OFFICIAL 2018-2019 FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD (Available 2019 FAs & LAL Cap Space, p.1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 137, 138, 139  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 93607
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
Givony at DX says the rule will most likely will be changed in 2022.

LINK: DX on Twitter


if that is the case, then just make sure that a premium is placed on that year's picks....both 1st and 2nd Round picks....at the same time when making deals, maybe event try to accumulate some additional 2nd rounders for that year if teams will go for it.


Or trade the 2019 pick.
_________________
We have LBJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 26091
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
Givony at DX says the rule will most likely will be changed in 2022.

LINK: DX on Twitter


if that is the case, then just make sure that a premium is placed on that year's picks....both 1st and 2nd Round picks....at the same time when making deals, maybe event try to accumulate some additional 2nd rounders for that year if teams will go for it.


Or trade the 2019 pick.


I do not have an issue moving the 2019 or 2020 pick....right now both classes are projected to be weaker than the last 2 years.
_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 93607
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
Givony at DX says the rule will most likely will be changed in 2022.

LINK: DX on Twitter


if that is the case, then just make sure that a premium is placed on that year's picks....both 1st and 2nd Round picks....at the same time when making deals, maybe event try to accumulate some additional 2nd rounders for that year if teams will go for it.


Or trade the 2019 pick.


I do not have an issue moving the 2019 or 2020 pick....right now both classes are projected to be weaker than the last 2 years.


Yeah. We have a bunch of youngsters that need time anyways and are under rookie deals. Svi/Wagner will probably play a more prominent role in 2019-20.
_________________
We have LBJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 31938

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Trade restrictions officially lifted on Lakers rookies

The Lakers can trade all three of their 2018 NBA Draft picks. Who could be on the move?

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/8/9/17669810/la-lakers-trade-restriction-rumors-moritz-wagner-svi-mykhailiuk-isaac-bonga
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
markjay
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Feb 2006
Posts: 3219
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Trade restrictions officially lifted on Lakers rookies

The Lakers can trade all three of their 2018 NBA Draft picks. Who could be on the move?

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/8/9/17669810/la-lakers-trade-restriction-rumors-moritz-wagner-svi-mykhailiuk-isaac-bonga


Bonga for Kawhi! Who says no?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 4404

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject:

This thread already.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 26091
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

Hoopshype

NBA Free Agency 2019: The Top 60 Players

LINK

Current & Former Lakers

14. Julius Randle - UFA
17. Marc Gasol (drafted) - Player Option
20. Isaiah Thomas - UFA
21. D’Angelo Russell - RFA
36. Dwight Howard - Player Option
37. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope - UFA
39. Trevor Ariza - UFA
44. Brook Lopez - UFA
49. Rajon Rondo - UFA
51. Larry Nance Jr - RFA
59. Michael Beasley - UFA
60. Lance Stephenson - UFA
_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 8005

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:15 am    Post subject:

The current Laker roster has been built via the following:

Draft - 8
Free Agency - 7
Trade - 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 2132

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:30 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Hoopshype

NBA Free Agency 2019: The Top 60 Players

LINK

Current & Former Lakers

14. Julius Randle - UFA
17. Marc Gasol (drafted) - Player Option
20. Isaiah Thomas - UFA
21. D’Angelo Russell - RFA
36. Dwight Howard - Player Option
37. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope - UFA
39. Trevor Ariza - UFA
44. Brook Lopez - UFA
49. Rajon Rondo - UFA
51. Larry Nance Jr - RFA
59. Michael Beasley - UFA
60. Lance Stephenson - UFA


KCP feels criminally low on the list
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kball
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 05 Aug 2018
Posts: 56

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:28 am    Post subject:

Poor IT

Thats the worst/toughest FA story by far.
Hope the kid finds redemption and glory and gets DEN into playoffs.



....unless they're battling it out with us
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 19311

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:04 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Hoopshype

NBA Free Agency 2019: The Top 60 Players

LINK

Current & Former Lakers

14. Julius Randle - UFA
17. Marc Gasol (drafted) - Player Option
20. Isaiah Thomas - UFA
21. D’Angelo Russell - RFA
36. Dwight Howard - Player Option
37. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope - UFA
39. Trevor Ariza - UFA
44. Brook Lopez - UFA
49. Rajon Rondo - UFA
51. Larry Nance Jr - RFA
59. Michael Beasley - UFA
60. Lance Stephenson - UFA


KCP feels criminally low on the list


Really? I would say he should be lower. Rondo and Larry Nance Jr should be higher than him.
_________________
This Signature is now sponsored by Big Baller Brand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 9198

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Hoopshype

NBA Free Agency 2019: The Top 60 Players

LINK

Current & Former Lakers

14. Julius Randle - UFA
17. Marc Gasol (drafted) - Player Option
20. Isaiah Thomas - UFA
21. D’Angelo Russell - RFA
36. Dwight Howard - Player Option
37. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope - UFA
39. Trevor Ariza - UFA
44. Brook Lopez - UFA
49. Rajon Rondo - UFA
51. Larry Nance Jr - RFA
59. Michael Beasley - UFA
60. Lance Stephenson - UFA


KCP feels criminally low on the list


Really? I would say he should be lower. Rondo and Larry Nance Jr should be higher than him.


IT at 20? better play like playoff Celtics IT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hanging from Rafters
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 31 Jul 2018
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject:

NBA Free Agency 2019: The Top 60 Players

LINK

Current & Former Lakers

14. Julius Randle - UFA
17. Marc Gasol (drafted) - Player Option
20. Isaiah Thomas - UFA
21. D’Angelo Russell - RFA
36. Dwight Howard - Player Option
37. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope - UFA
39. Trevor Ariza - UFA
44. Brook Lopez - UFA
49. Rajon Rondo - UFA
51. Larry Nance Jr - RFA
59. Michael Beasley - UFA
60. Lance Stephenson - UFA

Cousins 8 Beasley 59
Randle 14 Lance 60
IT 20 Rondo 49

If you’re wondering why some here aren’t smelling all roses, that ‘s why. The guys we passed on are projected to be sooooo much better than the ones we got. Add them to LeBron and KCP keeping Ball Hart Ingram Kuzma and we maybe win a championship NEXT YEAR. Instead we’re punting a 6th straight season with a wait till year AFTER next approach. All are absurdity low 1 year deals too so low risk highest possible reward.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 20647
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BellyUpBetting/status/1029063832285659137/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1029063832285659137&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.realgm.com%2Fboards%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D1739090

No one bothered to post this despite the fact that he could be a potential target and gives us a chance to see another WC foe take a back-seat.. all it took was 1 year for the Minnesota experiment to implode
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 2132

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:14 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Hoopshype

NBA Free Agency 2019: The Top 60 Players

LINK

Current & Former Lakers

14. Julius Randle - UFA
17. Marc Gasol (drafted) - Player Option
20. Isaiah Thomas - UFA
21. D’Angelo Russell - RFA
36. Dwight Howard - Player Option
37. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope - UFA
39. Trevor Ariza - UFA
44. Brook Lopez - UFA
49. Rajon Rondo - UFA
51. Larry Nance Jr - RFA
59. Michael Beasley - UFA
60. Lance Stephenson - UFA


KCP feels criminally low on the list


Really? I would say he should be lower. Rondo and Larry Nance Jr should be higher than him.


Rondo I agree as well. Nance no (role player). KCP is an impact starter - young, good 3, strong D, low usage (in the right system), plus rebounding at the SG spot. I think he should be where DLO is at - highly value his skill set.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 20647
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24372973/nba-2019-free-agent-predictions-espn-summer-forecast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 93607
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

Khris Middleton. Is he someone that we're all sleeping on a bit as 2019 FA?

Age 27 year is coming up, and played 82 games at 20/5/4 last year.

In the playoffs stepped his game up even more to the tune of 25/5/5, shooting a whopping 61% from 3s on nearly 6 shots a night.

I might like him (based on age/mileage) more than Butler and may be a smidge cheaper.

Only caveat is his advanced metrics don't scream out anything special.
_________________
We have LBJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 20647
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Khris Middleton. Is he someone that we're all sleeping on a bit as 2019 FA?

Age 27 year is coming up, and played 82 games at 20/5/4 last year.

In the playoffs stepped his game up even more to the tune of 25/5/5, shooting a whopping 61% from 3s on nearly 6 shots a night.

I might like him (based on age/mileage) more than Butler and may be a smidge cheaper.


I think the Bucks letting Jabari Parker walk was basically choosing Middleton over him, they can’t afford to lose 2 scoring options in consecutive summers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 26091
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Khris Middleton. Is he someone that we're all sleeping on a bit as 2019 FA?

Age 27 year is coming up, and played 82 games at 20/5/4 last year.

In the playoffs stepped his game up even more to the tune of 25/5/5, shooting a whopping 61% from 3s on nearly 6 shots a night.

I might like him (based on age/mileage) more than Butler and may be a smidge cheaper.


I think the Bucks letting Jabari Parker walk was basically choosing Middleton over him, they can’t afford to lose 2 scoring options in consecutive summers.


it is his call...he will be a UFA
_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 93607
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Khris Middleton. Is he someone that we're all sleeping on a bit as 2019 FA?

Age 27 year is coming up, and played 82 games at 20/5/4 last year.

In the playoffs stepped his game up even more to the tune of 25/5/5, shooting a whopping 61% from 3s on nearly 6 shots a night.

I might like him (based on age/mileage) more than Butler and may be a smidge cheaper.


I think the Bucks letting Jabari Parker walk was basically choosing Middleton over him, they can’t afford to lose 2 scoring options in consecutive summers.


it is his call...he will be a UFA


Yup.

But when I dove a bit deeper into his advanced stats, nothing amazing jumped out. Hmm.
_________________
We have LBJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 20647
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Khris Middleton. Is he someone that we're all sleeping on a bit as 2019 FA?

Age 27 year is coming up, and played 82 games at 20/5/4 last year.

In the playoffs stepped his game up even more to the tune of 25/5/5, shooting a whopping 61% from 3s on nearly 6 shots a night.

I might like him (based on age/mileage) more than Butler and may be a smidge cheaper.


I think the Bucks letting Jabari Parker walk was basically choosing Middleton over him, they can’t afford to lose 2 scoring options in consecutive summers.


it is his call...he will be a UFA


Good point, Bucks might actually take a big step back as a team, which opens up the possibility of Giannis becoming available.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wino
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jun 2002
Posts: 9299
Location: San Diego

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Should we go after Randle?



What is not to understand, we let him go for free this year to create cap space, so we can bid on him next year and lose that cap space.

Is someone 15 years old here? Just asking.
_________________
I support Magic and Rob!!

Never argue with stupid people! They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!! - Twain

And Vecsey is the most stupid of them all!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wino
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jun 2002
Posts: 9299
Location: San Diego

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject:

kawhileonard wrote:
epak wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
epak wrote:
RG73 wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:
Funny how Kat and Booker are great players, but DLO wasn't..

When all three are bad defensively.


DLO is bad on both sides of the ball, the other two aren't.


I agree with OP. All 3 are bad on defense and pretty good on offense.
Strange about KAT. It's like he focused on his offense and stopped being as focused on defense.


I think it is really a case of expectations. Dlo was drafted to be a starting point guard, and he has average court vision at best. I still see Dlo as a starting 2 guard, which is far from what we wanted when we drafted him.

Thus, even though he compares favourably to the other 2, he gets the shaft because he hasn't performed well in the department where he was expected to excel.


We all got dooped by his spinerooni pass as great vision.
https://youtu.be/_JofVWECgfU


DLO vision is great.

Problem is Luke wanted him to be something else as well as DLO needing to mature as a player.


Talk about DLO's game all you want, he was let go because he was a punk A biatch who was bad locker room material. Dude did NOT take his position on this team seriously, he was a little boy, like Young was. Guys like that who don't totally bring it on the court, are going to be gone. This is NOT Jimmy's team anymore, this is Magic's team and if someone acts like a idiot, they will be sent packing. Only the seriously committed guys will stay here. Thank Frigging God!
_________________
I support Magic and Rob!!

Never argue with stupid people! They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!! - Twain

And Vecsey is the most stupid of them all!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wino
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jun 2002
Posts: 9299
Location: San Diego

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject:

My perfect scenario would have us trading Lebron, Ingram, Kuz and Lonzo and bringing in Randle, DLO, Clarkson and Nance!!

We would kick some serious arse that way!!!


_________________
I support Magic and Rob!!

Never argue with stupid people! They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!! - Twain

And Vecsey is the most stupid of them all!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 13285

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:41 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Pelicans Hoping For Midseason Trade For Wing

The New Orleans Pelicans had interest in acquiring a wing via trade in the offseason but found the cost was too high.

The Pelicans had interest in Kent Bazemore of the Atlanta Hawks.

Dell Demps, however, is optimistic that the asking price for a veteran wing will come down during the season.


https://journaltimes.com/sports/basketball/kushner-pelicans-still-missing-wing-as-training-camp-nears/article_4e6c260d-7cfb-56c6-bf6f-f421131ef122.html

Hey, Dell Demps. You want Luol Deng?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 137, 138, 139  Next
Page 7 of 139
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB