OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4158, 4159, 4160 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Pelinka is not trading kuzma for likes of d rose

It's already been reported that he is looking for a young guy and a high 1st round pick or 2 lower 1sr rounders

Not saying he is getting that but it tells he is looking for Young assets over 1 foot in grave players like d rose

And avoiding an unhappy AD with a Cavs 2.0 roster.

Other then next year's 1st, we have no assets other then kuzma and tht.

Looking at recent history dlo became all star in 4th year and bi is baking in 4th year. Its kuzma's 3rd year still. So he needs time

DLo and BI were teenagers when they came in the league. There was just more room for them to grow. Kuz has already gone from a relatively unknown in college to a household name. It's more reasonable to think he's near his ceiling.

League experience is league experience. 4th year in the league is the key

26,36,11,4 in last 4 games. He needs to be consistent and that comes with time and opportunities
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

It's already been reported that he is looking for a young guy and a high 1st round pick or 2 lower 1sr rounders

Not saying he is getting that but it tells he is looking for Young assets over 1 foot in grave players like d rose

Looking at recent history dlo became all star in 4th year and bi is baking in 4th year. Its kuzma's 3rd year still. So he needs time

DLo and BI were teenagers when they came in the league. There was just more room for them to grow. Kuz has already gone from a relatively unknown in college to a household name. It's more reasonable to think he's near his ceiling.

26,36,11,4 in last 4 games. He needs to be consistent and that comes with time and opportunities

Experience is important, but age is more important.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject:

Raptors are gonna be buyers at the trade deadline according to Woj maybe there is a trade to be made between the Lakers and Raptors.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject:

We have a lot of guys who can help the Raptors and they have intriguing players like Norman Powell and Boucher
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
We have a lot of guys who can help the Raptors and they have intriguing players like Norman Powell and Boucher

I'd love FVV. Guy steps up in big games and shoots 38% from 3.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I'd love FVV. Guy steps up in big games and shoots 38% from 3.

Agreed
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject:

Do y'all really believe that Pelinka is taking calls on Kuzma?

If so, why?

Why would the front office even entertain a deal for Kuzma unless they were disappointed with not only his play but his fit?

Do you think they'd trade him for a player who is obviously better and more helpful now but won't be better 2-3 years from now?

The bolded question is at the heart of this philosophical debate.

The problem for me are those ignorant posters who can't even acknowledge that Rose is better, more impactful, right now.

We can differ on the bolded question, but there isn't much debate to me in a "who's better in realtime" Kuzma v. Rose debate.

Right now, as I type, Derrick Rose is just flat out better. You need a third scorer, a guy to get you penetration points and instant offense ... Rose is better (right now).

Watch some games. Crunch some numbers. Meditate. Snort a line.

Do whatever you do to get you in your space of truth. Once your there though, it's undeniable that Rose is better right now.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject:

I hate uptight snobs
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Experience is important, but age is more important.

Yes for him the flashes are their. Averaged 18.7 in 2nd year. He needs a setup guy like so/LeBron tough
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:

If so, why?

Why would the front office even entertain a deal for Kuzma unless they were disappointed with not only his play but his fit?

Do you think they'd trade him for a player who is obviously better and more helpful now but won't be better 2-3 years from now?

The problem for me are those ignorant posters who can't even acknowledge that Rose is better, more impactful, right now.

We can differ on the bolded question, but there isn't much debate to me in a "who's better in realtime" Kuzma v. Rose debate.

Right now, as I type, Derrick Rose is just flat out better. You need a third scorer, a guy to get you penetration points and instant offense ... Rose is better (right now).

Do whatever you do to get you in your space of truth. Once your there though, it's undeniable that Rose is better right now.

completely agree, joe - but I'm too worried about Rose's injury history and I don't trust that he'll make it through a 90-100 game season
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:

If so, why?

Rose is not enough to make a difference especially in the playoff. We need help in the regular season , but I rather try hard to convince Collison than trade Kuz for him. This is too short sighted and kinda move that does not do anything significant in the short term while you sacrifice your long term. It’s like a Reggie Bullock - Svi trade all over again. Rose is a damaged good past his prime who needs the ball to be effective .
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:14 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
I hate uptight snobs

Don’t be so hard on yourself
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:18 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
I hate uptight snobs

Move on IG, I now have my #1 fan
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject:

With some of the recent bench performances and results I’m more inclined to keep the roster intact and not force a trade. Chemistry is great right now. Let it continue IMO.

I understand the logic of going after Rose or similar trade. Lakers are “all in “ and questionable panic moves to win now are on the table when th such a small window of success.

I would prefer they roll the dice on James/Davis / team chemistry being able to play through the rest of the regular season. Once they get to the playoffs the bench shortens, James cranks up his game and mins anyways.

Kuzma’s scoring potential has more value off the bench down the stretch and in the playoff rotation then a ball handler/ scorer that will never touch the ball. Anyways, haven’t you been paying attention, Caruso is an All Star, why do they need more😳.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
I hate uptight snobs

Move on IG, I now have my #1 fan

You came at me 1st last night, bud.

Nice try though
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
drae wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Horton-Tucker looks great ... but I'd trade him in a heartbeat if it meant securing Iguodala.

Horton-Tucker is a long way away from fitting in with James.

He'll be a great NBA player though, really reminds me of Tyreke Evans before Evans learned how to shoot.

He'll be a perfect fit with AD if Lebron leaves in a couple of years

Perfect is a strong word. Their both from Chicago. One likes to handle the other doesn't -- that's good. But to call it a perfect fit I'd have to know who the other pieces were.

If you're suggesting he'll be a second option to Davis in two years, I disagree, but I do believe his fit is s thousand times better with Davis than James.

Again, ultimately the fit depends on who are the second and third options next to Davis.

All moot points, however, because I think we all know James is done moving around. He wants to break Kareem's record in a Laker uni.

Shaq and Kobe were a perfect fit no matter who else was out there on the floor with them...but I get your point, nonetheless

Still living in Kobe days 😂

Here’s the receipt
Have a nice day
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject:

Move on kid
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:34 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Move on kid

When I’m ready...Thaaanks
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:35 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
drae wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Horton-Tucker looks great ... but I'd trade him in a heartbeat if it meant securing Iguodala.

Horton-Tucker is a long way away from fitting in with James.

He'll be a great NBA player though, really reminds me of Tyreke Evans before Evans learned how to shoot.

He'll be a perfect fit with AD if Lebron leaves in a couple of years

Perfect is a strong word. Their both from Chicago. One likes to handle the other doesn't -- that's good. But to call it a perfect fit I'd have to know who the other pieces were.

If you're suggesting he'll be a second option to Davis in two years, I disagree, but I do believe his fit is s thousand times better with Davis than James.

Again, ultimately the fit depends on who are the second and third options next to Davis.

All moot points, however, because I think we all know James is done moving around. He wants to break Kareem's record in a Laker uni.

Shaq and Kobe were a perfect fit no matter who else was out there on the floor with them...but I get your point, nonetheless

Still living in Kobe days 😂

So they weren’t a perfect fit? Got it, chief 👍🤓

Na just take ur head out of ... and u will realize it's 2020 and that lebron is knocking on goat status above kobe

And here’s your next pearl of wisdom.
You’re a really smart and respectful poster
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject:

THT, Kuz, this year's pick, Danny Green+the rest of next year's expiring contracts, the MLE and capspacen in '21 are the major assets we have left to build around AD moving forward. I think Pelinka will find a way to make something happen with that and keep the championship window open for the remainder of AD's prime which has just begun.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:13 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
THT, Kuz, this year's pick, Danny Green+the rest of next year's expiring contracts, the MLE and capspacen in '21 are the major assets we have left to build around AD moving forward. I think Pelinka will find a way to make something happen with that and keep the championship window open for the remainder of AD's prime which has just begun.

this years pick? I thought we didn't have a first round pick since we traded it for AD?
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
manlisten wrote:

this years pick? I thought we didn't have a first round pick since we traded it for AD?

I believe we have a 2020 1st rounder but it can't be traded until the selection is actually made.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:27 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
D Rose helps one side of the ball. That too if he is able to get the usage.
Kuzma can help the Lakers on the other side as well.

No other team in the league can give you these kind of looks up front

Howard-AD-Lebron
AD-Kuz-Lebron
McGee-AD-Lebron

We have 3 completely different lineups we can play - one with McGee inside. The other with Howard. A third with AD. Now you bring in Kuz with that group, and you have a 5 man rotation up front that is the best in the NBA. AD, Lebron, Kuzma, Howard and McGee. Not a single team in the league has that kind of size, skill, talent up front. With Lebrons PG skill, he is basically able to play a backcourt role as well.

I would look for help in the backcourt in the form of a 3 point shooter and dribble penetration threat, but not at the cost of Kuzma, unless it was someone very significant. I think we should hang on to Kuzma unless we can get a 3rd star for him. Lebron will decline over these 3 seasons. In that time, it is critical we get a 3rd star that can carry the load a bit. Either Kuzma needs to become that player or we need to trade him (in a package) for one.

The big assumption here is that Kuzma will either become a 3rd star or will garner enough trade value that will net you a 3rd star.

What if neither happens? Why does the third leading scorer have to be a "star"? Why can't that third guy simply be a guy who gives 12-15 a game? Does that guy have to be under thirty? Why can't the third guy be Rose in the same way the Clippers' third guy is Williams?

Isn't Rose a thousand times more consistent than Kuzma? Wouldn't Rose help this team more now?

You mentioned Rose's ineffectiveness when not getting usage, but I see a huge void for a third guy to get usage.

Rose wouldn’t help this team more now, as currently constructed. The roster is so poorly balanced that Kuzma is the only solid backup 3/4 we have. I agree that relying on Kuzma being a third star is highly speculative, similar to hoping to win the lottery to pay rent. He hasn’t shown that he is that player.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:29 am    Post subject:

I’d lose all hope for this FO if they traded Kuzma for Derrick Rose
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:40 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
I’d lose all hope for this FO if they traded Kuzma for Derrick Rose

Same here, I like Rose but giving up Kuzma for Rose is suicide.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4158, 4159, 4160 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4159 of 8560
Jump to: