OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4584, 4585, 4586 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Curly Neal, Harlem Globetrotters icon, has passed away
... RIP
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28958864/globetrotters-legend-fred-curly-neal-dies-77

RIP
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:10 am    Post subject:

Hope everyone is doing well.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Hope everyone is doing well.

same to you.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:41 am    Post subject:

I miss talking basketball with you guys, can’t wait until things get back to normal so we can talk some hoops.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:37 am    Post subject:

According to Windhorst, the Lakers are more likely of keeping Dwight Howard, to see what they can ‘squeeze’ out of him one more season, than having ‘a mystery’ with DeMarcus Cousins. – via TalkBasket

Just FYI...this is a good thing especially if Dwight keeps playing like he was prior to this virus.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
According to Windhorst, the Lakers are more likely of keeping Dwight Howard, to see what they can ‘squeeze’ out of him one more season, than having ‘a mystery’ with DeMarcus Cousins. – via TalkBasket

Just FYI...this is a good thing especially if Dwight keeps playing like he was prior to this virus.

What about McGee?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:

Man, seems like it's been forever talking about hoops. But I hope we're not burning precious MLE money on bigs when we really need better guard play.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Man, seems like it's been forever talking about hoops. But I hope we're not burning precious MLE money on bigs when we really need better guard play.

I don't think it'll take much to resign Dwight...I think he'll take $4-5 million to stay in LA...compete for a title..and the fact they believed in him and took a chance with him. Hoping we move Green and open up $15 million but that's going to be very difficult if not impossible.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:

I don't think it'll take much to resign Dwight...I think he'll take $4-5 million to stay in LA...compete for a title..and the fact they believed in him and took a chance with him. Hoping we move Green and open up $15 million but that's going to be very difficult if not impossible.

The FO loves Dwight. But more importantly, if Bron and Davis want him back, he’ll be back. Obviously he’d be a bargain at the Vet Min. That’s what I would hope for.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:

This reads like it's simply his opinion rather than anything based on what the Lakers are thinking. That said, I would rather have Howard than Cousins. If I Were the Lakers, I wouldn't give cousins anything more than a minimum contract with no expectation that he'll be able to work himself into being a rotation player
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:41 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:

That's going to eat up half of the tax payer MLE (if we are over the cap).

If not, that eats up our entire room exception. Dwight has been nice but I think we still need better guard play over him.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:

That's going to eat up half of the tax payer MLE (if we are over the cap).

If not, that eats up our entire room exception. Dwight has been nice but I think we still need better guard play over him.

That's why it would be nice to move Green, way too much $ for what he brings at this point in his career...There's a possibility that KCP opts out...trading Cook...Rondo will probably opt in....A lot of scenario's but I get you...I would prefer giving Dragic the whole MLE...maybe Dwight comes back for the minimum at $2.4 again....that would be a huge break for us.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:36 am    Post subject:

I think if we get to the playoffs, you'd see Dwight's minutes phased out more to have AD/Keef as our bigs anyways.

Dwight would be a nice regular season luxury but not sure he would get that much time in the playoffs.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think if we get to the playoffs, you'd see Dwight's minutes phased out more to have AD/Keef as our bigs anyways.

Dwight would be a nice regular season luxury but not sure he would get that much time in the playoffs.

Agreed...except if you run into Jokic, Gobert, Embid etc....AD can only play them for so long, foul trouble etc. I much prefer Dwight than McGee also against them since they can't back him down as easily as McGee.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Agreed...except if you run into Jokic, Gobert, Embid etc....AD can only play them for so long, foul trouble etc. I much prefer Dwight than McGee also against them since they can't back him down as easily as McGee.

Yeah, I sort of expected come the playoffs you would see teams going with Hack-a-Dwight. He’s shootings 49%. Overall, Dwight probably isn’t on the floor in the biggest of minutes.

IMO, LA’s priorities 1 and 1A in free agency are ball handling guard and stretch PF complement to Davis. NO was shredding when he had Mirotic. There is of course the wi g defender issue. But you can’t really get top shelf there through FA, so it will probably be a platoon solution.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject:

paying dwight anything more then guaranteed vet min will be a waste of money
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:03 am    Post subject:

I’m worried that AD is gonna consider leaving, the NBA season getting canceled gives him more of a revenue to explore his options had the season went on and we won the title then we would have had a better chance in keeping him. this situation has made the Lakers into big losers... hopefully Davis still has his heart set on the Lakers but this situation has made things bleak.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:53 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I’m worried that AD is gonna consider leaving, the NBA season getting canceled gives him more of a revenue to explore his options had the season went on and we won the title then we would have had a better chance in keeping him. this situation has made the Lakers into big losers... hopefully Davis still has his heart set on the Lakers but this situation has made things bleak.

I seriously doubt Davis is going anywhere. 1+1 with a players option.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yeah I have heard from a few people speculating that he’s gonna sign for a year and then sign the big extension the following summer but really who knows? This isn’t a good look for us.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yeah I have heard from a few people speculating that he’s gonna sign for a year and then sign the big extension the following summer but really who knows? This isn’t a good look for us.

What are you even talking about, bro?

AD isn't leaving. It was going to take the worst failure franchise in NBA history for him to leave. Remember the comment "only things the Lakers have to do is not f**k this up'?

Instead, we were the best in the west, we just beat the 3 best teams in the NBA before the shut down, he was an all starter, DOPY favorite, with a great coaching staff, a franchise that literals let him choose his players, and he's playing his close friend and top 3 all time player in LeBron. We were on our way to the chip. Why would he leave? Then you factor in the Kobe thing and I imagine he only wants to continue on Kobe's legacy and feel that Lakers nation love that was so apparent late January and into February.. still to this day.

Relax. He's here for the next 5 years. How he structures his contracts to get there, I don't know but he's going nowhere.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Leaves him a year short of the 35% max. Depending on what this messed up season does to the cap, an extension might be his best move.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:45 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

What are you even talking about, bro?

AD isn't leaving. It was going to take the worst failure franchise in NBA history for him to leave. Remember the comment "only things the Lakers have to do is not f**k this up'?

Instead, we were the best in the west, we just beat the 3 best teams in the NBA before the shut down, he was an all starter, DOPY favorite, with a great coaching staff, a franchise that literals let him choose his players, and he's playing his close friend and top 3 all time player in LeBron. We were on our way to the chip. Why would he leave? Then you factor in the Kobe thing and I imagine he only wants to continue on Kobe's legacy and feel that Lakers nation love that was so apparent late January and into February.. still to this day.

Relax. He's here for the next 5 years. How he structures his contracts to get there, I don't know but he's going nowhere.

Hope you are right
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Hes going nowhere, rather lets see who we get and let go from the supporting cast. I dont want another season of every possession that doesent run through James being G league level

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/03/30/rumor-nets-will-try-to-trade-young-talent-for-third-star/

I could see them trying to get Beal. I would not be shocked to see the clippers send PG to the Nets for Levert/Dinwiddie+ if they fail to make the WCF.

Man I would love to get Dinwiddie in 2021 if we don’t get Greekfreak.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Leaves him a year short of the 35% max. Depending on what this messed up season does to the cap, an extension might be his best move.

I've been avoiding even thinking about that. There are some teams that are going to get hammered. I hope we aren't one of them.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4584, 4585, 4586 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4585 of 8560
Jump to: