OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3879, 3880, 3881 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Shump is not worth cutting a guy

Agree.

All our main perimeter guys are better imo and I wouldn’t lose shooters like Cook or Daniels for Shumpert.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

We should go hard after Shumpert. Lebron guy, seems like he only gives a (bleep) on contenders. This is a perfect team for him
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
We should go hard after Shumpert. Lebron guy, seems like he only gives a (bleep) on contenders. This is a perfect team for him

Lebron traded him to the Kings!
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

ty for the thoughts guys

I know virtually nothing about Beasley so didn't know what to make of the floated idea. To be fair to Hollinger and Duncan I believe they ultimately concluded pretty much what you guys did.

They definitely did think that Kuzma should be traded, though.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Agree.

All our main perimeter guys are better imo and I wouldn’t lose shooters like Cook or Daniels for Shumpert.

I would lose Daniels for Shumpert. Shump shoots a high percentage on 3's as well, but is a much bigger body and isn't going to be weirdly redundant on bench lineups. He's also at the precipice of being out of the league. Given our success with Dwight, I would take a chance on him.

Cook I'm still intrigued by. I think we need him as Rondo insurance.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Agree.

I would lose Daniels for Shumpert. Shump shoots a high percentage on 3's as well, but is a much bigger body and isn't going to be weirdly redundant on bench lineups. He's also at the precipice of being out of the league. Given our success with Dwight, I would take a chance on him.

Troy: 34.8%
Shump: 24.2%
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
levon wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Agree.

I was about to say. Also, Troy does it at 13 minutes a game, it is much harder to get into a groove with low and sporadic minutes. Shump was averaging 18 minutes this year.

Shumps name has been around so much that he feels like a 34 or 35 yr old guy, but I looked him up and he's only 29. He's a better defender, and I actually don't think it's a bad idea for Vogel to commit 100% to either Daniels or Cook, and cut the other for more defense in Shump. Not only will you add more defense, Cook or Daniels can deliver higher shooting % with more minutes to get into a groove. Because as is, Vogel only plays on or the other. Right now, it's Daniels.
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject:

No thanks to Shumpert...
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject:

cital wrote:
No thanks to Shumpert...

Ditto
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject:

Gallinari anyone? But salary is hard to match... $22mil
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Gallinari anyone? But salary is hard to match... $22mil

Wouldn’t hate it
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
With DLO in the mix, the Lebron/AD chemistry would not be what it's at. Because Danny Green and KCP, they play off AD/Lebron. They make sure any time they have the ball in a position where the defense is getting on them, they look for AD inside.

D'LO has the skills where he would eventually fit in great, but it would have required a lot of patience and time. Sort of like with Kuzma, only with D'LO you would see him come along as a starting 2 guard.

Have to understand the Lakers worked with AD and Lebron to get this roster together. I'd bet money that Lebron and AD preferred Danny Green and 3nD guys, that we have, over D'LO. If for no other reason but defense. Look at D'LO defensive numbers, his DFG%, DBPM, D rating. They are all awful in comparison to KCP/Danny Green/Avery Bradley. I understand the longterm potential of having AD, Kuzma, Lebron, D'LO. No doubt, that lineup has immense potential. The Lakers need to win now. They can not wait a year or two until D'LO gets it as a 3rd guy, or he gets it defensively. That's the real conundrum with signing someone like D'LO. D"LO would have needed time to become the defensive player and spot up 3 point shooter we needed him to be. D'LO would need time to get his usage rate at a comfort zone where he could make an impact without a 30% usage rate.

Regardless Lakers apparently offered him (or were planning to) close to 100m. Obviously things have worked out but I don't buy that it would have been a bad move. It would be a different one. Green has been hit or miss and at age 32, his ceiling is reached and is a short term move. He would be a good 3rd option on this team and be able to help run a 2nd unit.

I didn't read anywhere the Lakers offered him 100 M? Would you please source that? I was reading that the Lakers had some interest in him, and in fact the interest I read was more on his end to come back. I remember reading the Lakers having some interest at a less than max deal. Something starting at 20M.

With DLO's injuries this year and past, and his defense, does anyone think the Lakers are 22-3 with DLO at the max instead of having Green, KCP, Bradly? I think we'd still be a damn good team but I think paying so much for a 3rd option guy that doesn't play D and already has missed significant games, would hurt us more than help. If there was no Lebron, I certainly jump at D'LO. Now you got a 2nd option, to go with AD. Still have money and means to add depth around them.

It was in an Athletic article. I posted the quote but don't have access to it.

I think KCP would have returned no matter what to keep his Bird rights intact. AB was a room exception, Dwight/Rondo were minimum deals. So yeah, it's Green v. DLO. Pros/cons for both. I honestly think we'd be 22-3 or better with him b/c of how dominant LBJ/AD are. I think having a 25ppg level scorer as a 3rd option really helps divide the workload (and obviously he wouldn't be able to do that with LBJ/AD).

Still can't insult RP with a low-ball offer to his client, after another of his clients waived a trade kicker. KCP is getting $7M, at least.

We needed to sign Cousins and McGee as well, possibly costing us the RE before Bradley even becomes available.

Even if DLo signed for 4yr/$92M ($20M starting salary), and we squeeze everybody in under the cap (McGee, DMC, KCP), does Bradley even want to play for us with the reduction in available minutes? And if that answer is yes, Rondo is definitely heading elsewhere.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject:

If Minny falls out of the playoff race, would you guys have interest in Jeff Teague if Minny buys him out?
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
levon wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Agree.

Oop, was looking at his fg%. I admit I'm less passionate about it now but he did do very well with the Kings. His play dropped off after the trade and in Brooklyn. And he's a career 34% shooter which is respectable. Maybe he's busted at this point though, don't know.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If Minny falls out of the playoff race, would you guys have interest in Jeff Teague if Minny buys him out?

Easily. And I would go for RoCo (19m) way before Gallinari if we're going to be getting in that salary range, which we probably won't be this year.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Definitely
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
With DLO in the mix, the Lebron/AD chemistry would not be what it's at. Because Danny Green and KCP, they play off AD/Lebron. They make sure any time they have the ball in a position where the defense is getting on them, they look for AD inside.

D'LO has the skills where he would eventually fit in great, but it would have required a lot of patience and time. Sort of like with Kuzma, only with D'LO you would see him come along as a starting 2 guard.

Have to understand the Lakers worked with AD and Lebron to get this roster together. I'd bet money that Lebron and AD preferred Danny Green and 3nD guys, that we have, over D'LO. If for no other reason but defense. Look at D'LO defensive numbers, his DFG%, DBPM, D rating. They are all awful in comparison to KCP/Danny Green/Avery Bradley. I understand the longterm potential of having AD, Kuzma, Lebron, D'LO. No doubt, that lineup has immense potential. The Lakers need to win now. They can not wait a year or two until D'LO gets it as a 3rd guy, or he gets it defensively. That's the real conundrum with signing someone like D'LO. D"LO would have needed time to become the defensive player and spot up 3 point shooter we needed him to be. D'LO would need time to get his usage rate at a comfort zone where he could make an impact without a 30% usage rate.

Regardless Lakers apparently offered him (or were planning to) close to 100m. Obviously things have worked out but I don't buy that it would have been a bad move. It would be a different one. Green has been hit or miss and at age 32, his ceiling is reached and is a short term move. He would be a good 3rd option on this team and be able to help run a 2nd unit.

I didn't read anywhere the Lakers offered him 100 M? Would you please source that? I was reading that the Lakers had some interest in him, and in fact the interest I read was more on his end to come back. I remember reading the Lakers having some interest at a less than max deal. Something starting at 20M.

With DLO's injuries this year and past, and his defense, does anyone think the Lakers are 22-3 with DLO at the max instead of having Green, KCP, Bradly? I think we'd still be a damn good team but I think paying so much for a 3rd option guy that doesn't play D and already has missed significant games, would hurt us more than help. If there was no Lebron, I certainly jump at D'LO. Now you got a 2nd option, to go with AD. Still have money and means to add depth around them.

It was in an Athletic article. I posted the quote but don't have access to it.

I think KCP would have returned no matter what to keep his Bird rights intact. AB was a room exception, Dwight/Rondo were minimum deals. So yeah, it's Green v. DLO. Pros/cons for both. I honestly think we'd be 22-3 or better with him b/c of how dominant LBJ/AD are. I think having a 25ppg level scorer as a 3rd option really helps divide the workload (and obviously he wouldn't be able to do that with LBJ/AD).

It’s been appearing all over the place. Here is CBS reporting it, sourced from The Athletic.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lakers-had-a-potential-100-million-offer-to-dangelo-russell-on-the-table-in-free-agency-per-report/
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Shumpert can't defend wings and can't shoot.

Hard pass.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Going into free agency, heck yeah! No KL, no Kyrie.. D'Lo all the way. But the way things have panned out. You would be giving up a whole lot of defense in Green and KCP. D'Lo wouldn't have the volume on this team either. He's shooting 36% from threes which is below KCP and Green.

And even though it's pipe, would we be out of the Freak sweepstakes in 21?
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

no need for Shumpert, he already have guards who play defense and shoot better
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Nope, probably not.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Otto Porter if he gets bought out? Won’t happen and he is having some mystery issues though.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Nicked from Reddit:

Jimmy Butler has a bet with Bam Adebayo to help Adebayo improve his range. For every game that Adebayo attempts a 3 he wins $500 from Butler, if not he owes Butler $500.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/e9s5wf/jimmy_butler_has_a_bet_with_bam_adebayo_to_help/

Jimmy's reaction when he finds out he lost $500 is gold

https://streamable.com/kzs8b
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

LOL now the Grizzlies want a first round pick as well as salary matching for Iggy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/e9r033/charania_the_grizzlies_have_already_received_a/

Nobody is giving up a first and trading for Iggy you greedy (bleep). Not the Mavs, not the Rockets, not the Clippers, not anybody.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LOL now the Grizzlies want a first round pick as well as salary matching for Iggy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/e9r033/charania_the_grizzlies_have_already_received_a/

Nobody is giving up a first and trading for Iggy you greedy (bleep). Not the Mavs, not the Rockets, not the Clippers, not anybody.

My fear is the Celtics would offer Memphis their pick back (and maybe another) in exchange for taking Hayward off their hands. Memphis would send back Crowder in addition to Iguodala. Boston would open up at least $20M in cap space.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3879, 3880, 3881 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3880 of 8560
Jump to: