OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4459, 4460, 4461 ... 4534, 4535, 4536  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 136447
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Zach LaVine said on First Take that he would love to play with Lebron. Make it happen next season!


Our biggest draft mistake.

He would have had a chance to play with and learn from Kobe too.


We probably would have let him walk.
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 37815

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Such a beast his teams have never made the playoffs. Currently 10 games under .500.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Mar 2008
Posts: 19930

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Zach LaVine said on First Take that he would love to play with Lebron. Make it happen next season!


Sure, we must have a slot for an overpaid underachiever who is allergic to defense.


How could you be so wrong on everything?
_________________
A banana is killed every time a terrible thread or post is made. Save the bananas. Stop creating terrible posts!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
fansincemagic
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 9364

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:55 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Zach LaVine said on First Take that he would love to play with Lebron. Make it happen next season!


https://mobile.twitter.com/flossangeles/status/1228411839102488578?s=21

Man, he’s even slick with suggesting in playing with AD in the clip.

What makes it a real possibility is that it’s an east coast team and they did the Jimmy deal with Minny, so there’s som precedent there. The only thing is, do they value Markkanen as a keeper and wound they consider moving him to center?

Green/Kuz/S&d’d 2020 1st/2027 1st (converts only if Nawlins defers 2024 1st to 2025 1st, otherwise 2026 1st)/2023 2nd. Kid went to UCLA, right? Speak it into existence.


Closing lineup next season...

AD, Lebron, LaVine, KCP, Carushow!


He fits short and long term, movable in a 2021 pipedream yet dynamic enough to take some of the scoring load from an extended LBJ.

The 1st, Kuz, Green, THT and two 2nds is enough and if not Klutch will make them an offer they can't refuse.

Caruso
LaVine
James
Davis
Howard/Cousins/McGee

KCP
MLE 3&D forward
Cook
Whoever else wants a ring
_________________
Lakesh0wtime: "Guarantee ESPN and FS1 wont talk about his play tomorrow."
Epak: "Who cares? As long as we know."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Jul 2019
Posts: 731

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Such a beast his teams have never made the playoffs. Currently 10 games under .500.


Who is the 2nd best player there?

Otto Porter is making 27mil
Thaddeus Young is making 12mil

& The wolves were trash




You have to be smarter than that not everything is black and white.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vasashi17+
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 13 Dec 2019
Posts: 964

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
You don’t invest that kind of money into role players, especially when the player is not even all-star caliber, and, furthermore, that contract effectively takes them out of the Giannis sweepstakes. It’s a terrible move.

Those are the types of contracts that have crippled teams. Overpaid role players.


My G, honest-ly you can’t believe we have a legit shot at bringing in Giannis while still keeping Bron, AD and even Kuz...do you?

The 2021 plan has to go right in so many ways for us to land the Freak. I don’t believe it’s a viable option at all. But free agency has surprised us plenty, so who knows?!

ringfinger wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
I get rid of Green/Kuz without blinking. Truth be told, I don’t think we even have enough to bring Zach home.


Waive them both?


Hahahha That’s a terribull idea.

But seeing your recent posts in regards to Kuz, maybe you into colorful hair

https://giphy.com/gifs/trolls-2yw2YMXNeceQg


Last edited by vasashi17+ on Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 37815

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject:

He plays in the East. Who are you kidding? Aside from like two teams, that conference is a joke.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 24557
Location: North Hollywood

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:03 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Zach LaVine said on First Take that he would love to play with Lebron. Make it happen next season!


Our biggest draft mistake.

He would have had a chance to play with and learn from Kobe too.


We probably would have let him walk.


I think we would have similarly overhyped him a la Kuzma, while simultaneously depressing his development. So either he walks or he sucks. The Lakers simply do not develop talent. They buy it, trade for it, or dump it.

And we don't have the assets to trade for him, so use worrying about alternate universes past or present where he's a Lker.


Last edited by pjiddy on Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 37815

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Lebron took a paycut in his prime to pair up with his fellow team USA teammates, and even recruited several other of his team USA teammates to join help him win a title. So, a past prime, like 40 year old Lebron, wouldn’t take a paycut to pair up with Giannis and Anthony in their prime?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 24557
Location: North Hollywood

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Lebron took a paycut in his prime to pair up with his fellow team USA teammates, and even recruited several other of his team USA teammates to join help him win a title. So, a past prime, like 40 year old Lebron, wouldn’t take a paycut to pair up with Giannis and Anthony in their prime?


For one, i think he's "only" 37 when he's up for his next contract. And in his final year with the Heat, he said he was done doing discounts. He's worth about 100 mil a year to a team, if not more. Even a max contract is a "discount."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 37815

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Anthony took a paycut (waived his trade bonus) to open a max spot for Kawhi. These guys don’t take paycuts for role players, but an mvp/dpoy player in his prime? Come on. Lebron’s legacy is stacking the deck. You’d be a fool to think he wouldn’t consider it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 24557
Location: North Hollywood

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:12 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Anthony took a paycut (waived his trade bonus) to open a max spot for Kawhi. These guys don’t take paycuts for role players, but an mvp/dpoy player in his prime? Come on. Lebron’s legacy is stacking the deck. You’d be a fool to think he wouldn’t consider it.


AD gave up what, 4 million?

Lebron would have to give up 20 mil a YEAR. So a 3-year deal, he's giving up roughly 60 million. Don't think so.

This is before we even get into the myriad reasons why Giannis would never come here to play 2nd banana to Lebron when he can easily lead his team to the Finals himself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 24557
Location: North Hollywood

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject:

COMMENT REMOVED

Last edited by pjiddy on Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 136447
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Lebron took a paycut in his prime to pair up with his fellow team USA teammates, and even recruited several other of his team USA teammates to join help him win a title. So, a past prime, like 40 year old Lebron, wouldn’t take a paycut to pair up with Giannis and Anthony in their prime?


For one, i think he's "only" 37 when he's up for his next contract. And in his final year with the Heat, he said he was done doing discounts. He's worth about 100 mil a year to a team, if not more. Even a max contract is a "discount."


Plus it ended up being a S&T so his discount wasn’t significant.
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 30090
Location: The Valley

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Zach LaVine and Anthony Davis duo after LeBron retires would be very nice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vasashi17+
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 13 Dec 2019
Posts: 964

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Lebron took a paycut in his prime to pair up with his fellow team USA teammates, and even recruited several other of his team USA teammates to join help him win a title. So, a past prime, like 40 year old Lebron, wouldn’t take a paycut to pair up with Giannis and Anthony in their prime?


But it only was a pay cut of 15m over 6 years (2.5m per).

https://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=5368003

If Giannis were to come here in 2021, Bron would have to take nearly half of his 41m player option to take Giannis’s 38m into space while still keeping Kuz, or Bron would have to take almost 10m less that year if we dump Kuz for future assets that don’t impact our books in 2021. Either way, the Miami paycut is a trivial amount to what Bron would have to give up at age 36 in possibly his last big pay day before the over-38 rule impacts any deal he signs after his current one expires.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 24557
Location: North Hollywood

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:21 pm    Post subject:

^ Didn't know the 20 mil included a Kuz cap hold. I think he's 100% gone when his contract expires. How much would the Lakers have to pay him to stll not start and continue to hear his name in trade rumors? Hell, we'll probably STILL be playing Rondo, too. Another team will offer more + a starting job.


Rob has to has to has to trade him next year or he becomes yet another asset we flush down the toilet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vasashi17+
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 13 Dec 2019
Posts: 964

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:30 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
^ Didn't know the 20 mil included a Kuz cap hold. I think he's 100% gone when his contract expires. How much would the Lakers have to pay him to stll not start and continue to hear his name in trade rumors? Hell, we'll probably STILL be playing Rondo, too. Another team will offer more + a starting job.


Rob has to has to has to trade him next year or he becomes yet another asset we flush down the toilet.


Yeah, I don’t think some fans understand that we in position to almost have to trade Kuz. I just don’t see him as a longterm for here and dude has next to no chemistry in playing alongside AD so far.

If he doesn’t get an extension this summer (an extension would make him BYC and that much more difficult to trade), then he becomes a 9m caphold in 2021 with RFA status. If we don’t come to a deal that summer, then he’s a walking free agent to be with a no-trade clause, putting us in danger to lose him for nothing. You gotta get value for him while you can.

We already know how CAA players approach Restricted free agency. If the FO once again surrenders that status and let’s him walk for nothing like Jules did...maybe that will make Jeanie start to look at adding more capable individuals to the FO. #SilverLining
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 37815

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Lebron took a paycut in his prime to pair up with his fellow team USA teammates, and even recruited several other of his team USA teammates to join help him win a title. So, a past prime, like 40 year old Lebron, wouldn’t take a paycut to pair up with Giannis and Anthony in their prime?


But it only was a pay cut of 15m over 6 years (2.5m per).

https://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=5368003

If Giannis were to come here in 2021, Bron would have to take nearly half of his 41m player option to take Giannis’s 38m into space while still keeping Kuz, or Bron would have to take almost 10m less that year if we dump Kuz for future assets that don’t impact our books in 2021. Either way, the Miami paycut is a trivial amount to what Bron would have to give up at age 36 in possibly his last big pay day before the over-38 rule impacts any deal he signs after his current one expires.


Why are you talking about Kyle? He’s not even in the discussion. It’s Lebron, Anthony and Giannis. If Kyle wants to hang around, it’s on a merry minimum deal. He’s gone in 2021.
_________________

    “God knew they couldn’t be on this Earth without each other. He had to bring them home to heaven together.”

    — Vanessa Bryant
    https://youtu.be/SX3IZULkWx8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 12054

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Zach LaVine said on First Take that he would love to play with Lebron. Make it happen next season!


Our biggest draft mistake.

He would have had a chance to play with and learn from Kobe too.


We probably would have let him walk.


Na lavine is not trash journeyman like randle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 136447
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Zach LaVine said on First Take that he would love to play with Lebron. Make it happen next season!


Our biggest draft mistake.

He would have had a chance to play with and learn from Kobe too.


We probably would have let him walk.


Na lavine is not trash journeyman like randle


Then no cap space for another star, which was the FO’s plan.
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vasashi17+
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 13 Dec 2019
Posts: 964

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Lebron took a paycut in his prime to pair up with his fellow team USA teammates, and even recruited several other of his team USA teammates to join help him win a title. So, a past prime, like 40 year old Lebron, wouldn’t take a paycut to pair up with Giannis and Anthony in their prime?


But it only was a pay cut of 15m over 6 years (2.5m per).

https://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=5368003

If Giannis were to come here in 2021, Bron would have to take nearly half of his 41m player option to take Giannis’s 38m into space while still keeping Kuz, or Bron would have to take almost 10m less that year if we dump Kuz for future assets that don’t impact our books in 2021. Either way, the Miami paycut is a trivial amount to what Bron would have to give up at age 36 in possibly his last big pay day before the over-38 rule impacts any deal he signs after his current one expires.


Why are you talking about Kyle? He’s not even in the discussion. It’s Lebron, Anthony and Giannis. If Kyle wants to hang around, it’s on a merry minimum deal. He’s gone in 2021.


Okay, but a lot of things have to happen for that to be a possibility.

With no Kyle, THT, Caruso 2020 FRP (ie traded for future pick) and no 2021 FRP caphold (ie traded for future pick)...basically just no cap holds in general and it’s just Bron, AD, Giannis on the roster and that’s it:

AD 37.3m (2nd year of 30%max deal on a 115m cap signed in 2020)
Giannis 37.5m (30%max on a projected 125m cap)
Deng dead cap hit 5m
10 incomplete roster charge ~11m
= 34m in cap space

Bron would have to take about a 7m haircut from his 41m player option.

So you say let’s just have him make it up on a longer deal...but then you gotta consider the over-38 rule blocks that loophole.

If Bron opts out of his 41m in 2021, that means he is 36 and can only sign up to a 2yr deal from that point that doesn’t make it an over-38 contract.

So he can sign a 2yr 70m deal in 2021 while still making room for Giannis. At that point we could only round out the roster with the room exception (~5.4m) and vet mins.

Never say never...after all free agency has already shown us plenty of surprises. That being said, I still think the 2021 plan is unlikely. I would go the route of bringing in players that can help now and then facilitating a S&t for Giannis with this contracts, if he’s adamant in playing with Bron & AD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 23544

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Zach LaVine said on First Take that he would love to play with Lebron. Make it happen next season!


Sure, we must have a slot for an overpaid underachiever who is allergic to defense.


What’s he making 20m I’m guessing? Danny Green and Kuzma is making $17? LaVine is not perfect, but he’s athletic, he can handle the ball, he can score inside and outside. Why not?


Sure, he has always had aesthetic value. But he’s a high usage player who plays no defense. This is his best season, but the metrics will tell you that he’s about a average point guard in terms of impact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 10051

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:29 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
He plays in the East. Who are you kidding? Aside from like two teams, that conference is a joke.

Bucks, Raptors, Pacers, Sixers, Heat, and Celtics are all have non-zero chances to win the title. After that, it's awful though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 5211

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:35 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Lebron took a paycut in his prime to pair up with his fellow team USA teammates, and even recruited several other of his team USA teammates to join help him win a title. So, a past prime, like 40 year old Lebron, wouldn’t take a paycut to pair up with Giannis and Anthony in their prime?


But it only was a pay cut of 15m over 6 years (2.5m per).

https://www.espn.com/nba/news/story?id=5368003

If Giannis were to come here in 2021, Bron would have to take nearly half of his 41m player option to take Giannis’s 38m into space while still keeping Kuz, or Bron would have to take almost 10m less that year if we dump Kuz for future assets that don’t impact our books in 2021. Either way, the Miami paycut is a trivial amount to what Bron would have to give up at age 36 in possibly his last big pay day before the over-38 rule impacts any deal he signs after his current one expires.


Why are you talking about Kyle? He’s not even in the discussion. It’s Lebron, Anthony and Giannis. If Kyle wants to hang around, it’s on a merry minimum deal. He’s gone in 2021.


Okay, but a lot of things have to happen for that to be a possibility.

With no Kyle, THT, Caruso 2020 FRP (ie traded for future pick) and no 2021 FRP caphold (ie traded for future pick)...basically just no cap holds in general and it’s just Bron, AD, Giannis on the roster and that’s it:

AD 37.3m (2nd year of 30%max deal on a 115m cap signed in 2020)
Giannis 37.5m (30%max on a projected 125m cap)
Deng dead cap hit 5m
10 incomplete roster charge ~11m
= 34m in cap space

Bron would have to take about a 7m haircut from his 41m player option.

So you say let’s just have him make it up on a longer deal...but then you gotta consider the over-38 rule blocks that loophole.

If Bron opts out of his 41m in 2021, that means he is 36 and can only sign up to a 2yr deal from that point that doesn’t make it an over-38 contract.

So he can sign a 2yr 70m deal in 2021 while still making room for Giannis. At that point we could only round out the roster with the room exception (~5.4m) and vet mins.

Never say never...after all free agency has already shown us plenty of surprises. That being said, I still think the 2021 plan is unlikely. I would go the route of bringing in players that can help now and then facilitating a S&t for Giannis with this contracts, if he’s adamant in playing with Bron & AD.


Are you really expecting James to be physically competitive even as the third option in 2+ years? Or willing to accept that role?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4459, 4460, 4461 ... 4534, 4535, 4536  Next
Page 4460 of 4536
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB