OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5967, 5968, 5969 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Everytime they say Boucher's name I think of Adam Sadler in the Waterboy

He looks like a Bobby instead of a Chris too.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Very deep team. It's still a little annoying we are wasting a roster spot/resources on Kostas. Would much rather have a guy like Justin Patton taking that spot who offers some upside for next season.

Drummond/Gasol/Cacok
AD/Trezz/Morris/Kostas
LeBron/Kuz/McKinnie
KCP/THT/Matthews/McLemore
Schroder/Caruso

A 3rd PG seems to be the clear missing spot but we have went this long without one, clearly not a priority. Waive Dudley and get another wing on the team (RHJ, GR3 etc)

I think THT is that kind of third option playmaker. He seemed to do that really well today because his pentration got people open on the perimeter and set up shots for guys.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject:

carjoch831 wrote:
Not a fan of the Ben signing. Doesn't play D and we are already crowded at the guard spot.

Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:34 pm    Post subject:

M2K wrote:
carjoch831 wrote:
Not a fan of the Ben signing. Doesn't play D and we are already crowded at the guard spot.
he’s swing man size. No one in this team is that. Heck Kuz and Bron aren’t that, they just can keep up with them
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:39 pm    Post subject:

He's pretty much taking the Quinn Cook end of the bench spot on the roster. Not a bad idea to add a solid shooter that's in his prime still while having another possible roster spot ready to go if anything better presents itself at the last minute.

Plus as we seen in the highlights posted he is a hell of a passer within 3 feet
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Lakers now 4-5 without LBJ/AD.

Not bad
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:14 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Not bad

Surprising, feel much worse than that
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Not bad

We are basically the Celtics when they’re at full strength.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:50 am    Post subject:

Skip is on TV hyping up the Clippers signing Boogie!!!!!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:57 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
governator wrote:
danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Not bad

We are basically the Celtics when they’re at full strength.

Do we even want home court. Our guys seem to play better on the road
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:22 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:

I’m sure Shannon keep him in check! But I’m not hating on Clips’ moves, Rondo/Cousins are ok. As far as buyout, there’s only two starters, AD2 and LMA, maybe Blake if he regains enough athleticism, that’s it.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:26 am    Post subject:

We have ~ 100 Million on the bench right now and we're 4-5.

32.7 Million - Anthony Davis
39.2 Million - Lebron James
28.7 Million - Andre Drummond

Not sure another team in the league could finish 4-5 with that kind of talent on the bench. I would not be sleeping or bearish on the Lakers in the slightest.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

I’m sure Shannon keep him in check! But I’m not hating on Clips’ moves, Rondo/Cousins are ok. As far as buyout, there’s only two starters, AD2 and LMA, maybe Blake if he regains enough athleticism, that’s it.

Surprised people still tune in to listen to that a-hole. Skip is a piece of crap.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:

Not sure another team in the league could finish 4-5 with that kind of talent on the bench. I would not be sleeping or bearish on the Lakers in the slightest.

Reality check: Over that nine game span, we were beaten badly by every playoff team that we faced. The closest game was against the Sixers, who were missing Embiid. Several of the teams we beat are either tanking or appear to be getting an early start on their summer vacations. We certainly aren’t winning those games because our scrubs are playing great. Instead, we seem to be winning a few games just because our players haven’t checked out.

It’s great that we haven’t crashed in the standings. A couple weeks ago, we were worrying about slipping into the play-in tournament. But beyond that, I don’t see a lot of positives in this run.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:43 am    Post subject:

Skip doesn’t believe half the things he says...takes his huge paycheck and laughs...the only thing that affects him is his Cowboys.

Speaking of the Clippers, will Frank repeat as GM of the year with his “Let’s copy the Lakers” strategy?

Last edited by LakerSD on Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:48 am; edited 2 times in total
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:44 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ahaider wrote:

Reality check: Over that nine game span, we were beaten badly by every playoff team that we faced. The closest game was against the Sixers, who were missing Embiid. Several of the teams we beat are either tanking or appear to be getting an early start on their summer vacations. We certainly aren’t winning those games because our scrubs are playing great. Instead, we seem to be winning a few games just because our players haven’t checked out.

It’s great that we haven’t crashed in the standings. A couple weeks ago, we were worrying about slipping into the play-in tournament. But beyond that, I don’t see a lot of positives in this run.

Helps re-evaluating the offers for DS-Trez-THT-AC-Wes this off season
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
governator wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

Surprised people still tune in to listen to that a-hole. Skip is a piece of crap.

Yep. People who tune in for the loudmouths like Bayless and SAS have only themselves to blame. It’s weird to see SAS getting so much air time on ESPN. He never strikes me as someone who knows much about anything. Bayless strikes me as more knowledgeable, but he negates it by being a provacateur.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:49 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
governator wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

Yep. People who tune in for the loudmouths like Bayless and SAS have only themselves to blame. It’s weird to see SAS getting so much air time on ESPN. He never strikes me as someone who knows much about anything. Bayless strikes me as more knowledgeable, but he negates it by being a provacateur.

Who’d you rather watch (among the black-white bromance format):
SAS - Max
Skip - Shannon
Nick - Carter (or whoever it is now)
Pablo- Bomani

SAS-Max most entertaining (content not withstanding)
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
governator wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

Who’d you rather watch (among the black-white bromance format):
SAS - Max
Skip - Shannon
Nick - Carter (or whoever it is now)
Pablo- Bomani

SAS-Max most entertaining (content not withstanding)

Undisputed, to me, is by far the funniest.

Shannon cracks me up, but Skip annoys the ever-lovin' out of me.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Not bad

Yes this really isn't that bad. Felt like we were just losing left and right but take the top 2 guys off any of our competitors and it would be real ugly, have to be happy with the 4-5 thus far.

Honestly the fact we are even close to some of these other teams like DEN and LAC in the standings is crazy.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:02 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ahaider wrote:

Sixers - Missing Embiid
Bucks - Fully Healthy
Clippers - Missing Ibaka/Beverly
Suns - Fully Healthy
Pelicans - Fully Healthy

You're not supposed to beat those teams without superstars. None of those teams would beat us if we're fully healthy and their three best players were out.

Reality Check - The supporting pieces are gaining confidence and playing better without those guys. No other team in the league can lose ~100Million in salary players and get that record.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:06 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ahaider wrote:

We just went through 4 easy teams and 5 tough. Lost all 5 tough ones. We now enter the hardest 10 stretch of the year. 9 tough and 1 easy. Earlier the Knicks and Hornets could be called easy, no more. The Celts are playing poorly but are really better than them and get up for the Lakers.

4-5 wins in this stretch would be great with the big guns out. Just avoid 1-9 or 2-8.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:09 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ahaider wrote:

I'm sorry, but we're without 3 of our 5 starters. You could say the same about every other team missing their 3 best players.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
governator wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

He does it on purpose. He acts like a supporter just to troll

And he does it successfully, given Undisputed's ratings
#18 next...
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ahaider wrote:

Sixers - Missing Embiid
Bucks - Fully Healthy
Clippers - Missing Ibaka/Beverly
Suns - Fully Healthy
Pelicans - Fully Healthy

You're not supposed to beat those teams without superstars. None of those teams would beat us if we're fully healthy and their three best players were out.

Reality Check - The supporting pieces are gaining confidence and playing better without those guys. No other team in the league can lose ~100Million in salary players and get that record.

I'm not sure what the Pelicans have to do with this. The other four are playoff teams, and they beat us badly. Our supporting pieces are mostly playing like supporting pieces. If you think that they are "gaining confidence and playing better" without Lebron and Davis, I really don't know what to say to you. For the most part, they've been poor. At times, they've been downright embarrassing.

Oh, and let's drop this nonsense about $100M in salary. We signed Drummond on a vet min. If we were really paying $100M in salary to those three guys, we wouldn't have most of the supporting pieces on the roster. The Clippers and Nets have won games while missing two of their stars. It's really not that big of a deal when you're playing teams that are tanking or just checked out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5967, 5968, 5969 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5968 of 8560
Jump to: