OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject:

The team trading for a QO player loses his bird rights? Or he has a no trade clause?

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SmartBaller420 wrote:
I’d rather he Lakers beat KD and the Warriors every year during lebrons tenure. Adding Kawhi, KAT, or AD should get that accomplished.

Trading for KAT/AD means emptying out our young (and cheap) talent.

Adding KL (assuming health), I'm 100% down with.

But getting KD means you take away the Warriors 1A/1B player (and they have no way to replace him).

I don’t think it’s gonna take giving up the farm for Towns to make a trade happen, especially if he demands a trade, AD is a different story cause he might just leave once his contract is up and sign with whoever gives him the best chance to win.

I think Towns would be perfect for us, and it seems like the Organization liked him during the draft despite the fact that they knew they had no shot at getting him.

Not true. Minny has KAT's rights so he has 0 leverage.

He can threaten to accept the QO next summer. That would basically make him untradeable after this year's deadline.

As an aside, I hope he does take the QO whether he stays in Minnesota or not. Restricted free agency should be abolished, and it will require a labor strike to break its back.

I can’t think of a recent player who was a max player off a rookie deal that did that. He would be risking 100m+.

But would control his destiny and go where he wants. KAT is one of the few young, elite players who could legitimately pull it off and potentially break the system. Most other young guys don't have his talent, production, and accolades at such a young age.

There’s a reason why the top guys never do this. It’s too catastrophic of a risk.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
The team trading for a QO player loses his bird rights? Or he has a no trade clause?

Both!

From Larry Coon's CBA FAQ:
Quote:
There are two additional circumstances in which a trade requires the player's consent:

When the player is playing under a one-year contract (excluding any option year) and will have Larry Bird or Early Bird rights at the end of the season. This includes first round draft picks following their fourth (option) season, who accept their team's qualifying offer for their fifth season. When the player consents to such a trade, his Larry Bird/Early Bird rights are not traded with him, and instead becomes a Non-Bird free agent. The player's consent is also required for any subsequent trades that season.

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SmartBaller420 wrote:
I’d rather he Lakers beat KD and the Warriors every year during lebrons tenure. Adding Kawhi, KAT, or AD should get that accomplished.

Trading for KAT/AD means emptying out our young (and cheap) talent.

Adding KL (assuming health), I'm 100% down with.

But getting KD means you take away the Warriors 1A/1B player (and they have no way to replace him).

I don’t think it’s gonna take giving up the farm for Towns to make a trade happen, especially if he demands a trade, AD is a different story cause he might just leave once his contract is up and sign with whoever gives him the best chance to win.

I think Towns would be perfect for us, and it seems like the Organization liked him during the draft despite the fact that they knew they had no shot at getting him.

Not true. Minny has KAT's rights so he has 0 leverage.

He can threaten to accept the QO next summer. That would basically make him untradeable after this year's deadline.

As an aside, I hope he does take the QO whether he stays in Minnesota or not. Restricted free agency should be abolished, and it will require a labor strike to break its back.

I can’t think of a recent player who was a max player off a rookie deal that did that. He would be risking 100m+.

But would control his destiny and go where he wants. KAT is one of the few young, elite players who could legitimately pull it off and potentially break the system. Most other young guys don't have his talent, production, and accolades at such a young age.

There’s a reason why the top guys never do this. It’s too catastrophic of a risk.

"Catastrophic" is too hyperbolic.

But all that matters for KAT is that the Wolves believe he'll take the QO. That's his leverage. Let Glen Taylor call his bluff.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:

Both!

From Larry Coon's CBA FAQ:
Quote:
There are two additional circumstances in which a trade requires the player's consent:

When the player is playing under a one-year contract (excluding any option year) and will have Larry Bird or Early Bird rights at the end of the season. This includes first round draft picks following their fourth (option) season, who accept their team's qualifying offer for their fifth season. When the player consents to such a trade, his Larry Bird/Early Bird rights are not traded with him, and instead becomes a Non-Bird free agent. The player's consent is also required for any subsequent trades that season.

Thanks
hdtvset
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject:

How would Jimmy Butler fit with LBJ? If the Lakers trade for him, one or two of our young stars must go with the trade.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject:

do not think the owners would ever put RFA on the table without a major concession like a hard cap......NBAPA has shown time and time again they are not strong enough to win a long work stoppage.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Enjoying the KD rumors ... I think the Lakers want people to talk about Kawhi and Klay etc

KD is Plan A. Explains why they’re going to experiment with Kuz at the 5
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject:

The clippers have hired Lee Jenkins to a front office position

Yes...the sports illustrated writer.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
Enjoying the KD rumors ... I think the Lakers want people to talk about Kawhi and Klay etc

KD is Plan A. Explains why they’re going to experiment with Kuz at the 5

Waiting the first Woj or Chams tweet connecting KD to LA. Then we can start a KD thread
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

do not think the owners would ever put RFA on the table without a major concession like a hard cap......NBAPA has shown time and time again they are not strong enough to win a long work stoppage.

True, and older players who head up the NBAPA year in and year out typically go along with screwing younger players.

The league's labor history is a topic I want to dig into more deeply. I think killing RFA is something the younger guys should build towards for the next CBA, but it's very unlikely without elite player support.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/jimmybutler/status/1041874339270803456?s=21
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Phoenix trying to get Patrick Beverly

LINK
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
The clippers have hired Lee Jenkins to a front office position

Yes...the sports illustrated writer.

Great move by the Clippers, can’t deny the nice moves they have made to Improve there front-office in recent years, now all they need to do is move to Seattle.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Shams Charania
‏Verified account @ShamsCharania

Sources: The NBA has informed its teams of updated projected salary cap and tax level for 2019-20 ($109M, $132M) and 2020-21 ($118M, $143M).
5:21 PM - 17 Sep 2018

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1041844669246791681
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

He's hilarious.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

This is the 2nd team in a row he's had issues, particularly with young guys. Seems like a red flag. Reckless speculation, but I think Butler is a weird guy that teammates don't like.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Report: Karl-Anthony Towns won’t sign contract extension until Timberwolves handle Jimmy Butler situation

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/09/17/report-karl-anthony-towns-wont-sign-contract-extension-until-timberwolves-handle-jimmy-butler-situation/

So to start the proverbial ball rolling:

Would anyone give up any of our young talent for a KAT trade?

For me definitely would give up a Kuzma + Hart centred package, will have to think about an alternative package centred around Ingram.

But a center of KAT calibre doesn't exactly grow on trees.

Not sure what I would offer, but yes, I'd go after Towns.

You trade anyone on this team short of Lebron to get Towns. He's already a much better player than any of our young players and his ceiling is much higher.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

This is the 2nd team in a row he's had issues, particularly with young guys. Seems like a red flag. Reckless speculation, but I think Butler is a weird guy that teammates don't like.

This is a really good point.

But is it also true he's been on teams with lackadaisical/unprofessional players? Kobe rubbed a lot of guys the wrong way, too.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Report: Karl-Anthony Towns won’t sign contract extension until Timberwolves handle Jimmy Butler situation

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/09/17/report-karl-anthony-towns-wont-sign-contract-extension-until-timberwolves-handle-jimmy-butler-situation/

For me definitely would give up a Kuzma + Hart centred package, will have to think about an alternative package centred around Ingram.

You trade anyone on this team short of Lebron to get Towns. He's already a much better player than any of our young players and his ceiling is much higher.

What is the best trade package that you would offer for Towns?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

What is the best trade package that you would offer for Towns?

1 of Ingram/Kuzma + Hart + 1st
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
Shams Charania

Sources: The NBA has informed its teams of updated projected salary cap and tax level for 2019-20 ($109M, $132M) and 2020-21 ($118M, $143M).

Makes the Deng stretch even better, as $5M in 20-21 becomes even less of the cap.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
Shams Charania

Makes the Deng stretch even better, as $5M in 20-21 becomes even less of the cap.

Yes, the Lakers will hopefully have cap space in 2020-21. That is Magic's goal.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:20 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
In general, ESPN’s NBARank has been favorable to the Lakers. Let’s hope they’re right.

4 guys in the 50-100 range.
Any possibility of anyone else besides Lebron in the 1-50 range?

I remember this ESPN rankings in 2016, they had only one Laker in the Top-100, somewhere around #50-60. His name was Luol Deng.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:34 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
Shams Charania

Yes, the Lakers will hopefully have cap space in 2020-21. That is Magic's goal.

Well it is more room under the luxury tax. They would have been right up against the former number (137.5) it if they were to be paying Durant or Kawhi ~39 million in the 2nd year of their salaries. Now they're about 6 million under.

Of course that is not counting their 1st round pick in either of the next two years, nor the fact Ingram is extension eligible that year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 54 of 8560
Jump to: