OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4891, 4892, 4893 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
...I view the 10 man rotation Lakers as

Bron/Rondo
Avery/Caruso
Green/KCP
AD/Kuzma
Morris/Dwight

The only thing about Avery Bradley, I think he and Rondo do not have great chemistry and I rather start Avery and bring Caruso in for him, than vice-versa. Caruso and Rondo seemed to have good chemistry.

All we really need is 3rd string and "situational" depth. Such as a 3rd point guard that can come in when Rondo is off. Cook was not that guy. A stretch big, that has legit big size, ala Cousins, so when teams try to take

Agreed. The above is fantastic lineup that just won the championship fair and square.

Unless something comes nearly free (Cousins), or cheap (Mo Harkless??), Lakers should keep team intact, and concentrate to add defense depth. I am still having nightmares about Jimmy Buckets.

IMHO shoring up our ability to defend becomes ever more critical as James ages. This is one reason why I am not keen on CP3 at all. Old and fragile, we have enough of that in our team LOL.

Last edited by cannga11 on Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:04 am    Post subject:

Speaking of Chick’s Magic Johnson being concerned about Rondo and Howard not being as engaged next season that’s a good possibility and something Pelinka and the Organization has to see if these guys are gonna be as good as they were this season.. especially Howard.. I Trust Pelinka if he decides to bring both of them back but if not then CP3 would be a great Rondo replacement especially if complacency might be a concern with bringing guys back.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:05 am    Post subject:

So we all think we're getting Gallinari I guess? Only name that I consistently hear for the MLE.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:05 am    Post subject:

Per Stein: Some teams, I'm told, are preparing for NBA free agency to begin as early as Nov. 20 or Nov. 21 -- 48 to 72 hours after the Nov. 18 NBA Draft -- if the plan to start the 2020-21 season Dec. 22 goes ahead. Further clarity is expected by week's end ...

We need a regular season PG. With a quick turnaround, I want to see no part of Bron being our primary and (at times) ONLY point guard doing the regular season.

As he ages, he is going to look to win more titles and pass KAJ in scoring. Moving him off-ball more during the regular season accomplishes both those feats.

This is why not only does Cp3 need to be explored, but any other contingency in where a player can help Bron set the table instead of relying exclusively on Bron to being fed. Too many times this season, our offense turned to (bleep) the moment Bron went to the bench.

When it comes to total mins played, only Dame played more than Bron in one less game.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/usage/?sort=MIN&dir=-1

When it comes to usage, Bron was 7th among players that played a total of 2000+ minutes. And not only that, he’s one of 3 players to have that high a usage rate at 30+ y/o...the other 2 are Harden and Westbrook, who happen to be teammates that help each other burden the load.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/usage/?sort=USG_PCT&dir=-1

I know load management is the clipper way, but PG help along with bringing in a center are 1a/1b priorities if you care in prolonging our current 1-2 punch.

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject:

cannga11 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Bron/Rondo
Avery/Caruso
Green/KCP
AD/Kuzma
Morris/Dwight

The only thing about Avery Bradley, I think he and Rondo do not have great chemistry and I rather start Avery and bring Caruso in for him, than vice-versa. Caruso and Rondo seemed to have good chemistry.

All we really need is 3rd string and "situational" depth. Such as a 3rd point guard that can come in when Rondo is off. Cook was not that guy. A stretch big, that has legit big size, ala Cousins, so when teams try to take

Agreed. The above is fantastic lineup that just won the championship fair and square.

Unless something comes nearly free (Cousins), or cheap (Mo Harkless??), Lakers should keep team intact, and concentrate to add Defense depth.

IMHO shoring up our ability to defend becomes ever more critical as James ages. This is one reason why I am not keen on CP3 at all. Old and fragile, we have enough of that in our team LOL.

What makes the CP3 move more appealing is if we feel we are gonna lose our FAs. If we can't keep that 10 man rotation in tact, we're losing some chemistry anyway, and depth too, especially if Rondo walks.

Totally am fine with CP3 move being flirted with. You wanna have a plan A, B, C. CP3 should be in one of our plans. Personally it would not be my plan A (unless it was a buy out move). But totally would be in my plan B or C if Rondo walks, and other FAs of ours get huge pay days and walk.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject:

TT and Ibaka would be guys to look at if the Lakers don’t decide to bring Howard back and course CP3 with the possible Rondo departure.
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
So we all think we're getting Gallinari I guess? Only name that I consistently hear for the MLE.

To best of my knowledge, there are 25 millions spending money available for Lakers: if you spend 10 for Gallinari with MLE, that will leave only 15 millions for KCP, Rondo, and Dwight. Not enough.

If the goal is to keep those 3, and I think it should be, then Gallinari using up MLE is not a given.

The more critical question to me is: could we keep KCP, Rondo, Dwight AND Morris with whatever the amount of money we have available to us?? Adding Mo Harkless to that list would be amazing.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:56 am    Post subject:

cannga11 wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

To best of my knowledge, there are 25 millions spending money available for Lakers: if you spend 10 for Gallinari with MLE, that will leave only 15 millions for KCP, Rondo, and Dwight. Not enough.

If the goal is to keep those 3, and I think it should be, then Gallinari using up MLE is not a given.

The more critical question to me is: could we keep KCP, Rondo, Dwight AND Morris with whatever the amount of money we have available to us?? Adding Mo Harkless to that list would be amazing.

Yes we can if we move Green and the 1st with teams who has cap space like Atlanta , Charlotte New York etc. I think giving more minutes to Caruso , Kuz and THT is very important to their development. Doing that move can also have a chance to have the MLE and BAE if Jennie is willing to pay luxury tax. I like Green but we have to retain most of our core. The growth of Caruso and KCP makes him expendable.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject:

cannga11 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Bron/Rondo
Avery/Caruso
Green/KCP
AD/Kuzma
Morris/Dwight

Unless something comes nearly free (Cousins), or cheap (Mo Harkless??), Lakers should keep team intact, and concentrate to add defense depth. I am still having nightmares about Jimmy Buckets.

How does this team do the first month of the season without Bron, as Green speculates will happen if season starts on Christmas? Barely .500 if you ask me. Rob will get a PG that can create...i.e. Teague or DJ....In fact, that is more important than bringing back Morris, Cousins, or even Avery. Rondo cant do it for more than 20 minutes a game.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject:

if we can dristibute D Green's 15.6m between others and bring them back while keeping MLE will be a win

divide 15m of green into:
Rondo
Dwight
KCP
Kief
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
if we can dristibute D Green's 15.6m between others and bring them back while keeping MLE will be a win

Rondo
Dwight
KCP
Kief

You mean just trading D Green into cap space w/ pick? And KCP might eat up most of that 15 by himself while Rondo and Kief will want at least 5 mil each.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:29 am    Post subject:

Boston moving Hayward?

Quote:
“The buzz that I’m hearing is like the smoke, the smoke indicating that something is happening. I’m not sure what’s up, but I don’t think it’s a lock that Gordon Hayward is on the Celtics next year.”

- Zach Lowe

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:37 am    Post subject:

Hayward has a players option for $35M.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject:

I’m guessing Hayward heads to Indiana to be close to home with his family and the Celtics getting Myles Turner or Oladipo.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Rondo
Dwight
KCP
Kief

You mean just trading D Green into cap space w/ pick? And KCP might eat up most of that 15 by himself while Rondo and Kief will want at least 5 mil each.

Divide green + kcp =24m into
Kcp
Rondo
Kieff
Howard

I doubt kcp in this environment is getting 15
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject:

My thing here is the 2020 season was so insane and they are trying to make the season start again around Xmas, i say let FA start NOW so guys can get into facilities and start training. Remember, the majority of the league has been off for a LONG TIME. Hell some since March and a lot of these teams have pending FA’a. These guys if they don’t get into a team until around thanksgiving have not “technically” really played competitively since March in hardly any fashion (use Tristan from Cavs as example).

But that won’t happen and instead these guys that have been off for six months will be rushed into a team, locker rooms, new facility, training and medical staff and then be asked to play in 30 days. What could go wrong 🤦‍♂️
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject:

BLF2145 wrote:
My thing here is the 2020 season was so insane and they are trying to make the season start again around Xmas, i say let FA start NOW so guys can get into facilities and start training. Remember, the majority of the league has been off for a LONG TIME. Hell some since March and a lot of these teams have pending FA’a. These guys if they don’t get into a team until around thanksgiving have not “technically” really played competitively since March in hardly any fashion (use Tristan from Cavs as example).

But that won’t happen and instead these guys that have been off for six months will be rushed into a team, locker rooms, new facility, training and medical staff and then be asked to play in 30 days. What could go wrong 🤦‍♂️

Yeah, the timing of the start of the season is absurd, FA and Trade Moratorium hasn’t even started yet, If I was Adam Silver I would push the date to MLK day that way teams can have more time to see what they need and players can rest.
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:58 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I’m guessing Hayward heads to Indiana to be close to home with his family and the Celtics getting Myles Turner or Oladipo.

Thats a horrible trade IND gets destroyed lol
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Stein says schedule will look like this:

Quote:
Nov. 18 - Draft

Nov. 20 - Free Agency

Dec. 1 - Training Camp

Dec. 22 - NBA Season Begins

So basically 2 days after draft is free agency then 10 days later training camp begins for 3 weeks before start of the season, this is crazy.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:02 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Thats a horrible trade IND gets destroyed lol

I’m sure picks and sweetners will be involved.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

Rondo
Dwight
KCP
Kief

Divide green + kcp =24m into
Kcp
Rondo
Kieff
Howard

I doubt kcp in this environment is getting 15

Just wondering how they shed Danny Green's salary in this scenario. Would have to package him with the pick no?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Stein says schedule will look like this:

Quote:
Nov. 18 - Draft

Nov. 20 - Free Agency

Dec. 1 - Training Camp

Dec. 22 - NBA Season Begins

So basically 2 days after draft is free agency then 10 days later training camp begins for 3 weeks before start of the season, this is crazy.

IMO terrible idea to rush it so soon. I get it but it's a bad idea. Players who were in the bubble for 3-4 months aren't probably that excited to only spend 1.5 months at home before having to get right back to work. Let alone how their bodies would handle it. Fans, like myself, probably wouldn't mind a little break from the game either. Not even 2 months later were right back into basketball.. still with no fans. Meh.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject:

The league is going to have blood on their hands if there is a rash of player injuries. Especially to any Laker players.
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Would Miami do this trade? https://tradenba.com/trades/o8t2L3CT_

Lakers get Duncan/Kelly
Miami gets Kuzma/Green/

Sign Galanari
Sign KCP
Sign Rondo
Sign Dwight
Sign Morris

Avery/KCP/Rondo
Duncan/Caruso
LeBron/Galanari/THT
AD/Morris/Dudley
Dwight/Javale/DmC
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Hope Lebron and AD take a month off. **** the NBA and their rushed money grab.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4891, 4892, 4893 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4892 of 8560
Jump to: