OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4612, 4613, 4614, 4615  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Posts: 16343

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Noticed I said most accomplished. LeBron was what? 33? When we signed him.
_________________
"He's a Zen master, so he can speak to you, and he doesn't need a microphone; you can hear him in your head, 'Ron, don't shoot, don't shoot.' Whatever, pow, three. I love the Zen, though."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BILBJH
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 23 Jul 2020
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:11 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Noticed I said most accomplished. LeBron was what? 33? When we signed him.


Sorry, I misunderstood.

I thought you meant they were good targets.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 137374
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:00 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
LG Cap experts. What would a Kuzma extension look like? 4 years 48m, like what Clarkson got? So we’ll have him for the next 5 years. I guess it works because Danny Green will be off the books after next season.


That would be an overpay, I think 3 years at $3-4 mil per would be fair.


So Kuz should be making Quinn Cook money?


Do you think that Cook would get that much this offseason? You can’t ignore the giant loss of revenue for the league and the projection that it will continue next season. Teams are losing revenue but still want to pay Kuzma $12 mil a year? Does that really make any sense?
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 137374
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:03 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:


I’m on the fence about moving Green. He is a savvy veteran with a ton of playoff experience. He’s just not living up to his 3&D calling card.


i am in the same boat. He will be making 15.3m and could net a guy making 20m

dont know who that guy is tough.


Can’t expect to get a Impact player without including a guy like Kuzma in the trade, no one is gonna value Green enough to give up a contributor.


not green alone. Green + Bradley + THT + 2020 1st rd pick


Yeah that package could definitely net something


We’re not trading DG. & doubtful on Kuz unless we can get a LaVine type.

In a trade we will be able to offer

THT
2020 1st
Exp K (Bradley,Cook, Rondo)

That’s about 14M in salary. Would be able to take back up to 19M.

Possible targets

DeRozan (if he opts out/bad fit)
Ibaka (S&T)
Gallon(S&T)
Randle (bad fit)
Nance
Danwiddie
DRose
Malik Monk
Taurean Prince

LaVine/B.Hield would require Kuz+


That only works if someone wants our rejects.
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 137374
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:06 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
What would they be planning to do with cap flexibility the next summer? They are going to have $40m available when James retires.


For all we know, Lebron will be a Laker for 5 more years. I don't think the Lakers have "a plan" for the cap flexibility. I think their idea is more along the lines, "Let's give ourselves flexibility and react to the situation and opportunities at the time."

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Even the above trade suggestion of moving Green, Bradley, THT, 2020 1st for who? Which $30m player are they trading for?


People are just throwing out random ideas of packages we could put together that they think would interest other teams. I don't get the sense the people putting together the package ideas have any specific target in mind. It's just a way of passing time.

There’s no secret the lakers are targeting Giannis

Potential trade targets are listed above. Don’t see many stars on the move in our price range


Which is why we will probably have mostly the same roster next season that we have now.
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Posts: 16343

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:48 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:


I’m on the fence about moving Green. He is a savvy veteran with a ton of playoff experience. He’s just not living up to his 3&D calling card.


i am in the same boat. He will be making 15.3m and could net a guy making 20m

dont know who that guy is tough.


Can’t expect to get a Impact player without including a guy like Kuzma in the trade, no one is gonna value Green enough to give up a contributor.


not green alone. Green + Bradley + THT + 2020 1st rd pick


Yeah that package could definitely net something


We’re not trading DG. & doubtful on Kuz unless we can get a LaVine type.

In a trade we will be able to offer

THT
2020 1st
Exp K (Bradley,Cook, Rondo)

That’s about 14M in salary. Would be able to take back up to 19M.

Possible targets

DeRozan (if he opts out/bad fit)
Ibaka (S&T)
Gallo(S&T)
Randle (bad fit)
Nance
Danwiddie
DRose
Malik Monk
Taurean Prince

LaVine/B.Hield would require Kuz+


That only works if someone wants our rejects.

Our rejects are exp k. Cook is an unguratneed contract. In theory could include cash to cover Bradley/Rondo salary.

It's basically THT+1st. I think OKC would bite on that for Gallo if he's leaving in a sign and trade same with Ibaka.

D.Rose and Danwiddie are also possible targets but I like Dragic and Clarkson on the FA market without having to give up any assets.
_________________
"He's a Zen master, so he can speak to you, and he doesn't need a microphone; you can hear him in your head, 'Ron, don't shoot, don't shoot.' Whatever, pow, three. I love the Zen, though."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 12454

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:


I’m on the fence about moving Green. He is a savvy veteran with a ton of playoff experience. He’s just not living up to his 3&D calling card.


i am in the same boat. He will be making 15.3m and could net a guy making 20m

dont know who that guy is tough.


Can’t expect to get a Impact player without including a guy like Kuzma in the trade, no one is gonna value Green enough to give up a contributor.


not green alone. Green + Bradley + THT + 2020 1st rd pick


Yeah that package could definitely net something


We’re not trading DG. & doubtful on Kuz unless we can get a LaVine type.

In a trade we will be able to offer

THT
2020 1st
Exp K (Bradley,Cook, Rondo)

That’s about 14M in salary. Would be able to take back up to 19M.

Possible targets

DeRozan (if he opts out/bad fit)
Ibaka (S&T)
Gallo(S&T)
Randle (bad fit)
Nance
Danwiddie
DRose
Malik Monk
Taurean Prince

LaVine/B.Hield would require Kuz+


That only works if someone wants our rejects.

Our rejects are exp k. Cook is an unguratneed contract. In theory could include cash to cover Bradley/Rondo salary.

It's basically THT+1st. I think OKC would bite on that for Gallo if he's leaving in a sign and trade same with Ibaka.

D.Rose and Danwiddie are also possible targets but I like Dragic and Clarkson on the FA market without having to give up any assets.


if the goal is to not troll on every post you can easily see all the other guys are expiring and nobody is trading them for anything but expiring contracts


Last edited by Jesusdelonla on Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 4542

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully, Kuz plays well for the remainder of the season and helps us win the chip. I could see him making some memorable Robert Horrt type shots. His trade value could go way up. We package him with players such as DG and TNT , we could get a good return. Everbody would win. We could end up with a bonified third star, while some other team would feel fortunate to have Kuz as their starting 4 and as a result would be more than willing to pay him big bucks. Kuz gets the starting gig and gets paid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 30531

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ralph_MasonJr/status/1289648987885035521
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 12454

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ralph_MasonJr/status/1289648987885035521


Ralph is IG of Twitter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 30531

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ralph_MasonJr/status/1289648987885035521


Ralph is IG of Twitter


Lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 4542

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ralph_MasonJr/status/1289648987885035521


Ralph is IG of Twitter
There is a path though. Green, KCP, Bradley, McGee, and Cook for CP3 should get it done, no?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 12454

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:15 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ralph_MasonJr/status/1289648987885035521


Ralph is IG of Twitter
There is a path though. Green, KCP, Bradley, McGee, and Cook for CP3 should get it done, no?


Why?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 4542

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ralph_MasonJr/status/1289648987885035521


Ralph is IG of Twitter
There is a path though. Green, KCP, Bradley, McGee, and Cook for CP3 should get it done, no?


Why?
good point, cp not the ideal fit, but lebron might want him. If he does want him, then it would be be good if we could get him without really giving up any assets l. Though, DG, KCP and McGee are starters and are valuable role players. Especially DG with the corner three point shooting. However, McGee could be replaced by DMC. KcP and Dg could be replaced by free agents.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 137374
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ralph_MasonJr/status/1289648987885035521


Ralph is IG of Twitter
There is a path though. Green, KCP, Bradley, McGee, and Cook for CP3 should get it done, no?


No, 5 for 1 trades don’t happen. Plus OKC is better with CP3.
_________________
“I loved playing music to his words” - John Densmore on Jim Morrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 29488

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:11 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ralph_MasonJr/status/1289648987885035521


Ralph is IG of Twitter
There is a path though. Green, KCP, Bradley, McGee, and Cook for CP3 should get it done, no?


Why would the Thunder do this?

They'd be worst next season (while having too many players with guaranteed contracts). They'd only get out of one season of Paul's salary. And they wouldn't get any pieces for the future.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 4542

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ralph_MasonJr/status/1289648987885035521


Ralph is IG of Twitter
There is a path though. Green, KCP, Bradley, McGee, and Cook for CP3 should get it done, no?


Why would the Thunder do this?

They'd be worst next season (while having too many players with guaranteed contracts). They'd only get out of one season of Paul's salary. And they wouldn't get any pieces for the future.

Here are the reasons I think the Thunder would consider it:

1. If CP3 is gets disgruntled enough.

2. Log jam at the one- SGA more of a big 1 than a skinny 2. They also have Shroeder, who is small.

3. Financial reasons- Getting out of the remaining 85 million or so of CP"s contract would be helpful. Plus, Its always easier to move multiple smaller contracts than one huge contract.

4. DG, McGee, KCP and Bradley are NBA starters and are useful players. They are expiring and OKC would get their bird rights if they want to keep them around.

I suppose the Lakers could add some sweetner, such as a second or two. Of Kuzma or THT get added to the conversation then we ask them for picks, such as #27. Probably wouldn't be necessary though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 29488

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:42 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Taking a look at future free agency & wow. 2022 will be the most accomplished free agency class ever

Kemba* 32
KD 33*
KYRIE 30*
Lavine 27
Jokic 27
Griffin 33
Curry 34
Harden 32*
Westbrook 33*
Butler 32*
Wall 31*

*= PO

LaVine in 2022 would be a lot more realistic target than Giannis in 2021


The interesting thing about this potential crop of free agents is most of the big names will be at an age when players often begin their decline.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 29488

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

There’s no secret the lakers are targeting Giannis


Until Giannis officially turns down the Bucks supermax offer, I take that with a grain of salt. Over the years, we've all heard talk of superstars that the Lakers were "targeting" who never came here or in some cases never became free agents.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 29488

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
activeverb wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ralph_MasonJr/status/1289648987885035521


Ralph is IG of Twitter
There is a path though. Green, KCP, Bradley, McGee, and Cook for CP3 should get it done, no?


Why would the Thunder do this?

They'd be worst next season (while having too many players with guaranteed contracts). They'd only get out of one season of Paul's salary. And they wouldn't get any pieces for the future.

Here are the reasons I think the Thunder would consider it:

1. If CP3 is gets disgruntled enough.

2. Log jam at the one- SGA more of a big 1 than a skinny 2. They also have Shroeder, who is small.

3. Financial reasons- Getting out of the remaining 85 million or so of CP"s contract would be helpful. Plus, Its always easier to move multiple smaller contracts than one huge contract.

4. DG, McGee, KCP and Bradley are NBA starters and are useful players. They are expiring and OKC would get their bird rights if they want to keep them around.

I suppose the Lakers could add some sweetner, such as a second or two. Of Kuzma or THT get added to the conversation then we ask them for picks, such as #27. Probably wouldn't be necessary though.


I predict we won't trade for Paul.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 5324

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject:

As much as I truly detest the idea of trading for Paul I have to admit I have a strange fascination with seeing how they would be able to "load manage" two 36 yr olds to 30mpg, pay them over $80M a year (with a re-signed Davis for another $35-38M) and still keep a competitive roster on the floor for an 82 game season and four playoff rounds.

Similar to a car crash, you hate yourself for looking but you can't look away.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 4542

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
scoobs wrote:
activeverb wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ralph_MasonJr/status/1289648987885035521


Ralph is IG of Twitter
There is a path though. Green, KCP, Bradley, McGee, and Cook for CP3 should get it done, no?


Why would the Thunder do this?

They'd be worst next season (while having too many players with guaranteed contracts). They'd only get out of one season of Paul's salary. And they wouldn't get any pieces for the future.

Here are the reasons I think the Thunder would consider it:

1. If CP3 is gets disgruntled enough.

2. Log jam at the one- SGA more of a big 1 than a skinny 2. They also have Shroeder, who is small.

3. Financial reasons- Getting out of the remaining 85 million or so of CP"s contract would be helpful. Plus, Its always easier to move multiple smaller contracts than one huge contract.

4. DG, McGee, KCP and Bradley are NBA starters and are useful players. They are expiring and OKC would get their bird rights if they want to keep them around.

I suppose the Lakers could add some sweetner, such as a second or two. Of Kuzma or THT get added to the conversation then we ask them for picks, such as #27. Probably wouldn't be necessary though.


I predict we won't trade for Paul.
i think you are correct.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 12644
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
LG Cap experts. What would a Kuzma extension look like? 4 years 48m, like what Clarkson got? So we’ll have him for the next 5 years. I guess it works because Danny Green will be off the books after next season.


That would be an overpay, I think 3 years at $3-4 mil per would be fair.


So Kuz should be making Quinn Cook money?



IMO, there is no way is Kuzma getting $3-4mm; he's a 6th man. IF not with the Lakers, he'll get 6th man market value somewhere.
_________________
Lakers !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 4542

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:31 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
LG Cap experts. What would a Kuzma extension look like? 4 years 48m, like what Clarkson got? So we’ll have him for the next 5 years. I guess it works because Danny Green will be off the books after next season.


That would be an overpay, I think 3 years at $3-4 mil per would be fair.


So Kuz should be making Quinn Cook money?



IMO, there is no way is Kuzma getting $3-4mm; he's a 6th man. IF not with the Lakers, he'll get 6th man market value somewhere.
4 years/48 million is fair for him. He's no slug. He's just stuck playing behind two top 5 NBA players who happen to be forwards. He has potential to be an 18 million ler year type of player, so 12 would be a good deal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 12454

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject:

who is going to pay Fred VanVleet lot of money?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4612, 4613, 4614, 4615  Next
Page 4613 of 4615
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB