OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD (12/03/20 Updated List of Remaining 2020 Free Agents, p. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5968, 5969, 5970 ... 5977, 5978, 5979  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 24518

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ahaider wrote:
We have ~ 100 Million on the bench right now and we're 4-5.

32.7 Million - Anthony Davis
39.2 Million - Lebron James
28.7 Million - Andre Drummond

Not sure another team in the league could finish 4-5 with that kind of talent on the bench. I would not be sleeping or bearish on the Lakers in the slightest.


Reality check: Over that nine game span, we were beaten badly by every playoff team that we faced. The closest game was against the Sixers, who were missing Embiid. Several of the teams we beat are either tanking or appear to be getting an early start on their summer vacations. We certainly aren’t winning those games because our scrubs are playing great. Instead, we seem to be winning a few games just because our players haven’t checked out.

It’s great that we haven’t crashed in the standings. A couple weeks ago, we were worrying about slipping into the play-in tournament. But beyond that, I don’t see a lot of positives in this run.


I'm sorry, but we're without 3 of our 5 starters. You could say the same about every other team missing their 3 best players.


3 of 5 starters? Drummond got added to the roster in the middle of the 9 games we're talking about. If you want to count him as a missing starter, that's fine, but the reality is that we don't even know whether he is going to be any good yet, or whether he will fit with Lebron and Davis. This is sort of like the other poster acting like we are paying Drummond his full salary. You seem to be looking for a narrative, but it doesn't make a lot of sense.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 9795

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject:

Given where team health is at, holding serve against all the teams we could beat was a meaningful accomplishment. Being handled so easily in the games we were unlikely to win was also telling. Taking an optimistic view, could be the team elected to take the puncher’s chance in the latter with a plan to conserve energy if things started to trend against them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 3055

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
danzag wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ahaider wrote:
We have ~ 100 Million on the bench right now and we're 4-5.

32.7 Million - Anthony Davis
39.2 Million - Lebron James
28.7 Million - Andre Drummond

Not sure another team in the league could finish 4-5 with that kind of talent on the bench. I would not be sleeping or bearish on the Lakers in the slightest.


Reality check: Over that nine game span, we were beaten badly by every playoff team that we faced. The closest game was against the Sixers, who were missing Embiid. Several of the teams we beat are either tanking or appear to be getting an early start on their summer vacations. We certainly aren’t winning those games because our scrubs are playing great. Instead, we seem to be winning a few games just because our players haven’t checked out.

It’s great that we haven’t crashed in the standings. A couple weeks ago, we were worrying about slipping into the play-in tournament. But beyond that, I don’t see a lot of positives in this run.


I'm sorry, but we're without 3 of our 5 starters. You could say the same about every other team missing their 3 best players.


3 of 5 starters? Drummond got added to the roster in the middle of the 9 games we're talking about. If you want to count him as a missing starter, that's fine, but the reality is that we don't even know whether he is going to be any good yet, or whether he will fit with Lebron and Davis. This is sort of like the other poster acting like we are paying Drummond his full salary. You seem to be looking for a narrative, but it doesn't make a lot of sense.


What are you even talking about?

This is an exact quote from Vogel post Raptors game.

"No, we're going to start Andre. That's what we signed him here for," Vogel said. "We need to get [Drummond] a ton of minutes to get him acclimated to our system with only X amount of games before the playoffs, and he'll be our starter. ... [Gasol's performance] doesn't change that."

AD, Drummond & Lebron are all starters in the eye of our coach. That's 3/5 of our starting lineup out and our team record has been 4-5 in those games. That's not a narrative - that's an unequivocal fact.

My optimism stems from the sheer talent & salary on the bench that is coming back to our team and knowing that AD & Lebron are getting well deserved rest. I wouldn't call that a narrative it's my perspective on the state of the Lakers.
_________________
Author of James Harden and the Strip Club


"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 08 Mar 2016
Posts: 480

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:56 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
danzag wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ahaider wrote:
We have ~ 100 Million on the bench right now and we're 4-5.

32.7 Million - Anthony Davis
39.2 Million - Lebron James
28.7 Million - Andre Drummond

Not sure another team in the league could finish 4-5 with that kind of talent on the bench. I would not be sleeping or bearish on the Lakers in the slightest.


Reality check: Over that nine game span, we were beaten badly by every playoff team that we faced. The closest game was against the Sixers, who were missing Embiid. Several of the teams we beat are either tanking or appear to be getting an early start on their summer vacations. We certainly aren’t winning those games because our scrubs are playing great. Instead, we seem to be winning a few games just because our players haven’t checked out.

It’s great that we haven’t crashed in the standings. A couple weeks ago, we were worrying about slipping into the play-in tournament. But beyond that, I don’t see a lot of positives in this run.


I'm sorry, but we're without 3 of our 5 starters. You could say the same about every other team missing their 3 best players.


3 of 5 starters? Drummond got added to the roster in the middle of the 9 games we're talking about. If you want to count him as a missing starter, that's fine, but the reality is that we don't even know whether he is going to be any good yet, or whether he will fit with Lebron and Davis. This is sort of like the other poster acting like we are paying Drummond his full salary. You seem to be looking for a narrative, but it doesn't make a lot of sense.


What are you even talking about?

This is an exact quote from Vogel post Raptors game.

"No, we're going to start Andre. That's what we signed him here for," Vogel said. "We need to get [Drummond] a ton of minutes to get him acclimated to our system with only X amount of games before the playoffs, and he'll be our starter. ... [Gasol's performance] doesn't change that."

AD, Drummond & Lebron are all starters in the eye of our coach. That's 3/5 of our starting lineup out and our team record has been 4-5 in those games. That's not a narrative - that's an unequivocal fact.

My optimism stems from the sheer talent & salary on the bench that is coming back to our team and knowing that AD & Lebron are getting well deserved rest. I wouldn't call that a narrative it's my perspective on the state of the Lakers.

Agree with you Ahaider. We also seem to figure out how we can get ourselves going from beyond the arc. That’s 2 good shooting games in the last 3 games for us. We haven’t done that since january. it’s against mediocre opponents but its a start.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 15275

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject:

The McLemore move will at least light a fire under KCP and Wes.

Drummond addition has definitely lit a fire under Gasol.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Nov 2008
Posts: 1943

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:15 am    Post subject:

^^^ I approve of that message.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 24518

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:21 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
What are you even talking about?

This is an exact quote from Vogel post Raptors game.

"No, we're going to start Andre. That's what we signed him here for," Vogel said. "We need to get [Drummond] a ton of minutes to get him acclimated to our system with only X amount of games before the playoffs, and he'll be our starter. ... [Gasol's performance] doesn't change that."

AD, Drummond & Lebron are all starters in the eye of our coach. That's 3/5 of our starting lineup out and our team record has been 4-5 in those games. That's not a narrative - that's an unequivocal fact.

My optimism stems from the sheer talent & salary on the bench that is coming back to our team and knowing that AD & Lebron are getting well deserved rest. I wouldn't call that a narrative it's my perspective on the state of the Lakers.


I think you know what I'm talking about. It's true that Vogel plans to start him, but the competition is Gasol, who has been subpar. Drummond was having a poor season in Cleveland, and we're hoping that he bounces back. You call him a $27M player, but if that was true, the Cavs would have been able to trade him. Hopefully, he'll regain his prior form, but that's not a sure thing. But he is likely to be better than Gasol.

When you say that Davis and Lebron are getting "well deserved rest," I really don't know what to say to you. Davis has been out with calf and Achilles injuries, and Lebron just got out of his walking boot. That's a helluva way to rest your players.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 6645

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
We have ~ 100 Million on the bench right now and we're 4-5.

32.7 Million - Anthony Davis
39.2 Million - Lebron James
28.7 Million - Andre Drummond

Not sure another team in the league could finish 4-5 with that kind of talent on the bench. I would not be sleeping or bearish on the Lakers in the slightest.


A lot of credit goes to Vogel, who I think is one of the best coaches in the league.
_________________
Welcome to the BronBrow Dynasty!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 15275

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:55 am    Post subject:

If you play defense, you have a chance. Especially against lottery/tanking teams.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LBJ23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 6005

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:15 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ahaider wrote:
What are you even talking about?

This is an exact quote from Vogel post Raptors game.

"No, we're going to start Andre. That's what we signed him here for," Vogel said. "We need to get [Drummond] a ton of minutes to get him acclimated to our system with only X amount of games before the playoffs, and he'll be our starter. ... [Gasol's performance] doesn't change that."

AD, Drummond & Lebron are all starters in the eye of our coach. That's 3/5 of our starting lineup out and our team record has been 4-5 in those games. That's not a narrative - that's an unequivocal fact.

My optimism stems from the sheer talent & salary on the bench that is coming back to our team and knowing that AD & Lebron are getting well deserved rest. I wouldn't call that a narrative it's my perspective on the state of the Lakers.


I think you know what I'm talking about. It's true that Vogel plans to start him, but the competition is Gasol, who has been subpar. Drummond was having a poor season in Cleveland, and we're hoping that he bounces back. You call him a $27M player, but if that was true, the Cavs would have been able to trade him. Hopefully, he'll regain his prior form, but that's not a sure thing. But he is likely to be better than Gasol.

When you say that Davis and Lebron are getting "well deserved rest," I really don't know what to say to you. Davis has been out with calf and Achilles injuries, and Lebron just got out of his walking boot. That's a helluva way to rest your players.


Drummond was having a poor season in Cleveland? Maybe advanced metrics wise, but some of that had to do with being on a bad team with a lot of inexperience
_________________
Previously PG13
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Jul 2017
Posts: 2598

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:15 am    Post subject:

Vogel like any coach needs the right personal to fit his schemes. In Orlando he had Nikola Vucevic, Aaron Gordon, Evan Fournier, Terrence Ross and DJ Augustin as his core pieces and his teams failed miserably. However with probably lesser talent in Indiana albeit with a budding star (Paul George) his teams excelled and of course the Lakers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 08 Mar 2016
Posts: 480

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Vogel like any coach needs the right personal to fit his schemes. In Orlando he had Nikola Vucevic, Aaron Gordon, Evan Fournier, Terrence Ross and DJ Augustin as his core pieces and his teams failed miserably. However with probably lesser talent in Indiana albeit with a budding star (Paul George) his teams excelled and of course the Lakers.

Vogel was known to be a traditional-style coach when he was first starting out. He tried to adapt to modern concepts during his time in orlando but ultimately failed due to personnel like you said and also due to his lack of experience with modern basketball style. His year off helped him learn more about these concepts and how to incorporate it to his own style without losing its identity. I think what he did with the lakers is a masterful combination of his smash mouth style basketball mixed with modern concepts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cital
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 May 2002
Posts: 3224

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject:

I know a lot of people are concerned, but here is what I believe our roster will look like next season...

Schroder
Caruso/McLemore
Pope
THT
LeBron
Kuzma/McKinnie
Davis
Harrell/Morris
Gasol

Tax Payer MLE to use on Center, we would also need to add a back-up point guard.

I do not see the team letting Schroder walk, he is too valuable of an asset to lose for nothing and would be a big set back. They will over pay if they have to...

No way we let THT go. If that was going to happen we would have traded for Lowry...

I feel like Harrell might take max extension off of his full MLE contract unless another team makes him a crazy offer. I love the guy, but he is undersized and cannot shoot, so he may not get the offers he expects, a lot probably depends on what he shows in the playoffs.

I feel like Caruso will be back as well. Again, if someone overpays he is gone, but I do think some of his limitations have been on display lately, and I am not sure he gets a offer of much more than the tax payers MLE, which I think the Lakers would match.

I could see McLemore sticking around on a minimum contract because of his agent connections, and I could see Morris taking another 1 year deal. Team might hold onto McKinnie because of his low salary and the fact that he has team options.

I think Dudley is done, Drummond will move on for more money and Matthews probably won't be retained...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2014
Posts: 4825

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:07 pm    Post subject:

cital wrote:
I know a lot of people are concerned, but here is what I believe our roster will look like next season...

Schroder
Caruso/McLemore
Pope
THT
LeBron
Kuzma/McKinnie
Davis
Harrell/Morris
Gasol

Tax Payer MLE to use on Center, we would also need to add a back-up point guard.

I do not see the team letting Schroder walk, he is too valuable of an asset to lose for nothing and would be a big set back. They will over pay if they have to...

No way we let THT go. If that was going to happen we would have traded for Lowry...

I feel like Harrell might take max extension off of his full MLE contract unless another team makes him a crazy offer. I love the guy, but he is undersized and cannot shoot, so he may not get the offers he expects, a lot probably depends on what he shows in the playoffs.

I feel like Caruso will be back as well. Again, if someone overpays he is gone, but I do think some of his limitations have been on display lately, and I am not sure he gets a offer of much more than the tax payers MLE, which I think the Lakers would match.

I could see McLemore sticking around on a minimum contract because of his agent connections, and I could see Morris taking another 1 year deal. Team might hold onto McKinnie because of his low salary and the fact that he has team options.

I think Dudley is done, Drummond will move on for more money and Matthews probably won't be retained...


No way Gasol comes back....especially as a starter....hell they got Drummond cuz they aren't happy with Gasol...Trez is gone for sure...he's pissed he signed for $9 million....no way he does it again. Better chance of keeping Drummond since he already has made a ton of money unlike Trez.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 08 Mar 2016
Posts: 480

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:10 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
cital wrote:
I know a lot of people are concerned, but here is what I believe our roster will look like next season...

Schroder
Caruso/McLemore
Pope
THT
LeBron
Kuzma/McKinnie
Davis
Harrell/Morris
Gasol

Tax Payer MLE to use on Center, we would also need to add a back-up point guard.

I do not see the team letting Schroder walk, he is too valuable of an asset to lose for nothing and would be a big set back. They will over pay if they have to...

No way we let THT go. If that was going to happen we would have traded for Lowry...

I feel like Harrell might take max extension off of his full MLE contract unless another team makes him a crazy offer. I love the guy, but he is undersized and cannot shoot, so he may not get the offers he expects, a lot probably depends on what he shows in the playoffs.

I feel like Caruso will be back as well. Again, if someone overpays he is gone, but I do think some of his limitations have been on display lately, and I am not sure he gets a offer of much more than the tax payers MLE, which I think the Lakers would match.

I could see McLemore sticking around on a minimum contract because of his agent connections, and I could see Morris taking another 1 year deal. Team might hold onto McKinnie because of his low salary and the fact that he has team options.

I think Dudley is done, Drummond will move on for more money and Matthews probably won't be retained...


No way Gasol comes back....especially as a starter....hell they got Drummond cuz they aren't happy with Gasol...Trez is gone for sure...he's pissed he signed for $9 million....no way he does it again. Better chance of keeping Drummond since he already has made a ton of money unlike Trez.

Marc is signed for 2 years bro. Unless we trade him or he retires, he’ll be with us next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Jul 2017
Posts: 2598

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Vogel like any coach needs the right personal to fit his schemes. In Orlando he had Nikola Vucevic, Aaron Gordon, Evan Fournier, Terrence Ross and DJ Augustin as his core pieces and his teams failed miserably. However with probably lesser talent in Indiana albeit with a budding star (Paul George) his teams excelled and of course the Lakers.

Vogel was known to be a traditional-style coach when he was first starting out. He tried to adapt to modern concepts during his time in orlando but ultimately failed due to personnel like you said and also due to his lack of experience with modern basketball style. His year off helped him learn more about these concepts and how to incorporate it to his own style without losing its identity. I think what he did with the lakers is a masterful combination of his smash mouth style basketball mixed with modern concepts.


You are correct. I remember him making the rounds visiting different team training camps/practices with GSW in particular.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2014
Posts: 4825

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
King Randle wrote:
cital wrote:
I know a lot of people are concerned, but here is what I believe our roster will look like next season...

Schroder
Caruso/McLemore
Pope
THT
LeBron
Kuzma/McKinnie
Davis
Harrell/Morris
Gasol

Tax Payer MLE to use on Center, we would also need to add a back-up point guard.

I do not see the team letting Schroder walk, he is too valuable of an asset to lose for nothing and would be a big set back. They will over pay if they have to...

No way we let THT go. If that was going to happen we would have traded for Lowry...

I feel like Harrell might take max extension off of his full MLE contract unless another team makes him a crazy offer. I love the guy, but he is undersized and cannot shoot, so he may not get the offers he expects, a lot probably depends on what he shows in the playoffs.

I feel like Caruso will be back as well. Again, if someone overpays he is gone, but I do think some of his limitations have been on display lately, and I am not sure he gets a offer of much more than the tax payers MLE, which I think the Lakers would match.

I could see McLemore sticking around on a minimum contract because of his agent connections, and I could see Morris taking another 1 year deal. Team might hold onto McKinnie because of his low salary and the fact that he has team options.

I think Dudley is done, Drummond will move on for more money and Matthews probably won't be retained...


No way Gasol comes back....especially as a starter....hell they got Drummond cuz they aren't happy with Gasol...Trez is gone for sure...he's pissed he signed for $9 million....no way he does it again. Better chance of keeping Drummond since he already has made a ton of money unlike Trez.

Marc is signed for 2 years bro. Unless we trade him or he retires, he’ll be with us next year.


Exactly...both are very possible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 24518

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:19 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Drummond was having a poor season in Cleveland? Maybe advanced metrics wise, but some of that had to do with being on a bad team with a lot of inexperience


He had the lowest shooting percentage of his career. I'm surprised that you don't remember all of the posts about how he was playing in Cleveland. There were issues with his play on both ends of the court. Sure, that could be due to playing for a bad team, but then Drummond has been playing on bad teams for most of his career.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 08 Mar 2016
Posts: 480

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:20 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
King Randle wrote:
cital wrote:
I know a lot of people are concerned, but here is what I believe our roster will look like next season...

Schroder
Caruso/McLemore
Pope
THT
LeBron
Kuzma/McKinnie
Davis
Harrell/Morris
Gasol

Tax Payer MLE to use on Center, we would also need to add a back-up point guard.

I do not see the team letting Schroder walk, he is too valuable of an asset to lose for nothing and would be a big set back. They will over pay if they have to...

No way we let THT go. If that was going to happen we would have traded for Lowry...

I feel like Harrell might take max extension off of his full MLE contract unless another team makes him a crazy offer. I love the guy, but he is undersized and cannot shoot, so he may not get the offers he expects, a lot probably depends on what he shows in the playoffs.

I feel like Caruso will be back as well. Again, if someone overpays he is gone, but I do think some of his limitations have been on display lately, and I am not sure he gets a offer of much more than the tax payers MLE, which I think the Lakers would match.

I could see McLemore sticking around on a minimum contract because of his agent connections, and I could see Morris taking another 1 year deal. Team might hold onto McKinnie because of his low salary and the fact that he has team options.

I think Dudley is done, Drummond will move on for more money and Matthews probably won't be retained...


No way Gasol comes back....especially as a starter....hell they got Drummond cuz they aren't happy with Gasol...Trez is gone for sure...he's pissed he signed for $9 million....no way he does it again. Better chance of keeping Drummond since he already has made a ton of money unlike Trez.

Marc is signed for 2 years bro. Unless we trade him or he retires, he’ll be with us next year.


Exactly...both are very possible.

No one would trade for him. Him retiring is possible tho, but us not being happy with him has nothing to do with it lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 08 Mar 2016
Posts: 480

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
Drummond was having a poor season in Cleveland? Maybe advanced metrics wise, but some of that had to do with being on a bad team with a lot of inexperience


He had the lowest shooting percentage of his career. I'm surprised that you don't remember all of the posts about how he was playing in Cleveland. There were issues with his play on both ends of the court. Sure, that could be due to playing for a bad team, but then Drummond has been playing on bad teams for most of his career.

You guys should really wait until we see how drummond plays with us before passing judgement.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2014
Posts: 4825

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
Drummond was having a poor season in Cleveland? Maybe advanced metrics wise, but some of that had to do with being on a bad team with a lot of inexperience


He had the lowest shooting percentage of his career. I'm surprised that you don't remember all of the posts about how he was playing in Cleveland. There were issues with his play on both ends of the court. Sure, that could be due to playing for a bad team, but then Drummond has been playing on bad teams for most of his career.

You guys should really wait until we see how drummond plays with us before passing judgement.


He's going to be outstanding....watch....like Vogel said "every team now has to strategize against him." A good problem to have when we have Bron and AD already.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 24518

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
Drummond was having a poor season in Cleveland? Maybe advanced metrics wise, but some of that had to do with being on a bad team with a lot of inexperience


He had the lowest shooting percentage of his career. I'm surprised that you don't remember all of the posts about how he was playing in Cleveland. There were issues with his play on both ends of the court. Sure, that could be due to playing for a bad team, but then Drummond has been playing on bad teams for most of his career.

You guys should really wait until we see how drummond plays with us before passing judgement.


I'm not. In fact, the exact opposite is true. I'm responding to someone putting him in the same hopper as Lebron and Davis. If Drummond bounces back and plays at an all-star level again, that would be great. But I'm not going to assume that this will happen.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 08 Mar 2016
Posts: 480

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
Drummond was having a poor season in Cleveland? Maybe advanced metrics wise, but some of that had to do with being on a bad team with a lot of inexperience


He had the lowest shooting percentage of his career. I'm surprised that you don't remember all of the posts about how he was playing in Cleveland. There were issues with his play on both ends of the court. Sure, that could be due to playing for a bad team, but then Drummond has been playing on bad teams for most of his career.

You guys should really wait until we see how drummond plays with us before passing judgement.


I'm not. In fact, the exact opposite is true. I'm responding to someone putting him in the same hopper as Lebron and Davis. If Drummond bounces back and plays at an all-star level again, that would be great. But I'm not going to assume that this will happen.

The guy you’re talking to never said anything about drummond playing at an all star level. He said drummond is a starter, which vogel already confirmed. I think you’re the one putting unrealistic expectations on drum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 17922

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:52 pm    Post subject:

The key is our 3 pt shooting, how to get hot for the playoff... I’m hoping with Bron-AD back, they’ll be wide open. I mean our D are elite
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 2884
Location: Mission Viejo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:08 pm    Post subject:

You say Drummond was having a bad year yet his line is... 17/13/1blk/1.5stl on 47% shooting. Sure the shooting percentage is down a few points but that was also as the #1 option on a horrible team. He now will be sharing the front court with 2 of the 5 players in the entire NBA as the likely 4th option.. I don't think it's very crazy to say we'll see that percentage go back up some.

I also don't see how it wont be a good fit? I could understand I guess if you're ceiling is him playing at an all star level but that's setting yourself up for disappointment. He probably wont get to that level especially with so little time with the team but he'll absolutely be at worst a solid fit. Teams also didn't trade for him for more reasons then just simply the amount of money he made.. He is a free agent this off season so obviously unless he was willing to sign an extension for sure nobody was going to give 30 million in salary Cleveland wanted to get him for half a season.

We got one of if not the best rebounder in the last 20-30 years on a minimum deal to pair next to AD and Lebron. That's a massive win no matter which way you try to spin it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5968, 5969, 5970 ... 5977, 5978, 5979  Next
Page 5969 of 5979
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB