Danny Green and 3nD guys, that we have, over D'LO. If for no other reason but defense. Look at D'LO defensive numbers, his DFG%, DBPM, D rating. They are all awful in comparison to KCP/Danny Green/Avery Bradley. I understand the longterm potential of having AD, Kuzma, Lebron, D'LO. No doubt, that lineup has immense potential. The Lakers need to win now. They can not wait a year or two until D'LO gets it as a 3rd guy, or he gets it defensively. That's the real conundrum with signing someone like D'LO. D"LO would have needed time to become the defensive player and spot up 3 point shooter we needed him to be. D'LO would need time to get his usage rate at a comfort zone where he could make an impact without a 30% usage rate.

Regardless Lakers apparently offered him (or were planning to) close to 100m. Obviously things have worked out but I don't buy that it would have been a bad move. It would be a different one. Green has been hit or miss and at age 32, his ceiling is reached and is a short term move. He would be a good 3rd option on this team and be able to help run a 2nd unit.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

D'LO has the skills where he would eventually fit in great, but it would have required a lot of patience and time. Sort of like with Kuzma, only with D'LO you would see him come along as a starting 2 guard.

Have to understand the Lakers worked with AD and Lebron to get this roster together. I'd bet money that Lebron and AD preferred Danny Green and 3nD guys, that we have, over D'LO. If for no other reason but defense. Look at D'LO defensive numbers, his DFG%, DBPM, D rating. They are all awful in comparison to KCP/Danny Green/Avery Bradley. I understand the longterm potential of having AD, Kuzma, Lebron, D'LO. No doubt, that lineup has immense potential. The Lakers need to win now. They can not wait a year or two until D'LO gets it as a 3rd guy, or he gets it defensively. That's the real conundrum with signing someone like D'LO. D"LO would have needed time to become the defensive player and spot up 3 point shooter we needed him to be. D'LO would need time to get his usage rate at a comfort zone where he could make an impact without a 30% usage rate.

Regardless Lakers apparently offered him (or were planning to) close to 100m. Obviously things have worked out but I don't buy that it would have been a bad move. It would be a different one. Green has been hit or miss and at age 32, his ceiling is reached and is a short term move. He would be a good 3rd option on this team and be able to help run a 2nd unit.

I didn't read anywhere the Lakers offered him 100 M? Would you please source that? I was reading that the Lakers had some interest in him, and in fact the interest I read was more on his end to come back. I remember reading the Lakers having some interest at a less than max deal. Something starting at 20M.

With DLO's injuries this year and past, and his defense, does anyone think the Lakers are 22-3 with DLO at the max instead of having Green, KCP, Bradly? I think we'd still be a damn good team but I think paying so much for a 3rd option guy that doesn't play D and already has missed significant games, would hurt us more than help. If there was no Lebron, I certainly jump at D'LO. Now you got a 2nd option, to go with AD. Still have money and means to add depth around them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

thoughts?

That trade doesn't make sense on either side. We could use a wing with length to challenge Kawhi and George. Malik doesn't have thtat.
And Denver already has Milsap and Grant. They don't need another PF.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

I didn't read anywhere the Lakers offered him 100 M? Would you please source that? I was reading that the Lakers had some interest in him, and in fact the interest I read was more on his end to come back. I remember reading the Lakers having some interest at a less than max deal. Something starting at 20M.

With DLO's injuries this year and past, and his defense, does anyone think the Lakers are 22-3 with DLO at the max instead of having Green, KCP, Bradly? I think we'd still be a damn good team but I think paying so much for a 3rd option guy that doesn't play D and already has missed significant games, would hurt us more than help. If there was no Lebron, I certainly jump at D'LO. Now you got a 2nd option, to go with AD. Still have money and means to add depth around them.

It was in an Athletic article. I posted the quote but don't have access to it.

I think KCP would have returned no matter what to keep his Bird rights intact. AB was a room exception, Dwight/Rondo were minimum deals. So yeah, it's Green v. DLO. Pros/cons for both. I honestly think we'd be 22-3 or better with him b/c of how dominant LBJ/AD are. I think having a 25ppg level scorer as a 3rd option really helps divide the workload (and obviously he wouldn't be able to do that with LBJ/AD).
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Brooklyn Nets are waiving guard Iman Shumpert, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Nets were 9-4 with Shumpert and reluctantly released him due to full roster guarantees.

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
The Brooklyn Nets are waiving guard Iman Shumpert, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Nets were 9-4 with Shumpert and reluctantly released him due to full roster guarantees.

do we want him? he'll be like Caruso
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

Come on down...oh wait. If he was 6'7...
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

thoughts?

Add Michael porter jr
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

do we want him? he'll be like Caruso

If we can't get IGGY, I mean, he's an option. Tough nosed defender but poor shooter and is only 6'5.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

thoughts?

Add Michael porter jr

I'm not high on Malik's decision making.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

thoughts?

Add Michael porter jr

I'm not high on Malik's decision making.

Man, and his decision making on-court aint so good either.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Here was the source:
Quote:
according to The Athletic’s Anthony Slater.
Russell only wanted serious bidders and, sources say, he had three: The Lakers — wouldn’t that have been quite the reunion? — nearing a potential $100 million offer but in limbo until Kawhi Leonard made his choice, the Wolves, up over $100 million but still needing to create cap room to get to his max, and the Warriors, offering the full max in a complicated sign-and-trade involving Durant.

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

If our roster wasn't full, I'd offer him 2 10 day contracts while we see how Kuzma recovers. But that's not realistic as I believe he'll get picked up else where.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

If our roster wasn't full, I'd offer him 2 10 day contracts while we see how Kuzma recovers. But that's not realistic as I believe he'll get picked up else where.

Would you have 1 dimensional Troy Daniels or 1 dimensional Shumpert?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
epak wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

The one who gets injured less.
And the one who doesn't shoot 24% from 3.
You?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epak wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

The one who gets injured less.
And the one who doesn't shoot 24% from 3.
You?

Not sure, b/c I think Troy may be cut/traded down the road anyways. Shump did show a lot of defensive activity on the Nets. But we have defenders off the bench and he's not exactly a large wing shutdown artist, is he?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject:

Shump is not worth cutting a guy
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3878, 3879, 3880 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3879 of 8560
Jump to: