OFFICIAL 2018-2019 FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD (Available 2019 FAs & LAL Cap Space, p.1; LAL May Prefer Klay, p. 33)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 20863

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Man, IG already has more posts than me and (re)joined the site 10+ years after I did.

Stating a campaign to Franchise the 20k posts/10+ years guys 😁 mods??


Wow, IG is going at a Yinoma pace. These guys make me feel better about myself, if you know what I mean.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2019
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 5772

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Man, IG already has more posts than me and (re)joined the site 10+ years after I did.

Stating a campaign to Franchise the 20k posts/10+ years guys 😁 mods??


Wow, IG is going at a Yinoma pace. These guys make me feel better about myself, if you know what I mean.


Yea but one is not like the other
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jordan-esque
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 8570

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject:

ESPN the Jump’s Paul Pierce expects New Orleans to broker Anthony Davis trade to Lakers if Pelicans fare poorly

https://clutchpoints.com/pelicans-news-paul-pierce-expects-new-orleans-to-broker-anthony-davis-trade-to-lakers-if-team-fares-poorly/

Quote:
10-time All-Star Paul Pierce has just come out with a theory that will not make New Orleans Pelicans supporters happy. According to the 40-year-old former NBA champion turned basketball analysts, he strongly believes that the Pelicans will end up dealing centerpiece star Anthony Davis to the Los Angeles Lakers if the Pelicans perform below expectations in the upcoming season.

Pierce shared his bold claim on ESPN’s The Jump.

“If things don’t go well in New Orleans this year and they’re hovering around 500 or not looking like a playoff team, Boston’s going to make a run at him or the Lakers,” said Pierce.

“I guarantee you that. He will not be in New Orleans by the end of the year.

“If they’re not playing well he will not make it to All-Star weekend.”

This prediction comes at the heels of Davis’ recent break-up with long-time sports agent Thad Foucher. Rumors have began circulating that Davis intends to sign with super agent Rich Paul of Klutch Sports, who also happens to represent Lakers superstar LeBron James. Pierce thinks that should this come to fruition, it will only bring Davis one step closer to Hollywood.

“What better guy to do [Davis’ move to the Lakers] than Rich Paul?” claimed Pierce.

“He pretty much controls the market. Guys are running left and right to be represented by him.

“This is classic… I think there are some things in the NBA we don’t know about. Something’s brewing.”

_________________


Quote:
“One at a time they’re good, two at a time they’re great, 3 of them together they unbeata-BALL."

- LaVar on why Lakers should draft all 3 Ball Brothers (6/12/18)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 3614

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject:

What reasons are there to think that things wouldn't go well in NO this year, though? They just had a great year.
_________________
“Christ did not die to forgive sinners who go on treasuring anything above seeing and savoring God. And people who would be happy in heaven if Christ were not there, will not be there."
- John Piper

"All heroes are shadows of Christ."
- John Piper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 10487

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
What reasons are there to think that things wouldn't go well in NO this year, though? They just had a great year.


I'll be watching from a distance this season because of Randle. To me it looks like an awkward fit on paper but I'm curious to see if this is the year Randle becomes a better-than-terrible shooter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 3614

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Judah wrote:
What reasons are there to think that things wouldn't go well in NO this year, though? They just had a great year.


I'll be watching from a distance this season because of Randle. To me it looks like an awkward fit on paper but I'm curious to see if this is the year Randle becomes a better-than-terrible shooter.

I think it's the opposite. AD can space the floor. I expect the two of them to wreck the league.
_________________
“Christ did not die to forgive sinners who go on treasuring anything above seeing and savoring God. And people who would be happy in heaven if Christ were not there, will not be there."
- John Piper

"All heroes are shadows of Christ."
- John Piper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 92955
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Judah wrote:
What reasons are there to think that things wouldn't go well in NO this year, though? They just had a great year.


I'll be watching from a distance this season because of Randle. To me it looks like an awkward fit on paper but I'm curious to see if this is the year Randle becomes a better-than-terrible shooter.

I think it's the opposite. AD can space the floor. I expect the two of them to wreck the league.


But AD did best with Mirotic who spaced the floor too.
_________________
We can wait. Do not trade Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Hart. Chase max FA in 2019 instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 4722

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Judah wrote:
What reasons are there to think that things wouldn't go well in NO this year, though? They just had a great year.


I'll be watching from a distance this season because of Randle. To me it looks like an awkward fit on paper but I'm curious to see if this is the year Randle becomes a better-than-terrible shooter.

I think it's the opposite. AD can space the floor. I expect the two of them to wreck the league.


Losing a veteran PG who was like an extra assistant coach hurts and AD does better with a big who can space the floor next to him. I wouldn’t be surprised if Mirotic starts over Randle.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 92955
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Judah wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Judah wrote:
What reasons are there to think that things wouldn't go well in NO this year, though? They just had a great year.


I'll be watching from a distance this season because of Randle. To me it looks like an awkward fit on paper but I'm curious to see if this is the year Randle becomes a better-than-terrible shooter.

I think it's the opposite. AD can space the floor. I expect the two of them to wreck the league.


Losing a veteran PG who was like an extra assistant coach hurts and AD does better with a big who can space the floor next to him. I wouldn’t be surprised if Mirotic starts over Randle.


Yeah. I think AD/Mirotic is the better duo. Jules can backup both spots. His lack of shooting really mucks up the spacing for that team.
_________________
We can wait. Do not trade Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Hart. Chase max FA in 2019 instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Sep 2004
Posts: 5091

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject:

Don't know about our centers. McGee is the only one that's quick enough and has good experience. If he gets injured we're stuck with a rookie and Zu. Zu is too slow and hasn't shown much on defense. Moritz looks like he can shoot OK but also looks pretty slow too guard anyone. Plus he'll be up and down all season like all rookies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Posts: 6478

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Judah wrote:
What reasons are there to think that things wouldn't go well in NO this year, though? They just had a great year.


I'll be watching from a distance this season because of Randle. To me it looks like an awkward fit on paper but I'm curious to see if this is the year Randle becomes a better-than-terrible shooter.

I think it's the opposite. AD can space the floor. I expect the two of them to wreck the league.


Jules played with Brook last year, who shot more threes at a slightly better percentage than AD. AD himself can't really space the floor to the extent needed in today's NBA. He needs to become more consistent at extending his range a few feet back from where he's most comfortable shooting right now. That's why Mirotic was so good for them, because he could play that role of a true floor spacing big man. Unless Jules has improved his jumper significantly from where it was last year, I think that combo won't be as effective as it appears on the surface. If I was him, I'd have gone elsewhere TBH - a big counting stats year would've set him up for a nice payday next summer and I'm not quite sure he gets there as a backup on the Pels.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 3433

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject:

It is going to be nice watching LJ, AD, and KL in Laker uniforms next season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 92955
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Judah wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Judah wrote:
What reasons are there to think that things wouldn't go well in NO this year, though? They just had a great year.


I'll be watching from a distance this season because of Randle. To me it looks like an awkward fit on paper but I'm curious to see if this is the year Randle becomes a better-than-terrible shooter.

I think it's the opposite. AD can space the floor. I expect the two of them to wreck the league.


Jules played with Brook last year, who shot more threes at a slightly better percentage than AD. AD himself can't really space the floor to the extent needed in today's NBA. He needs to become more consistent at extending his range a few feet back from where he's most comfortable shooting right now. That's why Mirotic was so good for them, because he could play that role of a true floor spacing big man. Unless Jules has improved his jumper significantly from where it was last year, I think that combo won't be as effective as it appears on the surface. If I was him, I'd have gone elsewhere TBH - a big counting stats year would've set him up for a nice payday next summer and I'm not quite sure he gets there as a backup on the Pels.


I think AD likes having the space to take his guy off the dribble more so than shooting 3s. With Jules, he will clog the lane up for AD while Mirotic is a good 3 shooter that his man will have to stay on him.
_________________
We can wait. Do not trade Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Hart. Chase max FA in 2019 instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 14240

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
It is going to be nice watching LJ, AD, and KL in Laker uniforms next season.


That would be great to see, but who else would be on the roster to compensate for the acquisition of AD? It would have to be Ingram and Ball since they would earn the most among the young players. The Lakers would also need a team to give Deng a huge money contract to set off some of that dead cap space to help clear some more room. On top of all that, KL would have to be willing to take some sort of pay cut to fit everyone under the cap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 19730
Location: Heavenly Island

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
It is going to be nice watching LJ, AD, and KL in Laker uniforms next season.


That would be great to see, but who else would be on the roster to compensate for the acquisition of AD? It would have to be Ingram and Ball since they would earn the most among the young players. The Lakers would also need a team to give Deng a huge money contract to set off some of that dead cap space to help clear some more room. On top of all that, KL would have to be willing to take some sort of pay cut to fit everyone under the cap.


There will be a lot of players looking to join us and help us win.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AirTupac
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Feb 2018
Posts: 356

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject:

Paul Pierce is literally the worst speaker out right now and has ZERO sources. Just says (bleep) for the sake of staying relevant.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 92955
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
It is going to be nice watching LJ, AD, and KL in Laker uniforms next season.


That would be great to see, but who else would be on the roster to compensate for the acquisition of AD? It would have to be Ingram and Ball since they would earn the most among the young players. The Lakers would also need a team to give Deng a huge money contract to set off some of that dead cap space to help clear some more room. On top of all that, KL would have to be willing to take some sort of pay cut to fit everyone under the cap.


If you want AD, I don't see how we can do it b/c he's set to make 27m next year. BI + Lonzo would be the minimum that would be required and combined they make 15m. So you can use cap space to account for some of that but still a bit short and may threaten a 2019 max slot. The math is pretty close, but i would think Pels would demand BI/Lonzo/Kuz/Hart/future 1sts as a baseline (let alone what other teams could offer).
_________________
We can wait. Do not trade Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Hart. Chase max FA in 2019 instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 19730
Location: Heavenly Island

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
Paul Pierce is literally the worst speaker out right now and has ZERO sources. Just says (bleep) for the sake of staying relevant.


You don’t have to have sources to be relevant, especially considering how highly Pierce is looked upon by NBA players, he knows what players are up to.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AirTupac
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Feb 2018
Posts: 356

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
Paul Pierce is literally the worst speaker out right now and has ZERO sources. Just says (bleep) for the sake of staying relevant.


You don’t have to have sources to be relevant, especially considering how highly Pierce is looked upon by NBA players, he knows what players are up to.


Who is he looked upon by? And where is the basis for what he knows about players? So am i to assume that pretty much every decently well known EX-NBA player knows what every NBA player is up too? Have you heard some of the stuff Pierce says? 9 times out of 10, its some (bleep). AD to Lakers is an easy rumour and thing to say.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AirTupac
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Feb 2018
Posts: 356

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

Does AD frequently confide with Paul Pierce? Or is this another assumption?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AirTupac
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Feb 2018
Posts: 356

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject:

Someone told me Jalen Rose said "Kawhi is a lock for not coming to Lakers" and that this must be true because he was the first to say that he wanted out of Spurs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 8978

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Judah wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Judah wrote:
What reasons are there to think that things wouldn't go well in NO this year, though? They just had a great year.


I'll be watching from a distance this season because of Randle. To me it looks like an awkward fit on paper but I'm curious to see if this is the year Randle becomes a better-than-terrible shooter.

I think it's the opposite. AD can space the floor. I expect the two of them to wreck the league.


Jules played with Brook last year, who shot more threes at a slightly better percentage than AD. AD himself can't really space the floor to the extent needed in today's NBA. He needs to become more consistent at extending his range a few feet back from where he's most comfortable shooting right now. That's why Mirotic was so good for them, because he could play that role of a true floor spacing big man. Unless Jules has improved his jumper significantly from where it was last year, I think that combo won't be as effective as it appears on the surface. If I was him, I'd have gone elsewhere TBH - a big counting stats year would've set him up for a nice payday next summer and I'm not quite sure he gets there as a backup on the Pels.


I think AD likes having the space to take his guy off the dribble more so than shooting 3s. With Jules, he will clog the lane up for AD while Mirotic is a good 3 shooter that his man will have to stay on him.


I can see Jules playing the 5 for them and have both AD/Mirotic play the stretch 4s... this could work for them
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 19730
Location: Heavenly Island

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
Paul Pierce is literally the worst speaker out right now and has ZERO sources. Just says (bleep) for the sake of staying relevant.


You don’t have to have sources to be relevant, especially considering how highly Pierce is looked upon by NBA players, he knows what players are up to.


Who is he looked upon by? And where is the basis for what he knows about players? So am i to assume that pretty much every decently well known EX-NBA player knows what every NBA player is up too? Have you heard some of the stuff Pierce says? 9 times out of 10, its some (bleep). AD to Lakers is an easy rumour and thing to say.


I mean everyone can predict stuff, but being a former NBA player he knows more then do and that’s my point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 92955
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Judah wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Judah wrote:
What reasons are there to think that things wouldn't go well in NO this year, though? They just had a great year.


I'll be watching from a distance this season because of Randle. To me it looks like an awkward fit on paper but I'm curious to see if this is the year Randle becomes a better-than-terrible shooter.

I think it's the opposite. AD can space the floor. I expect the two of them to wreck the league.


Jules played with Brook last year, who shot more threes at a slightly better percentage than AD. AD himself can't really space the floor to the extent needed in today's NBA. He needs to become more consistent at extending his range a few feet back from where he's most comfortable shooting right now. That's why Mirotic was so good for them, because he could play that role of a true floor spacing big man. Unless Jules has improved his jumper significantly from where it was last year, I think that combo won't be as effective as it appears on the surface. If I was him, I'd have gone elsewhere TBH - a big counting stats year would've set him up for a nice payday next summer and I'm not quite sure he gets there as a backup on the Pels.


I think AD likes having the space to take his guy off the dribble more so than shooting 3s. With Jules, he will clog the lane up for AD while Mirotic is a good 3 shooter that his man will have to stay on him.


I can see Jules playing the 5 for them and have both AD/Mirotic play the stretch 4s... this could work for them


You're missing the point though. AD seemed to flourish more when his counterpart spaced the floor (Mirotic). Boogie independently is a monster on offense, but seemed to take away floor spacing as he likes to ISO and have the ball in his hands (and he's a much better shooter than Jules).

Jules gives some athleticism and ball handling abilities, but will also cramp the floor for AD.
_________________
We can wait. Do not trade Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Hart. Chase max FA in 2019 instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5527
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
Someone told me Jalen Rose said "Kawhi is a lock for not coming to Lakers" and that this must be true because he was the first to say that he wanted out of Spurs.


He also said Lebron was staying with the Cavs a day or two before Lebron decided.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 45 of 69
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB