OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5756, 5757, 5758 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:29 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Woj on SC says Rockets are very engaged in trade talks involving P.J. Tucker with several contenders.. he mentioned the Bucks and Lakers and others

Where would you envision Tuckers mpg?

Over Morris, Kuzma, or Harrell? Not seeing the fit.

I don't see it either.

We should either get a better big man or big wing defender. Tucker is neither and will be much more costly.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:34 am    Post subject:

Hard pass for PJ Tucker.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:54 am    Post subject:

I can't wait to see our whole team together once again. Various guys in AD's absence have stepped up (Dennis, Trez, Kuz). When he returns, the team will be better for it. It's tough now but I think it will pay off down the road.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:12 am    Post subject:

Shams is saying pistons are working to buy out ellington, could be a good pickup for us at the minimum. We could then trade wes for a bigger wing or another center.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:22 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
What's ironic is that as bad has Tucker's shooting has become... (and it has been bad) it's about the same as Schroder's who people here continue to praise like he's the second coming.

Sigh. Thanks Sentient.

I don't know why you keep calling me that, but some of you sound like John Ireland's burner account.

Schroder's a good player. Just would prefer someone better to pair with AD in the future. He shoots about the same as Tucker this season, I wish it were better but that is a fact. When we first signed him, I thought about his breakthrough season and I thought maybe it was a leap forward. But so far his numbers are still mediocre, pinned at his career average after seven and a half seasons. Maybe we'll sign him to a cheap, tradeable deal and then I won't complain so much, but I'm worried it will become another albatross. Time will tell.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:26 am    Post subject:

I am not as confident we are going to see a complete and healthy roster all season. The “resting to be healthy for the playoffs” mentality seems to be in the players heads as much as the fans.

The schedule only gets harder the second half. This team was struggling to get wins even when complete. They either lost or had to battle back too many times to inferior teams.

It will be interesting to see who they add or trade for over the next couple months. Will they energize the team?

JMO but I am starting to get a vibe from this team that they can just turn it on when they want to. Maybe they can? I’m feeling this team is going to be similar to the 94 Rockets championship. Never being full strength all season and ending up a low seed (6th, iirc) and finding their mojo in the playoffs.

We will see.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:35 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
What's ironic is that as bad has Tucker's shooting has become... (and it has been bad) it's about the same as Schroder's who people here continue to praise like he's the second coming.

Sigh. Thanks Sentient.

I don't know why you keep calling me that, but some of you sound like John Ireland's burner account.

Schroder's a good player. Just would prefer someone better to pair with AD in the future. He shoots about the same as Tucker this season, I wish it were better but that is a fact. When we first signed him, I thought about his breakthrough season and I thought maybe it was a leap forward. But so far his numbers are still mediocre, pinned at his career average after seven and a half seasons. Maybe we'll sign him to a cheap, tradeable deal and then I won't complain so much, but I'm worried it will become another albatross. Time will tell.

That you compare Tucker with Dennis says a lot. No one lauded Dennis for his 3 point shooting abilities but his ability to attack the rim and score from the wing.

How exactly are getting "someone better" to pair with AD? Are you going to use the tax payer MLE? Or maybe an all star will sign for the minimum? Just completely unrealistic. This is why Rob and LBJ have long sought Dennis. He's a good #3 option. Look at yesterday, he's the only guy on our team that can consistently get to the rim like that besides LBJ. It's tough to break through when you have LBJ/AD on your team. He is finding his role.

Last 13 games (since February):

17ppg/5apg/34% from 3, nearly 5 FTAs a game at 88%. I mean what more can you ask for as a 3rd piece alongside AD/LBJ?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:49 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

I'm worried about Schroder's contract. He has us in an awkward spot, and he and his agent are bound to know it. If he leaves as a free agent, our ability to replace him is limited. I haven't run the numbers, but we might have only the taxpayer MLE. This could give him a lot of leverage in contract negotiations. I'll be relieved if we manage to extend him at a reasonable salary. He's a decent PG, but he has regressed to the mean this year.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:02 am    Post subject:

[quote="Aeneas Hunter"]
BILBJH wrote:

I'm worried about Schroder's contract. He has us in an awkward spot, and he and his agent are bound to know it. If he leaves as a free agent, our ability to replace him is limited. I haven't run the numbers, but we might have only the taxpayer MLE. This could give him a lot of leverage in contract negotiations. I'll be relieved if we manage to extend him at a reasonable sala

Yup. It's in Dennis's court.

We would likely have to replace him AND Trez all with a measly taxpayer MLE of something closer to 4-5m. That's why Dennis will be re-signed. If he continues putting up 17/5 on closer to 35% shooting from 3, I'm more than happy to extend him. If you don't, this team really plummets in terms of depth. We have to then re-sign Dennis, AC, THT (and if Trezz bounces his replacement). Yikes.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:02 am    Post subject:

Schroder will get paid. Likely more then most like because he does have the leverage. As stated, Lakers can’t reasonably replace him.

Lakers are in the midst of a championship window that is closing. How quickly is the only question. Lakers can’t and should not be looking for cost cutting contracts now. Pay the man, pay the luxury tax and get another year or two out of this run.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject:

Dennis is 27. Entering his prime.

This is nowhere near Moz/Deng. Dennis will be a good signing IMO if he gets in the 16-18m/year range.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:20 am    Post subject:

OMG, the people here complaining about Schroder are the same people that likely still want Lonzo Ball back. LOL.

Schroder is solid and I hope they sign him the longest term, best contract they can. No complaints from me.

Instead, folks should focus on the sucky players we have like Matthews, KCP, etc.....

Schroder is the future with AD after Lebron retires.....
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:28 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Report: The Boston Celtics have shown trade interest in Jerami Grant, via @ShamsCharania

Pistons might be dumb enough to get fleeced by Ainge.

Hopefully they don’t and say Jerami Grant is their Bradley Beal.

I would play Ainge’s game. Make a ridiculous proposal of Tatum, Brown and picks.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject:

For those who don't want Dennis back, please show me a roadmap to:

1. replace him (likely via minimum or at best, taxpayer MLE of 4.5-5m).
2. replace Trezz if he leaves (likely via minimum).

We suddenly become a very depleted team with no way to restock.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:44 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
THT for Malik Monk would you do it to help our lack of shooting?

Depends on Malik's drug usage.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
OMG, the people here complaining about Schroder are the same people that likely still want Lonzo Ball back. LOL.

Schroder is solid and I hope they sign him the longest term, best contract they can. No complaints from me.

Instead, folks should focus on the sucky players we have like Matthews, KCP, etc.....

You're making up people to get mad at on the internet.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:47 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
For those who don't want Dennis back, please show me a roadmap to:

1. replace him (likely via minimum or at best, taxpayer MLE of 4.5-5m).
2. replace Trezz if he leaves (likely via minimum).

We suddenly become a very depleted team with no way to restock.

I’m 100% in on Schroder. Can’t lose him.

I’m iffy on Trezz. A great scorer and energy guy, but defensively he just may be below average there for his entire career. I think the Clippers saw it and wanted to flip him for a PG. Pelinka did great to use his Klutch line and prevent that, but maybe both sides talk about a possible trade.

Imo both accomplish what they want. Trezz showed out offensively with the Lakers, even winning them a couple of games. Lakers get something they need more. Win, win.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
I am not as confident we are going to see a complete and healthy roster all season. The “resting to be healthy for the playoffs” mentality seems to be in the players heads as much as the fans.

The schedule only gets harder the second half. This team was struggling to get wins even when complete. They either lost or had to battle back too many times to inferior teams.

It will be interesting to see who they add or trade for over the next couple months. Will they energize the team?

JMO but I am starting to get a vibe from this team that they can just turn it on when they want to. Maybe they can? I’m feeling this team is going to be similar to the 94 Rockets championship. Never being full strength all season and ending up a low seed (6th, iirc) and finding their mojo in the playoffs.

We will see.

No, they weren't: https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2021_games.html
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:54 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

So true.

I worry about Schroder in the post season, defensively. But I don't want Lonzo back either.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:59 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

So true.

I worry about Schroder in the post season, defensively. But I don't want Lonzo back either.

I'm actually less concerned about him defensively than I was coming in. I didn't know he was able to play that kind of POA defense. But yeah, he may be hunted for switches, but that would be a problem for a lot of teams that employ a normal height-ish PG (6-6'2).
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject:

Shams

Quote:
The Rockets have a veteran player who has the intrigue of many of the league’s contenders: Forward PJ Tucker. The Nets, Bucks, Heat, Nuggets and Lakers are expressing interest in Tucker, sources said. Multiple teams have sensed a deal could develop sooner rather than later for Tucker, but the timing is likely dependent on the Rockets’ asking price. As of now, Houston has sought a young player back in a trade, sources said.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Shams

Quote:
The Rockets have a veteran player who has the intrigue of many of the league’s contenders: Forward PJ Tucker. The Nets, Bucks, Heat, Nuggets and Lakers are expressing interest in Tucker, sources said. Multiple teams have sensed a deal could develop sooner rather than later for Tucker, but the timing is likely dependent on the Rockets’ asking price. As of now, Houston has sought a young player back in a trade, sources said.

So that's why Pelinka's kept Kostas around!
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:41 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

That's a depressing thought.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:53 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Yeah, DS is the guy you roll into a deal for the next disgruntled star. Gotta bring him back on a reasonable, multi-year contract first, though.

It'd be funny if Pelinka used cap space to sign KCP and Danny Green and turned it into, say, Karl-Anthony Towns.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

How so?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5756, 5757, 5758 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5757 of 8560
Jump to: