OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD (List of 2020 Free Agents, p. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4844, 4845, 4846 ... 4864, 4865, 4866  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Jul 2017
Posts: 2104

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:53 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
I don't get the fascination with Gallinari. He's pretty much the same player as Kuz. Per 36, here were his stats 23PPG/6RPG/2APG (61 TS%; 40% 3pt), while Kuzma was 18PPG/6RPG/2APG (53 TS%; 32% 3PT). Keep in mind, however, that Kuz came off the bench and had to adjust to playing off AD/Lebron. Who is to say that Galli's number won't go down given the same role?

Their advanced stats on D are pretty much the same. However, Galli can't guard 3s - he is better on 4s, which is redundant to what this team already has (with Lebron, AD and Morris guarding 4s). Thus, Galli isn't that great of a fit on defense and would only give us a slightly better version of Kuz on offense.

Frankly, Galli isn't an actual good fit on this team because of where he would have to play defensively. Moreover, if Kuzma just shoots the 3 a little better, they are pretty much the exact same player. However, Kuzma doesn't cost the MLE. Kuzma could still get better in other ways too (while Gaillinari is who he is). I feel like this is just a case of the shiny new object, but not really an upgrade.

____________________________________________

I wonder with the market out there if Fred VanVleet is obtainable for the MLE. Probably not, I'm sure Toronto will give him a big deal.

I think its best to use to try to split the MLE on bring back Morris and then using the other half on Baynes or Tristan Thompson. We then bring back Howard (if we can) and maybe offer DeMarcus the BAE. Just need 3pt shooting from our big, i.e. why Cousins, Baynes and/or Thompson matter. Use Danny Green and our draft pick to try to get Derrick Rose. If not, maybe see if Augustin will come for the vet min. Would really like to pick up Jeff Green for the vet. min. and Wilson Chandler too, just so we have more D out there on the wing.


1 major difference between Kuzma and Gallo is pretty significant, Gallo brings it every night, check his stats from game to game this season if you want, Gallinari is consistent while Kuzma isn’t which is pretty huge especially when we need a consistent 3rd scorer.


Put Gallo on this Lakers team with Lebron and AD and I would suspect his stats would take a dive. See Chris Bosh and Kevin Love as examples.


Gallo has never been a 1st or 2nd option. He’s used to playing 3rd or 4th option and still consistent with his production. Key word is CONSISTENT which is far from Kuz.


Are you basing consistency just on stats and only on the offensive end? I haven't watched Gallo on a regular basis so I cannot comment on this aspect especially the defensive effort he exerts.

If Cousins signs does Gallo become the 4th option or 5th if KCP returns? I ask because Gallo does not create for himself and is dependent on having a good PG to get him his shot. Cousins can get his shot.

I believe the playoffs is a microcosm of his issues. Better game plans and defensive effort. Against Houston in 7 games 9-17, 5-12, 4-12, 3-10, 0-5, 9-17, 2-6.

Kuzma's inconsistency on offense is his 3pt shooting. For 2pt attempts he is +50% while Gallo has never broken the 50% mark. He has changed his form multiple times which might explain his inconsistency. If he stays hopefully next year he improves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Posts: 4702

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I don't get the fascination with Gallinari. He's pretty much the same player as Kuz. Per 36, here were his stats 23PPG/6RPG/2APG (61 TS%; 40% 3pt), while Kuzma was 18PPG/6RPG/2APG (53 TS%; 32% 3PT). Keep in mind, however, that Kuz came off the bench and had to adjust to playing off AD/Lebron. Who is to say that Galli's number won't go down given the same role?


There is HUGE gap between a 40% shooter from 3 and a 32% shooter from 3.

Keep in mind Kuzma had wide open looks and couldn’t knock them down. Gallo is a significantly better shooter and will get even better looks with Lebron and AD being the main focus of defenses.

Gallo’s offensive game is far mor advances than Kuzma’s. If a team wants to put a small on Gallo, he will take them to the mid post and shoot an easy face up midrange. If a team wants to put a small in Kuzma, they can get away with it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 27142

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:14 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
I don't get the fascination with Gallinari. He's pretty much the same player as Kuz. Per 36, here were his stats 23PPG/6RPG/2APG (61 TS%; 40% 3pt), while Kuzma was 18PPG/6RPG/2APG (53 TS%; 32% 3PT). Keep in mind, however, that Kuz came off the bench and had to adjust to playing off AD/Lebron. Who is to say that Galli's number won't go down given the same role?

Their advanced stats on D are pretty much the same. However, Galli can't guard 3s - he is better on 4s, which is redundant to what this team already has (with Lebron, AD and Morris guarding 4s). Thus, Galli isn't that great of a fit on defense and would only give us a slightly better version of Kuz on offense.

Frankly, Galli isn't an actual good fit on this team because of where he would have to play defensively. Moreover, if Kuzma just shoots the 3 a little better, they are pretty much the exact same player. However, Kuzma doesn't cost the MLE. Kuzma could still get better in other ways too (while Gaillinari is who he is). I feel like this is just a case of the shiny new object, but not really an upgrade.

____________________________________________

I wonder with the market out there if Fred VanVleet is obtainable for the MLE. Probably not, I'm sure Toronto will give him a big deal.

I think its best to use to try to split the MLE on bring back Morris and then using the other half on Baynes or Tristan Thompson. We then bring back Howard (if we can) and maybe offer DeMarcus the BAE. Just need 3pt shooting from our big, i.e. why Cousins, Baynes and/or Thompson matter. Use Danny Green and our draft pick to try to get Derrick Rose. If not, maybe see if Augustin will come for the vet min. Would really like to pick up Jeff Green for the vet. min. and Wilson Chandler too, just so we have more D out there on the wing.


1 major difference between Kuzma and Gallo is pretty significant, Gallo brings it every night, check his stats from game to game this season if you want, Gallinari is consistent while Kuzma isn’t which is pretty huge especially when we need a consistent 3rd scorer.


Put Gallo on this Lakers team with Lebron and AD and I would suspect his stats would take a dive. See Chris Bosh and Kevin Love as examples.


Even efficiency wise? I'm not on the Gallo bandwagon but 8% difference in TS% is astronomical. I filtered the results for players that played above 20 minutes a game and 244 players qualified. Gallo is 36th on that list at 61.2 while Kuzma sits at 190th out of 244. You look at the guys around Gallo and they're at least great on offense. The guys around Kuzma are all bums. 53.1% is downright horrible and even worse when you consider his calling card is allegedly getting buckets.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Jul 2017
Posts: 2104

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:33 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
I don't get the fascination with Gallinari. He's pretty much the same player as Kuz. Per 36, here were his stats 23PPG/6RPG/2APG (61 TS%; 40% 3pt), while Kuzma was 18PPG/6RPG/2APG (53 TS%; 32% 3PT). Keep in mind, however, that Kuz came off the bench and had to adjust to playing off AD/Lebron. Who is to say that Galli's number won't go down given the same role?

Their advanced stats on D are pretty much the same. However, Galli can't guard 3s - he is better on 4s, which is redundant to what this team already has (with Lebron, AD and Morris guarding 4s). Thus, Galli isn't that great of a fit on defense and would only give us a slightly better version of Kuz on offense.

Frankly, Galli isn't an actual good fit on this team because of where he would have to play defensively. Moreover, if Kuzma just shoots the 3 a little better, they are pretty much the exact same player. However, Kuzma doesn't cost the MLE. Kuzma could still get better in other ways too (while Gaillinari is who he is). I feel like this is just a case of the shiny new object, but not really an upgrade.

____________________________________________

I wonder with the market out there if Fred VanVleet is obtainable for the MLE. Probably not, I'm sure Toronto will give him a big deal.

I think its best to use to try to split the MLE on bring back Morris and then using the other half on Baynes or Tristan Thompson. We then bring back Howard (if we can) and maybe offer DeMarcus the BAE. Just need 3pt shooting from our big, i.e. why Cousins, Baynes and/or Thompson matter. Use Danny Green and our draft pick to try to get Derrick Rose. If not, maybe see if Augustin will come for the vet min. Would really like to pick up Jeff Green for the vet. min. and Wilson Chandler too, just so we have more D out there on the wing.


1 major difference between Kuzma and Gallo is pretty significant, Gallo brings it every night, check his stats from game to game this season if you want, Gallinari is consistent while Kuzma isn’t which is pretty huge especially when we need a consistent 3rd scorer.


Put Gallo on this Lakers team with Lebron and AD and I would suspect his stats would take a dive. See Chris Bosh and Kevin Love as examples.


Even efficiency wise? I'm not on the Gallo bandwagon but 8% difference in TS% is astronomical. I filtered the results for players that played above 20 minutes a game and 244 players qualified. Gallo is 36th on that list at 61.2 while Kuzma sits at 190th out of 244. You look at the guys around Gallo and they're at least great on offense. The guys around Kuzma are all bums. 53.1% is downright horrible and even worse when you consider his calling card is allegedly getting buckets.


I have seen the numbers and understand Gallo is the better offensive player by a good margin but I just don't see the fit with the Lakers. He is a one dimensional one position (same as Lebron and AD) player. Could he have guarded Harden. Butler and the other wings during these playoffs? I just would prefer a Harkless type player if it will cost the mle.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 27142

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:41 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
I don't get the fascination with Gallinari. He's pretty much the same player as Kuz. Per 36, here were his stats 23PPG/6RPG/2APG (61 TS%; 40% 3pt), while Kuzma was 18PPG/6RPG/2APG (53 TS%; 32% 3PT). Keep in mind, however, that Kuz came off the bench and had to adjust to playing off AD/Lebron. Who is to say that Galli's number won't go down given the same role?

Their advanced stats on D are pretty much the same. However, Galli can't guard 3s - he is better on 4s, which is redundant to what this team already has (with Lebron, AD and Morris guarding 4s). Thus, Galli isn't that great of a fit on defense and would only give us a slightly better version of Kuz on offense.

Frankly, Galli isn't an actual good fit on this team because of where he would have to play defensively. Moreover, if Kuzma just shoots the 3 a little better, they are pretty much the exact same player. However, Kuzma doesn't cost the MLE. Kuzma could still get better in other ways too (while Gaillinari is who he is). I feel like this is just a case of the shiny new object, but not really an upgrade.

____________________________________________

I wonder with the market out there if Fred VanVleet is obtainable for the MLE. Probably not, I'm sure Toronto will give him a big deal.

I think its best to use to try to split the MLE on bring back Morris and then using the other half on Baynes or Tristan Thompson. We then bring back Howard (if we can) and maybe offer DeMarcus the BAE. Just need 3pt shooting from our big, i.e. why Cousins, Baynes and/or Thompson matter. Use Danny Green and our draft pick to try to get Derrick Rose. If not, maybe see if Augustin will come for the vet min. Would really like to pick up Jeff Green for the vet. min. and Wilson Chandler too, just so we have more D out there on the wing.


1 major difference between Kuzma and Gallo is pretty significant, Gallo brings it every night, check his stats from game to game this season if you want, Gallinari is consistent while Kuzma isn’t which is pretty huge especially when we need a consistent 3rd scorer.


Put Gallo on this Lakers team with Lebron and AD and I would suspect his stats would take a dive. See Chris Bosh and Kevin Love as examples.


Even efficiency wise? I'm not on the Gallo bandwagon but 8% difference in TS% is astronomical. I filtered the results for players that played above 20 minutes a game and 244 players qualified. Gallo is 36th on that list at 61.2 while Kuzma sits at 190th out of 244. You look at the guys around Gallo and they're at least great on offense. The guys around Kuzma are all bums. 53.1% is downright horrible and even worse when you consider his calling card is allegedly getting buckets.


I have seen the numbers and understand Gallo is the better offensive player by a good margin but I just don't see the fit with the Lakers. He is a one dimensional one position (same as Lebron and AD) player. Could he have guarded Harden. Butler and the other wings during these playoffs? I just would prefer a Harkless type player if it will cost the mle.


As I said, I'm not really on the Gallo bandwagon. I was just responding to the idea that Kuz and Gallo are really similar players. I'll concede that Kuz' defense is where we need it more (by a lot) but Gallo's offense is on a whole different tier. I'll grant Kuz was injured most of this year and he looked WAY better than a 53% TS player once he had the 4 months off before the bubble. If that's the Kuz we get, a solid 10-15 efficient points a game to go along with great defense, he's a keeper (at the right $ of course).
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 5504

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:49 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers returned with the exact same roster, except the following:

1. Added Jeremi Grant
2. Added a penetrating PG who can also play some D (they can backup, start, doesnt matter)


They'd repeat. During the regular season we often griped about the lack of a good playing PG (yep, Rondo struggled during regular season) for the second unit, so that would help a ton.

Grant would assist in providing a versatile swing-man who can hit a 3 but can defender bigger guards (eg JB) or even bigger guys like KL or PG13, and avoid LBJ or AD having to take the task, and avoid our good, but smaller defenders being backed down. He could probably do ok vs some of the smaller guards too.

I just dont see the team needing many tweaks, but I did feel the Point Guard issue for both ends of the court and the lack of versatile forwards to guard the other team was a bit of an issue.

I know we will not have everyone return, but assuming we had the main guys return (not including JR Smith, etc), and say Grant and a decent PG (on both ends), this squad would be terrific. Size, length, athleticism, and depth where they need it, and versatility.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakerwayne
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 14 Sep 2020
Posts: 17

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:04 am    Post subject:

Cp3 Matthews bron davis b lopez
Rondo Caruso Kuzma Morris r lopez
Tht Dudley


How good would that team be?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Oct 2017
Posts: 689

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:34 am    Post subject:

Joe Ingles would check a lot of boxes on our team needs. Wing defender, playmaker, 40% 3pt shooter, way-off P stopper. Only issue is that his current contract which pays him 10M this year would run through 2022 when it would bump up to 14M(2021-2022) and would interfere with the Giannis plan.

Of course, it's uncertain if Utah would be willing to part with Ingles in the first place for Kuz + other pieces. But if they are, Kuz has the Utah connection and is already buddies with Mitchell. If they lose Clarkson, Kuz could potentially fill that role for them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
aiel
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 May 2001
Posts: 1040

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:34 am    Post subject:

No to Gallo.

He is really good at punishing switches, can score at all three levels, and is good at getting to the line. But his defense is bad, just re-watch the playoff series against the rockets. The Lakers kept talking about how as a team they play connected by rotating and covering for each other, Gallo doesn't do that, most times he looks disinterested in playing defense. He is slow-footed and is easily beaten off the dribble by whomever he is guarding. He is like a 6' 10" Lou Williams, a wonderful offensive player but will be hunted in the playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 5095

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:23 am    Post subject:

I hate the IF game (IF we can get player X, we repeat). IF my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle. We are not getting Grant. We are not getting Beal. We are not getting Ibaka. There are many more of these unrealistic scenarios floating around. We have champagne taste and beer pockets. I would be stoked with Harkness and Mathews (and even they are long shots). They clearly fit the defensive ethos that has been built.

Last edited by RI Laker on Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 2452
Location: Seoul, Korea

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:34 am    Post subject:

[url=https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-bradley-beal-to-the-lakers-wizard-stars-wife-reacts-to-suggestion-of-beal-joining-lebron-james-and-co-in-la/][/url]

Beal's wife
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerboy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Dec 2004
Posts: 2484

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:57 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
If the Lakers returned with the exact same roster, except the following:

1. Added Jeremi Grant

2. Added a penetrating PG who can also play some D (they can backup, start, doesnt matter)


They'd repeat.



i agree.

i think it was pretty obvious through the playoffs that we are missing a wing defender. preferably one who is capeable of hitting the open shot on offense and make hustle plays without the ball (cuts, off reb. etc.)

green fits that perfect.

caruso, bradley and kcp play great defense but they simply lack height to guard wings like leonard, geroge or butler (as evident). and we should not have to put davis or lebron on those guys. at least not for the whole 48 minutes.

get green and we are set. unfortunately i dont think he will be available.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Theseus
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Posts: 7747

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject:

Even we act like the Lakers roster that won the championship isn't good enough to win the championship this year. Its crazy.

People need to watch their hyperbole around here, its annoying to read how we won't win unless we sign this guy, or trade for this guy. We already won with these guys, and we'd be adding Bradley, who is better than people give him credit for.

We don't need to blow up this team, we need to add complementary pieces. Getting them or not isn't going to wreck the roster. We still have the best tandem in the league.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 12992

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Even we act like the Lakers roster that won the championship isn't good enough to win the championship this year. Its crazy.

People need to watch their hyperbole around here, its annoying to read how we won't win unless we sign this guy, or trade for this guy. We already won with these guys, and we'd be adding Bradley, who is better than people give him credit for.

We don't need to blow up this team, we need to add complementary pieces. Getting them or not isn't going to wreck the roster. We still have the best tandem in the league.


What’s crazy is it felt like they still had another gear. It didn’t feel like Lebron or AD were at peak level. It’s wild to say, but they didn’t really play as many minutes as I thought they would need.

I thought we would need 43+ min every playoff game from Lebron and AD and that wasn’t the case.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 30048

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Even we act like the Lakers roster that won the championship isn't good enough to win the championship this year. Its crazy.

People need to watch their hyperbole around here, its annoying to read how we won't win unless we sign this guy, or trade for this guy. We already won with these guys, and we'd be adding Bradley, who is better than people give him credit for.

We don't need to blow up this team, we need to add complementary pieces. Getting them or not isn't going to wreck the roster. We still have the best tandem in the league.


To me, all that really matters on this team is Lebron and AD. I don't have a problem trading anyone else if it improved the team.

Plus, you can't assume all the current complementary players will be coming back. Dwight, Rondo, KCP, Bradley, and Morris are all question marks until they opt in or resign. One or any of them could elect to take offers to play elsewhere next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 1347

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Even we act like the Lakers roster that won the championship isn't good enough to win the championship this year. Its crazy.

People need to watch their hyperbole around here, its annoying to read how we won't win unless we sign this guy, or trade for this guy. We already won with these guys, and we'd be adding Bradley, who is better than people give him credit for.

We don't need to blow up this team, we need to add complementary pieces. Getting them or not isn't going to wreck the roster. We still have the best tandem in the league.


We’re just greedy is all. We are the champs and it’s kinda dead now so of course we have moved on to free agency.

The Warriors are looming and we do have a lot of uncertainty with our roster in terms of who we can keep and who we are gonna lose. Rondo and KCP opted out and we have no idea if we can keep them if they want big long term contracts.

Dwight has now rehabbed his image and may leave. We are still waiting on AB and McGee to decide their options.

I agree that as long as we have Lebron, AD, and Vogel we are gonna be alright regardless. Hopefully we will get pleasantly surprised with some ring chasers.

There are more free agents than cap space out there. We might get lucky. You never know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Mar 2017
Posts: 3143

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:02 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
I don't get the fascination with Gallinari. He's pretty much the same player as Kuz. Per 36, here were his stats 23PPG/6RPG/2APG (61 TS%; 40% 3pt), while Kuzma was 18PPG/6RPG/2APG (53 TS%; 32% 3PT). Keep in mind, however, that Kuz came off the bench and had to adjust to playing off AD/Lebron. Who is to say that Galli's number won't go down given the same role?


There is HUGE gap between a 40% shooter from 3 and a 32% shooter from 3.

Keep in mind Kuzma had wide open looks and couldn’t knock them down. Gallo is a significantly better shooter and will get even better looks with Lebron and AD being the main focus of defenses.

Gallo’s offensive game is far mor advances than Kuzma’s. If a team wants to put a small on Gallo, he will take them to the mid post and shoot an easy face up midrange. If a team wants to put a small in Kuzma, they can get away with it.


Gallo wide open 3 ball the past 2 playoff leave a lot to be desired of and so does his defensive ratings. His offense is not enough to compensate that. Kuz is the wildcard that we need.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MookieBetts50
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 22 Jul 2020
Posts: 381

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:04 am    Post subject:

DRose to LA rumors heating up, hope they don't ask for AC again but won't cost the farm as CP3 deal would.

Last edited by MookieBetts50 on Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 5472

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:08 am    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
DRose to LA rumors heating up again, hope they don't ask for AC again but won't cost the farm as CP3 deal would.


Kuz and #28 should get it done.
_________________
Showtime 2.0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Mar 2017
Posts: 3143

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Even we act like the Lakers roster that won the championship isn't good enough to win the championship this year. Its crazy.

People need to watch their hyperbole around here, its annoying to read how we won't win unless we sign this guy, or trade for this guy. We already won with these guys, and we'd be adding Bradley, who is better than people give him credit for.

We don't need to blow up this team, we need to add complementary pieces. Getting them or not isn't going to wreck the roster. We still have the best tandem in the league.


AD still have a lot of room to improve especially offensively. Any wrinkles that he can add to his arsenals would be a game changer for us. Passing off from double teams, post moves from the back post, and being comfortable with his off hand will make him more dominant offensively and he can still get stronger . Utilizing that MLE to sign someone like Gallo or Harkless will be an upgrade and make our rotation deeper for regular season. In the playoff, we lack that consistent shooter with Green and Kuz bricked a lot of their 3 balls.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Mar 2017
Posts: 3143

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
DRose to LA rumors heating up again, hope they don't ask for AC again but won't cost the farm as CP3 deal would.


Kuz and #28 should get it done.


PASS. Rose will not crack our rotation in the playoff. I’ll wait for the buyout market.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Dec 2019
Posts: 2115

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:11 am    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
DRose to LA rumors heating up again, hope they don't ask for AC again but won't cost the farm as CP3 deal would.
where?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Mar 2017
Posts: 3143

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:14 am    Post subject:

dfchang813 wrote:
Theseus wrote:
Even we act like the Lakers roster that won the championship isn't good enough to win the championship this year. Its crazy.

People need to watch their hyperbole around here, its annoying to read how we won't win unless we sign this guy, or trade for this guy. We already won with these guys, and we'd be adding Bradley, who is better than people give him credit for.

We don't need to blow up this team, we need to add complementary pieces. Getting them or not isn't going to wreck the roster. We still have the best tandem in the league.


We’re just greedy is all. We are the champs and it’s kinda dead now so of course we have moved on to free agency.

The Warriors are looming and we do have a lot of uncertainty with our roster in terms of who we can keep and who we are gonna lose. Rondo and KCP opted out and we have no idea if we can keep them if they want big long term contracts.

Dwight has now rehabbed his image and may leave. We are still waiting on AB and McGee to decide their options.

I agree that as long as we have Lebron, AD, and Vogel we are gonna be alright regardless. Hopefully we will get pleasantly surprised with some ring chasers.

There are more free agents than cap space out there. We might get lucky. You never know.


Warriors have 17 mil trade exception to shore up their bench and also the Minnesota 2021 pick. They gonna be aggressive this coming off season. They are also in win now mode too. They only have the tax money MLE but if they promised Dwight get the starting gig, it could be interesting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MookieBetts50
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 22 Jul 2020
Posts: 381

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject:

PASTOR RILEY wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
DRose to LA rumors heating up again, hope they don't ask for AC again but won't cost the farm as CP3 deal would.
where?


http://www.nbcsports.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Posts: 16626

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
dfchang813 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Maginka wrote:
With the loss in revenues due to ticket sales, we hopefully should see more small-market teams seeking buyouts and maybe trying to clear ca for 21 free agency, I think we should wait for a CP3 buyout next year and push to get Bogdanovic or Hield with the Kuz/Green/28


Yea I dont get people here wanting to gut a championship team for a 35yr old. They expect everyone to sign for vet minimum to fill in the rest of the roster.

They claim the pieces were losing are crap but for some reason has value to land you a star player?

Makes no sense.


The idea isn’t that our crap offer is worth CP3. It’s not. The idea is that OKC doesn’t have to pay him 85 million over two years and they get a young player like Kuz that may actually be good in a better situation and a first round pick while sending him to a place he wants to be as a thank you for being simply amazing for OKC this year.

But main motivation is getting rid if his salary.

As for other teams ... ummm why would they sacrifice assets for a 35 yr old washed up point guard due 85 million over 2 years who doesn’t want to be there? Based on your reasoning that this is a horrible trade for us why wouldn’t it be similarly horrible for other teams??

Chris Paul’s preference doesn’t dictate where he goes but it makes a difference. OKC wants to get future players and how they treat current ones is a big factor. It’s still early in the game and a lot has to happen for this to be pulled off but it isn’t outlandish.


Other teams don’t have to do a 6 to 1 trade. Teams like Bucks and 76ers have salary to shed and better draft picks to offer. They dont have to gut their team for CP3.


The 6 for 1 thing is overrated. Cook, McGee,AB can all agree to pre arranged buyouts. Basically making it a 3 for 1. (DG/1st & Rondo or Kuz)


You want those guys to opt in then trade them? They can all just opt out and sign with other contenders. Rondo will never agree to resign and get traded to a non contender. That trade also possibly cost us losing KCP, Dwight, and Kieff. Also read we lose our full MLE. You expect to offer vet minimum to everyone?

Rumor came from an executive from an eastern team. Sound like someone is trying to sabotage this team.

1. McGee/AB will likely opt in regardless IMO. Don't see them getting more in this market
2. With pre-arranged buyouts from OKC (off set by vet min. McGee-1.5M buyout/AB-2.3M), they would actually have the possibility of making more money while picking their next destination. Win Win
3. Rondo's market will likely be 4-5M. Would he turn down 8-10M to be included in a sign and trade?
4. Would still be able to keep KCP/Dwight.
_________________
"He's a Zen master, so he can speak to you, and he doesn't need a microphone; you can hear him in your head, 'Ron, don't shoot, don't shoot.' Whatever, pow, three. I love the Zen, though."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4844, 4845, 4846 ... 4864, 4865, 4866  Next
Page 4845 of 4866
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB