OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4468, 4469, 4470 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:02 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakers are in win now mode, I don’t think they’re gonna let this roster go into the playoffs as is, they are likely waiting for players like Harkless and Reggie Jackson to get bought out.

Solid plan, waiting on guys to get bought out who won’t get bought out. Kind of like the Iggy and Collison plans. For the record, I don’t think that we have missed out on much.

Just because we didn’t get Iggy and Collison doesn’t mean it will be the same scenario with Harkless and Jackson.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Really a big fan of what Houston has done. Going all in on a style and finding some defensive work wings with more length.

Bruno 7'7"
Roco 7'2"
Thabo 7'2"
Green 7'1"
Harden 6'11"
Carroll 6'10"
Tucker 6'9"
Gordon 6'9"
WB. Ben. House. 6'8"

Green is only on a ten day though. Maybe they want to see if someone else shakes loose. I believe they had him playing C some at Washington.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
deal wrote:

we'll need to find a diamond in the rough soon...

This is why you don't sign veterans as your end of the bench players.

Lakers should have been filling the bench with high-upside players or younger veterans that could have trade value.

the notion that you can pick up promising players or young veterans for the minimum at the start of the season, and then see them have significant trade value that same season, seems like a pipe dream to me
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject:

So likely Waiters and waiting (pun intended) on Mo Harkless is my best guess.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:06 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
deal wrote:

Lakers should have been filling the bench with high-upside players or younger veterans that could have trade value.

the notion that you can pick up promising players or young veterans for the minimum at the start of the season, and then see them have significant trade value that same season, seems like a pipe dream to me

Alec Burks, Glen Robinson, Duncan Robinson, Kendrik Nunn, Torrey Craig, Royce O'Neal.

I also never said they'd need trade value this season. Fill the back of the bench with players you try and develop - they might not impact your team this year, but they can make a difference down the road.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
deal wrote:

Alec Burks, Glen Robinson, Duncan Robinson, Kendrik Nunn, Torrey Craig, Royce O'Neal.

I also never said they'd need trade value this season. Fill the back of the bench with players you try and develop - they might not impact your team this year, but they can make a difference down the road.

Something that is missed when looking strictly for “name” players.
Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:22 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Size on the wing is sorely needed.

Yeah and waiting on Harkless seems overly optimistic/foolish/desperate/naive/pick your adjective.
I know Carroll is no star but I wouldn't mind a physical wing to lean on the Clips talented trio and make them work, in fact, I wouldn't mind a few of those types.
I think Houston has been smart. They know they need to beat us and the Clips and they've assembled the bodies to give them that chance.
Multiple long/physical wings to make LBJ/Kawhi/PG/MM have to work extremely hard.

West Point '88
UCLA '92
75th Ranger Regiment '88-'04
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:26 pm    Post subject:

When is the last day someone can be bought out and still qualify for the playoffs?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Lakers are in win now mode, I don’t think they’re gonna let this roster go into the playoffs as is, they are likely waiting for players like Harkless and Reggie Jackson to get bought out.

Solid plan, waiting on guys to get bought out who won’t get bought out. Kind of like the Iggy and Collison plans. For the record, I don’t think that we have missed out on much.

Just because we didn’t get Iggy and Collison doesn’t mean it will be the same scenario with Harkless and Jackson.

Harkless isn't getting bought out.. it was reported the day of the trade NY is keeping him. Jackson would be nice but where did any talk off this evens start? Far fetched. Both would be perfect but I can't see either happening.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Shocked that the Clippers were never in play for Carroll, seems like there after every player

They are only after players that the Lakers are interested in.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject:

PASTOR RILEY wrote:
When is the last day someone can be bought out and still qualify for the playoffs?

Must be waived/bought out by March 1st. From that point we can only use our Boog 1.75m dpe till it expires on March 10th. Still, we can sign any free agent that hasn’t been rostered on a NBA team this year or was waived by March 1st up till the last day of the season using the vet min.
Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:47 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:

Must be waived/bought out by March 1st. From that point we can only use our Boog 1.75m dpe till it expires on March 10th. Still, we can sign any free agent that hasn’t been rostered on a NBA team this year or was waived by March 1st up till the last day of the season using the vet min.

Does that mean a non NBA player (like Lance for example), could be on the playoff roster as long as they are signed by the end of the regular season?

West Point '88
UCLA '92
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Robster8989 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:

Does that mean a non NBA player (like Lance for example), could be on the playoff roster as long as they are signed by the end of the regular season?

It’s my understanding that he can and there’s actually language in a player’s international contract where he’s allowed to breach the contract to go join a NBA team. I’m not sure if Lance’s current contract carries that type of clause tho.

Also the Chinese league has been postponed due to the Coronavirus outbreak, so I’m not sure if that has any impact on his current deal either.

Also FYI, JGreen signed a 10 dayer and would still be eligible to get picked up on a playoff roster if Htown decides not to retain him.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Rob out here deep in his bag keeping the 2021 plan alive haha

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8pBf5QH_oz/?hl=en
(Peep the 2nd pic)
Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:09 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

(Peep the 2nd pic)

He's within 50 feet of Giannis.
I feel a tampering charge coming.

West Point '88
UCLA '92
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Shocked that the Clippers were never in play for Carroll, seems like there after every player

They are only after players that the Lakers are interested in.

Seems like it.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:08 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Harkless isn't getting bought out.. it was reported the day of the trade NY is keeping him. Jackson would be nice but where did any talk off this evens start? Far fetched. Both would be perfect but I can't see either happening.

Bobby Marks said he would be bought out before the end of February last week. We’ll see.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Bobby Marks said he would be bought out before the end of February last week. We’ll see.

I'd love to be wrong on both. Who did Bobby Marks say would get bought out?

Bc quite frankly, that dude is clueless.. he just knows how to play with the trade screen and not even do it well.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
deal wrote:

That doesn't make sense to me. We've got LeBron at the end of his career, and a bunch of veterans, who are going for a ring right now. I don't see how you do that and also develop a bunch of young guys.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

(Peep the 2nd pic)

Dang! That's like where's Waldo.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:39 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Still don't think Harkless will get bought out

To me it's sounding like Waiters IF he gets the green like from Bron and AD, or no changes
#18 next...
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:49 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Still don't think Harkless will get bought out

To me it's sounding like Waiters IF he gets the green like from Bron and AD, or no changes

I wonder if Rob is gonna stand pat until the deadline on the March 1st to see who else is gonna be waived.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Free agents (Collison, overseas guys) can be added until the last game of the year and be playoff eligible.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Did he just say what I thought he said?...rewind that back.

https://streamable.com/y1pjg

Haha the 2021Plan is alive
#Freakenstein
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Yes Greek Freak is coming to pal with little bro!

Question, who plays what position since Greek and AD essentially are both power forwards?

1978-2020
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4468, 4469, 4470 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4469 of 8560
Jump to: