OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4890, 4891, 4892 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
What’s Otto Porter’s status in Chicago? Have they given up on him with his injury history? Could be a buy-low guy on an expiring deal.

Cross my fingers to get him. Talk about an ideal 3rd option when healthy.

Could a Danny Green/fillers(i.e. if Jav or Bradley opt in)/2020 1st get him?

He would essentially fill Danny's shoes anyways.

with injuries last 2 years and 28.5m on contract, i prefer to get an asset back and not give a 1st rounder for him.

But Porter is a much better player than Green. The cost would be a 1st and not including Kuz. Green/fillers match salary, 1st is to compensate Chicago for better talent. I wouldn't include Kuz.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject:

But yeah, Porter has missed a LOT of games. Not sure I would really go that direction in the first place.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
What’s Otto Porter’s status in Chicago? Have they given up on him with his injury history? Could be a buy-low guy on an expiring deal.

with injuries last 2 years and 28.5m on contract, i prefer to get an asset back and not give a 1st rounder for him.

But Porter is a much better player than Green. The cost would be a 1st and not including Kuz. Green/fillers match salary, 1st is to compensate Chicago for better talent. I wouldn't include Kuz.

I'll take keep the 1st (lower guaranteed contract) and let them have Kuzma, since basically Porter does what you want Kuzma to do.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
But yeah, Porter has missed a LOT of games. Not sure I would really go that direction in the first place.

Got Dr. Seto now. Hopefully there's good medical records.

Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LakersMD wrote:

I'll take keep the 1st (lower guaranteed contract) and let them have Kuzma, since basically Porter does what you want Kuzma to do.

thats overpaying Mike
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:59 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Not if Porter's healthy. You're getting a guy on the same tier or just a half tier lower in talent from Middleton in Otto.

Overpaying is keeping Kuzma and keeping him on the bench because of Porter, and then maybe extending Kuzma's contract because he's up next.

Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:06 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

Not if Porter's healthy. You're getting a guy on the same tier or just a half tier lower in talent from Middleton in Otto.

Overpaying is keeping Kuzma and keeping him on the bench because of Porter, and then maybe extending Kuzma's contract because he's up next.

or give Kuzma, D Green's minutes and see what he can do with them
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:07 am    Post subject:

I think I would rather have Kuz/Green/1st over Porter.

I can stomach Green/1st for Porter, but not both Kuz/Green.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Plus Green’s Championship experience can’t be underestimated. I’m sure he does so many things on and off the court that most fans don’t even see.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject:

Porter's game is great in theory but a big part of us winning the title was good health. As frustrating as Kuzma and Green were at times, both were important (more so DG) in our winning. Are they replaceable? Yes. But to move both guys for Otto who played only 14 games this past season and 56 in each of the last 2 seasons seems like a risk that could really backfire.

Plus, assuming AD is starting PF and we have a C, if you slide Otto into the SF spot and to guard SF's, LeBron is now forced to defend the quicker guards?

I don't love it but I do see the buy low approach that could benefit big time should things pan out.. I just don't like the risk associated with with.

Last edited by 2019 on Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Plus Green’s Championship experience can’t be underestimated. I’m sure he does so many things on and off the court that most fans don’t even see.

Yup...especially the game 5 wide open 3 that was a mile short and forced a game 6. Man is he underestimated.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Any reason why Caruso shouldn't be in consideration to be a starting guard next year?

He can’t be a PG so that eliminates half the guard positions
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Any reason why Caruso shouldn't be in consideration to be a starting guard next year?

We just won a championship starting Avery Bradley and KCP at PG.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

Kuzma has to improve quite a bit, but it's still duplicate talent. Porter and Green is the better shooting and defensive tandem.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

We have seen what Kuzma can do, it is average at best.
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject:

I'm nervous of putting all our eggs in the pay Rondo/Dwight basket as both players have already redeemed their story arcs and may have less to play for going forward. No offense, but Dwight was previously injury-prone and severely lacking focus. We got lucky with him on a flier minimum deal, but do we want to gamble on that high-risk bet paying off two (or three) years in a row? Same with Rondo. Dude was super valuable, but also has zero focus in the regular season. I'd love to have him on the bench coaching, but I don't love risking another chip on his resurgence continuing considering his career.

Has anyone considered the Hawks as a trading partner? The rumblings seem to suggest that they need to make the playoffs asap to explain away that awful deal where they passed on Luka (lol). Sounds like they're willing to trade future talent for win-now veterans. What about Kuzma for #6 or Huerter and a pick? I know this draft is weak, but picks still have value. We could package it for another veteran, combine it with our later pick and move up or just draft and add youth. And Kuzma would flourish on that Hawks team. A lineup with Hunter and Kuzma on the wing and Capela manning the middle would greatly improve their defense (hiding Trae) and also give Kuzma a greater chance to shine. They also likely would value his playoff experience, while still being young enough for that core. Thoughts?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

We just won a championship starting Avery Bradley and KCP at PG.

Ok
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:48 am    Post subject:

Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
I'm nervous of putting all our eggs in the pay Rondo/Dwight basket as both players have already redeemed their story arcs and may have less to play for going forward. No offense, but Dwight was previously injury-prone and severely lacking focus. We got lucky with him on a flier minimum deal, but do we want to gamble on that high-risk bet paying off two (or three) years in a row? Same with Rondo. Dude was super valuable, but also has zero focus in the regular season. I'd love to have him on the bench coaching, but I don't love risking another chip on his resurgence continuing considering his career.

Has anyone considered the Hawks as a trading partner? The rumblings seem to suggest that they need to make the playoffs asap to explain away that awful deal where they passed on Luka (lol). Sounds like they're willing to trade future talent for win-now veterans. What about Kuzma for #6 or Huerter and a pick? I know this draft is weak, but picks still have value. We could package it for another veteran, combine it with our later pick and move up or just draft and add youth. And Kuzma would flourish on that Hawks team. A lineup with Hunter and Kuzma on the wing and Capela manning the middle would greatly improve their defense (hiding Trae) and also give Kuzma a greater chance to shine. They also likely would value his playoff experience, while still being young enough for that core. Thoughts?

Huerter alone > Kuzma. I don't think ATL is so eager to take on that contract considering they have Reddish and Hunter, both better than Kuzma.

Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:53 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

We have seen what Kuzma can do, it is average at best.

u were busy playing monopoly with ur kids but he did above average in bubble.

and players improve but hey..
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:55 am    Post subject:

I'd think any player you swap for Kuzma would have the same difficulty adjusting to being a 3rd option off the bench. Conversely, Kuz would put up better numbers on lotto teams like the Hawks and Bulls. Not against trading Kuzma but being realistic these are mostly lateral moves. Those guys had bigger roles on worse teams and had mostly the same counting stats. 3% was better but if it doesn't amount to more points or better spacing it seems moot.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Huerter alone > Kuzma. I don't think ATL is so eager to take on that contract considering they have Reddish and Hunter, both better than Kuzma.

Yikes. Reddish and Hunter are not yet better than Kuz. In the future perhaps but not yet.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Neither is KCP/Avery. I would say Caruso has much better point guard skills than both, and when you have LBJ, it's not a requirement.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Neither is KCP/Avery. I would say Caruso has much better point guard skills than both, and when you have LBJ, it's not a requirement.

The team's point guard is Bron. I view the 10 man rotation Lakers as

Bron/Rondo
Avery/Caruso
Green/KCP
AD/Kuzma
Morris/Dwight

The only thing about Avery Bradley, I think he and Rondo do not have great chemistry and I rather start Avery and bring Caruso in for him, than vice-versa. Caruso and Rondo seemed to have good chemistry.

All we really need is 3rd string and "situational" depth. Such as a 3rd point guard that can come in when Rondo is off. Cook was not that guy. A stretch big, that has legit big size, ala Cousins, so when teams try to take Dwight out of the game by going small, we can counter with the same size advantage (And not force AD to play 5 in the RS). Then a wing defender. These are the situational role players we need to stockpile on, IMO. Re-signing the 10 man rotation and bringing in those guys is the way to go, IMO.

Whatever it costs in 1 year, so be it. You have AD and Bron, who arguably are the best duo in basketball history. I am not kidding. I've seen some great duos. Even Shaq and Kobe. But no duo does so many things on BOTH sides of the ball. Too bad Bron got AD this late in his career. Until Bron is a top 3-5 player, we will have a shot at a ring every playoffs AD is healthy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Yikes. Reddish and Hunter are not yet better than Kuz. In the future perhaps but not yet.

While they might not be “better” per say yet. There is zero chance the Hawks would give up either even straight up for Kuzma. And they surely are not attaching a pick with the player. I think it would be opposite. For us to get a Reddish from them, at the very least they would ask for our 28th and Kuz. Kuz value went down significantly unfortunately this season
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:48 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Even if I disagree with your opinion, why would Atlanta want Kuzma if Reddish and Hunter are projected to be better than Kuzma?

Also,

Look at Reddish's improvement by month:

Look at Pre and Post All Star.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/reddica01/splits/2020

Now look at Hunter Pre and Post AS.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/huntede01/splits/2020

If Kuzma got those numbers, he'd be starting.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/k/kuzmaky01/splits/2020

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4890, 4891, 4892 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4891 of 8560
Jump to: